Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I think I missed the joke.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

im crying

Capps would it make you feel better if I told you I was a death miller?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

Capps would it make you feel better if I told you I was a death miller?

yes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
asiina

i think you may be the only sane one posting at this moment

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Hey grandmaster capps, do me a favor and post who you think is scum right now so at the end of the game you won't be so smug and arrogant.

TIA

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

asiina

i think you may be the only sane one posting at this moment

That's a scary thought.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jamuraan posted:

Hey grandmaster capps, do me a favor and post who you think is scum right now so at the end of the game you won't be so smug and arrogant.

TIA

mr. capps, big nothing, and rarity (she is busing me)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
WTF is a death miller.

Mafia Wiki posted:

A rather controversial twist is the Death Miller, whose alignment is shown as "Mafia" by the Moderator upon death. This has been argued and discussed in Ethics Threads as a source of distrust in the Moderator, which most people feel should not be tolerated. Thus, the Death Miller is an particularly scarcely-used role even in bastard mod games.

Little Mac you're not a bastard are you? :ohdear:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

merk posted:

What is the case on Big Nothing? Can you give me something bulleted?

This was my first "argument" for Big Nothing actually being scum: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641365&pagenumber=18&perpage=40#post431327780

I'll go ahead and add a couple things here:

1. This quote from Bigup DJ is definitely circumstantial but it's odd for B^DJ to defend Big Nothing at that time.

Bigup DJ posted:

Yeah, in every game I've played with Big Nothing we always get to late game and waste our time on a big dumb argument about whether he's scum because he barely posts. We don't want to use our lynch on him because he's like that every game so he just lingers around forever and it's poo poo, so I stick by what I said.

2. This is a quote from me about the interactions between B^ and BN

Jamuraan posted:

I'm might be okay with a Bigup DJ vote. He did a weird buddying thing with Big Nothing a few posts back. Big Nothing also voted for Bigup DJ then retracted it after someone else voted for him. That looks like Big Nothing just making a rookie mistake of voting your scum buddy to create distancing.

Reading from his post history, I don't see a whole lot that makes him scum without assuming Big Nothing is scum. For now I'm going to keep my vote on Big Nothing, but I would okay with a vote on Bigup DJ if that's what the town decides.

3. Another weird distancing vote from B^.

Jamuraan posted:

Bigup DJ posted:

Hey I'm not going to be around from now to the deadline, I've got an exam on. I like people to have more than one choice for lynching so I'm putting my vote on Big Nothing.

##vote Big Nothing

This vote from Bigup late in Day 1 as he's getting more and more votes on him looks like a last ditch effort to repair his relationship with Big Nothing. I agree this is less substantial but I think all the pieces fit.

Plus just Big Nothing's posting in general, his "if you lynch me things are gonna get crazy" comment, and just in general his lack of scum-hunting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

WTF is a death miller.

Little Mac you're not a bastard are you? :ohdear:

Yeah, he's a bastard

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

mr.capps posted:

Cool, I support lynching at least two of those people.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal, are you joking about being a Death Miller? I just want to make sure.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
"Hey, don't you think this type of deception is suspicious?"
"Nope, I did it night one and I'm town."

classic

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Does anyone here remember Lumpen?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

mr.capps posted:

If Lumpen were here he would be voting the hell out of you after that.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

If so, does anyone else see the similarities between him and capps?

So pretentious and banal.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jamuraan posted:

:ironicat:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Hal, are you joking about being a Death Miller? I just want to make sure.

Totally serious. I figured since people have actually talked about me now I should get that out there in case I get killed. People should keep that in mind when trying to make connections after my flip. My other role (which I assume would get shown in my flip) is most commonly a town role so hopefully that should make it a little easier to believe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha 4 reelz?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I don't know Hal, I'm a huge proponent of lynching all self-proclaimed Death Millers.
It's way too controversial to have to deal with late game and now that you've claimed, scum would be retarded to kill you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Totally serious. I figured since people have actually talked about me now I should get that out there in case I get killed. People should keep that in mind when trying to make connections after my flip. My other role (which I assume would get shown in my flip) is most commonly a town role so hopefully that should make it a little easier to believe.

It doesn't look like roles are part of the flip, just alignment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I really dislike lumpen and I love Capps so....

(Hi from hour fourteen of PM's Big Moving Day. Capps is still scum, I'll check in tomorrow. )

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Hahaha 4 reelz?

asiina i was getting so frustrated with this game and then these last two pages happened

i love mafia again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mr.capps posted:

I just want to point out another example of Capps refusing to engage in scum hunting

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Nothing ironic about my statement, I only have a strong feeling about one player in this game being scum.

You're just a lovely person, but that has nothing to do with alignment.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I don't know Hal, I'm a huge proponent of lynching all self-proclaimed Death Millers.
It's way too controversial to have to deal with late game and now that you've claimed, scum would be retarded to kill you.

OK, but don't run off and clear Capps or something after. That's all I'm saying.

Honestly this is the first time I've ever even SEEN a death miller in a serious game so I didn't know if I should claim it or what. It seems on the whole it's better to at least put the idea out there before you die? I dunno.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK, but don't run off and clear Capps or something after. That's all I'm saying.

Honestly this is the first time I've ever even SEEN a death miller in a serious game so I didn't know if I should claim it or what. It seems on the whole it's better to at least put the idea out there before you die? I dunno.

That's impressive cause you've played in approximately four thousand mafia games.

I agree though it's probably better to get rid of you sooner rather than later?

What is your character?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

It doesn't look like roles are part of the flip, just alignment.

poo poo, you are right. Well maybe merk could use his power on me and there is a 1/3rd chance my role would be posted.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

Reply to my post thanks.

Hal Incandenza posted:

opop, juan and BUDJ's flips didn't include any role info so you should probably not assume that that will happen.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm confused about the conversation atm :sparkles:

mr.capps posted:

scum are too incompetent this game to have me on their team

there is a very light touch here, lack of direction or control. scum are barely playing as a team, though one or two members are getting restless. this is a flavorful game, with some weird stuff going on, my type of game, if I was scum things would be more active
This post sounds honest and I agree with the take on the game.

I don't think capps is scummy.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Puntification posted:

Reply to my post thanks.

I'm sorry, but what post?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Rarity posted:

I just want to point out another example of Capps refusing to engage in scum hunting

Yeah it would be nice if he would actually play the game he's so amazing at instead of being a shitlord.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also two millers? Is that usual? I know it's a big-ish game, but that seems like a lot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Jamuraan, do you think I'm scum?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Jamuraan posted:

I'm sorry, but what post?

I replied to your post about whether BN was self-voting for the second time in this game:

Puntification posted:

He did indeed. I'd vote BN. YPM, Asiina and Fv have all used this "always seems scummy" meta-defence for him, though Fv used it as a reason why we should vig instead of lynch him. I'm not suggesting that it says anything about their alignment necessarily but this "common knowledge" seems like a good cover for scum to hide behind and what else has he done but self-vote and be lazy and self-serving?

I think Fv comes off worse of the three meta-defenders I mentioned though, as she walks this position back in her subsequent post downgrading BN to a "reasonable" instead of "good" target as long as BHB doesn't feel strongly about anyone. I don't like either action. Does Fv know the forums are back up though? She's not posted in the thread since, I would vote her but seems kinda harsh to do it behind her back.

I don't like Hal's vote on capps, it seems like trying to advocate us lynching capps for being capps and while that's so popular we have a whole month (which is every month according to some) dedicated to it, it feels like hal is going for low-hanging fruit to move heat off of himself after being on the receiving end. His criticism of capps not acknowledging BUDJ seems silly when there haven't been a hell of a lot of casing or reads given by people in this game in general and specifically because Hal's track record is defending BUDJ. I'll admit I'm a little scum-hal hysterical after my first game but I'd support voting him if enough of my town reads agree it's a good move (merk's already pro-lynching hal, if yuming, BHB, capps and you or a majority of us think it's a good idea).

I'd like us to discuss these reads.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

mr.capps posted:

Jamuraan, do you think I'm scum?

I don't think you are scum at this moment, no.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

Also two millers? Is that usual? I know it's a big-ish game, but that seems like a lot.

If we have two powers per player, that's over 40 powers Mac had to make up.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

If we have two powers per player, that's over 40 powers Mac had to make up.

I wish he had made me a stump or really anything but death miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Puntification posted:

I replied to your post about whether BN was self-voting for the second time in this game:

I'd like us to discuss these reads.
I know next to nothing about Fiery Valkyrie because of the lack of posting.

YPM has also been suspiciously absent.

Otherwise I think all your points are weak or invalid.

• Locked thread