Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
:golfclap: Thread title.

Seriously - did not think this was remotely possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Does Yahoo TV or whatever the gently caress it's called require a subscription or can I partake in new bad episodes of Community for free?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They are releasing all 13 episodes at once:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/community-season-6-yahoo-204612640.html

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

Is this real life or what is going on

Literally my reaction.

Maybe we've been kidnapped by Shyamaliens and the only way to log on to Yahoo's video thing is to tell them the formula for dark matter.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

You're all loving welcome you assholes

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Great another season of Shirley being neglected.

Aww hell yeah!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I don't know about y'all but I've got DMB cranked way up and am enjoying a big ol subway sandwich. Yee haw lets do this

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

EDIT: Never mind. I hope Yahoo can pull this off and actually form a coherent corporate identity again.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 30, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bring Back Pierce!

Also, why is a search engine making shows?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I hope Donglover is back for the Yahoo season. The show lost a lot of its charm without the Troy & Abed bromance.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Why is an ebook seller making shows? Why is a video game company making shows?

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Yahoo's been struggling for an identity since Google dick-punched them on both search and e-mail, and "TV necromancer" is as good as any.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Because no one uses their search engine anymore

Edit: Also, why is a search engine making driverless cars?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Irish Joe posted:

Glover will never, ever come back.

Don't be so sure.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/12/e3-2014-donald-glover-and-danny-pudi-talk-far-cry-4-and-the-community-hulu-talks?page=2

quote:

Glover: Yeah, Ubisoft should just do that for us. No, I mean, that actually would be kind of dope. I love that character. Who doesn't? Who watches the show and doesn't want -- because Troy and Abed were a fun part of it. I mean, I always liked the Dean the most, personally, but I think the gang is really fun to see together. So yeah, I'd be down to do something.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Son of a bitch.

Ratjaculation posted:

Why is a search engine making a car that drives itself? Why is an online book store making cell phones? Why is a company that makes overpriced computers that don't run any programs running the largest music store on the planet?

Because they can.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Chevy was fired (and banned from the set) by Sony, not NBC. Sony still produces the show.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If it's already going for online release and Sony's still producing it, then maybe odds are pretty good it'll also show up in the PlayStation TV catalog.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Oh my goodness, part of me wishes he would come back, and the other part realizes that if you want this season to never get off the ground, cast Chevy Chase in it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It's going to be really hard to not marathon them all in a row. I wish there were more than 13 but it's better than nothing. If Troy isn't back at the end of this season, the movie should be about rescuing him from the Pirates/being lost in the Bermuda triangle.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

sniper4625 posted:

Yahoo? Didn't expect that.

My mouth doesn't even know how to make the words that express my confusion over this new turn of events. Apparently my fingers do, but they do a lot of things on their own.

Ratjaculation posted:

Bring Back Pierce!

Once the Weather Channel started running movies, the country went straight to Hell.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 30, 2014

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Majorian posted:

Oh my goodness, part of me wishes he would come back, and the other part realizes that if you want this season to never get off the ground, cast Chevy Chase in it.

IMO his character was great until season 3, so I guess the crew started hating Chase around then.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Anyone doubting Yahoo's ability to do TV needs to watch Burning Love

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Glover will never, ever come back.

What makes you think so, by the way?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ratjaculation posted:

IMO his character was great until season 3, so I guess the crew started hating Chase around then.

If memory serves, Harmon has said that Chevy was a real pain in the rear end during the season 2 episodes where he was in the wheelchair. It's Chevy, though, so you kind of have to expect that he's going to be a ridiculous diva.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I was wondering why the thread had so many posts all of a sudden, and then I saw the new thread title... holy poo poo, what a surprise!! :D

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Glover will surely return for a cameo, at least. Or maybe for the movie. Either way, there's no way a proper goodbye to the show won't include him in any way. Same goes for Pierce. Original 7 ftw.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Irish Joe posted:

RIP Community. You were great once.

Oh, and since Community is dead and gone, I have successfully beaten my Toxx. Suck it, nerds!

Suck what exactly?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Irish Joe posted:

Oh, and since Community is dead and gone, I have successfully beaten my Toxx. Suck it, nerds!

Hahahahahahaha

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Speaking of ancient :toxx:

Remulak posted:

There's a reason that so many great people got wasted in useless cameos, they knew this was probably coming.

That being said, I'll :toxx: myself that we're getting at least one more Community, although I'll be damned if I know in what format.
:toot: :10bux:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Beeez posted:

What makes you think so, by the way?

I've been in his position before. Sometimes you just want a clean break in life. Maybe he'd go back with time and perspective, but I think the wound is too fresh and Glover too young to even consider it.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
God, there must be a ton of 'Community's over, get over it shitlords :smug:' type posts to reply to. Someone with major aspergers needs to dig those posts up so we can mock them incessantly :smugdog:

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Season 6 Episode 1 title: Death of the Peacock

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
What a great day this is.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I've been in his position before.

You gave up a role on a sitcom to pursue a rap career and your own tv show? Wow...

(There's already the quote just up the page about him talking about being interested in a potential return, you clearly didn't know as much about his position as you thought.)

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
gently caress IT - SEVEN SEASONS AND TWO MOVIES AND A SPINOFF!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mister Fister posted:

God, there must be a ton of 'Community's over, get over it shitlords :smug:' type posts to reply to. Someone with major aspergers needs to dig those posts up so we can mock them incessantly :smugdog:

I was about to do this and then I reread this thread's reaction to the cancellation and :suicide:

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

I've been in his position before. Sometimes you just want a clean break in life. Maybe he'd go back with time and perspective, but I think the wound is too fresh and Glover too young to even consider it.

What wound? Was it not amicable?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

thexerox123 posted:

(There's already the quote just up the page about him talking about being interested in a potential return, you clearly didn't know as much about his position as you thought.)

WE SHALL SEE :colbert:

(Seriously, there's a difference between a guy expressing genuine interest in a project and a guy not wanting to burn his bridges. You don't write half a dozen pages about how lovely you feel working somewhere to turn around six months later and go "nah, I'm cool, bro.")

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

"I can read Donald Glover's mind even though I don't know him and the only information I have about him is from entertainment blogs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
So dumb question, but i've never herad of 'yahoo screen' before, is that going to be a free service or do we have to pay to watch these new episodes?

• Locked thread