Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also these votes on Rarity are junk. Anyone who has engaged capps in late night madness in any game always comes out looking like poo poo, but two people have phoned in votes on Rarity and a third vote is some pseudo scum catch 101 reason:

Pinterest Mom posted:

In that Day 1 Rarity made a bad case on Punt and kept running with it, and that Day 2 Rarity is making a bad case on capps and running with it. Sure I guess that's different.

##vote rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Rarity less meta, more reads. What do you think of Punt at this point?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Rarity less meta, more reads. What do you think of Punt at this point?

I'm feeling much better about Punt now cause he was targeting BigupDJ on D1 and I've liked his posts so far today.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah but he also targeted Opop and you made some splashes at the start of this day about

Rarity posted:

Also what's the deal with having 2 deaths and why is nobody surprised?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

You, myself, and Jake, just played a game with scum-Hal where he posted a ton d1 to escape death for himself and a scum team mate, Pin Mom. And then Hal proceeded to post nothing the rest of the game.

I then played a game with him where he was town and he wasn't massively different.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Yeah but he also targeted Opop and you made some splashes at the start of this day about

Yeah but would you really kill the guy you'd just been targeting? Bit obvious, ain't it?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I seem to remember there being a link between bigup and big nothing. is it just the word big? I have to reread day 1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

I seem to remember there being a link between bigup and big nothing. is it just the word big? I have to reread day 1

Big Nothing was kind of a weak vote on Bigup from what I recall. Definitely has a hollow bus feeling to it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Puntification posted:

I then played a game with him where he was town and he wasn't massively different.

Yeah, Punt has the right of it. I just go through periods of more free time than other times and that's primarily what affects my posting.

This same conversation has happened in like 50 other games of mafia.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Also these votes on Rarity are junk. Anyone who has engaged capps in late night madness in any game always comes out looking like poo poo, but two people have phoned in votes on Rarity and a third vote is some pseudo scum catch 101 reason:

I think the italics emphasis that PM uses makes his whole point sound pretty phony. Like "I will distract you with this so you focus on those names and not my worthless point"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hal, that might be the weakest way to discredit a case I've ever heard.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, I never did trust italics

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

I dunno, I never did trust italics

Bold is a font style I can get behind. Its <Strong>

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey Asiina, who do you think is scum?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Good Question

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Never mind

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

JakeP posted:

I created the case because I felt like initially there was a weird distancing thing and there was a vote somewhere. I definitely think there is a relationship between them, and not a good one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal, that might be the weakest way to discredit a case I've ever heard.

When it turns out to be right you'll feel really silly.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Sorry I just woke up, I think the same case I made here:

Jamuraan posted:

I still think Big Nothing is scum. Everything he's posted reeks of lazy scum. Asking lots of useless questions and chiming in on off topic conversations. (seriously, read his post history)

He parrots capps, he spite votes me (because I voted him), and he has made no attempt at being productive. I feel I have a far more legitimate case than anything existing right now.

That was the original case I made, followed by this post (Direct link to show full quotes)

And finally this is where I realized the link between the two scumbos.

Jamuraan posted:

Yeah I was just thinking that, lol. Alright, let's just get down to brass tacks.

I'm might be okay with a Bigup DJ vote. He's did a weird buddying thing with Big Nothing a few posts back. Big Nothing also voted for Bigup DJ then retracted it after someone else voted for him. That looks like Big Nothing just making a rookie mistake of voting your scum buddy to create distancing.

Reading from his post history, I don't see a whole lot that makes him scum without assuming Big Nothing is scum. For now I'm going to keep my vote on Big Nothing, but I would okay with a vote on Bigup DJ if that's what the town decides.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I created the case because I felt like initially there was a weird distancing thing and there was a vote somewhere. I definitely think there is a relationship between them, and not a good one.

This was the vote:

Big Nothing posted:

hey i just remembered i hate Bigup DJ :sun: ##vote Bigup DJ

Which I called him out on because this was at the tail end of a pretty fast-moving train and Big Nothing is someone who should be wary of people voting someone basically because they don't like their playstyle since it happens to him every game regardless of alignment. He then hand-waved it away by saying the say was taking too long and shifted his vote elsewhere. Do not like.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

When it turns out to be right you'll feel really silly.

Im high

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

This vote from Bigup late in Day 1 as he's getting more and more votes on him looks like a last ditch effort to repair his relationship with Big Nothing. I agree this is less substantial but I think all the pieces fit.

Finally, this post from Big Nothing:

Big Nothing posted:

As a warning, things will get crazy if i am lynched :unsmigghh:

Worries me because he then votes himself (I always think self-votes are scummy) like he's some kind of bomb or something.

In fact, I'm so sure that he's mafia that I will put the hammer vote on him and take one for the team.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jamuraan posted:

In fact, I'm so sure that he's mafia that I will put the hammer vote on him and take one for the team.

Say what now? How is that taking one for the team?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There might be bad things to happen to the last person who votes for BN.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Rarity posted:

Say what now? How is that taking one for the team?

I mean, I literally just explained why I thought that, one sentence above your quote.

Get your poo poo together Rarity.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jamuraan posted:

I mean, I literally just explained why I thought that, one sentence above your quote.

Get your poo poo together Rarity.

Ohhh the whole 'things will get crazy' thing. I was reading that as a 'bad for everyone' thing, not a 'bad for hammer vote' thing :shobon:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Rarity posted:

Ohhh the whole 'things will get crazy' thing. I was reading that as a 'bad for everyone' thing, not a 'bad for hammer vote' thing :shobon:

I agree that it had just a "General Bad Vibe" to it, but I'm extrapolating what I think his ominous warning meant. Since everyone seems to have 2 powers, it seems reasonable that there may be a scum bomb.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jamuraan posted:

Since everyone seems to have 2 powers
How do we know this?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I see capps mentioned it here too. I don't know where it comes from?

mr.capps posted:

scum wouldn't have any reason to kill me, they didn't realized most roles have 2 powers yet

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

I'm calling you out on this. Your either terrible town or a terrible scum ##vote big nothing

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Aside from that, can anybody actually remember me bussing anybody at any point? I've been scum in a few recent games, so you won't have to strain your memory too much

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Don't care about your meta arguments about yourself.

Try making a case on someone.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Pinterest Mom posted:

How do we know this?

merk has two
i have two
yuming claim miller, but is jason bourne, so im assuming there is more there going on

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Hey your here, wanna stick by your word and unvote so you can hammer me later?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

merk has two

How do you know merk has two?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

How do we know this?

The fact that you seem so surprised is strange to me since I also have two "powers"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rarity posted:

How do you know merk has two?

he used them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

he used them

I thought he used the same power twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Rarity posted:

I thought he used the same power twice

Did you see him kill two people?

• Locked thread