Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

That's just the all-around TV edit, I believe they used to show it on TNT all the time. I'm surprised you guys haven't seen it before, it's up there with "Stranger in the alps" and "monkey-fightin' snakes on this Monday-to-Friday plane" as far as hilariously terrible TV edits go.

"Yippee-ki-yay, melon farmer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

hope and vaseline posted:

VH1's method of playing Showgirls: Digitally painted underwear!

Yeah this was my idea/hope when they first announced that they'd be showing Spartacus. I would actually watch it if that was the case, along with some super obvious dubbing over the more creative swears. Some intern could have a lot of fun playing mad libs to substitute words into John Hannah's more extravagant speeches.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

Samuel L Jackson said he actually recorded the TV version of the Snakes on a Plane lines so it's even better.

That whole scene was one of the reshoots they did once Snakes on a Plane became a meme and they started crowbarring in the wacky winking ironic humor, but it's still so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

"Yippee-ki-yay, melon farmer."

Mister Falcon is better, because to make it work they also dub it to have a character use that nickname in a different scene.

VDay posted:

Yeah this was my idea/hope when they first announced that they'd be showing Spartacus. I would actually watch it if that was the case, along with some super obvious dubbing over the more creative swears. Some intern could have a lot of fun playing mad libs to substitute words into John Hannah's more extravagant speeches.

Jupiter's Shocked!

At last the Gods remove rock from walking path!

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 27, 2014

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Aphrodite posted:

Jupiter's Shocked!

At last the Gods remove rock from walking path!
That's not half bad.

Except every time John Hannah goes on a loving cuss rant, it would be odd not to hear him drop some f-bombs or talking about getting shafted.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Apparently Freddie Wong and his creative partner Matt Arnold were guests on Conan tonight promoting the latest season of Video Game High School. I'm not really a fan of VGHS but it's cool that a special effects-savvy goon got to sit down with Conan, so good for Freddie.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm obligated to post this whenever there's a chat about TV edits. It's a sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CpAE9c1lN8

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Hey guys, new summer fun "let's watch TV" thread!

Come watch a show you've always meant to watch but never have!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Finally, an excuse to watch Friday Night Lights!

Ahaha, who am I kidding. I'm never going to watch FNL.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Someone made another Korra thread. Can we move anime stuff to the rape forum please

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think I need to get around to watching Twin Peaks.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I just watched it and had to bounce in the second season because of plotline reasons but its definitely worth checking out. Detective Dale Cooper is probably one of the most interesting characters to star on a TV drama.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Butts posted:

I think I need to get around to watching Twin Peaks.

Do it in the summer thread along with MrAristocrates!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irish Joe posted:

This, except also with The Wire.

DivisionPost posted:

I'm obligated to post this whenever there's a chat about TV edits. It's a sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CpAE9c1lN8

You can't forget this then, it's one of those rare "things that were funny on Mad TV after the first season."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Although nobody knows what PAX is anymore. Does ION even still exist?

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 27, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel nothing but sympathy for the both of yous.

also people who are smug about not watching a certain show are so weird.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bown posted:

I'm not being smug, those are two shows I've been meaning to watch for years and I'm just accepting the fact that I will probably never get around to it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Why would you mention Penny Arcade Expo in the tv forum? :confused:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

Yes. They show Psych a lot.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

You can't forget this then, it's one of those rare "things that were funny on Mad TV after the first season."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqE7ZxH7BJE

Ahahahaha, now there's something I haven't thought about in years. I remember watching that when it first aired and laughing uncontrollably. MadTV rarely made me completely lose my poo poo, but on occasion it would happen. Here's another example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu3c6hUqMpk
There were 2 of these but I couldn't find the other one on YouTube. I used to watch those 2 over and over again like a decade ago. They just never failed to crack me up.

"I was raised on the dairy, BIIIIIITCH!"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bown posted:

I'm from Baltimore and I just got bored of local documentaries.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Don't forget this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMtb18W5RI

EDIT: And Keegan Key Peel sketches too.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 27, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shageletic posted:

Don't forget this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMtb18W5RI

EDIT: And Keegan Key Peel sketches too.
:lol: I'd nearly forgotten about that too, but once I started watching it, I remembered the whole thing. Amazing.

Man, why couldn't the whole show have been as quality as those sketches?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I tried watching FNL once. Watched almost the whole first season. Just couldn't get into it. I could see how other people liked it, it just wasn't for me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock my door so DivisionPost doesn't track me down with a shotgun.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hello I have made a thread for british conspiracy show Utopia, please watch this show it is very good. Thread Here

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

OldSenileGuy posted:

I tried watching FNL once. Watched almost the whole first season. Just couldn't get into it. I could see how other people liked it, it just wasn't for me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock my door so DivisionPost doesn't track me down with a shotgun.

No. Not a shotgun.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:lol: I'd nearly forgotten about that too, but once I started watching it, I remembered the whole thing. Amazing.

Man, why couldn't the whole show have been as quality as those sketches?

Had to make time for the weekly Ms. Swan and Stuart sketches.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

heee loookaaaa like a maaan

(I love Alex Borstein but god that was just the worst)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

heee loookaaaa like a maaan

(I love Alex Borstein but god that was just the worst)
Incorrect. Stewart was the worst. I consider it a minor miracle that a Stewart / Ms. Swan crossover direct-to-video film was never made.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I watched most of Alpha House. It was really good. John Goodman is a good actor.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guys, I don't know how the hell it happened, but I ended up as a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I just got back from Stamford, CT for the taping of my show.

There's not a lot of stuff I can talk about until my episode airs, and I'm not sure when that'll be just yet -- they repeatedly told us that the order the shows tape aren't necessarily the order they'll air, but we'd know for sure a week and a half before-hand.

But I can tell you this: Terry Crews is awesome, and they had a couple of interesting changes for the new season. Today has just been absolutely insane.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 28, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Holy balls. Congratulations, you son of a bitch! Question (answer if possible): who did you use as your phone-a-friend? Does that show even have a phone lifeline anymore?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
That is awesome! Please make a thread and let us know when you know your episode is gonna air. I hope you're a millionaire or at least significantly richer than you were yesterday!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Yoshifan823 posted:

I watched most of Alpha House. It was really good. John Goodman is a good actor.

They're supposed to start production on season 2 soon. Garry Trudeau put Doonesbury on hiatus for it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Eight minutes into Girl Meets World and I've already laughed out loud three times.

On one hand I'm totally for "Hey, your sense of humor is your own and that's beautiful! Do you, big guy!" On the other, my new nightmare is turning on Dog With a Blog one day and thinking "It's so cute and funny!"

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Disney Channel."

EDIT: Actually, GMW is way more legit than I expected it to be. I think the show plays way too broad for my tastes (and really, that's not fair for a multi-cam comedy aimed at 12-year-olds), but as it stands I'd love for my niece and nephew to get into this, and I wouldn't hate watching it with them either. Color me shocked; I really thought this was going to suck.

I mean, maybe it does to some people, but at least I can see some effort here.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 28, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the pilot was dreadful with a bunch of overt looking at the camera and winking with how often they said the word, "world" as well as hitting the broken record of how this is a new show.

The second episode is a bit better, although it falls into that trap of teen shows where anything of substance has to be followed with the music bed of a scene transition. Here's a kind of sad and poignant moment, *upbeat 'Woah Oh Oh' plays.*

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Harlock posted:

I thought the pilot was dreadful with a bunch of overt looking at the camera and winking with how often they said the word, "world" as well as hitting the broken record of how this is a new show.

The second episode is a bit better, although it falls into that trap of teen shows where anything of substance has to be followed with the music bed of a scene transition. Here's a kind of sad and poignant moment, *upbeat 'Woah Oh Oh' plays.*

Yeah, please don't think I'm trying to put this on the same shelf as Friends, Cheers, or even The Single Guy, compared to the rest of TV it comes up short. (See my edit up above.) But against the rest of Disney Channel's live action lineup, as low a bar as that is? It's fantastic. Few people in its intended audience is going to give a poo poo about the winking and the overselling, and they're likely to get a better story about friendship and finding yourself than pretty much anything else Disney Channel is offering (especially among their live action work).

It's the smartest kid in the middle school. She's still not ready for the real world, but she can serve a purpose for those interested, so good for her.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 28, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You like literally everything.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

zoux posted:

Clearly he doesn't belong in TVIV.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

I respect most things and find a few things to truly hate. You want to hear about me hating something? I'll tell you about To Love and Die, a horrific pilot that USA burned off at the end of...I want to say 2008. Anybody who has ever uttered the phrase "bad *" to criticize television should watch that two hour mess of sub-par chick-lit masquerading as an action-comedy that had neither action nor comedy.

Want something more recent? I thought Maleficent was a straight up dumpster fire. I don't have anything but empathy for its director (Robert Stromberg), but I hope whoever signed off on him got randomly punched in his loving face sometime after.

Edit: IN HIS loving FACE.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'd like orange is the new black more if it didn't treat me like a retard and over explain everything

• Locked thread