Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

You know what? IndyCar needs to have an outside marketing firm deal with non-IMS related events.

Like seriously, enough of this poo poo.

Everyone reading this knows that's the problem. You can't get people to show up when you're racing on a third tier tv channel. You can't get people to show up when people clearly have no clue you're racing that weekend.

You, flat out have a better product than NASCAR. Period. Across the board.

There should be no excuse as to why they should be kicking your rear end in terms of tv ratings, and attendance. None.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
You'd think after decades of the lax attendance of the June NASCAR races that Pocono would try and schedule a race in a sparsely populated area at some other time than right up against a holiday.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Clearly we need more ovals

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Mitch Robinson @MitchRobinson_
Pocono starting to sound like Loudon 2.0 for IndyCar. Haven't heard a peep of promo this year....1/2

Mitch Robinson @MitchRobinson_
2/2....Now they're surprised at lower ticket sales and want to jump ship on future events

Conspiracy theory time?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cygni posted:

I think we can all agree that this is kidc's fault alone.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

There should be no excuse as to why they should be kicking your rear end in terms of tv ratings, and attendance. None.

There's that whole "sucked during the NASCAR boom period" thing I guess

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Coincidentally there is a job opening at IndyCar corporate for a Senior Director of Marketing

I may be completing my 4th week of my new job, but I think I'll apply for this job. I know for a fact just about everyone in this thread could do a better job than everyone at IndyCar Corporate.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

KingShibby posted:

Coincidentally there is a job opening at IndyCar corporate for a Senior Director of Marketing

I may be completing my 4th week of my new job, but I think I'll apply for this job. I know for a fact just about everyone in this thread could do a better job than everyone at IndyCar Corporate.

Don't be an rear end in a top hat and let Fuzzy have a whack at it first.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dan Gelston @APgelston
Pocono Raceway prez Brandon Igdalsky says future of IndyCar at track in jeopardy because of a dramatic attendance drop for Sunday's race.

Dan Gelston @APgelston
Pocono's Igdalsky says ticket sales "were kind of scary" compared to last year. He wouldn't guarantee #IndyCar will race at Pocono in 2015.

Dan Gelston @APgelston
Pocono CEO Brandon Igdalsky plans to talk to IndyCar CEO Mark Miles this wkd about possibly dumping the final year of the contract.

So yeah if you're on the fence about seeing IndyCar at Pocono...better do it this year.

This loving sucks.

lol

FuzzySkinner posted:

You know what? IndyCar needs to have an outside marketing firm deal with non-IMS related events.

Like seriously, enough of this poo poo.

Everyone reading this knows that's the problem. You can't get people to show up when you're racing on a third tier tv channel. You can't get people to show up when people clearly have no clue you're racing that weekend.

You, flat out have a better product than NASCAR. Period. Across the board.

wait I thought Indy didn't need ratings, they get good attendance and are breaking even!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

lol

wait I thought Indy didn't need ratings, they get good attendance and are breaking even!

NASCAR loving sucks and is destroying your form of racing as well.

quit trolling and gently caress off with that poo poo.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I think NASCAR is on a miession to destroy every form of racing that is not their own in the states.

Their actions and finical model make that very, very, very clear.

Brian France is a scumbag, and I look forward to the day when that piece of poo poo sells off all of his assets.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

Which is why a track having bad attendance is a problem let me know if you need further information!!!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Make the entire schedule Pocono.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

lol

Sounds like the people have spoken. They prefer to watch Indycars on road and street circuits.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gret posted:

Sounds like the people have spoken. They prefer to watch Indycars on road and street circuits.

It's Almost as if this has been the case for nearly 30 years!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

gret posted:

animeliker posted:

It's Almost as if this has been the case for nearly 30 years!

Two High Quality posts back to back!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think NASCAR is on a miession to destroy every form of racing that is not their own in the states.

Their actions and finical model make that very, very, very clear.

Brian France is a scumbag, and I look forward to the day when that piece of poo poo sells off all of his assets.

Holy lol man

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KingShibby posted:

:colbert:

Just sell the series to Michael already, let ASM handle it.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Guys

GUYS

It's a transition year.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

gret posted:

not on TV though!

it's almost as if oval fans have abandoned the series and don't even support the ovals anymore

FuzzySkinner posted:

NASCAR loving sucks and is destroying your form of racing as well.

quit trolling and gently caress off with that poo poo.

sprint cars are pretty healthy actually, dunno what NASCAR has to do with them

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

viking stop trolling, fuzzy is gonna have a breakdown

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

kidcoelacanth posted:

Holy lol man

This is from the same guy who said Ron Dennis conspired with the FIA to make his team lose to intentionally sabotage CART and Michael Andretti's career.

I love all his posts.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

IOwnCalculus posted:

:colbert:

Just sell the series to Michael already, let ASM handle it.

A quality opinion.

Honestly I feel there needs to be two areas.

You need to Hulman and Co. handle marketing the 500, Indy GP and everything else related to that.

You need to have ASM, and JMI take over everything else outside of that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

viking stop trolling, fuzzy is gonna have a breakdown

how the gently caress am I trolling, it's my opinion and I've been consistent with it for years

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
with Ford laughing at the series, GM going through what is going to end up being literal Hell for them, and now one of the Triple Crown races failing in its second year, I don't understand how this thread isn't panicking

Indy has a LOT of things going against it atm

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

with Ford laughing at the series, GM going through what is going to end up being literal Hell for them, and now one of the Triple Crown races failing in its second year, I don't understand how this thread isn't panicking

Indy has a LOT of things going against it atm

Our "Competition" isn't exactly thriving right now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Our "Competition" isn't exactly thriving right now.

you keep throwing this out there as if they aren't kicking the poo poo out of Indycar

it's not an insult man, it just makes Indycar look worse

"heh those guys are shithouse and outdraw us in every possible way :smug:"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The IRL needs to go back to being an all-oval series, as it was in it's most successful period, 1996-2004.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
a second split isn't out of the question, because the Hulman's aren't going away and sooner or later the owners are going to get fed up with the way things are

e- bring back USAC

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yes we get it Viking, you hate IndyCar and want it to fail, you've made that abundantly clear to everyone a hundred times over by now. Kindly gently caress off and go back to masturbating to Kyle Busch's meaningless wins, tia.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Here, I'll cheer Fuzzy up.

Kentucky TV Ratings: The NASCAR Sprint Cup race from Kentucky earned a 2.3 U.S. rating and 3.6 million viewers on TNT Saturday night, down 12% in ratings and 10% in viewership from last year (2.6, 4.0M), down 8% in both measures from 2012 (2.5, 3.9M), and easily the lowest rated and least-viewed edition of the race (dates back to 2011). The 2.3 rating is the lowest for any regular Sprint Cup telecast since September 2012, when Loudon and Dover earned a 2.2 in back-to-back weeks. Saturday's race was just the latest NASCAR telecast to suffer a decline in ratings and viewership. Of the 15 Sprint Cup races that can be compared to last year (excludes two rainouts), 14 have had declines in ratings and 12 have had declines in viewership. For the week, NASCAR on TNT ranked as the 14th-most watched program on cable.(Sports Media Watch / Bloomberg / TV By the Numbers).(7-2-2014)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cannot Find Server posted:

Yes we get it Viking, you hate IndyCar and want it to fail, you've made that abundantly clear to everyone a hundred times over by now. Kindly gently caress off and go back to masturbating to Kyle Busch's meaningless wins, tia.

He hates CART namely.

VikingSkull posted:

e- bring back USAC

It still exists.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anyway, motorsport is dying in the United States. Looks like I shall be moving to Europe.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
#1. the Kyle win count thing is me trolling, everyone knows I'm a Smoke fan

#2. I've stated repeatedly that I want Indy to succeed, I just have a differing opinion than this thread does on how to get to that point

#3. If you guys like posting in an echo chamber, have at it, maybe I should just give up on it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Indycar would succeed if it raced on the ocean. Think about it. Breaking new ground, here.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Indy car should just integrate as another class into TUSC. Then they can all run the oval together and have almost 30 cars on track.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

maybe I should just give up on it
god yes please

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

A quality opinion.

Honestly I feel there needs to be two areas.

You need to Hulman and Co. handle marketing the 500, Indy GP and everything else related to that.

You need to have ASM, and JMI take over everything else outside of that.
Honestly, I feel that none of those groups should have ANYTHING to do with AOWR management going forward.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol I hope the Hulmans die off of genetic diseases, the inbred fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I'm just glad I picked a great time to become a fan of motorsports.

• Locked thread