Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
uh
This poll is closed.
embiid 41 32.28%
wiggins 86 67.72%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think Ford said both things and that after eating in America for a few years he would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WEREWAIF posted:

The worst thing about Simmons on The Draft is his assertion that agents only want their clients to go to, A. The Lakers, because they're the Lakers, and B.Boston, because... a historical legacy of racism... to learn under the wing of Kelly Olynyk?? He never quite gives a reason. It's the same way that the Obvious destination for every superstar becomes Boston.

I'm more annoyed by his assertion that other teams would be compliant in getting giving Boston players because of "leverage". He really is terrible around draft time and he was a lot more fun when he took the "I'm an outsider making fun of the pageantry" as opposed to now where he claims his opinions have weight.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I want OKC to draft Kyle Anderson real bad, and it's only because of Boris Diaw.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

WEREWAIF posted:

What I can't figure out is if Chad Ford was saying that Embiid has some sort of hepatitis, some type of anemia, and a bone density problem, or was only saying that it's relatively common for prospects from Africa to have all of those issues, without them necessarily affecting performance.
It's very curioso.

I mean, sickle-cell anemia is common in Africa and the Mediterranean area, but that's not really a big deal. It's well-known, though, that no African center has ever succeeded in the league, especially ones who lied about their age and were secretly 30 when they stumbled in.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Adrian Wojnarowski posted:

Cleveland and Orlando nowhere on a possible deal for the No. 1 pick, team sources tell Yahoo Sports. "Total bullshit," one executive says.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings 3.0 Draft behind the scenes feature is pretty good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuwvsZOvcms

It worries me that our GM doesn't know how to get from Downtown Sacramento to his office after living hear for a year. And I like to pretend the guy in the Hangout pimping Shabazz Napier is Declan

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
"Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

So this appears to be real, i read this on TrueBlue Nation. Seems strange when most magic fans were hopig Afflalo would be used to move up one of our picks.

Considering how we fleeced the Nuggets/Lakers/Sixers before i'm down with whatever Henny is doing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Orlando was pushing hard for that Afflalo + pick package, I wonder if this means those other rumored deals with all a bunch of those top 8 teams are all but agreed on or if everything falls through and all these rumors are just a big tease

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chilihead posted:

"Orlando has agreed to send Arron Afflalo to Denver for Evan Fournier and 56th pick in 2014 Draft, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

So this appears to be real, i read this on TrueBlue Nation. Seems strange when most magic fans were hopig Afflalo would be used to move up one of our picks.

Considering how we fleeced the Nuggets/Lakers/Sixers before i'm down with whatever Henny is doing.

I wonder what the record for a player being traded between two teams is.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
OK guys, who would be the best pick for the Cavs at #1, who will they actually pick, and what spot would that guy have gone if smarter teams had the top spot?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bigass Moth posted:

OK guys, who would be the best pick for the Cavs at #1, who will they actually pick, and what spot would that guy have gone if smarter teams had the top spot?

Thank you for boiling that quickly-tired joke down to it's salient points.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bigass Moth posted:

Wiggins, Exum, anywhere from 3-7

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lockback posted:

What joke? They haven't exactly done well in the last few drafts, and their front office is mostly an unknown.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@WojYahooNBA
Joel Embiid's seriously in play for three spots in top part of lottery: 76ers (3), Celtics (6), Lakers (7), league sources tell Yahoo.

Last year the Kings missed out on Noel by one spot. If they miss out on Embidd this year by one spot I'm going to be super :smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bigass Moth posted:

Wiggins, Wiggins, 1.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

@WojYahooNBA
Joel Embiid's seriously in play for three spots in top part of lottery: 76ers (3), Celtics (6), Lakers (7), league sources tell Yahoo.

Last year the Kings missed out on Noel by one spot. If they miss out on Embidd this year by one spot I'm going to be super :smith:

The Kings don't deserve Embiid. I don't want them to sabotage another KU player's development or have Boogie and his attitude anywhere close to him.

I have been watching the Kings since 1980 so I feel comfortable saying this.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Allegedly Toronto and Memphis are working on Salmons + #37 for Prince + #22. How finished is Prince? Because this seems real good from Toronto's side.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hand Knit posted:

Allegedly Toronto and Memphis are working on Salmons + #37 for Prince + #22. How finished is Prince? Because this seems real good from Toronto's side.

He sometimes plays defense and has VETERAN LEADERSHIP

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

He can't be worse than Salmons and you get a pick upgrade.

Salmons deal is only partially guaranteed so Memphis must be cost cutting

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

kiimo posted:

The Kings don't deserve Embiid. I don't want them to sabotage another KU player's development or have Boogie and his attitude anywhere close to him.

I have been watching the Kings since 1980 so I feel comfortable saying this.

Thomas Robinson has been the same underwhelming player every where he's went so don't blame that on the Kings

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hand Knit posted:

That looks like a salary dump. Prince has flashes where he's still a good passer and defender, but they're flashes. He's mostly done. His shot is hopelessly broken and he misses layups.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Please don't post my picture

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

The guy taking off the jersey to reveal the UK shirt kills me every time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I didn't have time to do a big write up but my BIG BOARD would look like this, if anyone cares (I have no idea why you would, but I am bored and looking at draft stuff all day):

1.Andrew Wiggins, SF
2.Jabari Parker, SF
3.Joel Embiid, C
4.Noah Vonleh, PF
5.Dante Exum, PF
6.Julius Randle, PF
7.Nik Stauskas, SG
8.Gary Harris, SG
9.Tyler Ennis, PG (no one else likes him this much anymore, but gently caress it)
10.Marcus Smart, PG/SG
11.Aaron Gordon, SF/PF
12.Jusuf Nurkic, C (I have never actually seen him play outside of Youtube but his scouting report/stats make me kinda love him, please help)
13.Adriean Payne, PF
14.Doug McDermott, SF
15.Dario Saric, SF/PF
16.PJ Hariston, SG
17.Rodney Hood, SG/SF
18.Elfried Payton, PG
19.Kyle Anderson, SF/PG?
20.TJ Warren, SF
21.Jarnell Stokes, PF
22.Clint Capela, PF
23.James Young, SF/SG
24.Shabazz Napier, PG
25.Jordan Adams, SG
26.Zach LaVine, PG/SG
27.KJ McDaniels, SF
28.Spencer Dinwiddie, PG/SG
29.Russ Smith, PG/SG
30.Cleanthony Early, SF/PF
31.CJ Wilcox, SG
32.Mitch McGary, C
33.Jabari Brown, SG
34.Jordan Clarkson, PG/SG
35.Khem Birch, PF
36.Jerami Grant, SF/PF
37.Johnny O'Bryant, PF/C
38.Bogdan Bogdanovich, SG
39.Joe Harris, SG/SF
40.Jahaii Carson, PG
41.Dev Marble, SG
42.Cameron Baristow, C/PF
43.Glenn Robinson, SF
44.Walter Taveras, C
45.Semaj Christon, PG/SG
46.DeAndre Kain, PG/SG
47.LeQuinton Ross, SG
48.Patric Young, C
49.Melvin Ejim, SF
50.Bryce Cotton, PG/SG

Caveat here is that I have no idea what to do with the foreign guys, so they're almost certainly way underrepresented.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@mr_jasonjones: Re: Marcus Smart, doesn't sound like the Kings expect him to fall to 8.”

I'm still holding out hope Vonleh drops to #8!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I have a huge NCAA tourney hard-on for Julius Randle and I don't see how anyone can rate Vonleh higher than him (can anyone talk me out of this? Because I keep seeing Randle slide down mock boards and I just think that's crazy).

I feel like whoever picks up Randle in the 3-10 range is getting a dude who is NBA Starter material from day 1 and probably a career double-double machine. Also one of the most insane athletic bodies I have ever seen on a dude who is only 19.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

@SpearsNBAYahoo
The Kings appear poised to keep the 8th pick, sources said.

Given all the talk of initially trading out, they have to feel that someone they really like is dropping to them and that Gordon, Vonleh, or Embiid are putting on a Kings hat tonight....or the offers all suck so they are just going with McBuckets

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

It's still a good joke.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Randle has a foot injury, which is why he's sliding.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
I think every team should have a "WTF He's still here?!?!" camera or something in their war room because I'm guessing there will be several times tonight that you'll see shocked GMs when they get a guy they felt like should have gone 8 spots sooner. I want to see the excited and confused reactions they have.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's also a bit of a tweener. Don't get me wrong I think he will overcome that. Just saying his length isn't ideal for a 4.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

He's also a bit of a tweener. Don't get me wrong I think he will overcome that. Just saying his length isn't ideal for a 4.

Being powerful is as important as being tall down low. Barkley conquered the 90's with his powerful buttocks despite being no taller than a common 4th grader

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I get that but Randle's offensive numbers do have a couple notes that should be considered. Only 20.9% of his offense came from post-ups, which is just average. He shot 39.3% when he shot on post-up opportunities which isn't good. From Draft Express there's also this..."Jump shooting is another area of his game that stands out, as he shot only 17.3% on jump shots logged by Synergy, with the 0.40 points per possession he scored on those attempts being the lowest mark in this power forward class."

Of course you could say look man this dude is a double double machine who passes the eye test and I would agree with you.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

kiimo posted:

He's the largest PF available in the draft. I'm not sure how anyone could label him a tweener (Assuming we're still talking about Randle in context?). He's not like 6'7 240 or like 6'11 190, he's 6'9 250 which is enormous even by NBA standards at the position. He's the exact same size as Blake Griffin.

I'd say his red flags are that he has absolutely no outside game, but I don't know why you would ever want him playing outside of the paint anyways. I guess it could create some paint spacing problems for his team if he can't rotate to the wing though.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Randle also has a 7'0 wingspan which isn't amazing but is perfectly acceptable for an NBA PF. He Is A Four

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

quote:

I'd say his red flags are that he has absolutely no outside game, but I don't know why you would ever want him playing outside of the paint anyways. I guess it could create some paint spacing problems for his team if he can't rotate to the wing though.

Unless Randle is paired with one of the 5 centers in the league who are a threat on offense other teams are going to just put a center on him and shut him down.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Unless Randle is paired with one of the 5 centers in the league who are a threat on offense other teams are going to just put a center on him and shut him down.

You could literally say that about any PF in the draft, its a really dumb argument

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I get that but Randle's offensive numbers do have a couple notes that should be considered. Only 20.9% of his offense came from post-ups, which is just average. He shot 39.3% when he shot on post-up opportunities which isn't good. From Draft Express there's also this..."Jump shooting is another area of his game that stands out, as he shot only 17.3% on jump shots logged by Synergy, with the 0.40 points per possession he scored on those attempts being the lowest mark in this power forward class."

Of course you could say look man this dude is a double double machine who passes the eye test and I would agree with you.

Randle always struck me as a guy that you excuse for missing a shot because he'll be mauling to grab the offensive rebound and get it up again. No matter what he's going to be bruising and that takes a toll on opposing defenses after a while.

He's not some potential perennial top 5 all star but he should be a good presence on any team. My real issue with him is I don't believe he passes much once the ball hits his hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eh I don't even believe in the tweener stuff I just am mentioning what I've read and why he isn't going like top three or anything. He's a great player. He just doesn't play like a 4 quite yet. His jump shooting and post-ups need work. Don't get me wrong, he'll get there. I just don't think there's as much use for the "drive from the top of the key and do a 360 and lay it up every time" offense in the NBA as he'd like.

• Locked thread