Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I don't think that clears Hal at all. Not saying it makes him scum. But he'd absolutely say something like that about someone who almost got voted out, even if they're both scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Jedit posted:

I'm liking Hal for Town because of this post. Normally I don't like turbos, but if he were scum and knew Ixt was scum I don't think he would have started a second push after his team managed to dodge the first one.

This is absolutely awful. If he was on the scum team then bussing his buddy would be the easiest way to score potential pro-town posts if people were going to go back and look at his history.

quote:

We had two NKs. That means two scum teams, a vig or an SK - probably. I shan't ask anyone to claim, but if anyone's a bad guy it's apostate. Claiming to be Skurge the loving Executioner, AKA "The Evil One"? If I hadn't gone to bed after voting I'd have switched my vote for that.

I'm assuming that it's either vig or 3p. Two scum teams for this size of game doesn't seem particularly likely in my opinion.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jedit posted:

Interesting. Ixt wasn't really in any danger, because he was at -3 instead of -2, but he actually was scum.

I'm liking Hal for Town because of this post. Normally I don't like turbos, but if he were scum and knew Ixt was scum I don't think he would have started a second push after his team managed to dodge the first one.

We had two NKs. That means two scum teams, a vig or an SK - probably. I shan't ask anyone to claim, but if anyone's a bad guy it's apostate. Claiming to be Skurge the loving Executioner, AKA "The Evil One"? If I hadn't gone to bed after voting I'd have switched my vote for that.

##vote apostateCourier

Yes, this is a flavour vote. But flavour does seem to have a strong correlation to role in this game: the Enchantress beguiles people into loving her, hence Loved, and Fandral is one of the Warriors Three - his mason buddies are presumably Hogun and Volstagg. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest the guy who just claimed to be a psychopathic killer and the former lover of our dead scum is perhaps not on the side of light.

This is really weak, even from a flavor perspective. If you'll remember, Skurge redeemed himself and earned his place in Valhalla.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

:ghost: I was going to try to post today :( :ghost:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

apostateCourier posted:

This is really weak, even from a flavor perspective. If you'll remember, Skurge redeemed himself and earned his place in Valhalla.

Nah, he went to Hel.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Hurt posted:

Nah, he went to Hel.

Not the whole story.

Wikipedia posted:

Eventually, he joined the heroes of Asgard in a mission to Hel, where he sacrificed his axe to destroy Naglfar, the ship of the dead, and delay Ragnarok, and sacrificed his life to hold the bridge at Gjallerbru so the heroes could escape the forces of Hel. After a time trapped in Hel, he joined the honored dead in Valhalla.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dr. Hurt posted:

This is absolutely awful. If he was on the scum team then bussing his buddy would be the easiest way to score potential pro-town posts if people were going to go back and look at his history.

I disagree. We got literally nothing out of Day 1, no case on anyone including Ixtlilton. The only thing we have to work with is who voted for him, and that can't be interpreted without the flip. There's no sense I can see in scum bussing Ixt and giving us that information when they could say nothing and let it slide without appearing scummy in the slightest.

quote:

I'm assuming that it's either vig or 3p. Two scum teams for this size of game doesn't seem particularly likely in my opinion.

This I agree with, though. I mainly raised the possibility of a second scum team for the sake of completeness.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jedit posted:

I disagree. We got literally nothing out of Day 1, no case on anyone including Ixtlilton. The only thing we have to work with is who voted for him, and that can't be interpreted without the flip. There's no sense I can see in scum bussing Ixt and giving us that information when they could say nothing and let it slide without appearing scummy in the slightest.

This I agree with, though. I mainly raised the possibility of a second scum team for the sake of completeness.

I feel like it would have been different if there had been another candidate at the time, but there was just a huge part of the game who wasn't voting at all. So it is easy to hide in that vast sea of apathy.

In other news, I think MMM is scum. MMM, capps and I are unconfirmed masons, well were in capps' case. So I think it is likely that MMM is scum based on that now that a town capps flipped.

The total of our mason conversation so far was MMM PMing me asking if we should talk at some point and me saying probably. So entirely worthless on all sides.

##vote MMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I feel like it would have been different if there had been another candidate at the time, but there was just a huge part of the game who wasn't voting at all. So it is easy to hide in that vast sea of apathy.

In other news, I think MMM is scum. MMM, capps and I are unconfirmed masons, well were in capps' case. So I think it is likely that MMM is scum based on that now that a town capps flipped.

The total of our mason conversation so far was MMM PMing me asking if we should talk at some point and me saying probably. So entirely worthless on all sides.

##vote MMM

Is your case entirely that a three-person masonry must have a scum in it?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is your case entirely that a three-person masonry must have a scum in it?

Yes, quality case, right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Yes, quality case, right?

Umm... yes very convincing. Someone else was talking about MMM too, I really need to remember what was happening in this game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Umm... yes very convincing. Someone else was talking about MMM too, I really need to remember what was happening in this game.

Shouldn't take you long to remember; the answer is "nothing". I don't think half the players in the game have posted since Friday.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Started from the bottom now we're here

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Anyone going to claim the Ix kill?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'm here and I, too, don't know what is going on. I want to hear MMMs story before I put my vote anywhere.

Grandicap, why did you out your buddy now? In case he kills you next? If he isn't scum, how do you think that would make you look?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Juanito posted:

Started from the bottom now we're here

We all float down here.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'm going to post more now.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'd probably vote Grandi, he's put in the most effort, seems like something scum would do.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
It's more then the fact that he posted, it's that he posted and voted.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Jedit posted:

Day one is a bit of a null tell. There was the whole collapse and then everyone was just absent at deadline. Turbos happen day 1. Jokes happen day 1, especially on such a nonday as that. I feel like you're just getting way too much of a conclusion from a single post.

Grandi give me one good reason we should go gung-ho on MMM besides you being in a masonry with him. By your logic there is a chance that you are the scum so I guess we should vote you to test your logic?

By the way MMM, are you in a masonry with Grandi? I'm assuming you are since nobody else has really come out and countered that claim.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

Grandi give me one good reason we should go gung-ho on MMM besides you being in a masonry with him. By your logic there is a chance that you are the scum so I guess we should vote you to test your logic?

Me first, him first, whatever. I think that he is the scum. I know I am not the scum.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

It's more then the fact that he posted, it's that he posted and voted.

I don't know what this means.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jamuraan posted:

I'm here and I, too, don't know what is going on. I want to hear MMMs story before I put my vote anywhere.

Grandicap, why did you out your buddy now? In case he kills you next? If he isn't scum, how do you think that would make you look?

There is no story. We've had little contact, but in a 3 man unconfirmed masonry there is probably a non town entity.
If he isn't scum, I fully expect to be voted off next, while that would be a bad thing, because I am town, I don't disagree with the logic of it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like people aren't posting but the counter is broken. If I keep feeling this way I'll have to do a manual count, and if I do that I'll probably be super grouchy and kill a bunch of people. FYI.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Me first, him first, whatever. I think that he is the scum. I know I am not the scum.

Grandi I just feel like this is a really weird position for you to take. I can't believe that you think it's a good idea to just vote someone off because "there probably aren't three town in an unconfirmed masonry". What the hell?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Late late contentless vote when a no-lynch was practically guaranteed? Do not like.

wins32767 posted:

Anyone going to claim the Ix kill?

Do not like this either. If the person who killed Ix wanted to claim they would. They don't need you to prod them. Also why would you want someone to claim? So scum can go after them? Scum LIKE YOU?

You've also been super quiet for you this game. D1 is usually right in your wheelhouse.

##vote wins32767

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Would probably also vote Grandi. He was trying to push people off Ix yesterday and all his huffiness about no one being around at deadline was a little much. Now he wants to lynch MMM on the basis of being in a masonry. He's better than that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hurt is town

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I feel like people aren't posting but the counter is broken. If I keep feeling this way I'll have to do a manual count, and if I do that I'll probably be super grouchy and kill a bunch of people. FYI.

I woke up this morning to fewer new posts than there are surviving players, and all bar two of those posts were made by three people.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry about the lack of posting. Got caught up in post-SGDQ drama bombs.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Late late contentless vote when a no-lynch was practically guaranteed? Do not like.

Do not like this either. If the person who killed Ix wanted to claim they would. They don't need you to prod them. Also why would you want someone to claim? So scum can go after them? Scum LIKE YOU?

You've also been super quiet for you this game. D1 is usually right in your wheelhouse.

##vote wins32767

This post has merit, though I don't like the first part about it. I'm not drawing any conclusions based on day one. I definitely agree with the latter bit, it felt like rolefishing.

Grandicap posted:

There is no story. We've had little contact, but in a 3 man unconfirmed masonry there is probably a non town entity.
If he isn't scum, I fully expect to be voted off next, while that would be a bad thing, because I am town, I don't disagree with the logic of it.

Every time I say something like "because I am town" I get lynched, so clearly that must be a scummy phrase.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

It's explictly rolefishing. I'm trying to determine if we have a town vig or a second scum team or an SK. Since no town player claimed, I'm going to assume it's one of the latter two.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Grandicap posted:

I don't know what this means.
It was mostly the fact that, it wasn't bad that you showed up and made a case. But that you make a case and immediately throw a vote on someone. It doesn't feel as sincere of an effort.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

It was mostly the fact that, it wasn't bad that you showed up and made a case. But that you make a case and immediately throw a vote on someone. It doesn't feel as sincere of an effort.

I'm not sure I follow. Voting along with an argument can help give said argument a sense of urgency. I've never heard of someone being called out for voting for someone they made a case on before.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

apostateCourier posted:

I'm not sure I follow. Voting along with an argument can help give said argument a sense of urgency. I've never heard of someone being called out for voting for someone they made a case on before.
Okay, so the single person with a sense of urgency in a game where over half of the game hasn't posted, you think it is town, I don't really think so.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Juanito posted:

Okay, so the single person with a sense of urgency in a game where over half of the game hasn't posted, you think it is town, I don't really think so.

Urgency might not have been the right word. Aside, the forums dying didn't do this game any favors.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

What?

A late late contentless vote on the vote leader is exactly what I expect when a no-lynch is likely. It's better to place the vote than not!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

What?

A late late contentless vote on the vote leader is exactly what I expect when a no-lynch is likely. It's better to place the vote than not!

In a vacuum, perhaps. Putting someone at what... -4 with less than 5 minutes to go smacks of just showing up to have a vote down on a scumbro in case he flips later.

Case in point... wins own recent NYC 1783 game when Pander correctly called me out for doing something very similar with my scumbro merk. Given wins complete lack of reads D1 (again, a time when he usually shines) and him waving it off with "all you guys are talking about comics" just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

wins32767 posted:

It's explictly rolefishing. I'm trying to determine if we have a town vig or a second scum team or an SK. Since no town player claimed, I'm going to assume it's one of the latter two.

Still don't like this. Town vig doesn't have a whole lot to gain by claiming after N1. They are guaranteed town (or at least not-scum) so claiming is an instant target on their back. Maybe not a big deal if they were just 1-shot vig, but a multi-vig or JOAT or anything else might not want to be an obvious target for the scum going forward.

If there are really 2 scum teams (highly unlikely in a 15 person game, the only people I can see asking this are scum on a really small team) or a SK those things will be readily apparent soon if we keep having multiple kills.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I have role based information that indicates that there are a plethora of killing roles. I'm trying to find out what is what.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hmm.

If there's a lot of killing, you maybe might expect that some people might be able to come back to life? Gods + comic book universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hmm.

If there's a lot of killing, you maybe might expect that some people might be able to come back to life? Gods + comic book universe.

Normally I'd say this is crazy but it IS an opop game so I don't know what to think.

• Locked thread