Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Smol posted:

Word on the street is that Cobblestone and Overpass will be played at ESL One Cologne. :v:
Is this the word on the street as in someone is spreading that rumor because of NBKs comment that he'll retire if that happens?

Personal opinions on cbble and Overpass not withstanding, neither of them are ready for competitive play at that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ESL One is going to be all Hostage maps you heard it here first.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

weekly font posted:

ESL One is going to be all Hostage maps you heard it here first.

The finals are going to be decided with surf maps

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
CS:S cbble was the tits. Not sure why they broke B so badly in CS:GO. The changes at A are really good though.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I just got TOLD

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=dazzo

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sigh. Biggest bug of our time...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

bpower posted:

Noobs, dont be afraid to goonman.I did twice, was completely poo poo, but everyone there was really nice.

I've been in the group forever and came close to joining up a few times but I really suck at counterstrike. Maybe I'll finally jump in this weekend. I'm a total scrub and really enjoy these occasional map pack operations on casual servers :shobon:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

InterFaced posted:

I've been in the group forever and came close to joining up a few times but I really suck at counterstrike. Maybe I'll finally jump in this weekend. I'm a total scrub and really enjoy these occasional map pack operations on casual servers :shobon:

Just do it. They're fun, and even being terrible myself the worst I get is constructive criticism.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

InterFaced posted:

Just don't be Mr. Pink and you'll be fine.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
I'll give it a go then... and maybe not be ultra-poo poo.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

goonmans deal with me with only maybe two or three admonishments a week, anyone who at least knows the concepts of a crosshair can play.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Buy right, communicate, don't intentionally bait, make the effort.

That's all you really gotta do to 'survive' goonman. You'll probably get blown up for the first XX games but you will learn more in those than matchmaking at your current ranking.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I got yelled at in my second goonman for baiting a guy because in the first goonman I got yelled at for blocking a guy and I didn't want to do that again, I don't remember if it was the same person.

I'm pretty sure if we had been double awped I would have been yelled at for not knowing how to peek. Some dudes are just high strung I guess.

I have a hankering to know if it's actually the case that 99% of end-of-map community server votes are for dust2, or if it just seems that way. Are those statistics collected and presented anywhere?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

kaschei posted:

I got yelled at in my second goonman for baiting a guy because in the first goonman I got yelled at for blocking a guy and I didn't want to do that again, I don't remember if it was the same person.

I'm pretty sure if we had been double awped I would have been yelled at for not knowing how to peek. Some dudes are just high strung I guess.

I have a hankering to know if it's actually the case that 99% of end-of-map community server votes are for dust2, or if it just seems that way. Are those statistics collected and presented anywhere?

Sorry, you queued with Totts. Happens to everyone.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fauxshiz posted:

Sorry, you queued with Totts. Happens to everyone.

I laugh when tott tells me to fix my rates. It took a while, but I finally put it at 128000 because I started to feel bad.

PelvicThrust
Oct 22, 2009

And one for the doctor
30000 rate is the true path to CS immortality

I'm on lovely DSL, 128k rate is fine for me. Only reason I see someone not using it is either because they don't care enough to change it or they want to become an invincible CS god

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
There is literally no difference between 80k and 128k unless you're playing on a 32 man server.

updaterate and cmdrate 128 are important though.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I've always been bad at CS, but theres something glorious about running round a corner into people who are worse. making GBS threads AK bullets all around you while you calmly place your deagle in his mouth and say NO.

CS is fun, basically.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
I really hate that they took the Hostage Rescue maps and then bundled them with Defuse maps nobody wants to play for casual matchmaking.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ShineDog posted:

I've always been bad at CS, but theres something glorious about running round a corner into people who are worse. making GBS threads AK bullets all around you while you calmly place your deagle in his mouth and say NO.

CS is fun, basically.

CS is not fun. You only think it's fun because it is akin to an abusive relationship. Allow me to elaborate.

You take the abuse time and time again, but you know deep down in your heart that CS has no true spite for you and doesn't mean to keep hurting you in the many ways it has. After you threaten to leave it, the pitiful bastard comes crawling back to you by giving you a 3/4/5k and you feel magnificent. But not long after the wonderful bushido make-up sex, it quickly reverts back to being the painful and cruel mistress CS was always intended to be.

good vibes crew 4 life

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 4, 2014

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Turk February posted:

CS is not fun. You only think it's fun because it is akin to an abusive relationship. Allow me to elaborate.

You take the abuse time and time again, but you know deep down in your heart that CS has no true spite for you and doesn't mean to keep hurting you in the many ways it has. After you threaten to leave it, the pitiful bastard comes crawling back to you by giving you a 3/4/5k and you feel magnificent. But not long after the wonderful bushido make-up sex, it quickly reverts back to being the painful and cruel mistress CS was always intended to be.

good vibes crew 4 life

Some people are just honest to god into cruel mistresses I guess.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Yay! Week long competitive ban because Insertion crashed my computer again! Guess it's time to start playing with Goons!

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
How much of a shithead had you been recently to be up to 7 day bans...?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

I've gotten a 7 day ban TWICE :smuggo:

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

mist is a terrible map.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Wezlar posted:

Yay! Week long competitive ban because Insertion crashed my computer again! Guess it's time to start playing with Goons!

Yeah it's bullshit how you get a 7 day ban the first time you get DCed with no previous bans

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

teagone posted:

I laugh when tott tells me to fix my rates. It took a while, but I finally put it at 128000 because I started to feel bad.

Pretty sure my 1v1 goonman wait progression with tott was

Rates
*I fix rates*
Awping in 1v1
*only use ak*
try harding

I Can't Win By Winning

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Apogee15 posted:

I've gotten a 7 day ban TWICE :smuggo:

I get at least 2 per month :freep:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Less of a shithead than you have to be to be banned from a goonman server

roachm
Aug 4, 2012
Just for you Slumpy. Tourists @ work.

"Don't kill my vibe."
Sorry for the horrible picture of a monitor, if I got caught taking files from the PC they wouldn't have been happy haha.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
I can't get the autoexec.cfg to stick no matter what. (No, I havent renamed it autoexec.cfg.txt or anything like that)

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Trashcan from seasme street: Dont Kill My Vibes

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Power outage, Insertion, Teamkilled a dude, Insertion. So 1/4 shithead!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

We had fun on Mist earlier. The match was a bit weird because no one knew the map but we crushed them and had multiple people going negev. Shotguns seemed super viable but no one was really holding angles the way you normally would.

Unused
Aug 29, 2008

:pcgaming:
Crossposted from sub.io, excuse the lovely quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqtQEgctpU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Goofballs posted:

We had fun on Mist earlier. The match was a bit weird because no one knew the map but we crushed them and had multiple people going negev. Shotguns seemed super viable but no one was really holding angles the way you normally would.

I hope you weren't playing me because I didn't know mist at all and the other team were using shotguns and negevs... or something i don't even know

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

We smashed the poo poo out of 2 double ak guys, 2 silvers and some other guy I don't remember the rank of. We were novas 3 and below. I don't think anyone was taking it seriously because we had people jumping off cliffs by mistake, molotoving themselves and just laughing continuously even at half time.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Unused posted:

Crossposted from sub.io, excuse the lovely quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqtQEgctpU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPj113eka0

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ShineDog posted:

I can't get the autoexec.cfg to stick no matter what. (No, I havent renamed it autoexec.cfg.txt or anything like that)

Does adding -exec autoexec.cfg to launch options work? Idk if it still does but I think it used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Xenaero posted:

Less of a shithead than you have to be to be banned from a goonman server

Free mr pink.

• Locked thread