Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Roflcopter posted:

I get poo poo from my friends but I'd love the exact opposite. The marshmallows just have this weird texture that makes me cringe. I also tend to like my cereal slightly soggy rather than super crunchy so what the gently caress to I know. The greatest cereal is oops all berries though, and that's the truth.

If you want Lucky Charms without marshmallows, get frosted Cheerios. They taste almost exactly like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I don't understand this Cottonelle commercial at all. Why is she speed dating? Why is she asking people "How do you wipe your bum?" during speed dating? What is the point of this? It's like she's trying to explain toilet paper to people that have never heard of it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssXrM8z1UM

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Her character is the daughter of Cottonelle's CEO. She was given a cush job in the marketing department because God knows there are no jobs out there for someone with a degree in Jazz Studies. Every idea she suggests involves combining something from her life--shoes, speed dating, Starbucks, purse dogs--with toilet paper and no one can say "no" because everybody knows what happened to the last guy who upset the CEO's daughter.

There, explained it for you.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
A little shake, a little tingle.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this one yet, but remember the "I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" commercial from the 90s that was sort of cheezy and cheap that ended up becoming a joke?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlpDiXPZHQ

The updated version is so horrifying that I thought I was going to start to cry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4JzxG0cnpg

Holy poo poo

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Okay so this new Honda Fit ad I keep seeing has a main guy in it that I really recognize from something but god help me if I can find out who he is. Anyone seen it and know who the guy is?

EDIT: Found it, guy is Nick Thune the comedian

RedneckwithGuns fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 27, 2014

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Irish Joe posted:

Her character is the daughter of Cottonelle's CEO. She was given a cush job in the marketing department because God knows there are no jobs out there for someone with a degree in Jazz Studies. Every idea she suggests involves combining something from her life--shoes, speed dating, Starbucks, purse dogs--with toilet paper and no one can say "no" because everybody knows what happened to the last guy who upset the CEO's daughter.

There, explained it for you.

Morning win?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JediTalentAgent posted:

Admittedly, though, that commercial just bothered the hell out of me, but mainly because I've been in environments where that happens and have known people who've had stuff like that happen to them or their families.

I'm sort of reminded a bit of how about 15 or so years ago when Orkin also went sort of 'scary' in one of their commecials. It was either one of the ones that looked like roaches were crawling on your TV screen, but it was pretty powerful in showcasing to people WHY they needed pest control. At the same time, some people thought it went a bit too far in shocking people and maybe even painted a poor image of the industry.

A funny anecdote in this article about that commercial, though.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/040800/ent_040800037.shtml

oh man this quote

the article posted:

Matthew Reeves of Tallahassee, Fla., told Orkin in an e-mail message that he saw the ad just as he was stepping out of the shower. He immediately whipped off his towel and began snapping it at the TV.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I've been seeing this ad a lot recently:

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/twerking-rabbits-horse-heads-fiat-running-gifs-tv/293710/

"Aren't we cool, young people? We're totally hip to your "OMG random monkey cheese" humor! GIFs! And "Deal With It!" That's a thing, right? And a cat! Young, internet people love cats!

I've seen some other ads do similar things (Hell, Quiznos might have been one of the first with those SpongeMonkey things, or whatever they were called,) but it's a growing trend getting worse and worse every year.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DrBouvenstein posted:

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/twerking-rabbits-horse-heads-fiat-running-gifs-tv/293710/

"Aren't we cool, young people? We're totally hip to your "OMG random monkey cheese" humor! GIFs! And "Deal With It!" That's a thing, right? And a cat! Young, internet people love cats!

I've seen some other ads do similar things (Hell, Quiznos might have been one of the first with those SpongeMonkey things, or whatever they were called,) but it's a growing trend getting worse and worse every year.
I hate to make such a pointless post but I was hoping that link was for the Fiat car ads. Those ads are dumb as hell.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Clamknuckle posted:

Morning win?

:wink:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

MrSlam posted:

There was an update to the radio ad with the mother hashtagging her newborn's medical disorders out loud. Now there's one with cancer. So, you know, #chemotherapy #mamaslittlewarrior.

Stay classy.
Are these the Primary Childrens' ads? Because every time I hear one I wish there was a twitter account I could reply to with #tinylittlecoffin

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
"Because it's not the size of your car that matters... it's the size of your yacht!"

CLAP ALONG IF YOU FEEL LIKE A ROOM WITHO - :suicide:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

I like that they got the concept of "Deal with it" absolutely wrong.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This is a weird fuckin commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhiBSUsSnr4

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The Sprint framily commercial where the hamster is talking to Jeff Gordon (Gor-DON?) and rolls himself off a tool chest: that isn't a good thing to happen to a hamster, right? I've never had one so I don't know how durable hamster balls or hamster bones are.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

skaboomizzy posted:

The Sprint framily commercial where the hamster is talking to Jeff Gordon (Gor-DON?) and rolls himself off a tool chest: that isn't a good thing to happen to a hamster, right? I've never had one so I don't know how durable hamster balls or hamster bones are.

Well you are talking about a commercial with a talking hamster so I'd take anything else in the commercial with a grain of salt in relation to reality.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

raditts posted:

Well you are talking about a commercial with a talking hamster so I'd take anything else in the commercial with a grain of salt in relation to reality.

Don't tell PETA

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That hamster can probably fly and shoot lasers out of his tiny nipples and who knows what else

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's an Irish speeding PSA that came out this month. It's supposed to be harrowing but I can't stop laughing at it and I'm saying this as someone who was terrified at the Canadian work safety PSA with the boiling oil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Celery Face posted:

There's an Irish speeding PSA that came out this month. It's supposed to be harrowing but I can't stop laughing at it and I'm saying this as someone who was terrified at the Canadian work safety PSA with the boiling oil.

That sacchrine sweet version of Sweet Child of Mine had me like "really" at the start, but the climax was fantastic. Totally made it even better. I wish that poo poo was on American TV. It needs to be in .gif format.

Do you think that was a strike, or will he have to try and pick up the spare?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Celery Face posted:

I think its the "Shame on you" at the end.

That really sells it. That or the teachers just standing around after their whole class becomes mincemeat.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Are these the Primary Childrens' ads? Because every time I hear one I wish there was a twitter account I could reply to with #tinylittlecoffin

Yeah, it's Primary Childrens'. Your post made me laugh like an idiot for a minute straight.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Celery Face posted:

It's supposed to be harrowing but I can't stop laughing at it and I'm saying this as someone who was terrified at the Canadian work safety PSA with the boiling oil.

That's because the Canadian PSA's accident involves stuff that is actually going to be all in one place, and doesn't rely on a huge contrivance of a car speeding and crashing at the exact point where there's a bunch of schoolchildren. It's meant to be metaphorical but it honestly would have worked better if it was just one kid getting hit.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Celery Face posted:

I really don't understand the physics of that crash at all :stare:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

jisforjosh posted:

I really don't understand the physics of that crash at all :stare:

Honestly the ridiculous Hollywood slo-mo effect as the car rolls 20 times in midair really kills the shocking atmosphere they're trying to build up

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Zack Snyder's Irish Speeding PSA, only in theaters August 18th. Rated R.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There's not even any blood in that ad, what's graphic at all about it?

Teachers be like "Welp, what're gonna do?"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

"Guess school's out early today!"

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

There's no problem here. They didn't kill any kids, just ran over their laundry.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They could probably re-edit that to be about that car's safety features.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They are probably going to hear about that incident in their yearly review.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Vicas posted:

Honestly the ridiculous Hollywood slo-mo effect as the car rolls 20 times in midair really kills the shocking atmosphere they're trying to build up

I'm not even sure how he lost control, skidded, AND rolled a car with that low a center of gravity. The roads were damp at most.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

jisforjosh posted:

I'm not even sure how he lost control, skidded, AND rolled a car with that low a center of gravity. The roads were damp at most.

I watched this like six times, I still don't understand what is going on except "cartoon physics".

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bonapartisan posted:

I watched this like six times, I still don't understand what is going on except "cartoon physics".

You've never seen Final Destination?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Irish Joe posted:

You've never seen Final Destination?

Not with items on.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Not with items on.

Car is crazy OP, look at that wavedash

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

There's no problem here. They didn't kill any kids, just ran over their laundry.

Those kids are lucky. They were just in the nick of time to be taken by that localized Rapture.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
I like this Irish Speeding PSA from 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-FC40_WWSA

That little girl's face. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just saw a Honey Nut Cheerios ad with Grumpy Cat.