Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTD2I8kWRM

discuss games about time, and also bro team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like Bro Team.

Also pretty much every PC game I play is about rewinding time cuz I quicksave like a motherfucker.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
this vid was pretty funny, if only for the bit where he shoots down the plane

really hoping for a time commando reboot

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the psp nes emulator (the good one) has rewind bound to L by default and that's rad as hell

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

sometimes i get the urge to play blinx the timesweeper, then i remember blinx was pretty bad when it wasnt time puzzles

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Excels posted:

sometimes i get the urge to play blinx the timesweeper, then i remember blinx was pretty bad when it wasnt time puzzles

One of the PS3 Ratchet and Clank had time clone puzzles. It was p fun.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

that wouldn't happen to be

my favorite game of the year all years, ratchet&clank a crack in time?

that game is so good. It's basically loving perfect.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHXwiweqM

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
timesplitters future perfect has a section where 3 of you back you up while you hack a console, then you go back in time and go through the section once as each of the other yous

i liked it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
No one talks about this but Okami has time travel. You go back and meet your past self and the two of you fight these twin mechanical owls together. When you use your celestial brush there's another cursor that belongs to shiranui making brush strokes to attack the enemies.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Okami is :krad: from start to finish.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Action Tortoise posted:

crack in time

shame i heard the newest one kinda blew.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It's all about mario's time machine. But it's gotta be the snes one ask the other ones sucked

http://youtu.be/SNpbV9a39NY

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Chrono Cross was a good time-travel story. Basically: Here's all the poo poo you ruined in Chrono Trigger, and also Lavos looks like a literal fairy now!

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

chrono cross was strange in the sense that it was both very weird and very underwhelming

my brain refused to spend more efforc trying to understand the story about halfway through

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I liked it, it just took entirely too long to become interesting and 80% of the plot was absolutely irrelevant. It was cool to see what effects the CT team had on the world.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chrono Cross was a loving terrible game

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
When compared to Chrono Trigger, yeah, but on its own it's not that awful. The element system was kind of interesting at least.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
How was that Radiant Historia game? That had time travel, right?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ocarina of Time

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

McDowell posted:

Ocarina of Time

sorry, known Videogame Expert Arin "Egoraptor" Hanson recently posted a half-hour rebuttal about why OOT sux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the first pc my dad brought home had a game along with it: the journeyman project, which was a first person adventure game where you play a temporal security agent who has to stop a time travelling madman from going to multiple points in earth's timeline to stop the first contact between humans and aliens. it owned. i played the second one and enjoyed it a lot. did not play the third one.

Action Tortoise posted:

pretty generic imo. the time travel thing is just that the game forks into two at some point, so you play one fork until you reach an obstacle that can only be overcome by playing the other fork until you do something that allows you to progress. meanwhile you revisit the same areas in both timelines so if you hate recycled stages then hoo boy stear clear. it's not a terrible game and i enjoyed my time with it, it just didn't grab me much.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Day of the Tentacle is a really good adventure game where you control three characters, one in each time period but in the same house. I really liked how it used time travel to solve some of the puzzles.

Dec 26, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

pretty decent, like many jrpgs the combat wears thin after awhile. it does have time travel but on a very small scale, like you can go back to certain points in the plot and change poo poo. most of the game is hopping between two threads of possibility based on an earlygame decision

also it had a budget of about $5, most of which they spent on the music, so the level design is garbage and gets recycled

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
i played it when it came out and i vaguely remember it giving you a character in the second half that's like level 1 but you really need her well-leveled and i quit because gently caress that

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Nobody said Darkest of Days yet?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

power rangers time force

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

The first game with a rewind mechanic was Cat Trap for the Gameboy. Eat a dick, Braid!

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Zybourne Clock

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Excels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTD2I8kWRM

discuss games about time, and also bro team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lazRr-asBfA

bro team is p. cool, time

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
chrono cross has awesome background art, character art, and music, but the plot is an abortion that manages to piss on everything that happened in ct while being ultimately pointless at the same time

dead sea doesn't make a bit of sense, but its the coolest area in the game by far.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i only played chrono trigger up to the time portal because my R4 doesnt have that anti-piracy chip that CT requires to progress past that.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Excels posted:

i only played chrono trigger up to the time portal because my R4 doesnt have that anti-piracy chip that CT requires to progress past that.

That's really loving weird because that's the exact same antipiracy as the SNES version

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

That's really loving weird because that's the exact same antipiracy as the SNES version

they added it to the DS version as well.

for some reason square is diehard obsessed with crushing all who attempt to emulate or recreate CT. out of all their various franchises, they come down the hardest on this one

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
the c&d on that 3d cc thing was probably forged bc they realized the scope of the project was impossible lol

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Time Surfers is a game where you slide down hills and rewind time. It's good.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
telltale's back to the future games. haven't played one of their titles since sam & max so i can't say if they're good.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the walking dead games are pretty fun, although there is unfortunately no time travel in it

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
soulja_boy_reviews_braid.avi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Action Tortoise posted:

telltale's back to the future games. haven't played one of their titles since sam & max so i can't say if they're good.

These games were on a rough part of telltale's growth. The obvious sign of this is the improvements made to their engine over the course of that series. Less obvious are trends in the design of the game to be more action like. I imagine early reviews came back with bored players so they wanted to spice up the gameplay. However pretty much all of the action sequences suck. Then they made Jurassic park and that was all action and it sucked so hard they made twd into a choose your own adventure novel.

• Locked thread