Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How good is Kane?
Really good
WWE World Heavyweight Championship material
Hope he never retires
Better than Daniel Bryan
View Results

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sex Robot posted:

I still don't know what Sandow was apologising for.

It's part of his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I use the Network mostly for watching old stuff anyway. Even if MitB had been won by HHH himself I'd probably re-up just to be able to see the Undertaker tell people there's no hope with dope.

I'm waiting for them to get to the bit in 1995 where Nitro starts :pray:

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Saturday Mornings posted:

Not mad. I really liked Reigns and Cena trading blows.

It will sureley lead to something great when is seven years Cena is still the champion and Reigns is maybe like a 4 time intercontinental champion or something.

Also Daniel Bryan will be dead because he's a weak dork and this is all his fault.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I had fun with this PPV. Good matches. I didn't agree with some of the outcomes, but, you know...

That being said, I haven't really been watching much lately.

But, like I wrote, I had fun.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cancelling your membership for whatever reason you may have isn't the funny part because that's normal and your choice - dramatically posting that you did here in protest of something that has been happening for over a decade kinda is though

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Listening to somebody who was in the audience talk. Apparently they started setting up Kane's Pyro just before the MitB match. So the whole crowd knew that Kane was coming and was complaining pre-match.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why? There's a shitload of other cool stuff going on, even if you check out for Cena stuff. It's ten dollars a month, which isn't NOTHING, but it's a fourth of the standard PPV price.

I literally just don't understand this thought process.

As the guy who originally :effort:-posted, I should say that I was already set to automatically lapse, but when I went to check my preferences, they decided to say "OH WAIT NO! YOU WANT TO RE-UP! You'll be processed in five minutes!"

So I cancelled again, took the screencap and posted.

I was always taking a wait-and-see approach, but I made people angry. I'm sorry, guys.

But seriously, if you try to check your auto-renew preferences, they'll automatically switch you. Watch out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

legoman727 posted:

ahahhaha Cena literally did fuckall that match then walked in and won.

welcome to the world of John Cena.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The funniest part is the only person Cena could logically be feuding with after that is...Orton. Ahahaha

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I mean whatever dude to each their own, after the first money in the bank match though it just screeched to a halt.

I liked the ladder matches, didn't mind the Kane interference, and Cena's the best choice for a belt pillow, but I can't figure out why they only gave us two matches and a bunch of replays from Main Event.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Kirios posted:

Because a Cena reign isn't worth 10 bucks a month. It's WWE showing they'd rather go back to the well instead of pushing new and fresh talent. That's what irritates me most.

The John Waters film Cry-Baby is up on Netflix Instant

NTRKouhai
Apr 25, 2014

TL Note: Keikaku means Moo

Riceball posted:

the Network is a loving steal.

Not really. There's alternatives that are quicker than the actual WWE Network itself and NXT gets aired about 12 or so hours before it airs on the WWE Network. The only thing that's even worth it is WWE Countdown, and that can also be seen elsewhere.

There's nothing on the WWE Network right now that's worth the price.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

The funniest part is the only person Cena could logically be feuding with after that is...Orton. Ahahaha

I hope Cena feuds with a 9mm

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sex Robot posted:

Listening to somebody who was in the audience talk. Apparently they started setting up Kane's Pyro just before the MitB match. So the whole crowd knew that Kane was coming and was complaining pre-match.

I guess they swerved a little by having Kane's boxes back on the posts for the main event though.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

DeathChicken posted:

Nah, they're gonna feed him Rusev.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I was looking forward to an Orton reign but expected the Cena win; my only real complaint was that he pretty much didn't do anything the whole match, taking a couple bumps and teasing an AA before lying out of sight of the Hardcam until RAPADOOO!

I don't know, it just felt cheap and unearned.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

Because a Cena reign isn't worth 10 bucks a month. It's WWE showing they'd rather go back to the well instead of pushing new and fresh talent. That's what irritates me most.

Actually Cena winning is protecting the newer talent because Brock is returning and they wanna do Brock/Cena and (I'm presuming) have Brock go over at Summerslam. Having Brock murder a young first time champ is an awful idea and doing Brock/Cena non-title is even worse because it marginalizes the championship!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I will continue with my The WWE Network subscription as it is a deal and allows me access to a shitload of old wrestling that I haven't seen before, and also fun PPVs where John Cena, for basically free!

I'm holding out hope for the pre-RAW WWF and pre-Nitro WCW/NWA to turn up, but I haven't checked in a while for those.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NTRKouhai posted:

Not really. There's alternatives that are quicker than the actual WWE Network itself and NXT gets aired about 12 or so hours before it airs on the WWE Network. The only thing that's even worth it is WWE Countdown, and that can also be seen elsewhere.

There's nothing on the WWE Network right now that's worth the price.

What are these legal alternatives?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

DeathChicken posted:

we're all in purgatory

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster
BUILD NEW STARS YOU ASSHOLES

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

For goodness sake it costs one hour of your employment at mcdonalds, calm down.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Fair to Midland posted:

BUILD NEW STARS YOU ASSHOLES

THEY DID DID YOU SEE THE BRIEFCASE MATCH

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

gtkor posted:

For goodness sake it costs one hour of your employment at mcdonalds, calm down.

what future utopia do you live in

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Actually Cena winning is protecting the newer talent because Brock is returning and they wanna do Brock/Cena and (I'm presuming) have Brock go over at Summerslam. Having Brock murder a young first time champ is an awful idea and doing Brock/Cena non-title is even worse because it marginalizes the championship!

Or have someone like cesaro or Reigns have a really cool competitive match with Brock. I know it's a weird idea and all, but I bet you it would work.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

What are these legal alternatives?

Watching through a neighbors window

Wait I dunno if that's legal

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bray or Cesaro wins the title. What do you do next?

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

they wanna do Brock/Cena and (I'm presuming) have Brock go over at Summerslam.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA anyone who think Brock would go over Cena for the belt has either never watched wrestling before or is a total fool.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Watching through a neighbors window

Wait I dunno if that's legal

only if they don't find out

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dexters Secret posted:

what future utopia do you live in

The year 2025, where they're finally raised minimum wage, but it actually still accounts for the same purchasing power as minimum wage right now. WWE just hasn't updated their pricing yet.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

https://twitter.com/realmickfoley/status/483447318340177921

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
John Cena is good and I like when he wins the championship because he's one of the best wrestlers in the world. Congratulations John Cena.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously how in god's name can you post on an internet wrestling message board and not get this

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Or have someone like cesaro or Reigns have a really cool competitive match with Brock. I know it's a weird idea and all, but I bet you it would work.

But having a new guy win the title and then lose it to Brock after a month and a half or whatever is not smart, and then what does Cena do? Feud with a young midcarder again? 'Cause boy that'd end well!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Honestly that was a mostly really fun show.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Pariah Rex posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA anyone who think Brock would go over Undertaker for the streak has either never watched wrestling before or is a total fool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bartok posted:

Have Brock and Heyman turn on Cesaro. Put Cesaro against Lesnar.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

THEY DID DID YOU SEE THE BRIEFCASE MATCH

Rollins is going to look really great when he cashes in that case just look at all the good it did for Sandow...Ziggler....Miz....Swagger...etc.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

bartok posted:

John Cena wins the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Codependent Poster posted:

Cesaro and Wyatt were wasted in the match. They didn't do poo poo or look special. Reigns at least looked good and had a portion built around him doing all his signature moves to everyone.

Cesaro got to hang with one hand from the titles and punch the poo poo out of Sheamus with the other. He didn't dominate the match or anything but he at least got a good spot in.

• Locked thread