Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Opopanax posted:

They hadn't surrendered yet and the builder straight up says their surrender won't matter, Earth's still getting blown up. It's clean.

On the other hand, he's still getting pally with Ronan the Accuser.

Just to let you know that tomorrow is my birthday, so I may not be around too much before the adjusted deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

I was pretty unimpressed with the picks last go round
Secret Invasion! Marvel CYOR

You didn't think ROM: Space Knight was cool?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Ok number 1 Loki is best character in anything, followed closely by Beta Ray Bill.

2-

See also: the entirety of God of Thunder.

Clearly I need to read more comics.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Capps find the Maximus the Mad scene from Infinity to convince people they need to read good comics. You know the one. Woof.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sweet christ I can finally log in and look at your nerd chats about dudes with weird names.

Dr. Hurt posted:

So all in all, just an awkward post from a guy I've never played with.

Yo HurtMD, you spent a lot of words to say this, so I want you to resummarize. What are the implications of somebody's introduction being weirdly forced? I want you to make a more definite post about what you think the relation to Jamuraan's alignment is.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

All this comic book talk can go to the lame-o comic forum place. This thread is for finding scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins32767 posted:

All this comic book talk can go to the lame-o comic forum place. This thread is for finding scum.

I went to Mile High Comics today and they seemed like cool dudes. I bet they could help find the scum.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I know very little about comics :(

Dr. Hurt posted:

5 people as Deadpool. 2 Spider-Men. Green Goblin. Doctors Octopus. Wolverine and Patch.

But even I know everyone would be Deadpool.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Comictalk killed this thing

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Although the anime that Opop posted was pretty cool

##vote Dr.Hurt

looks like a villain, posts like a villain

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Turns out that complaining about comic chat is the only thing more irritating than comic chat.

wins32767 posted:

Do you have anything you think you can add to the game discussion? Any reads or ideas so far?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Well if I knew it would get you posting, I wouldn't have complained.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Juanito posted:

Well if I knew it would get you posting, I wouldn't have complained.

drat!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

MildManeredManikin posted:

Do you have anything you think you can add to the game discussion? Any reads or ideas so far?
No, because comic talk makes it really hard to get reads and the forums were down for so long it killed my D1 mojo sadly.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Dr. Hurt posted:

I'm assuming based on the quaffing ale and male character he is probably Volstagg, but "male and loves drinking" probably covers like 80% of the characters in Thor.

@MMM He's pretty drat awkward in this post.

This is so forced I feel like I need to call the Avengers. Maybe this is the post of someone returning to mafia after a few years, but it reeks weirdly forced smalltalk. Imagine you are about to go to a teambuilding exercise and this is how someone introduces themselves? Would you want to sit next to this guy for the rest of the day? No you'd probably want to hang out with the guy who is throwing jokes around about a cool space horse. Aside from that he's got a joke vote on Wins and then blackout. So all in all, just an awkward post from a guy I've never played with before.

Ego the living planet???

Though I do think this post is really awkward/scummy.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Holy crap the forums are alive again

How do you expect that anyone would have any legit reads or ideas so far this is a silly over serious callout

Oh god it is me I have reads :tinfoil:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

I went to Mile High Comics today and they seemed like cool dudes. I bet they could help find the scum.

Mile High Comics are the assholes who spent years pushing secondary market prices through the roof so they could "undercut" the market. They are the scum.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is that like the mile high club

I'm assuming no since you seem to think they're scummy

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Slightly Toasted posted:

Holy crap the forums are alive again

How do you expect that anyone would have any legit reads or ideas so far this is a silly over serious callout

Oh god it is me I have reads :tinfoil:

I was mostly asking because wins was complaining people were chatting and not playing. I think it's reasonable to just ask somebody making those complaints if they have something to say.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also wins gave a read and was not even the first to do so Idk where you were coming from with that.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is so forced I feel like I need to call the Avengers. Maybe this is the post of someone returning to mafia after a few years, but it reeks weirdly forced smalltalk. Imagine you are about to go to a teambuilding exercise and this is how someone introduces themselves? Would you want to sit next to this guy for the rest of the day? No you'd probably want to hang out with the guy who is throwing jokes around about a cool space horse. Aside from that he's got a joke vote on Wins and then blackout. So all in all, just an awkward post from a guy I've never played with before.
I'm a pretty cool dude to sit next to and I'd even let you copy off me because you're obviously a little slow.

I'm a "veteran" if you wanna use that term. But the fact that you think that post is scummy is pretty loving stupid.

I don't know what it says about your alignment because I'm bad at mafia.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Yo wins are you scum dude? It's really important that you are honest because if not there are going to be **consequences**

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

wins you always tout that your D1 gut is practically infallible. I don't believe that comic talk is that opaque to you that you have no feelings at all. Other things have happened. Give me something.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Yo wins are you scum dude? It's really important that you are honest because if not there are going to be **consequences**

Are you scum with wins, Jam? It's vitally important that you are honest.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

Are you scum with wins, Jam? It's vitally important that you are honest.

I am not scum, so your question is leading and therefore irrelevant.

The nominal question is "Wins are you scum?" which I already asked. Quit trying to copy me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Hal, are you scum with wins and Jam?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my post restriction limits me to talking about comics

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

my post restriction limits me to talking about comics

What do you think of a comic called "Hal Wins Jam"? Epic tale of a scrappy wallflower who overcomes all odds to become the alpha hippie in an epic drum circle, or just scum?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

What do you think of a comic called "Hal Wins Jam"? Epic tale of a scrappy wallflower who overcomes all odds to become the alpha hippie in an epic drum circle, or just scum?

What did Hal do to win the jam? Could he get preserves if jam was not to his liking?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

epic

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Confirmation bias says 1/3 of games I've played with Juanito he was scum.

##vote Juanito

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

DGK2000 posted:

Confirmation bias says 1/3 of games I've played with Juanito he was scum.

##vote Juanito

This is a horrible reason to vote someone. That number needs to be at least 50% of his games.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jamuraan posted:

This is a horrible reason to vote someone. That number needs to be at least 50% of his games.

Exactly, you're due.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Exactly, you're due.

##vote Jammy

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Grandicap posted:

##vote Jammy

Grandi, why are you scum in this game?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Jamuraan posted:

No, I'm not scum.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

wins32767 posted:

No, I'm not scum.

Exactly what scum would say! :tinfoil:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Sweet christ I can finally log in and look at your nerd chats about dudes with weird names.

Yo HurtMD, you spent a lot of words to say this, so I want you to resummarize. What are the implications of somebody's introduction being weirdly forced? I want you to make a more definite post about what you think the relation to Jamuraan's alignment is.

In this case I had never seen him before, so I made the assumption that he was probably newish to the game and was palling up to all the folks that he had played with. But it seemed more like "hey guys, we're friends. Look at meeee. Best buds~" No alignment call, primarily because all I got from him was awkward jokephase. What I should have done was actually looked him up on votefinder, since I had no idea who he was. I would have found that his last game was about a year before I started playing, which meant that he was just an old player that I had taken for a new person.

Jamuraan posted:

I'm a pretty cool dude to sit next to and I'd even let you copy off me because you're obviously a little slow.

I'm a "veteran" if you wanna use that term. But the fact that you think that post is scummy is pretty loving stupid.

I don't know what it says about your alignment because I'm bad at mafia.

Jamjars it's cool. We can both help each other copy our notes, since your reading comprehension also seems to leave a bit to be desired. I said it reeked of awkward forced small talk. I never stated it was scummy. As you see above this is all built upon the idiotic notion that I had that you were a relatively new player.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

wins32767 posted:

Grandi, why are you scum in this game?

Because my role PM had 2 other players in it:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Grandicap posted:

Exactly, you're due.

Nah

• Locked thread