Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

I've looked into both and I can justify a fully loaded Titanium as I was able to get it down to 20k w/ all features that I want/desire off of a 26k MSRP. The other local dealers can give me an ST similarly loaded for 23.

Spend the extra $3k for the ST. You won't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

I've looked into both and I can justify a fully loaded Titanium as I was able to get it down to 20k w/ all features that I want/desire off of a 26k MSRP. The other local dealers can give me an ST similarly loaded for 23.

I might drive both of them again and sleep on it. 3k isn't that much more for a ST, especially with how fun that motor is.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Filling up for the long weekend when one of the two blonde women at the pump beside me says to me "hey I really like your car, it's really sexy. Maybe it's because you're standing next to it."

Of course all I could muster was a bewildered "Oh, uhhhh thanks". :geno:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You probably made the car look sexier by comparison. One of them has a lower curb weight. :v:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

Although I've only been there once I was really happy with the young female service advisor at the Mazda dealer the other day. I might not be the average customer though, I guess.

I walked into their service department, and they have more women than men as advisors. They've also got women in every department, and half their sales staff is female. I feel really good about the interview, and I have a follow up scheduled with them.

I made it through another dealership's interview an hour later. I got an offer from them pending a background check and drug test.

The downside to both jobs is that they're located on the opposite side of the Twin Cities from me, so now I have to find a new place to live.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

Sold my e30 to Gabe Newell <truestory.jpg>

Keeping my fingers crossed that all the financing works out and I'll know next week if we are getting the house we are trying to buy.

http://gaben.tv

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You probably made the car look sexier by comparison. One of them has a lower curb weight. :v:

HEY I'll have you know I'm not THAT goony looking...I wash my hands after eating my Cheetos thank you very much

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Pretty sure buying Next Car Game during the Summer Sale was one of my best decisions yet. Box Crown Vic with a locked rear diff and a 500hp V8 makes for a hilarious time with 23 other cars on the track :v:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Next Car Game is awesome. I love doing a demo derby and watching all those little Fiat lookalikes zipping around with their noses all stoved in...not too much different than rush hour in Naples, I guess. :v:

Now all I need is for Assetto Corsa to go on deep discount.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I seriously love the fact that they're using the damage indicator system from the old Destruction Derby games from the original Playstation. That's such a cool touch.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
The best thing about babysitting my roommate's kids is that I get to watch Adventure Time with them.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Pretty sure buying Next Car Game during the Summer Sale was one of my best decisions yet. Box Crown Vic with a locked rear diff and a 500hp V8 makes for a hilarious time with 23 other cars on the track :v:

Oh drat, I didn't realize they added more content. I got in early so I spent all of my time punting around little Euroweenie shitboxes with my giant RWD American landbarge, then inexplicably getting my poo poo shoved in and ending up in 10th.

This is definitely getting fired up tonight.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I just grabbed it on the steam sale. I'm really tempted to buy a racing wheel, but down that road lies the madness known as iracing.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

:woop: keep on trucking little Fit. Only reason I don't care about extending my oil life is that with my new commute I'm only going to put ~6k miles on it each year so I'll just change it once a year instead of x number of miles.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

meatpimp posted:

Teach your kids not to be stupid when they have a car full of friends. Local kid driving his 4 friends, loving flying down a country road and... oh yeah, hit a tree sideways. Tore the car in half and killed the three that were in the backseat...

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Thank god we have a private detective to rely on in AI.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It's local to me, too :ssh:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Jesus gently caress. I left work today, hit PnP for some junkyard fasteners and came back to do some work on the Sportage (which has lived in the back of the shop's parking lot since teardown). Well, I got back half an hour after the afternoon shift hosed off, and after I got my T-stat housing in place and started on the fan/shroud I heard some weird loud noises. I'm in the middle of an industrial park right off a fairly major road, so I thought nothing of it.
Then a fire truck pulls in, and around to the far side of the building. Hmm, the dickheads next door lit something on fire again I guess. Time for the thermostat and rad hose.
Then 2 more fire trucks and a cop. Well that's interesting. Let's get some coolant in this prick come on I wanna hear it run.
Then 3 more fire trucks, the power company, one more cop and 3 ambulances. What the poo poo? Oh hey I forgot this vacuum line where does it go again?
Then my boss pulls up, walks in, a few minutes pass by and the bay door opens... and it takes a minute to click that the wall should be obscuring more of that fire truck than it is... and also the lunchroom isn't quite in the right spo....oh, there's a pickup truck in it.
tl;dr: an F150 plowed through my shop wall.
e: ^^but it didn't tear in half or have 3 teenagers in the back of it. Christ that's ugly.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 27, 2014

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I just grabbed it on the steam sale. I'm really tempted to buy a racing wheel, but down that road lies the madness known as iracing.

Tried iracing, didn't like it.

LFS is getting a graphics update and 3D support, including occulus rift. Now I really want to get working on my cockpit, seeing as a buddy and I went in on a G27 wheel setup.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

goatse guy posted:

I'm tired of the places that desperately need employees but still take two weeks to a month to call back. I'm used to working in restaurants where you'll start the next day if you can fog up a mirror.

My current job:

Applied online.
Heard back about a week later.
Scheduled an interview for a week after that.
Had the interview, went well.
Crickets chirping for another 2 weeks, they finally called and offered me a job.

This is a restaurant..

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is why I love the bar business, start tomorrow and we'll know right away whether or not you know what the gently caress you're doing. If not, on to the next one until you get it right :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Had my followup doctor visit today.

The last 3 visits, he didn't want me to exercise, do yard work, or even do anything outside on a hot day - blood pressure was sky high, even when tracking it at home.

It was still holyshit at the dr (since I'm always a nervous wreck at the dr), but my tracking at home with a decent Omron machine has it in the 130/90 area pretty consistently. Still a bit high, but he cleared me to start exercising.

Went for a jog today to celebrate, made it about half a block before I wanted to die. Still managed to do about 2 miles of alternating walking/jogging (mostly walking).

He wants to see me lose at least 5 lbs by our next visit (2 months). I promised 10. :ohdear:

e: I'm hoping to be into half-marathon shape by the end of the summer. Maybe not running the whole way, but at least completing at a decent pace.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 27, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

drat you weather!
There were 2 car events on in the city centre today and tomorrow that I wanted to check out but it is going to piss it down.
Hopefully Sunday will still be clear for traction engines, monster trucks and tanks

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

some texas redneck posted:

The last 3 visits, he didn't want me to exercise, do yard work, or even do anything outside on a hot day - blood pressure was sky high, even when tracking it at home.

It was still holyshit at the dr (since I'm always a nervous wreck at the dr), but my tracking at home with a decent Omron machine has it in the 130/90 area pretty consistently. Still a bit high, but he cleared me to start exercising.

Went for a jog today to celebrate, made it about half a block before I wanted to die. Still managed to do about 2 miles of alternating walking/jogging (mostly walking).

He wants to see me lose at least 5 lbs by our next visit (2 months). I promised 10. :ohdear:

e: I'm hoping to be into half-marathon shape by the end of the summer. Maybe not running the whole way, but at least completing at a decent pace.

I've only ever heard good things about the Couch-to-5K program. I'm not much of runner myself (I prefer lifting), but I've seen it work for people with basically non-existent levels of fitness.

http://www.c25k.com/

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KozmoNaut posted:

I've only ever heard good things about the Couch-to-5K program. I'm not much of runner myself (I prefer lifting), but I've seen it work for people with basically non-existent levels of fitness.

http://www.c25k.com/

I did Couch to 5k several years ago and it worked pretty good...Then I decided to lift a weight instead. Good program though. Also check out YLLS if you have questions on anything. The general questions thread is helpful but if you ask something addressed in the OP you'll get snarky replies.

This post makes me miss my home gym setup. I've been doing bodyweight stuff but it's just not the same.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Testing some CAT5e at my elementary school this morning! Haven't been in here in 15+ years. Then going back to the shop for an hour or two to dick around with the work van while my foreman takes a walkthrough on a new job to bid on. Then heading to Amherst College for the rest of the day to do some fiber. Should be an easy day. Knock on wood.

Looking forward to getting my usual steak and mushroom quesadilla for dinner at Bueno Y Sano and getting drunk tonight.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NitroSpazzz posted:

I did Couch to 5k several years ago and it worked pretty good...Then I decided to lift a weight instead. Good program though. Also check out YLLS if you have questions on anything. The general questions thread is helpful but if you ask something addressed in the OP you'll get snarky replies.

This post makes me miss my home gym setup. I've been doing bodyweight stuff but it's just not the same.

Oh yeah, I think weightlifting or crossfit* is much better than just running, but for someone who just wants to be able to run more, C25K is great.

*At a sensible gym with a sensible trainer doing sensible programs. NOT the crazy-rear end oorah "so badass filthy few no pain no gain" bullshit that everyone rightfully criticizes.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

some texas redneck posted:

That's one thing I love about my job, I'm on my feet walking around all night long. Keeps me in (somewhat) decent shape even though I don't work out.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
"Please call or text anytime between the hours of 8AM and 8PM. Car is available for showing evenings and weekends. Please no solicitations, local buyers only and I don't need any help selling it."

I always put that in all my ads on CL, I'm not sure what part of it means text me "12 cash tomorrow" a few minutes after midnight. That said, I'm happy to sell it for $1,200. Goodbye lovely Nova. You were an adequate racecar, and a poor everything else.

This guy better not try to haggle any further though, I've been up since he texted me and not in any loving mood at all.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Ever get that pitman arm figured out?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Nope. I'm not going forward with that since I'm not keeping it or gifting it to my nephew since he turned his nose up on it. Selling "as-is". Also, the "excessive play" isn't really all that excessive. There's a good reason the steering is as tight as it is.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Your nephew is an rear end in a top hat.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Potentially. He thinks if he spends $2,500 he'll be able to find a car that doesn't have problems and won't need to be worked on. He's just a stupid kid and basically has no financial, emotional, or any other kind of support at all from his parents because they're useless. He doesn't even live with them and is an emancipated minor. He's scared and can't afford a mistake.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Been working my rear end off lately because no one else on first shift can actually, you know, work. I was inspecting one of the pre-welded subframe parts for Ford yesterday. These things:

So out of the 600 we checked, only 158 were good enough to pass on. We were checking the notches where the rest of the parts get welded on. If there wasn't a deep enough notch, or the notch wasn't completely formed, they get sent back for re-grinding. Then one of the bigwigs comes by and takes a look at all the bad ones we were sending back and said "they're good enough I guess". So, I apologize in advance if your future Fords fall apart.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

trouser chili posted:

Potentially. He thinks if he spends $2,500 he'll be able to find a car that doesn't have problems and won't need to be worked on. He's just a stupid kid and basically has no financial, emotional, or any other kind of support at all from his parents because they're useless. He doesn't even live with them and is an emancipated minor. He's scared and can't afford a mistake.
Your nova is awesome and I would love to drive it but $2,500 is a good amount of money for a used car, thats 10 year old corolla money. It shouldn't be any problem to find one that doesn't need repairs.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Cage posted:

Your nova is awesome and I would love to drive it but $2,500 is a good amount of money for a used car, thats 10 year old corolla money. It shouldn't be any problem to find one that doesn't need repairs.

Yeah I'm not faulting him. He's gotta figure out his own way and I'm happy he's making his own decisions and being independent. I think that for $2,500 you can certainly find a car that doesn't need any repairs, but it'll still have repairs you'll want to do. For example, aircon is typically non-op on $2,500 cars around here. It'll probably need tires too, or have rust. There's no such thing as a peach at $2,500 around here. That's my experience with the local market.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Testing some CAT5e at my elementary school this morning! Haven't been in here in 15+ years. Then going back to the shop for an hour or two to dick around with the work van while my foreman takes a walkthrough on a new job to bid on. Then heading to Amherst College for the rest of the day to do some fiber. Should be an easy day. Knock on wood.

Looking forward to getting my usual steak and mushroom quesadilla for dinner at Bueno Y Sano and getting drunk tonight.

I was wondering where the hell you went, glad the gig's going well. You should come to BT's sometime!

(Oz and I are probably hitting the junkyard tomorrow. COME JUNKYARDING WITH US AND GRILL/EAT THINGS)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Devyl posted:

Then one of the bigwigs comes by and takes a look at all the bad ones we were sending back and said "they're good enough I guess". So, I apologize in advance if your future Fords fall apart.

That's some poo poo management right there.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Not sure if you mean lovely management, or managing poo poo, but I guess it's true either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Devyl posted:

Then one of the bigwigs comes by and takes a look at all the bad ones we were sending back and said "they're good enough I guess". So, I apologize in advance if your future Fords fall apart.

Looking forward to the future recall scandal

• Locked thread