Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gaghskull posted:

Bloodletters: I'm going to be honest here, I don't like letters very much. Khorne's gimmick is frenzy on everyone, and letters don't have frenzy to start with. Instead you have a 6/3/3/7 player that has horns, juggernaut, and regeneration. Now, I've run bloodletters on my team before and I can't quite figure out what the hell to do with them. They make decent blitzers with horn and juggernaut, while the regen means that you should lose them a little less often (one of two players in the entire game that gets regeneration on a team that has access to an apothecary). However it's the armor that bugs the hell out of me simply because it is the lowest AV on the team. The lack of frenzy does mean that you can avoid some frenzy traps, but I'd rather be using someone else.

Well I'd think the entire point of Bloodletters is their skill access. GAS means they can become extremely solid blitzers without ever needing to roll doubles at all. And they're the only part of the team with Agility access.

Also we have The Passing Wight, so now we need The Catching Ghoul. Also, save for A Flesh Beginning.

Edit: As said below, we gotta Diving Catch now.

mdct fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

catch
flolem

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Well I'd think the entire point of Bloodletters is their skill access. GAS means they can become extremely solid blitzers without ever needing to roll doubles at all. And they're the only part of the team with Agility access.

Also we have The Passing Wight, so now we need The Catching Ghoul. Also, save for A Flesh Beginning.

Perhaps, but Khorne Heralds have juggernaut and strength access too. So, I dunno.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That game earned its 20 Match Value, though! That was awesome!

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
Yeah, I voted for you to roll more skulls, and I'll DO IT AGAIN. I ain't sorry.

That was a fun match, like all matches that involve lots of dub skulls. Dub skulls are the best.

Incidentally, did they change the interaction of horns in the last expansion? Didn't you used to need to dodge out and come back to get the +1 str in Cyanide? Something about momentum?

Clearly our best player needs pro to bide the time until the next flolem.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Jesus that second half continued to prove you don't stand next to Greater Daemon Stalin.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Narahari posted:

Yeah, I voted for you to roll more skulls, and I'll DO IT AGAIN. I ain't sorry.

That was a fun match, like all matches that involve lots of dub skulls. Dub skulls are the best.

Incidentally, did they change the interaction of horns in the last expansion? Didn't you used to need to dodge out and come back to get the +1 str in Cyanide? Something about momentum?

Clearly our best player needs pro to bide the time until the next flolem.

Cyanide fixed it. It now works as written in the LRB. Anytime you blitz with a player with horns, +1 to strength.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
So much blood in this match. This team really does have the blessing of Khorne.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Diving Catch for Santos. Mainly because you have no accurate passers so it's objectively better than Catch in this regard.

Save for a Flesh Golem.

CommaToes fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 30, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Sure Hands for Santos, and save for Flesh Golem.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sure Hands and save for The Spirit is Willing

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Diving Catch. How can you say no to additional catch chances when the ball lands even within a square, and 2+ catches on accurate throws and hand-offs?

If you give that ghoul Sure Hands, they will never pick it up ever again, and since they already have blodge, the only thing that deals with Santos as a ball carrier is Wrestle/Strip Ball. Only a handful of teams can make use of Strip Ball effectively (basically just Wood Elves), especially since the ball is almost always going to end up in TZs whatever happens, and Sure Hands doesn't help against Wrestle at all.

Oh and Save for a Golem and buy a single Cheerleader, add that pitch ornamentation!

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 30, 2014

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Diving Catch. How can you say no to additional catch chances when the ball lands even within a square, and 2+ catches on accurate throws and hand-offs?

If you give that ghoul Sure Hands, they will never pick it up ever again, and since that they already have blodge, the only thing that deals with Santos as a ball carrier is Wrestle/Strip Ball. Only a handful of teams can make use of Strip Ball effectively (basically just Wood Elves), especially since the ball is almost always going to end up in TZs whatever happens, and Sure Hands doesn't help against Wrestle at all.

Oh and Save for a Golem and buy a single Cheerleader, add that pitch ornamentation!

Going to go ahead and agree with all this: Diving Catch, save and cheerleader

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Sure Hands for Santos and save for another one of Frankenstein's monster.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Side Step since Sure Hands will ensure that Santos never successfully picks the ball up again. And Save for another golem because it seems like every time we get a new player, somebody else dies and I want more blood.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

uPen posted:

In my experience I get at least 1 rat killed in 4 out of 5 games.

What, no Grapes of Rat?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

What, no Grapes of Rat?

That's past players, so maybe Grapes of Rat is currently still alive and kick-kicking.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

This is the worst idea I've ever had, but it wouldn't let me go ever since I thought of it, so I just had to make this.

I'm not terrible enough to train them up and play them against Fairly Elected, though. That would just be too much.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Diving Catch. Sounds really fun.
Save for flesh golem. As much as I want more cheerleaders this seems like the better option, this time. By the way can you equip a flesh golem with pom poms?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Poil posted:

Diving Catch. Sounds really fun.
Save for flesh golem. As much as I want more cheerleaders this seems like the better option, this time. By the way can you equip a flesh golem with pom poms?

Yep

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Side step for the Ghoul, because if you're not annoying people you're not playing BB correctly.
Save for A Flesh Beginning

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
The Diving Catch posters have convinced me. Also buy one (1) cheerleader.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, going with Diving Catch and one cheerleader.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Diving Catch for Santos.
One cheerleader, just because.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheMcD posted:

This is the worst idea I've ever had, but it wouldn't let me go ever since I thought of it, so I just had to make this.

I'm not terrible enough to train them up and play them against Fairly Elected, though. That would just be too much.

You need a Deathroller called the Panzerkampfwagen.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Yeah, let's go with Diving Catch for Santos, and save up gold for REO Fleshwagon.

TheMcD posted:

I don't think you understand. It would be too much, and it would be hilarious.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Unfortunately it would mean us watching ANOTHER Dwarf game and does anyone really want to do that? Especially since we're probably going to have to play Chorfs at some point, so we've already got Dwarfs of a sort coming up later.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Sidestep for Santos

Save for a Flesh Golem

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Feinne posted:

Unfortunately it would mean us watching ANOTHER Dwarf game

Oh.

Oh.

I forgot about that.

Yeeeaaah let's not.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
What are you talking about guys, who doesn't want to watch the opposing team slowly grind down the field to an inevitable 1-0 victory again?

CongoJack is Hitler

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Hey, I won that game 2-1.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CongoJack posted:

Double Hitler

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

CongoJack posted:

Still Hitler.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

CongoJack posted:

This just makes you twice the Hitler.

Also I'll change my vote that Santos von Hammerstein should get Diving Catch instead.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Tallying time, voting closes in ~12 hours from now

Santos Level
Diving Catch - 12
Side Step - 5
Sure Hands - 5
Catch - 1
Pro - 1

Earnings
Save - 18
Cheerleader - 6

Dang you guys really want the Necro passing game huh
Still plenty of time for another skill to win out, though

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
I'm going to go with Diving Catch and Flolem, like everybody else.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Diving Catch and Flolem

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Sneaky git is still the best option.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Side Step gives us the perfect tool for accidentally placing our regen-less ghoul right in the middle of five enemy players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

Dang you guys really want the Necro passing game huh
Yeah, because it's Cool and Fun.

• Locked thread