Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vapoursquid

none other
hey everyone, friendly neighborhood poster vapoursquid here

i've dusted off the ol' steam inventory and reinstalled X-COM: UFO Defense a very very good game. i think someone's already done an xcom lets play in byob? but i'm nothing if not unoriginal and that was the new one and i hate new things + seriously the old one is better i mean just look at this:

seriously there's no way to improve this game its already perfect

so if you want to be a foot soldier who will eventually be horribly murdered by alien beings much stronger and smarter than you please just post itt there'll be about 8ish guys in the squad but there's a lot of dying in this game so the turnover is p high

we'll also need to decide where to place our first top secret underground base where we do all our science and generally chill between missions. plz post suggestions for cool base locations and i'll pick the location i think is the best for a byob secret base. it can really be anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Put me in, coach. I'm ready to die today!

google THIS

yeah i want to kill/be killed by aliens too, i keep missing out on these things

HiipFire

JENNY DEATH LIVES
eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I'm in. Let's do it.

nvm no cake

do me do me

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Base us in the DC wasteland.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
IN IT

Diqnol

I'm armed and hell, i'm ready to kill stuff.

heard u like girls

postin to save earf

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

please put me on the front lines and let me die a hero's death (by throwing a grenade onto myself)

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Humans Among Us posted:

postin to save earf

clearly an alien spy

heard u like girls

Awesome! posted:

clearly an alien spy

might be helpful tho when i friendly fire some aliens

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
name: Sgt Spunk

also, make base in guelph, ontario please

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

raises hand

vapoursquid

none other
the year is 1999, and the earth is under attack! aliens have out of the blue began to raid our defenseless blue marble. mutilating cattle, killing civilians, probing butts :tutbutt:

something must be done! the most powerful nations of the world have come together to find a solution to this terror. but they cannot find anyone stupid enough to be willing to fight this enemy which clearly outguns anything humanity can throw up against them. in their desperation they have come to you, BYOB, and asked you to fight the alien menace. you guys being the dumbfucks you are said yes and now its your job to save the planet any way possible

seriously though the byob uniform is weird as all gently caress jfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0Cm3N_n6k

here's the intro video which is loving rad

:getin:

apparently all of the top diplomats of the world have the same lovely haircut idk this seems p sketchy for an international summit
what's important though is they've handed you a briefcase with a shitton of :10bux: $6 million to be exact. seems like they could've scraped up a little more for the ppl who are supposed to be saving the world but whatever

be careful though if these guys feel like we're not doing a good job they'll slash our funding or maybe withdraw from the program alltogether, the flipside being that if they're happy they might be a bit more generous with the dough

i've decided the logical place for a byob base is the chillest place on earth: Antarctica it might not be close to anything important or worth protecting but its a helluva a place to hang out with your posting pals before your imminent death

this is it: home sweet home for the yobsquad, as you can see we've got two interceptors for shooting down ufo's as well as a skyranger to bring the squad to combat. there's a laboratory where the science team will be doing some mad science on poo poo we find and a workshop where we can macgyver some crazy gadgets together

also a radar so we can actually see where the gently caress these ufo things are and some closetspace for all your guys' poo poo + the super cool yobsquad dorms where you guys smoke weed and play video games when you aren't having your heads blown off

seems like we've got a pretty good setup here now all we have to do is wait for some aliens to show up so we can get to work

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
cant we just seal the doors and chill till death

heard u like girls

lol

Looke

heard u like girls

game is probably gonna be 100% terror from the deep, being surrounded on all sides with vast masses of water and not much else. Is there even ice grafix in OG UFO ??

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

lookin chill feelin chill at BYOBase-Alpha

Afro Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Bukowski

hammulder
*farts in the skyranger then panics*

vapoursquid

none other

the fine soldiers of yobsquad

i've got 2 more guys + a tank on the way + some stun rods so we can catch us some live aliens to show off to our friends

things seem p relaxed on our first day-

well that was actually p fast lets bring this motherfucker down

we send out Interceptor-1 to shoot this guy into the ice

lol i kinda took too long taking screenshots instead of actually shooting at the ufo

it starts to outrun me

somehow the ufo turns around and flies past our interceptor without being well intercepted in anyway and heads north

no no no come back

welp we finally ran out of fuel and the ufo got away going north over the Himalayas

first chance byob has to stop an alien incursion and the aliens completely fly past us without us being able to fire a shot :doh:

not really proud of how this turned out lol

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

vapoursquid posted:

not really proud of how this turned out lol
:rznv::hf::byob1:

arnie was obv flying the plane

heard u like girls

Suprised noone died

SIDS Vicious

oh man did not know what this thread was about, totally want in, please name someone Sid or Iggy Koopa, one of those, not oil can boyd though, thank you

vapoursquid

none other

the yobsquad @ full capacity

the science dudes tell us apparently we can make lasers and poo poo which i think is p cool don't you?

my baby finally arives at our base

ok lets try not to gently caress this one up

we send out arnie in the interceptor

we close for the kill..

and the fucker gets away again! (jfc arnie who let you pilot these things)

but we catch up and finally shoot a ufo down

now comes the hard part. soldiers plz ready yourself for your likely death

SIDS Vicious

i didnt make it in time, im so sad

vapoursquid

none other

Oil Can Boyd posted:

i didnt make it in time, im so sad

there'll be room in about 20 minutes sid

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

gently caress yeah! gonna die

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Trail by fire for recruits man. Just give em' a pistol and see if they make it out of the meat grinder

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

Lol if this isn't photoshopped. Look at the left guy's head!

Also I want to be a soldier after someone else dies a bloody death. :)

heard u like girls

gona get killed steppin out of the carrier

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Lol if this isn't photoshopped. Look at the left guy's head!
highly advanced self preservation technique. pulling your head in like a turtle prevents you from getting it blown off by alien lasers!

i am he

i want to game

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont wanna die

heard u like girls

I dont think we were ever shown a equip screen so id guess were all unarmed and shielding the tank from enemy zaps as its the only thing that can actually kill anything..

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
at least im not dead yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

stand behind me and use me as a shield after I bite it

• Locked thread