Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Kane?
Really good
WWE World Heavyweight Championship material
Hope he never retires
Better than Daniel Bryan
View Results

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS MATCH?

Yes! Although Daniel Bryan is out nursing injury and is only showing up on the preshow and there's not much of an undercard, Money in the Bank matches are always a great time and there's two of them! On the Official Bryan Danielson Daniel Bryan Excitement Scale, this card gets Kane chanting yes as Daniel Bryan looks on (like he will tonight!)

Welcome to Boston, Massachusetts for the fifth annual Money in the Bank pay-per-view! This event has traditionally been one of the good ones since its inception, normally combining great ladder matches with good championships matches, in addition to providing one of the best WWE PPVs of all-time. This year the ladder match and the championship match are one in teh same due to an unfortunate Daniel Bryan injury. Luckily we get eight realyl good wrestlers doing what they do best and fighting each other on a huge stage. There are currently six matches scheduled for the main card. Here they are:

Daniel Bryan makes his return from being stripped of his WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the preshow by... giving an interview on the exclusive preshow. He'll answer questions about how much he'll be buried when he returns for real.

This match has Fandango guest refereeing the match that will determine his love for one of two really pretty ladies fighting over him. Congrats, Dango!

Cody Rhodes and Goldust have been fighting Rybaxel for approximately two months straight. I'm not sure if they've had a match not against Rybaxel in that time. All Rybaxel, all the time. Now Cody Rhodes is like his brother, dressing up in weird paint and being weird.

RIP The Funkadactyls, 2012-2014

USA looks to continue its run through the Group of Death by facing Russia. Russia has a strong presence but can be felled by smart play and a strong attack.

#OneNationOneBigE

The Usos and the two lackeys of the Wyatt Family have had issues over the last few months, with the Usos becoming godd friends with John Cena in his quest to make Bray Wyatt's back make him humble. Since winning the Tag Team Championships, they haven't had much shine, defending the titles a handful of times and playing second fiddle to things going on around them and not making an impact of their own. Now they go up against guys, who, while they aren't as good as John Cena, still are threatening on their own.

Here's a rundown of the participants in this match:

Bad News Barrett: Assassinated by the coward Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston: Midcard dork, loser, does jumps
Jack Swagger: Funny voice, racist, terribly unsafe worker
Rob Van Dam:: Stoner, old, bad wrestler
Dolph Ziggler: Head made of papier maché, bad on Twitter
Dean Ambrose: Possibly insane, former member of the best faction of best friends in WWE history
Seth Rollins: TOTAL rear end in a top hat

Since Daniel Bryan got stripped of his WWE World Heavyweight Championship earlier this month, the first Money in the Bank match announced has now become for a bigger prize: not a shot for the championship, but the championship itself. Eight good workers will fight for the top prize in the industry and the winner could be a new guy, setting themselves up for a huge run at the top.

If it wasn't for John Cena, those seven fools might have a chance.

John Cena

----

Be sure to make your picks in the WH2KPSP Prediction Game! Believe in the Shield!

All this and more, live from Boston!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I can confirm that 4' ladders and Big Shows super ladder has made the trip to boston.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reminder:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639757&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post430565942

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Please win Reigns so my toxx is over.

Also I can't catch this tonight and I'm seriously bummed out about it :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Save us Bray Wyatt.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Outside of the two MITB matches (but one with the inevitable conclusion) this seems like the night of throwaway rematches. And if they aren't all rematches they sure feel like they are.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SO FUKKEN HYPE FOR LAYLA/SUMMERRAE

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
This seems about worth 10 bucks.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sheamus easily claims the title.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

just imagine the hundreds of manhours that are going into this show, which basically has no card whatsoever.

the 4 am conference calls, the 10 hour rewrite sessions

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

i believe in john cena

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asmodai_00 posted:

i believe in john cena

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
They wouldn't end this pay-per-view event with John Cena rapadooooooing another title victory right?

Right?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Squall posted:

They wouldn't end this pay-per-view event with John Cena rapadooooooing another title victory right?

Right?

All 7 men are going to be climbing the huge rear end ladder, then John Cena walks in and AA's the whole ladder full of people before sauntering up another ladder and getting the belt

Of course he is going to win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spoiler: jhon cena wins

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Payback looked much worse on paper than this and it ended up being good, so this PPV should be solid.

Random, dumb predictions for the night based on absolutely nothing:

Stardust turns on Golddust

Wyatts win all the gold

Fandango somehow ends up with both women. Swerve!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Static Rook posted:

Payback looked much worse on paper than this and it ended up being good, so this PPV should be solid.

Yea pretty much at this point I can't judge these ppvs based on how they look on paper. This SOUNDS boring as poo poo but hey it could be cool.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Two ladder matches sounds rad as hell on paper

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The network is killing my desire to watch PPVs live. I could give up 3 hours tonight and watch the whole thing...or I could wait until tomorrow, skip Raw & instead watch whatever matches on this card don't end up sucking/not mattering...and still probably have 2 hours free after I've watched all I want to see.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oldskool posted:

The network is killing my desire to watch PPVs live. I could give up 3 hours tonight and watch the whole thing...or I could wait until tomorrow, skip Raw & instead watch whatever matches on this card don't end up sucking/not mattering...and still probably have 2 hours free after I've watched all I want to see.

I thought this was one of the main selling points? I mean yea they didn't SAY it but like, the implication that you can watch the big ones like Royal Rumble and WM live and then on poo poo like Payback just chill and wait to see what was good.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Squall posted:

Right?

It's not a 'prediction', it's a 'spoiler'.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am excited to be watching my first PPV since Wrestlemania I hope it's a good one

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That green lipstick is awful.

This show is going to be awful.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Static Rook posted:

Why wouldn't he have chloroform? :heysexy:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Squall posted:

Right?

He's going to rapadoo like Scooby Doo man :(

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Enjoy your stinkin PPV!!!!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Static Rook posted:

This would be confirmation that somehow fandango has landed that head writer's job

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dolph is actually good on twitter. Please update the OP accordingly, thanks

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Stop making ops Bard Maddox. Nobody says papier mache or bothers with accents.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Asmodai_00 posted:

i believe in john cena

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That green lipstick is awful.

This show is going to be awful.
dunno about the show but this thread is and will be.

Push Stardust btw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No matter what happens, I hope Dean Ambrose fucks with Seth Rollins' head somehow. I would consider the PPV a success based on that alone.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looking forward to this show much more than the last two, the ladder matches should own at the very least.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

No matter what happens, I hope Dean Ambrose fucks with Seth Rollins' head somehow. I would consider the PPV a success based on that alone.
I also want Seth to do his curbstomp finisher from a top the ladder on Dolph or Kofi

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I believe in Roman Reigns but Jhon Cena is a destructive nihilistic force that destroys all faith and leaves only himself in his wake. JHON CENA IS.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Cena doesn't win it will be the biggest swerve of the year. He is one hundred times more protected than the other The Guys ever were.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

quote:

I'm hardcore, I'll take em both!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I've been feeling pretty down these past few days. Hoping this will be good.

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems
King Cena will ascend the latter just as the prophecy has foretold, and reclaim his rightful title as Supreme WWE DoubleChamp.

Believe in the Cena.

Awcko fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

I've been feeling pretty down these past few days. Hoping this will be good.

The ladder matches should be good to incredible with a few possible good midcard matches. It'll be a fine show. :)

• Locked thread