Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Sadly, the time I was going to spend getting familiar with the F-16 I spent fiddling with curves and calibration offsets after noticing I couldn't look down at my side consoles.

Optics! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
BMS starts in one hour. Time to beat those Koreans again like they are step kids who owe us money!

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
Can't make it tonight due to family commitments, but Have fun! I'll be back Sunday.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

Can't make it tonight due to family commitments, but Have fun!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
BMS is rolling.

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008
Soon I will be joining the shenanigans. And Amazon backordered my warthog the fuckers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Downed 2 23's and a 29A. Man I'm rusty as gently caress after just a week out of play.

Sorry I had to duck out guys, cleaning etc called. Good luck on the 2nd BARCAP!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Tonight's flight are done. DPRK lost a lot of planes, we only lost a couple.

Time is 0400 on the third day.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
At night with NVGs and in a tight turning fight with a Mig-23, the Imjin River looks a lot like the sky. A half starved North Korean pilot in an obsolete piece of poo poo got a maneuvering kill on me.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

DSauer posted:

At night with NVGs and in a tight turning fight with a Mig-23, the Imjin River looks a lot like the sky. A half starved North Korean pilot in an obsolete piece of poo poo got a maneuvering kill on me.
code:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,,::::,:,:,:,,,,::,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,~?II7$7ZZ$7777$7I+===::::::,::::,,,,,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,:,=ZZOOZOZOZZ$ZZ$Z$$$Z$7$77I?~::::::::::,,::,:,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,::++$$OOZOOOOOZOZ$$7$$IZ7Z$7II$Z77I?=:::,:,::,::,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,,,:~7ZZOZZZZOOOOZ$O$ZZZOZZZZZZZZ$$$$$$Z$7+:::::::::,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:+$OOOZZZOZOOOOZO$ZOOOOOOOOOOZOOZZO$$$Z$7?::::::,,,:,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,=7OZOOZOOOOO8888OOO8O8O888888OOOO8OO8Z$Z$Z$::::::,,::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,~$OOOOO8OO88888888888888888888O888888OOOOOOZI:::::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,?7ZOOOOO8O88O88888888OOOOO88O88O8888888OOOOZZZ?,:::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,:$ZOOOOO8O88OOOZ$777III?????+??I7$Z8888888OOOZZ$$::::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?OZOOO8888OZ7II??++===============++IZD88888Z$ZZZ,:::::,:,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8ZOZOO8O8Z$7I?+++=====~~~~~~~~~~~~===+IO8D8OZOOO8,:::::,:,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:ZOOOZOOO$7I??+++=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~===+?Z8888O8OO::::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,$ZZOZOO$II??++===~~~:~~~~~~~~:::~~~~~===?7O8OOZOOO:::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OOOOOO$I?++++====~~~~~~~~~:~::~~::~~~~~~=+$8OOOO8D:::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:OOOOOZI??+++======~~~~~~~~~:::::~~~~~~~~~~?$8O888Z:::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ZOOOO$I?++===~~~~~:::~~~~~~::::::::~~~~~~~=IO8888?:::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,::,?OOOZ7??+===~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:::::::~~~=+$888O,::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:OOO$I?+++?7$ZZZZ$7+=~~~~~=+?$ZZ$7II?:~~~==+7Z88O::::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,O8O$I?++?77??++?7$7I+=~~=+I77?++==+??=~~==+7O88Z:::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?8O$I???II??++++~+II?+=~=++?++I?===+++====+IZ88~:::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.ZO7I??IIII$ZO88Z7?I?+~~~=I7O8D8Z$7?+?====+7ODZ:::::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,?+Z$I++?I7ZZ$7OO?IZI?+~:~==7IO8=I7Z7?+=~~=+7O?+=::::::,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,777ZI?++=????I???+=+?+~:~~~~?I?++===~~~~~=?ZI???::::::,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,II7ZI?++===+++++=~=+?+~::~~~~+?===~~~~~~=+?$++?+:::::::,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,+?I7I?++==~====~~==??+~:~~~~~:~~~~~~~~~==+I7+++=:::::::::,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,??7II?++====~~~~=I?I=~:~~==~:~~~~~~~~==+?I7?=+:::::::::,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,:,,,,,:+I7II??+++==~~~=I?=??=~~::?+~~~~~~~===+??I???=::::::::::::,:,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,+IIII??++==~~=+IIZZ$7IZZI?I+=~~~~===+++?I+==:::::::::::,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:=?III??+++===+++I7I??==+=~+?+=~~=====++??===:::::::::::::,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,,,,,++7I???++===+===+===~~~~~~=+=========+++~=:::::::::::::::::,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,::,,::77II???+++=+=======~=~~~~===+========+?I==::::::::::::::::::,
,,,,,,,,,::,:::::::,:7II???+++++?I7$$7II77I+===========++?:,::::::::::::::::::,,
,,,,,,,,,::::::,:::::I7II???+++?I?I7?+===+?+?7?+===++=+++?:::::::::::::::::::::,
,,,,:,,,,,:::::::::,:~77III??++???77II????++++?+==+++++??I:::::::::::::::::::::,
,,,,:,,,,,:::::::::::,$77II7I?????III77III?++???????++??I~::::::::::::::::::::,,
,,,,:::,,,:::::::::::,=$$77777II?++============???????III::::::::::::::::::::::,
,,,,,,,,,,::::::::,::,:$$$$$$$77I?+==+++==~==++?II?IIIII~:::::::::::::::::::::,,
,,,,,,,,,,:::::::::,::.OZZZZZ$$$7IIII?I??++++??I7777777I~:::::::::::::::::::::,,
,,,:,::,:,,,:::,,:,,:,8888ZZZ$ZZZ$$$777777III77777I777?+O.:::::::::::::::::::,,,
,,,,,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:88888OZZZ$ZZZZZZ$Z$$$77IIIIIIIII?8OZ:::::::::::::::::::,,,
,,,,,,,,,:,,,,,,,,,,.OO8888888OZZZZZZ$$$$77777IIIII??~OOOZ.:::::::::::::::::,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,?O88OO888888888DZ$ZZZZZ$$$$$777II?++DO8OOOZ:::::::::::::::,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,:$888888888O888888888888?$$$$$$$$77II?+=:ZOOOOOOZOOZ$~,:::::::::,,,,,,
,,,:+Z888D8D888888888888888888888888D+IIIIIII??+,ZOOO8OOOOOOOOOOOZO$+,:,:,,,,,,,
OZ8888888888888888888888888888888888888+I???++:DOOOOOOOOOOOOZOOOOOOOZOZZ7+,,,,,,
OOO88888888D88888888888888888888888888888D.I?DOOOOOOOOOOOOZZOOOOOOOOOOZOZZZ$7?=,
O8O8888888888888888888888O8888888888888888OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO8OOZZOOOOOOOOZZZZZZ$$$
O88O8888888O888O88888888888888888888888888O8DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZ$$
O8OO88888888888888OOO888O888O88888888888888DD8OOZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZOOOOOZZZZZZZZ
OO8888888888888888888OOOOOOO8O8O8O888O8OOODDDDZZZZOZZOOZOOOOOOOOZOOOOOZOOZZZOZZZ
OOOO8O888888888OOOO8OOOOOOOOOO8888O8OOOOOO8O8DDOOZZZZOZOOOOOOZZOOZOOOOOZOZOZZZZZ
OO888O888O88888OOOOOOOO8OOOOOO8888OOOOOOO88Z88DDOZZZOZZOZZOZZOOOOOZZOZZZZZOZOZZZ
OOO8OOOOOO8888O8OOOO8OOOOOOOOOOOODOOOOOOOOOOOO888OZZOZOZZZZOZZOZOOZOOOZZOZZZZZZZ
OOOOOO8O8888888OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO88OOO88ZOOOOO888OZZZOOOOZOZZZOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OO8O8O8O8888888OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZOZOOZOZOZZZZZZZOOZOZZZZZZZZZ
O8888O8888888O8OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO8OOOOOOZZOZZOOOZOOZZZZZZOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OOOOOOOOO8OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO8OOOOOOZZOOOZOOOOZZZOZZZZZOZZZZZZZZZZZZ
O8O88O8OOO8888OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZOOOOZOOOOZOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ$ZZ
O8888OO8OO8O8OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
888O8OOOOOO888OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO8OOOOOZOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
88OOOOOO8OO88OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZOZOZZOZZZZZZZZZZZOZZZZZ$$ZZZ$ZZZ
OOOOOZOOOOOO8OOOOOOOOOZOOOOOOZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZ$$OOOOZZZZZZZZ
Glorious

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008
^^^ I'm loving in stitches from laughing

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

Dandywalken posted:

Downed 2 23's and a 29A. Man I'm rusty as gently caress after just a week out of play.

Sorry I had to duck out guys, cleaning etc called. Good luck on the 2nd BARCAP!

Got 2 23s and damaged another 2 aircraft on my first session in BMS. Only got shot down twice!

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't know poo poo about BMS, how is it compared to DCS?

Jiblet
Jan 5, 2004

Limey Bastard

Chuck Tanner posted:

Yeah, it's good...

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Chuck Tanner posted:

Can you fly an A10C in DCS?

It is like that. Plus better campaign. This is a simple answer.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I've just about got the hang of DCS: A-10C. I can drop anything and blow poo poo up, take off, land, tell the tower to give me MORE GBU-12S, because those goddamn dirty reds arent going to kill themselves. The only poo poo I'm not getting a good grasp on is communications.

I can set up my UHF and VHF channels, and I've got Mic buttons bound to talk to everyone, but I'm not quite sure I understand how to tell the F-16s hovering over the battlefield to actually do something. Or how to tell my wingman to not die.

So far that has worked out fine since I can just land, reload, and go gently caress some more poo poo up. But I'm guessing eventually I'll have to deal with very long range SAMs and need to send dedicated SEAD planes in to take care of them.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
DCS is like that really hot guy with a great body who's never had sex before, so he doesn't know what to do with his hands and blows his load in ten seconds so the fun ends quickly.

BMS is a guy who's been having sex for fifteen years and knows a million ways to surprise you and keep it fresh in the bedroom. But he's not very good looking and sometimes looses consciousness for no reason.

DCS is a pretty good looking game but the static packaged missions are fun once and you eventually run out of them. The dynamic campaign engine in Falcon is it's killer feature. Every game progresses differently; every mission proceeds differently; and you can watch this massive war going on all around you and you're just one dude stuck in it.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

DSauer posted:

DCS is like that really hot guy with a great body who's never had sex before, so he doesn't know what to do with his hands and blows his load in ten seconds so the fun ends quickly.

BMS is a guy who's been having sex for fifteen years and knows a million ways to surprise you and keep it fresh in the bedroom. But he's not very good looking and sometimes looses consciousness for no reason.

DCS is a pretty good looking game but the static packaged missions are fun once and you eventually run out of them. The dynamic campaign engine in Falcon is it's killer feature. Every game progresses differently; every mission proceeds differently; and you can watch this massive war going on all around you and you're just one dude stuck in it.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

DSauer posted:

It's my aim to get back in the hang of flight sims and learning to deal with MFDs and HUDs and poo poo using DCS, because it is fun, then graduate to BMS once I've got a solid grasp on stuff. I'm in no hurry.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
The F-16 is a much simpler aircraft to operate than the A-10C. Its primarily a light fighter that was designed to cost almost nothing and shoot down Fulcrums. Most cockpit functions can be accomplished with a single button press and MFDs are primarily there for information rather than interaction. You spend very little time messing around in the cockpit of the Viper. The navigation system and mission computer is baby frolics compared to the Hog. The weapons are nearly identical though you have AMRAAMs as well, which are nearly fire and forget god missiles. The only areas where Falcon 4 is complicated is the FCR, which has a deep level of gameplay to it since its as important to the Viper's mission as the TGP is to the A-10C and surviving in a dynamic campaign environment without going nuts; "Yes there's a ton of enemy aircraft in the air, no most of them aren't after you, they have poo poo to do." BMS does add the IVC voice comms system but that's as simple as setting a radio frequency and forgetting it.

BMS costs nothing to try and goons are helpful as all hell to newbies. Come fly the friendly skies, don't worry about the Migs, its the goons that are fratricidal.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the ai have scored more A-A kills against us than goons..

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
A goon is selling a set of Saitek Rudder Pedals, thought someone in here might be interested:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647826

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

Baloogan posted:

I wonder if the ai have scored more A-A kills against us than goons..

They still haven't made the enlisted plebes do a FOD walk down Seosan's runways to pick up all the Baloogan bits lying around. We were doing high angle takeoffs and landing on the taxiways last night.

Now that I figured out what was causing the horrible stuttering I was getting the Battle for Balkans campaign (The 16x transparency anti-aliasing I had forced on in the GeForce control panel) I've given it another shot. The environment is gorgeous with hand placed high resolution textures and tons of custom made static 3D objects, along with a lot of upgrade ground unit models. Unfortunately its obvious that even their stand-alone single player campaign is still tailored for online PvP play. The only squadrons present in the campaign that have any interesting munitions are the F-16 and Mirage squadrons, everyone else has MK-84 and only those and AMRAAM load-outs are reduced on all airframes. The Falcon Online team has promised to make their next release have a single-player version that is closer to reality, but who knows when that will happen.

The F-16C-50/52 and F-16A-MLUs can only carry four AMRAAMs on hard-points 1,2,7,8. The AIM-9X can only be carried on hard-points 2 & 7, so if you want the super sidewinder you have to give up two AMRAAMs. Hard points 3 & 6 can only carry AIM-9M or AIM-7. I guess they wanted to reduce the amount of air to air kills from a missile that is almost impossible to defeat at medium range and lower. Air-to-ground ordinance mounts are unchanged but there's no AGM-88. You only have the Shrike. Its effectively modeled as a much shorter range HARM; which given the Serbians have SA-10s and SA-11s makes for very stressful strike missions. The F-16C-50s are all Italian squadrons with neat skins. The F-16C-52 with and without CFTs are all Greek squadrons with their cheesy looking roundels and marking. The F-16A-MLUs come from a mix of the Midlife Upgrade agreement countries, so you can pick a squadron with Belgian, Danish, Dutch or Norwegian markings.

All in all its a very well made campaign with a functional ground war and working win conditions, so its got that over Balkans 3.0. Unfortunately the balancing they did for PvP Multiplayer is poo poo for a single player campaign. F-117s taking off with only MK-84s in the hold is pretty hilarious. F-15E Strike Eagles motoring along with nothing but MK-84s hung all over, etc...]

Edit: The multiplayer version does all of the above but also replaces a bunch of the Serbian Mig-29 squadrons with various kinds of F-16s for the players to fly. They come with neat aggressor squadron skins.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 4, 2014

EpicPhoton
Feb 1, 2013

You have the opportunity to take a one way trip with a crew of ~20 to Mars. You'll be supplied, sent food and equipment once you land.
But you might never come back. You might never talk face-to-face with anyone from back home again. You might die on a cold, dusty rock.

Do you go?
In BMS, what's the best way to bug and target Air targets? I've been using the FCR, but I've seen people targeting things in a quicker way, but I'm not sure how. What's the secret?

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
A friend and I picked up DCS A10 and CA and completed Hideout. Anyone have any mission recommendations for two people?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

EpicPhoton posted:

In BMS, what's the best way to bug and target Air targets? I've been using the FCR, but I've seen people targeting things in a quicker way, but I'm not sure how. What's the secret?

That's pretty much how you do it at longer ranges. If the target is within ten miles of you you can use Dogfight mode to speed things up. Press 'D' on your keyboard. 'C' will exit Dogfight mode. In DGFT mode your FCR is automatically put into ACM (Air Combat Maneuvering) mode which gives you a variety of automatic radar modes to rapidly lock a target as well as decluttering your HUD, cooling your sidewinders and bringing up an EEGS gunsight.

When you enter DGFT mode your radar will be in OVRD mode which prevents it from emitting. This is so you can ambush something quickly if you need to with no RWR warning for the enemy. Anytime you leave one of the ACM modes with TMS-Down your radar will return to OVRD.

While in DGFT with no target and the radar in OVRD:
  • TMS-Up will give you Boresight mode, which projects a cross on your HUD. The first contact the FCR detects in that cross will get locked up. TMS-Down returns you to OVRD.
  • TMS-Down while in OVRD gives you 30x20 mode; a rapid side-to-side scan that will lock the first thing the FCR sees. TMS-Down with a target locked will return you to OVRD. TMS-Down with no target locked will give you...
  • 20x60 mode; a rapid top to bottom scan that will lock the first target detected. TMS-Down with or without a lock will return you to OVRD.

So pick your poison depending on the situation. If you can get your nose on the target, Boresight will give you a very quick lock. If the target is zipping past your 3 to 9 o'clock or vis-versa, 30x20 is useful. If you're in a tight turning fight with a Mig, 20x60 will let you get a lock even if you can't put your nose right on the target. From personal experience I hardly ever use 30x20, its always Boresight or 20x60. Just because DGFT mode emphasizes guns and sidewinders doesn't mean you can't use your AMRAAMs if you want. DGFT will not step to a sidewinder by default, it will keep whatever missiles queued up that you had prior to going into DGFT and doesn't prevent you from stepping through AMRAAMs. So if you had AMRAAMs toggle prior to DGFT mode you'll still have them queued. AMRAAMs can't pull the Gs that a Sidewinder can but they're still very capable in a close range fight is necessary, especially if your target is turning hard and dumping all his energy; the AMRAAM has a nice wallowing target to slam into.

For example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf9evZamZA

You have another master mode override called MRM mode (Medium Range Missile) mode which can quickly configure your Viper to shoot AMRAAMs. It will put you into CRM radar mode, which you're usually in, queue an AMRAAM, and set your MFDs to whatever you set them up for in the DTE Cartridge in the campaign map screen prior to takeoff. You enter MRM mode with 'M' and leave it with 'C'.

Some YouTube personality named Krause has a huge series of Falcon BMS video tutorials, including one on FCR usage.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 4, 2014

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

DSauer posted:

All my stores were made from the parts that goons have left laying all over Seosan.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
This ^^ is not common. I've had it happen to me roughly a dozen times over a decade of playing this game.

That being said, this is your falcon on drugs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra0oRTOGhk4

EpicPhoton
Feb 1, 2013

You have the opportunity to take a one way trip with a crew of ~20 to Mars. You'll be supplied, sent food and equipment once you land.
But you might never come back. You might never talk face-to-face with anyone from back home again. You might die on a cold, dusty rock.

Do you go?
Awesome, thanks DSauer, I'll have to give that all a try. I'm very proud of my 2 kills last night, but hopefully that number will continue to go up. Music choice was excellent on that video btw. What's the program you use to watch those videos?

quote:

:falcondrugs:

Everyone knows your afterburner is more efficient outside the plane.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
That's an application called Tacview. It also handles the DCS series of games, not just Falcon.

Finally got some decent footage of TWS mode being used to salvo AMRAAMs and kill all the Migs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko0I1rREsrg
Edit: Added funky music, because 70s era rock and fighter jets go together like goons and fedoras.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 4, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nice vid as always, DSauer. I'm going to allot some time to brushing up on Falcon tomorrow and will try and put your info to good use.

And whats the proper way to report a Bullseye when asked? 3 digit number, then 2. So is it like "320 for 25" for 320 degrees heading, 25 miles from bullseye?

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Yeah that works fine. You can be more or less verbose as the situation requires. If I'm not about to eat an R-27 or something then, "Bullseye 350 for 25 miles at 12000 feet," clearly enunciated is fine. If you're a little more pressed than something cut down is fine, "Bulls 223 for 12!!!" while breathing heavily works also. Try to start it with the word Bulls in there somewhere so folks know you're not giving a BRAA (Bearing, Range, Altitude, Attitude[Hot, Cold]).

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008
Baloogan, are you running SLI or Crossfire? Cause I've heard thats what may cause all that screen tearing, cause holy poo poo that was bad

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
For clarity, individually say numbers for bearing, but pronounce the miles.

"Two two one for thirty one"
"Zero four two for fifty"

This way there is no ambiguity of which one was what.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I just found out about force correlate mode for Mavericks. And put one through a building window at 11 nm away while flying at 5000ft. wow.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Force Correlate was developed for the G model Maverick primarily to attack ships. Older Maverick versions require the target to have a nice high contrast silhouette in the tracking gates on the missile display in order to track and ships are just to big to fit. Works great on buildings as well as you've seen and it has a penetrator warhead. If DCS models the E or L model Maverick those track your TGP's laser designator for when you need to put a Maverick through the windshield of some poor bastard's car.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Force Correlate is absolutely fantastic. And satisfying as hell to use in a SEAD role :getin:

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Just completed a SEAD Escort mission for an OCA-Strike on Koksan airbase with a buddy of mine flying as wingman. All of our AGM-88 missiles decided to track on search radars instead of the Fan Songs and Barlocks we originally wanted kill so rather than a rather leisurely mission of "Drop the CBU-87 on the SA-3 site" we got to play chicken with that tangle of SAM sites arrayed around Koksan. Every SAM site in the area took turns shooting at us with 14 SA-2 launches on us in a five minute period, along with six SA-5 missiles. At one point the SA-2 site at Koksan and the one about 10 miles to the west of it were firing on us at the same time and it was cool as hell watching these giants missiles go flying by close enough to see the rocket flame, with all these smoke trails crisscrossing all over. Thankfully the SA-2 is rather easy to defeat when you're practically on top of them; the missiles acceleration is so high that they can't turn into you for poo poo. I dodged all the crap while he figured out where the Fan Songs were and strafed them, total Vietnam era fighting. Going to try to get his ACMI tape for the encounter and post it, he had the JSOWs from the strike flight hitting Koksan as he was strafing its Fan Song.

This is why Falcon 4 whips any other milsim out there. The dynamic campaign gives the potential for every mission to turn into a fight to the death with no notice.

Sauer fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jul 5, 2014

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

DSauer posted:

This is why Falcon 4 whips any other milsim out there. The dynamic campaign gives the potential for every mission to turn into a fight to the death with no notice.
How is the campaign solo? Enjoyable still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Picked up FC3 on the Steam sale and holy poo poo how is it bringing my R290 to its knees?

What do they expect you to have to run on Max settings? I mean this ain't a brand new engine.