Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Hunter Noventa posted:

GaoGaiGar. :colbert:

Though I still need to finish Z3-1, been slow gong since I only just beat the 6th Angel.

Didn't help that I had to do the stage three times to kill it by turn 4, and not have any plot units die.

I believe during the epilogue they mention the "Green Planet" which im going to take as the 1 in a million shot we see GGG in an epic finale to the Z series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In the game that escalates from the madness and scale that is the Gurren Lagaan ending I hope the new series added in Z3-2 is Patlabor.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Considering Haman's still running around likely with some amount of knowledge as to the whole multidimensional singularity thing, and Axis has come to the forefront as the current Big Deal in the Earth Sphere, ZZ would probably actually work well. It also helps that Bandai no longer seems to pretend that ZZ never existed.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Considering Haman's still running around likely with some amount of knowledge as to the whole multidimensional singularity thing, and Axis has come to the forefront as the current Big Deal in the Earth Sphere, ZZ would probably actually work well. It also helps that Bandai no longer seems to pretend that ZZ never existed.

ZZ will be in, but solely to give context for Mobile Suit Vs Giant God.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

The big problem is that they already retconned a bunch of ZZ when discussing Unicorn's backstory. It isn't impossible but it feels like they wouldn't have bothered if ZZ was something they planned to put in.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hikarusa posted:

I would be so down for this.

Honestly they don't have to give ZZ much story if they don't want to. Just have Judau steal a weakened Zeta while Kamille is on a secret mission or something. All he has to do is interact with Haman every now and then.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The big problem is that they already retconned a bunch of ZZ when discussing Unicorn's backstory. It isn't impossible but it feels like they wouldn't have bothered if ZZ was something they planned to put in.
Let's not forget the voice actor issues (Chieko Honda is dead, meaning Ple and Ple 2 need to be recast; Kazuki Yao can barely manage a yell, and Judau is one of his more yelling-intensive roles) in a culture where recasting is practically done only when it is absolutely impossible to get around (such as Bright having to be recast for Unicorn).

If they do go ahead and add in ZZ, what we could see is a situation where all we get is Haman's Neo Zeon (i.e., Glemy, Mashymere, Chara, etc.) and none of the Shangri-La gang coupled with a reworking of Glemy's rebellion at the end. Otherwise, the only "new" series I see getting added to Z3.2 are the few Votoms OVAs left untouched (Alone Again is one I keep hearing about), the rest of Full Metal Panic Sigma and other FMP novel content such the ARX-8, the rest of Unicorn, and maybe one other show.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AradoBalanga posted:

Otherwise, the only "new" series I see getting added to Z3.2 are the few Votoms OVAs left untouched (Alone Again is one I keep hearing about), the rest of Full Metal Panic Sigma and other FMP novel content such the ARX-8, the rest of Unicorn, and maybe one other show.

Diebuster is my personal hope for that one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Diebuster and Eureka 7 AO seem like the most likely bet for new shows. Diebuster for obvious reasons and E7 AO would bring back E7 and has a giant retcon cannon which can be used to fix timeline issues.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
gently caress all that, bring in Rinne no Lagrange and Star Driver.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hikarusa posted:

I was planning on using Giant God for the prologue of one of my "If Eternity Project Ever Finishes" SRW fan game ideas, alongside G Gundam 7th Fight and Mazinger USA, to establish some of the facts about the Black History in several different ideas of mine(basically a gigantic multiversal war that left fragments of otherwise alien technology across multiple universes, like the Giant God, or SID from Gundam AGE, or why people sometimes end up in universes not their own)

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Let's not forget the voice actor issues (Chieko Honda is dead, meaning Ple and Ple 2 need to be recast; Kazuki Yao can barely manage a yell, and Judau is one of his more yelling-intensive roles) in a culture where recasting is practically done only when it is absolutely impossible to get around (such as Bright having to be recast for Unicorn).

They could just... not have new voiced dialogue for them. Sure, missing out on specific lines against Unicorn villains and the like would be a shame, but there's enough recorded VA to use ZZ in SRW for years to come.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

1st Stage Midboss posted:

They could just... not have new voiced dialogue for them. Sure, missing out on specific lines against Unicorn villains and the like would be a shame, but there's enough recorded VA to use ZZ in SRW for years to come.

They'd run into problems with enemies that the ZZ cast never ran into like Z originals, the ELS and so on, and Banpresto doesn't like cutting corners on that stuff.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...TIL that Mobile Suit vs Giant God is a thing. That is probably one of the most amazing things I have seen of Gundam and it needs to be in SRW now.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Lagrange in 3-2, but...all things considered, it'd work out weirdly well. There's all that stuff about the civilization from 12,000 years ago and the Voxes IIRC come from just around then in the show. I'm estimating they're putting in more than a handful of new shows in since they have a whole new Earth to play with, so.

By this point I think the one show that would bring the greatest 'OH MY GOD YES' reaction from fans would be Giant Robo though.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
While in a sense I would certainly be happy if Giant Robo made a return (as unlikely as it would be), I think it would be pretty drat rushed to try to fit it and the Eye of Voggler plot into Z3-2 when presumably some huge poo poo is going to go down.

I suppose they could use it plotless but man, that would make it like what, 3 games where the big climatic event of the series in question never happened.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still quietly hoping for Late UC stuff.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
The Giant Robo in Z3-2 is actually the exact same one from Alpha 1, explaining why it disappeared from the Alpha timeline.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm playing Z2.1 with the english menu patch and there's an item called DM Armor. The description says "Gives Def+100, 10% EN regen on player phase" and akurasu has it as 10% HP regen instead of EN. I thought regen only happened at the start of player phase anyway? Does it happen each phase otherwise so that 10% EN regen on another part is actually 20% effectively? Or does the DM Armor only make you tougher during the player phase?

If someone could confirm whether it is EN or HP regen also that would be great. I'm leaning towards trusting the akurasu wiki on this one, but I'd like to be certain.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Has anyone else been watching Captain Earth? I think it is pretty drat good, im excited for it perhaps being included in a SRW down the road.

Aldnoah.Zero is looking pretty rad too...

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 30, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Has anyone else been watching Captain Earth? I think it is pretty drat good, im excited for it perhaps being included in a SRW down the road.

I could see it fitting surprisingly well with Evangelion.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
I am quietly hoping for Demonbane in Z3.2 UX gave me a taste of the magic, but I really think the eldritch horrors being related to Ba'al would make a good bit of sense. Mostly though, I want to punch things with an infinite heat fist again.

That being said, realistically Diebuster stands out to me as being the most likely addition. Hell, they even have a spare Earth to throw at the giant space monster now.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

We've already had them individually so it is a matter of time until we get Iczer and Demonbane together now. :getin:

EthanSteele posted:

I'm playing Z2.1 with the english menu patch and there's an item called DM Armor. The description says "Gives Def+100, 10% EN regen on player phase" and akurasu has it as 10% HP regen instead of EN. I thought regen only happened at the start of player phase anyway? Does it happen each phase otherwise so that 10% EN regen on another part is actually 20% effectively? Or does the DM Armor only make you tougher during the player phase?

If someone could confirm whether it is EN or HP regen also that would be great. I'm leaning towards trusting the akurasu wiki on this one, but I'd like to be certain.

It regens HP and regen of player units always happens during player phase. Akurasu just has inconsistent descriptions for similar effects.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Buddy Complex is a completely mediocre mecha anime but it features Code Geass Suzaku's VA (Sakurai) going completely bonkers in the final episode of its first season, so I hope to see it in SRW.

That and the OST and came out and I was happy to include some of its tracks into my latest Z3 playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J3_TeKvsts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMcqxTIy-74

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

GimmickMan posted:

We've already had them individually so it is a matter of time until we get Iczer and Demonbane together now. :getin:

It regens HP and regen of player units always happens during player phase. Akurasu just has inconsistent descriptions for similar effects.

Yeah that's what I thought, thanks for clearing it up!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Buddy Complex is a completely mediocre mecha anime but it features Code Geass Suzaku's VA (Sakurai) going completely bonkers in the final episode of its first season, so I hope to see it in SRW.

That and the OST and came out and I was happy to include some of its tracks into my latest Z3 playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J3_TeKvsts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMcqxTIy-74

It also feels like one of those shows that's made with the intention of winding up in a SRW game eventually. The plot would be insanely easy to fit in with other shows, it would be effortless.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!
Looks like Stage 58 of Z3.1 has been translated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90wx3tNBJ8

It's rather satisfying to see Gatorade the Space Hobo completely lose his mind.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I sort of liked Buddy Complex, it didn't do much outstanding, but it did enough right and didn't succumb to a lot of the ordinary anime bullshit. It'd probably be pretty fun in Super Robot Wars, since the Coupling thing offers interesting mechanics, and the Coupling Mode track would be pretty awesome on anything, and especially epic once your usually mediocre not-Gundams hit their whatever threshold and become unstoppable double-imaging nightmares.

...but given the whole time loop plot that happened in UX, it'd probably have fit there better than any other game I could think of.

UX was weird though. Like, it was divided in three acts but none of the shows aside from Fafner even had any kind of time skip involved, so it's strange when the plot of Mazinkaiser SKL which took place over the course of like...a day instead takes several months. And the Festum and ELS are the most similar aliens ever but they're entirely unrelated once they finally appear together???

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 30, 2014

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I just want ZZ because Judau running around during Unicorn would be amazing. Hell make it Comedy Judau so while Serious UC Drama is going on there's just a robot in the background going all ATAATATATATATATATA on some poor rear end in a top hat.

And yeah, AO is basically a shoe-in because it's a giant reset button that lets them use Rebuild 3.0 without making things massively bleak. And I want Diebuster because I'm not a horrible person.

Mostly I just want the old gang back. I'm hoping Z3.1's exclusions were "We're Good Developers so we were redoing everyone's sprites when the suits wanted something NOW, well we're half-done so let's just make a game out of what we got so far.".

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

How is the Vita version of Z3? I generally prefer SRW games on a portable system.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Personally I hope that 3.0 NEVER gets used in a SRW game, I can only think of like one other Mecha series/movie that'd be worse to use and that's freaking Bokurano

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not sure why you'd say that.

3.0's plot is "the world is hosed, holy poo poo" but it isn't the first or last show to have that happen and it certainly wouldn't be the first time SRW rewrote the Evangelion plot to go from 'everything is hosed' to "everything isn't hosed."

From a game perspective it's actually a fairly simple inclusion if you write around the (especially currently unfinished) plot. You get an additional carrier and at least two Evas for a good chunk of the game with the potential for two more Evas down the line and a collection of Nemesis-types to fight.

Edit: Like, the biggest potential problem I'd see is that you'd go huge chunks of the game without Shinji being an available pilot due to him being a sadsack tragedyboat but even that wouldn't be a first for SRW. Look at PoD Akito for example.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 1, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Dude, it's gonna be in Z3.2. They've already built up to it and everything.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

WrightOfWay posted:

How is the Vita version of Z3? I generally prefer SRW games on a portable system.

Audio is a litte worse, I guess? Otherwise it's exactly the same game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure why you'd say that.

3.0's plot is "the world is hosed, holy poo poo" but it isn't the first or last show to have that happen and it certainly wouldn't be the first time SRW rewrote the Evangelion plot to go from 'everything is hosed' to "everything isn't hosed."

It just comes off as too cynical and way too much of a middle finger to the Mecha genre for me to want it anywhere near SRW(not to mention every new design in 3.0 is ugly as sin), basically there's literally nothing about 3.0 that I like(which makes it pretty much the only piece of Mecha media ever I can say that about, which is quite the achievement), which is odd cause 2.0 is one of my favorite Mecha movies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

It just comes off as too cynical and way too much of a middle finger to the Mecha genre for me to want it anywhere near SRW(not to mention every new design in 3.0 is ugly as sin), basically there's literally nothing about 3.0 that I like(which makes it pretty much the only piece of Mecha media ever I can say that about, which is quite the achievement), which is odd cause 2.0 is one of my favorite Mecha movies

That doesn't really have anything to do with its fitness with SRW, nor would it be the only cynical-about-the-genre show to get in. I mean, hell, Nadesico is incredibly cynical about the mecha genre (despite a lot of people missing that) and it's showed up regularly.

Regardless, Evangelion 3.0 isn't really cynical about the mecha genre. It's cynical about Evangelion fans, and "Evangelion is cynical about its fans" isn't anything new. Rei's voice actress was begging the director to piss off the fans back when the show first aired. End of Evangelion literally prints death threats that Anno received from fans as part of a sequence,

Also, honestly, it's SRW, and SRW never goes for the cynical ending. This is the franchise that gave Ideon a happy ending after all. Whatever they did with 3.0 "cynical" wouldn't be part of it. It turned End of Evangelion into Shinji's heroic self-actualization as he turns against his father and fights an evil super-Eva 01 alongside a mysteriously-alike Kaworu and a perfectly healthy Asuka and then it turned out Rei was just fine after all.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jul 1, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bertram Weatherby posted:

Looks like Stage 58 of Z3.1 has been translated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90wx3tNBJ8

It's rather satisfying to see Gatorade the Space Hobo completely lose his mind.

I love what an rear end in a top hat Hibiki is to him. :allears:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

The thing about SRW is that usually despite me thinking something is a dumb idea, how it's used is probably going to surprise and probably impress me. Yes, we're probably going to get 3.0 next game. It's going to most likely play out one of two ways, the first being 3rd Impact being stopped by one of the various super robots there. The second is that it may occur, but when they get Shinji back, one of the many reasonable minds will have the conversation that would have stopped 3.0 from going downhill as fast as it did. Chances are that when Misato is being loving insane, Bright Noa or any sane calm pilot is going to remind her that she did egg him on and we didn't know the circumstances of exactly what would happen. This is the series where Wufei of all loving people called everyone on their poo poo for the Zero Requiem. Honestly I'm hoping for some insane bullshit where they use Spiral Energy as to why Eva one now has a God Hand and he and Simon team up to control it and later on Shinji gets the Quad arms Eva as upgrade.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno how it'd fit into Z3.2, but Rebuild 3.0 would work great as part of a standalone game's cast (once the last movie gives it an ending to work with). Sure, it'd only give you a couple of robots and its plot wouldn't provide many stages, but what it would perfectly frame "here's the first space stage" and "here's your first carrier", and setting-wise it'd be an easy fit for any game where the world's kind of messed up (i.e. most every SRW ever).

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I dunno how it'd fit into Z3.2, but Rebuild 3.0 would work great as part of a standalone game's cast (once the last movie gives it an ending to work with). Sure, it'd only give you a couple of robots and its plot wouldn't provide many stages, but what it would perfectly frame "here's the first space stage" and "here's your first carrier", and setting-wise it'd be an easy fit for any game where the world's kind of messed up (i.e. most every SRW ever).

Which one was the GBA SRW where the whole world was horrible and you had to join forces with Axis out of necessity? I would like to see another game like that with 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Which one was the GBA SRW where the whole world was horrible and you had to join forces with Axis out of necessity? I would like to see another game like that with 3.0.

That was D, where poo poo got crazy just when Char was about to drop Axis then he thought "waaaaaaaaaaait a minute... this may not be good for the planet!"

• Locked thread