Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

Like isnt that entire theory something that Puntification said, Hey maybe....

Big Nothing claimed it. Personally, I'm sceptical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Big Nothing claimed it. Personally, I'm sceptical.

Well if he survives the lynch maybe he isn't lying. It could easily be confirmed by the person he steals the power from.

He did never actually claim he would steal their power though. He vague hinted that he gains a power based on picking a person who is involved in his lynch.

Sounds like a deterrent for people to lynch him. The whole thing feels like a gambit where he pretends to want to be lynched, when really it is because it is easier than actually playing the game. I think he is just scum who was resigned to lose, and then people gave him an out.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Do people still want more time to talk?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

JakeP posted:

Like isnt that entire theory something that Puntification said, Hey maybe....

I got confused by the wording of the explanation he gave: he gets a PR from the character he chooses from the people who vote to lynch him, I thought that meant he got their PRs IE ours but BN say that was mistaken.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote BN

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Big Nothing!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Rundown Hostel In Downtown DC - July 10th, 1997

"You're going to have to leave," Harry says to the man sitting calmly in the kitchen. "Unless you want trouble?"

"No trouble," the man replies. The taller of the two criminals, Marv, has a gun on the poor old landlady. "Explain what you're doing again before I go?"

"This city's ripe for the picking," Marv smiles. "Killers and criminals are running this town now. We're just two nobodies fresh out of the clink who're here for the harvest." Harry laughs and waves his own gun toward the door, expecting our man to leave. Finally, he closes his eyes and balls his fingers into fists.

"Violence... crime..." he grunts, "it's everywhere I go. No escapin', is there? HUH? IS THERE?" Harry and Marv exchange glances and Harry steadies his pistol. "That's it? I come here to... get away from it and it's everywhere. Fuckers. Screwheads. I'm just so tired of it. SO TIRED."

As he screams his last sentence, the man reaches for Harry's pistol and the gunshot blasts through the wall behind him. Harry eats a faceful of fist before Marv can even react and the man lunges to tackle him to the ground. A headbutt knocks the second bandit cold. Finally, the man stands and wipes the dirt from his wifebeater.

"People didn't want me here but I'm here to stay. Now I see it clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. I see that now. There never has been any choice for me." The man walks out of the hostel and out to his yellow car. He rides into the night.

Big Nothing has NOT been lynched. He is still a part of the game, however the day will continue for an extra two hours and therein he may not be lynched again.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's just one shot lynchproof. Makes sense with the claim now that I think about it but spoilers

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote TT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A two hour deadline is brutal.

I'd lynch TT for the crime of Gross Misuse of Vig.

##vote TT

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Your use of the vig was scummy.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Waking up at 12noon is pretty embarassing. What's up thread.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Wait is the day still open and we get to lynch again?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Your use of the vig was scummy.

what would you have done in my position? 100% intending to use it on someone you think is a good chance to flip scum and they claim doctor uncountered. I'm dead in the night if I don't use it, so I picked one of the other two people I thought were scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You should have killed the person begging to be lynched.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Tremendous Taste posted:

what would you have done in my position? 100% intending to use it on someone you think is a good chance to flip scum and they claim doctor uncountered. I'm dead in the night if I don't use it, so I picked one of the other two people I thought were scum
It's entirely possible for there to be a scum doctor and you should've shot rarity anyway.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I thought he was telling the truth, and he was.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tearshed posted:

It's entirely possible for there to be a scum doctor and you should've shot rarity anyway.

likelihood there isn't a town doctor though?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Actually this was a better choice. BN wasted a lynch.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Man my reading comprehension sucks.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Puntification posted:

Are there even enough people?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Tremendous Taste posted:

likelihood there isn't a town doctor though?
If you were a town doc, would you counter-claim? I wouldn't. This game isn't standard, so there is no guarantee there is just 1 protector-type role.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tearshed posted:

If you were a town doc, would you counter-claim? I wouldn't. This game isn't standard, so there is no guarantee there is just 1 protector-type role.

to out a scum, yeah

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

tearshed posted:

Are there even enough people?

We gotta try.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Puntification posted:

Yes.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Thanks! I worked it out eventually.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else about?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm here.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Hey Fv, I'm not sure about lynching taste but even worse I think the point's moot.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
This game is dumb

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yeah. Another no-lynch, how exciting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It sure as hell doesn't feel like there are 16 people left.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It sure as hell doesn't feel like there are 16 people left.

I agree.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

This game is dumb

Hey ras, does this reminds you of capps' mislynch during cats as well?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Who would we lynch if we could?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorta here while doing other things, but I don't want to lynch Taste.

The only person I'd consider lynching is PM, and even then I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing that without giving him a chance to defend himself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Puntification posted:

Hey ras, does this reminds you of capps' mislynch during cats as well?
No it's completely different, why do you ask?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Though more time was given, the future refused to change.

Day 3 has ended. Night actions are due within 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Washington, D.C. Secret CIA Think Tank - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

Wan Li arrives in the morning, having delivered the letter his mentor had asked him to deliver. He adjusts his baseball cap and walks into the office, but finds a police officer sitting on the desk holding Dr. J's hat.

"What is this?" Wan Li asks.

"You're Wan Li, alias Short Round?" the officer asks. "I'm sorry, but Dr. Jones was found dead last night. Bitten by snakes of all things in a dingy dungeon. Second killing like that in the last week. We were hoping you had a way of contacting his next of kin."

Wan Li erupts into tears and bows his head.

"Now what of his League?" Li asks. "What of us all?"

quote:

The Rented Apartment of Sarah Connor - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

"And you didn't do this?" the man in the suit asks Bond. Bond merely shakes his head slowly. The man with the green tie kneels down to the bloodied, bullet-ridden body and reaches into her pockets. He pulls out a small computer chip and smiles.

"Doesn't matter. We got what we needed. Sorry, Mrs. Connor, for however this happened. There's simply no place for you in our future." The two men walk out of the apartment just as the police finally arrive to investigate the scene.

quote:

A Small Forrest In Virginia - July 11th, 1997 10:00 AM

A dirt-covered hand emerges from the woods. His eyes burning with rage, mr.capps returns to the city, ready to begin work anew.

Merk, aka Harry Callahan, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

Rarity, aka Sarah Connor, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

Puntification, aka Dr. Indiana Jones, town-aligned, was killed Night 3.

mr.capps has turned up alive and returned to the game!

Day Four has begun (sorry it took so long - July 4th was murder). With 14 players alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline will be Monday at 8:00!

• Locked thread