Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote bigup DJ toot toot all aboard the turbo train stopping at this scum guys house!

Also I said things would get crazy, not bad. Why would you assume crazy = bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Also merk, you have a pretty cool ability. Wanna use it me tomorrow?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just in case BHB doesn't hasn't noticed the forums came back or something. ##vote bigupDJ

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are you town?

No. I'm a lyncher! If I lead the lynch three times (Be one of the first half of votes on a guy who gets lynched eg. Big Nothing) I win. My flavour is I'm Vincent Mancini-Corleone and I want to prove I've got power and influence to my dad, Sonny.

Hal Incandenza posted:

But you aren't denying that is your role?

No, I'm not denying it. I can frame people! If a cop gets them, they come up as scum no matter what.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Bigup DJ posted:

No, I'm not denying it. I can frame people! If a cop gets them, they come up as scum no matter what.

That certainly sounds like a town power role to me. Movng on. Since Bigup is super obv not scum now where do we go from here:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bigup DJ posted:

No. I'm a lyncher! If I lead the lynch three times (Be one of the first half of votes on a guy who gets lynched eg. Big Nothing) I win. My flavour is I'm Vincent Mancini-Corleone and I want to prove I've got power and influence to my dad, Sonny.

Sonny is alive?!?!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The League of Spoilers strikes again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
DID DOC BROWN'S TIME TRAVELING KEPT SONNY ALIVE IN THIS UNIVERSE?!?!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

The League of Spoilers strikes again.

its the godfather, who hasn't seen the godfather?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is Tom Hagen in the building? You are the best Godfather character.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

mr.capps posted:

its the godfather, who hasn't seen the godfather?

I haven't seen The Godfather, and I'm glad for it. I'm reading the book right now, and it's excellent.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Propaganda Machine posted:

I haven't seen The Godfather, and I'm glad for it. I'm reading the book right now, and it's excellent.

One of those rare instances where the movie is honestly better (along with Jurassic Park and... uh, I can't think of anything else).

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Fight Club

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jaws

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mein Kampf

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
not the musical

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

JakeP posted:

Fight Club

Oh yeah, durr.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rules of Attraction

Fail-Safe

The Shining

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Packing up and moving this weekend, probably won't be around much until sunday night at earliest

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
That was easy, cya day 3

##vote Bigup

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Only BARELY disagree on this. I've come to love King's work as of late. But I should stop posting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

A Clockwork Orange is probably also better than the book.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
hey stop voting for bigup fuckers

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
##shoot Bigup DJ

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
:ghost:I could have been a contender:ghost:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Hal Incandenza posted:

A Clockwork Orange is probably also better than the book.

Agreed. The book is too overly conceptual for its own good, and loving Kubrick, man.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

Agreed. The book is too overly conceptual for its own good, and loving Kubrick, man.

:ghost:Watch Lindsay Anderson's 'Mick Travis trilogy' if you want more good films with Malcolm McDowell.:ghost:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Why did people want a turbo rather than a lynch? Seems stupid when there are no other solid leads.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dugong posted:

Why did people want a turbo rather than a lynch? Seems stupid when there are no other solid leads.

That's precisely why. I think the idea is to get a big sketch factor out of the way while keeping the day open to run some cases and stave off the vig.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Don't worry BHB showed up in time.
I just got off work and glad I didn't miss the fireworks.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Limousine on Pennsylvania Avenue - July 5th, 1997, 12:15 PM

Inside his limo, Vincent Mancini-Corleone sips on a fine wine given to him by one of his newest business partners. He asks for his driver to raise the partition and pulls a telephone from a secret compartment in the limo. It's bright red and would be sure to, otherwise, raise suspicion.

"Yes, it's me darling, how are you?" his voice slithers into the phone. "So, you got the gift? Yeah, the technical stuff's a little over my head, for sure. You are people of finance and politics. These are things I don't understand. But I still believe in the cause. This is what we're destined for, and all the power on Earth can't change destiny. We're under a month away now. The day's almost here."

He puts the phone down, grinning from ear to ear. Using a cane, he taps on the back of the partition to alert the driver. When it opens, however, he sees his driver's head wrenched backwards over the seat, the throat cut open viciously. Startled, Vincent goes for the door but when he opens it he's met by a barrage of gunfire. The shots ring out loudly throughout the street and passers-by panic at the sight. However, Vincent Mancini-Corleone panics no more.

He lies dead in a pool of blood and bullet casings.

Bigup DJ, aka Vincent-Mancini Corleone, scum-aligned player has died Day 2.

The day continues...

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 28, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Hal Incandenza (1): Dugong

Not Voting (19): Asiina, Barehanded Brother, Big Nothing, CCKeane, fiery_valkyrie, Hal Incandenza, JakeP, Jamuraan, merk, mr.capps, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, Puntification, Rarity, Rascyc, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 30th, 2014 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 14 hours.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
There was more than one godfather movie?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tearshed posted:

There was more than one godfather movie?

part 2 is actually better

also its obvious but for anyone who is slow Bigup DJ was mr v from the op

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so 2 more left + bond in that flavor, also possibly gordon gecko

im amusing the other scum were probably under vicents employ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

im amusing

That's debatable :v:

Also all you've done this game is a whole load of stuff about flavour and a really weak attempt to lynch Jamuraan. I don't feel like you're taking scum-hunting seriously and you're obfuscating it behind all this stuff about flavour.

##vote capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
look around you
what do you see?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

I still feel like Punt is scum but the other person on my radar is FV. She hasn't done much beyond throw out a few accusatory questions without doing any real work to scumhunt, her attack on tearshed was a huge overreaction and I'm not a fan of her throwing Big Nothing into the path of the vig. Those are the only two people really pinging my scumdar at the moment.

Rarity posted:

That's debatable :v:

Also all you've done this game is a whole load of stuff about flavour and a really weak attempt to lynch Jamuraan. I don't feel like you're taking scum-hunting seriously and you're obfuscating it behind all this stuff about flavour.

##vote capps

A COMMON THEME

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
scum are too incompetent this game to have me on their team

there is a very light touch here, lack of direction or control. scum are barely playing as a team, though one or two members are getting restless. this is a flavorful game, with some weird stuff going on, my type of game, if I was scum things would be more active

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

A COMMON THEME

Yeah, I only started paying attention to you this morning. You have such a low signal-to-noise ratio that there wasn't much point before then. And then you didn't make any effort to engage with me in discussing potential scum candidates and just threw out Dugong as a joke. I don't buy what you're selling.

• Locked thread