Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I got woke up at 7 this morning because the roofers decided to get here early to beat the heat. My car is completely blocked in by work trucks, including one that is like a semi truck filled with shingles and tiles. I like working from home usually but not when there are 20 people hammering on my roof, and yelling at each other in Spanish.

I can't even go outside for a smoke because they have poo poo leaning against my front and back door and I don't feel like going through the trouble of having them move it. They cannot leave soon enough. I might get a loving hotel room tonight so I dont get awaken and trapped here again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Go buy a small watermelon and a bottle of mid-range vodka. Cut a hole in the top of the watermelon and slowly pour the entire vodka bottle into it (it will take like 5 minutes). Then, plug the hole and put the thing in your refrigerator. Serve tomorrow.

My friends and I made a boozermelon before, but we put way too much alcohol in it and it became basically solid vodka. It was pretty gross.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Okay, uh, I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow which should be fun. I need to decide what I'm bringing. I'll probably be making pasta salad.

bring carrots for the snowmen (canada)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh god we did it. We made it guys.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I am making this post again.

Merk is being a complete rear end, but I agree with this post

merk posted:

You aren't going to persuade anyone to vote someone besides you when you spend your whole time defending yourself instead of pushing who you want to lynch. When you said you gave up on pushing JakeP/capps and instead said you want to show people how right you were when the game ends, I gave up on even having a dialogue with you.

Hal, do you want to die at this point? If not, make a case for someone else and push for it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JakeP posted:

bring carrots for the snowmen (canada)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

My friends and I made a boozermelon before, but we put way too much alcohol in it and it became basically solid vodka. It was pretty gross.

How much is too much? I'm making one this week for July 4. Should I just use like half of a bottle?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

Holy poo poo Hals still alive?

new page

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

merk posted:

new page

we got 7 more hours of Hal being alive ahead of us

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

How much is too much? I'm making one this week for July 4. Should I just use like half of a bottle?

We did it differently, as I recall. We took a half a watermelon and stabbed the flesh full of holes. Then we poured vodka into it until it basically was at saturation. It seriously destroyed all the watermelon flavour and it was like eating solid vodka. I think if we had made melon balls to put into drinks that would have been okay, but eating it straight up wasn't really possible except for like, the alcoholic in our group. Watermelon doesn't really have too strong a flavour so it's easy to overpower.

So I dunno, maybe less alcohol?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal, do you want to die at this point? If not, make a case for someone else and push for it.

I made like 5 cases in that big post but no one responded to any of it except yuming.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-eitsutpOc

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I'm just calling a spade a spade, man.

Yeah man, like I said that was after I was at -2 and I had pretty much just given up. I hope people look at them but what else do I have at this point other than to come back at the end and say at least I was right about these people.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Hal, do you want to die at this point?

Pretty much, yeah.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Am I the only one annoyed that Hal's claim has basically taken over the game and now none of us are looking at anyone else?

As such, I'm dropping a couple of reads. I think PM is town based on the way they switched their vote from me to Capps. If they were scum then I'm pretty sure they'd stick to targeting me whether Capps was scum or not. On the other end of the scale there's Prop. I'm not a fan of how she dropped in the fact she had two powers completely unprompted when the discussion on that had fizzled into jokes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

Okay

##vote Hal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

Fair enough, let's mercy kill

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Okay

##vote Hal

You could have at least commented on some of that stuff from my post other than being sad you were left off you know.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

You could have at least commented on some of that stuff from my post other than being sad you were left off you know.

Yeah, I considered it but didn't have time this morning as I was heading out the door, and didn't want to make another "I'll comment later!" post like I did last night.

Then by the time I'm done with my meeting it seems like you've completely given up. And now I'm about to head to the store, so I again don't really have time.

I will say quickly that I agree that Jake being closed minded is very fishy. He's basically full on turned to shitposting mode.

I have no idea how to read merk like, at all. He's being a jerk but I guess that's how he is usually? I'm not sure. I don't know if I buy the SK redirect.

Capps I don't really see how who is in his masonry really matters, can you explain that more?

Okay I have to go I'll miss my bus, but let's start with that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I have no idea how to read merk like, at all. He's being a jerk but I guess that's how he is usually? I'm not sure. I don't know if I buy the SK redirect.

merk why are there only like 5 people who can read you

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welp I missed my bus so I guess I have half an hour to go over the rest of it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You say close minded, I say I am locked in on the dude who claimed he will flip scum. The fact that he is still alive and this day is still open is crazy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote hal

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You made a bunch of 1-2 sentence cases I won't really go over, but there are two that I want to address.

First is yuming. Not to be mean, but yuming has put forth like zero effort in every game I've ever seen her in. She does weird drive by posts where she goes "Hi, I'm town~, I believe ______, ______ is scum okay back later~ :sun:" but then that's all I see from her all game long.

Second is Rascyc. Rascyc's reasoning of "a cop voted for you, so you must be scum" doesn't really make any sense. When I've played with Rascyc before he's been very aggressive and pressuring of town, but this has been much more laid back and jokey in a way I haven't seen from him. I think you may be onto something there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

You say close minded, I say I am locked in on the dude who claimed he will flip scum. The fact that he is still alive and this day is still open is crazy.

But really why would anyone say that when there are other, less damning options out there.

I can understand the frustration when people won't even engage you in conversation just "lol why aren't you dead yet"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

But really why would anyone say that when there are other, less damning options out there.

I can understand the frustration when people won't even engage you in conversation just "lol why aren't you dead yet"

Don't know, but if he is telling the truth, I literally do not give a poo poo what happens in this game, it will go down with an asterisk in my books.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

Capps I don't really see how who is in his masonry really matters, can you explain that more?

I thought I explained this like twice, but when capps came in to talk about HOW OBVIOUS it was everyone had two roles the people he listed as knowing had two roles were merk, himself, and yuming (because she claimed miller and he assumed there must be more to it). He then added BHB but that reasoning made no sense.

When called out about merk he said merk "had used two roles" already. All we ahd seen from merk was that he has used the same roles twice (the day-investigation thing) and then specifically pointed out how he was paying careful attention to the thread. The only way that makes sense is if he completely misinterpreted merk's own description of his power, or if he knew merk had used a mason recruit on him. Since he was so adamant that he wasn't misinterpreting it we can assume that wasn't it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Hal

Mac, I don't really think the role was that awful and I still love you man, I am sure I just didn't play it right. Maybe claiming out of the gate would have been best, or maybe saying nothing and hoping I didn't get killed would have been best. Or, maybe just pretending to be scum and trying to link myself to everyone I thought was scummy so they would be under suspicion after my flip would have been the pro thing to do, maybe I will try that next time (better not be a next time).

merk/capps/jake gently caress any of you that are town for being so closed minded and not using any critical thinking in this case. Merk if you turn out to be town than I hope in real life you are a defense attorney because I hate to think of all those innocents being incarcerated because of your closemindedness.

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hal Incandenza :byewhore:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hal Incandenza posted:

merk/capps/jake gently caress any of you that are town for being so closed minded and not using any critical thinking in this case. Merk if you turn out to be town than I hope in real life you are a defense attorney because I hate to think of all those innocents being incarcerated because of your closemindedness.

:redhammer:

:lol:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I giggled

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: now what, motherfuckers :ghost:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

An Abandoned Warehouse Just Outside DC- July 6th, 1997, 2:45 AM

"So here's the information you wanted," Kint says to the woman in the shadows, tossing a file onto a crate with his right hand, "The girl you're looking for is in DC right now."

"And thanks for that," replies the woman, "finding her is integral. In fact, we're almost done already. Your help will prove invaluable. Take care, Mr. Kint. Watch the limp."

"That's it?" Kint snarls, "I give you the woman you've been secretly scouring the world for and all I get is 'take care?' While I wouldn't normally do business in person, I took the time to come and talk to you here. Do you know who you're talking to?"

"Of course I do. What, do you want something? Money? Everyone wants money."

"Not me."

"Then what?"

"I want in."

There's a silence in the room as the two figures stare one another.

"You... want in," the woman echoes.

"Corleone is- was strictly small-time. So loyal to his family business that he was blind to your cause. I know what you're up to. I've heard rumblings. I've got connections around the world. Organized crime. I will take your poo poo and turn it into loving gold!"

The woman rubs her eyes and laughs, turning her back on the angry, crippled man. Kint stretches his left hand and balls it into a fist.

"It's nothing personal, Keyser. You're... far too vanilla for our organization. I'm sorry. Have a nice day."

Kint reaches for his gun, but stops short as the woman continues.

"Besides, you've been on the run, Keyser. That customs agent... he almost had you, didn't he? Just a minute more and you'd be rotting in a cell somewhere, wouldn't you? You think we need a loving criminal with your kind of heat? Your lies and fabrications aren't necessary here. Thanks for trying, but you're done here."

"Then that's it? Fine. All of you can go to hell."

Kint raises his gun but the zipping sound makes him drop it. Glass shatters around the two men as FBI agents crash into the room, their tranquilizers trained on Kint. He smiles, falling into unconsciousness.

"Are you all right, ma'am?" asks an agent in a suit, rushing into the room, "gently caress. It's really him, ain't it?"

"'fraid so, Agent Kujan. You've finally got the one that got away. Be happy."

"Well, we gotta hand it to you. We couldn't have done this without your call... what did you say your name was?" Kujan turns to see the woman's face still enveloped in shadow.

"I didn't. Just call me an anonymous tipster. A good Samaritan. You've got your man after all this time, Agent Kujan. Savor the victory."

"But how do you know this motherfucker? Should I be takin' you in, too? Huh? I swear I recognize you from somewhere, anyway."

"Don't lose any sleep over it. You've got your man, Agent. Take your win and go home."

Dave Kujan eyes the woman as she turns to walk away and then looks down at the fallen perp.

"Bag 'im and tag 'im, boys," Kujan grunts, "we finally got ourselves the loving Keyser. Pleasure doing business with you, lady."

"As a friend taught me recently, there is no pleasure, just business," the woman laughs, walking out of the warehouse clutching a file in her hand, "it's all just business."

Hal Incandenza aka Roger "Verbal" Kint, scum-aligned, has been eliminated Day 2.

It is now night 2. You have 24 hours to get in night actions. Please be as prompt as possible!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 10th, 1997 8:00 AM

A week removed from the murder of the President and Washington still seems to be in a state of panic. There was the incident back on the sixth where a man was thrown from a moving plane. They never did find his body. There was also the gruesome murder of an investment banker, tortured and killed in an abandoned home on the outskirts of the city.

The big news, of course, was the apprehension of a murderer. While he had been seen killing Corleone in broad daylight, John Rambo had been killed apparently attempting another murder on a DC power-player. Authorities are even questioning if the old soldier had a hand in killing the President.

"A framejob," Dr. J mutters.

"Are you any closer to the truth, then?" his assistant asks.

"Not quite, Wan Li. However, I fear the closer we get the more treacherous the path."

mr.capps has been ejected from the game. He did not flip.

Jamuraan aka Johnny, town-aligned, has been killed Night 2.

Barehanded Brother aka John Rambo, town-aligned, has been killed Night 2.

It is now Day 3. With 17 alive, it is 9 votes to lynch. Day ends at 11:00 PM EST on Thursday or whenever consensus is met.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 1, 2014

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (17): Asiina, Big Nothing, CCKeane, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, JakeP, Jamuraan, merk, Pinterest Mom, Propaganda Machine, Puntification, Rarity, Rascyc, tearshed, Tremendous Taste, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 03rd, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What movie is Johnny from?

...I have no idea what to make of that capps thing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

What movie is Johnny from?

...I have no idea what to make of that capps thing.

From the Room omg

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats who he looks like anyway

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

From the Room omg

From the what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking of Tommy Wiseau from The Room (if you haven't seen it and you like watching terrible things you should see it)

Tommy isn't Johnny though.

• Locked thread