Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

a fair strategy

##vote ix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nope

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

We could also kill capps instead

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you won't

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Disney Channel. 9:46-10:15. I am expecting disappointment.

I received disappointment.

It was really not good.

Also Topanga is still hot, so not a total loss.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote ix

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Terrible strategy. But whatever, ##vote Ix

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Who would you prefer

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TT. Or an actual case rather than "Oh, guess we should pile on someone with a vote" (which was done at a time when 4 or 5 players each had one vote)

The arbitrariness of choosing Ix is suspect to me.

I mean, its like 4 minutes to deadline, but it irks me.

I am irked.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

##vote ix

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

We should probably lynch someone who already has a vote on them.

##vote ix

Like, this is the post that starts the Ix wagon... why Ix? The 2 most recent votes at that point were on Jedit and my vote on TT. It feels arbitrary but not really.

I am suspicious of PM, and either Jedit or TT if PM was trying to protect them.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also there are 5 people not voting, those people suck.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And another 4 or people with only a single vote, those people also suck.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votecount for Day 1

Ixtlilton (6): Jedit, Pinterest Mom, Slightly Toasted, MildManeredManikin, Grandicap, wins32767
Dr. Hurt (1): Juanito
Juanito (1): DGK2000
wins32767 (1): Jamuraan
Jedit (1): mr.capps
Tremendous Taste (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Jamuraan (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
mr.capps (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Lynch No One! (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Dr. Hurt, Hal Incandenza, Ixtlilton, Tremendous Taste

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 27th, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nobody was sent to Valhalla D1

It is now N1

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Nobody was sent to Valhalla D1

It is now N1

Open nights?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I not the best mod?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here!

Oh drat it... too distracted reading Girl Meets World recaps on Grantland

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Am I not the best mod?

Is this rhetorical?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh wow, deadline was tonight? Sorry, Opop.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Back from MTG. Ixt was a bad push, do not like ST for the ixt vote. Also very suspicious of Grandicap. It's the 3/5 compromise. Third and fifth votes are scum.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Hey guys sorry I was at work. I figured with the forum outage the deadline was gonna be at least Saturday or Sunday.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DGK2000 posted:

Back from MTG. Ixt was a bad push, do not like ST for the ixt vote. Also very suspicious of Grandicap. It's the 3/5 compromise. Third and fifth votes are scum.

I could agree with you, but I'm more inclined to dislike Pinterest Mom. Toasted has done some really dumb things under pressure before, but he wasn't under pressure here.

And yeah; I voted Ixtlilton because I was going to bed, we had even less than usual to go on and I thought he was as good a pick as anyone. When five people jump on a fairly open joke vote, I'd like to know why.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I didn't look at the initial vote you placed on Ix. We were near deadline and it wasn't clear that we would have enough people for a lynch. It wasn't a case of protecting TT or Jedit - because the initial votes on TT and Jedit were more recent, that meant the people who voted for them were around and we needed a total of 8 people around to lynch them. Ixt's vote was older and it wasn't clear Jedit was around, so we only needed 7 people to lynch. I was really just trying to avoid a no lynch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think it's going to be pretty easy for some people to complain about a bad vote push but like, almost literally half the players hadn't made any actual game related posts and only a few people even bothered to be around for the deadline. Ixt was as good as most in a game where nobody cares or tries.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

I think it's going to be pretty easy for some people to complain about a bad vote push but like, almost literally half the players hadn't made any actual game related posts and only a few people even bothered to be around for the deadline. Ixt was as good as most in a game where nobody cares or tries.

I hope you're not including me in the "couldn't be bothered" pack there. Deadline is something like 4am my time, I cannot be expected to be around.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I'm sorry I wasn't around for the Friday night deadline.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In all fairness, I was being a little harsh there, I'm sure many mafia players actually have lives. Still, a bunch of people weren't around for the deadline for whatever reason.

Also, if enough people were busy they could have told Opop or like, at least told the thread or made a vote.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Yeah I've been swamped with work and school and life stuff since the forums came back up. That 2 days it was down I was free and couldn't post, it was frustrating.

I have today off so I plan on making some "reads"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

In all fairness, I was being a little harsh there, I'm sure many mafia players actually have lives. Still, a bunch of people weren't around for the deadline for whatever reason.

Also, if enough people were busy they could have told Opop or like, at least told the thread or made a vote.

I had people over and was drunk. I was expecting the game to be happening much earlier (THANKS LOWTAX) in the week, so... :shrug:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Juanito posted:

I'm sorry I wasn't around for the Friday night deadline.

I'm never around Friday nights. I'm sometimes around Saturdays.

It's also not that I'm not invested in the game, I do not like D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think we can all agree D1 was a wash and we just turbo Ixt to start D2 and then we will be all caught up.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think we can all agree D1 was a wash and we just turbo Ixt to start D2 and then we will be all caught up.

I agree with the first half, but not necessarily the second. Day 1 really hosed things up and now it feels like Day 2 is going to be D1 minus a townie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

I agree with the first half, but not necessarily the second. Day 1 really hosed things up and now it feels like Day 2 is going to be D1 minus a townie.

Scum should just promise to withhold the kill tonight. If they were cool.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll leave night open for the weekend but any actions not in by monday morning are forfeit

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hey I was at a Mountain Goats concert to raise money for charity. It was great, and I have no regrets for missing deadline.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

But I do agree that complaining about a bad vote push on day 1 is akin to complaining about goons. They're still both going to be lovely but the person complaining comes off as the really obnoxious party.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Capps, Fandral the Dashing, Town Aligned Mason
and
Ixlilton, Amora the Enchantress, Mafia Aligned Loved Goon

Were killed N1

It is now D2

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (13): apostateCourier, DGK2000, Dr. Hurt, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Jedit, Juanito, MildManeredManikin, Pinterest Mom, Slightly Toasted, Tremendous Taste, wins32767

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2014 at 9 p.m. MDT -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Interesting. Ixt wasn't really in any danger, because he was at -3 instead of -2, but he actually was scum.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm liking Hal for Town because of this post. Normally I don't like turbos, but if he were scum and knew Ixt was scum I don't think he would have started a second push after his team managed to dodge the first one.

We had two NKs. That means two scum teams, a vig or an SK - probably. I shan't ask anyone to claim, but if anyone's a bad guy it's apostate. Claiming to be Skurge the loving Executioner, AKA "The Evil One"? If I hadn't gone to bed after voting I'd have switched my vote for that.

##vote apostateCourier

Yes, this is a flavour vote. But flavour does seem to have a strong correlation to role in this game: the Enchantress beguiles people into loving her, hence Loved, and Fandral is one of the Warriors Three - his mason buddies are presumably Hogun and Volstagg. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the guy who just claimed to be a psychopathic killer and the former lover of our dead scum is perhaps not on the side of light.

• Locked thread