Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

loving Tampa exploiting their 4 hour window to pick :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah sorry for being bad the last few rounds, they've all come in the daytime when I can't really pick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

loving Tampa exploiting their 4 hour window to pick :argh:

Two hours. You don't get extra time when you have back to back picks and I'm pretty sure that's in the OP of the draft thread.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Two hours. You don't get extra time when you have back to back picks and I'm pretty sure that's in the OP of the draft thread.

lol chill

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

We're almost there, guys.

E: :lol: It looks like BP tried to prematurely retire Bobby Abreu as he was omitted from their PECOTA spreadsheet. (Probably an accident since plenty of other retired players are in there but kind of funny anyway)

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 2, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The goal is to make IcePhoenix lose his poo poo by the end.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

The goal is to make IcePhoenix lose his poo poo by the end.

good luck with that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just realized that I botched the chance to make a perfect pick at 666 and it makes me sad.

e: I cleaned out round 25 since we're almost there but I made a separate tab to save the greatness

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 2, 2014

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I go out of town on Sunday to Central Oregon (no internet), what's your schedule for getting this started and how often we'll be making updates?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

I go out of town on Sunday to Central Oregon (no internet), what's your schedule for getting this started and how often we'll be making updates?

I'm going to wait and see how the first couple updates go before I do a set schedule, but it will take me a little while I'm sure to even get all the teams set up once we finish the draft so you have plenty of time. If anyone wants to start sending me their team settings, lineups, rotation, etc so I can get a head start feel free.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If the lightning round ends up starting after like 4pm on the 4th I might just push it back to starting on the 5th so we can all go blow poo poo up without worrying about our joke picks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

If the lightning round ends up starting after like 4pm on the 4th I might just push it back to starting on the 5th so we can all go blow poo poo up without worrying about our joke picks.

I'm down with this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

I'm down with this.

Assuming the last five teams make their picks tonight (I am going to pick after I get home around 6 central) I'll still start it off in the morning, though. Maybe at Noon ESDSTDTSTSDT instead of Ten though to give the west coasters a little bit of a break.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Is there a simple way to sort position players by handedness on fangraphs or bbref? I'm not good at dealing with either's UI.

(or rather, filter handedness and then sort by WAR or some other metric)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Enjoy the holiday guys, the Lightning Round starts at noon eastern tomorrow! The last three dummies that got themselves skipped have all day today to make actual picks but I'm going to auto them before I go to bed tonight.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
cool

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I'm here. Had a busy day so far of sleeping in a lot.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Enjoy the holiday guys, the Lightning Round starts at noon eastern tomorrow! The last three dummies that got themselves skipped have all day today to make actual picks but I'm going to auto them before I go to bed tonight.

Why do you hate the West Coast :negative:

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Made my pick. Would've made it earlier but I worked 6AM to 4PM today.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So, for the lightning round, are we just putting the picks as fast as we want in the main draft tab, or in that second "best round" tab that's already full of bullshit?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Post them in the thread I imagine.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So. Ready to go?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
E: poo poo XD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

So, for the lightning round, are we just putting the picks as fast as we want in the main draft tab, or in that second "best round" tab that's already full of bullshit?

the bullshit tab was just a bunch of jokes people were putting in the last round and I didn't feel like deleting it

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Holy crap. Michael Abreu, who has no MLB experience to his name and hasn't been affiliated with any MLB clubs in 5 years?

How can that possibly work?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Brad Boxberger definitely sounds made up, I call shenanigans

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Pander posted:

Holy crap. Michael Abreu, who has no MLB experience to his name and hasn't been affiliated with any MLB clubs in 5 years?

I feel you may be misunderstanding the seriousness of the "Lightning Round"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

There's actually no player card for me to import him from so it doesn't :(

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
There should be. Are you spelling it "Michel," i.e. correctly?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Merry Marauder posted:

There should be. Are you spelling it "Michel," i.e. correctly?

I am only filtering by the last name of Abreu

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

How odd. I thought his minor league experience qualified him, and he was in NPB last year. Guess I'll repick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Merry Marauder posted:

How odd. I thought his minor league experience qualified him, and he was in NPB last year. Guess I'll repick.

Yeah I looked him up and was like "well, ok, seems legit" but there's no card for me to unretire him from in my searches.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
ANDRUW JONES is ok I'm guessing right? right???

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gorman Thomas posted:

ANDRUW JONES is ok I'm guessing right? right???

yeah

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

angrygodofjebus posted:

Brad Boxberger definitely sounds made up, I call shenanigans

He rules

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Am i allowed to draft Kazuhito Tadano? He technically hasn't retired... just been pitching in the NPB since 2008 after leaving Cleveland in 2005.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

Am i allowed to draft Kazuhito Tadano? He technically hasn't retired... just been pitching in the NPB since 2008 after leaving Cleveland in 2005.

he has a player card for me to use so yes go ahead

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Someone took Sicnarf Loopstok

Good job

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I wonder which team has the highest payroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Laderhan posted:

I wonder which team has the highest payroll.

Not me! My team comes in at $58 million in 2014 salary going by Cot's. I assume the White Sox will have the lowest.

• Locked thread