Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

Nondescript Van posted:

Selling Fujifilm X-E1. I had it for a few months but I decided to change systems. The top Fn button is mushy and doesn't really click but it works fine. There is also a single hot pixel on the sensor, but that can easily be removed in post. You really only see it at 100% crop. Comes with original box and accessories (battery, charger, cloth, manual).Asking $300 USD.

This is still available. Price is negotiable so make me a reasonable offer.

Nondescript Van fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethanfr0me
Feb 2, 2012
i'll put together a full post later this weekend, which is what i should have done in the first place, if i'm gonna be throwing dollar figures around

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 4, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Ethanfr0me posted:

Would anyone be interested in a brand spanking new spanking? Looking to get retail price ($800 shipped) including screen protector, case and extra batteries / charger. Just can't get into digital, i'll put together a full post later this weekend.

Someone had to go and mention a price and now look what you've done you horrible person.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Chasing some advice.

My father passed last year and left a 400mm f2.8 lens behind.

I have zero need for it, as I don't shoot birds, sports or anything that can justify having this thing.

I'm considering eBay (Australia), but there's already one up there, and it's been there for over a month. Anyone have any ideas for where/how I could sell it?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

High-end glass like that is usually in very high demand for rental. Around here there are quite a few outlets that will rent on consignment for owners of rare/expensive glass. Alternatively, see if a place that rents gear would be interested in buying it outright.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Joke Answer: KEH Credit.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Yeast posted:

I'm considering eBay (Australia), but there's already one up there, and it's been there for over a month. Anyone have any ideas for where/how I could sell it?

There's different strategies to selling on eBay. Some people put up a relatively high price and expect the item to sit around for a while before it gets a taker (there's some sellers in Japan who do this a lot on certain gear). Buy it now listings cost a fixed amount per month, so this can backfire if your price is legitimately too high. Other people try to price it more aggressively so it'll move quickly. Auctions end at a known time but you don't really have a good way to guarantee a price (high reserves kill auctions). Or you can sell on a forum, or whatever your version of Craigslist is, in which case you save the eBay auction fees. If you don't use Paypal you do take some additional risk selling like that.

This thread can be a decent place to sell gear, but you will of course need to post a picture of the lens with your username in it, as that lens is definitely worth more than $50.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 5, 2014

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Thanks for the advice!

I'll offer it to a couple of rental places and see if there's any interest first. Hadn't even thought of that, but it's a great suggestion.

mes
Apr 28, 2006

Mest0r posted:

Selling Canon 50mm f/1.4 and 40mm f/2.8 STM

Gallery with more images here.

Just trying to clear out some lenses that I'm not using as much anymore. First up is the Canon 50mm f/1.4 which I purchased new late last year which hasn't been getting much use since I don't particularly like 50mm as a prime focal length and I don't really need to go down to f/1.4 that often. The lens is in great shape, glass is clean because it didn't get a ton of use especially after picking up at 24-70mm. Looking for $225 shipped.

40mm sold to GoldenNugget
Same deal with the 40mm f/2.8, purchased earlier this year to be the walk around lens but it's been getting pretty minimal use, I figured someone else would get more use out of it. Looking for $100 shipped.

I don't have PMs, but feel free to contact me at jemuelb[at]gmail[dot] com or drop a message here if you're interested in something.

40mm sold to GoldenNugget (which was shipped out and received). Lower price of 50mm to $225.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mest0r posted:

40mm sold to GoldenNugget (which was shipped out and received). Lower price of 50mm to $225.

Buyers: note that the 50 1.4 has more aperture blades than my spaghetti portioning device, unlike the 1.8, and that this sounds like a pretty good bargain for a 50 1.4.

Really I just wanted to poo poo on the 1.8 though.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Any interest in either the 70-200/4L non-IS or Sigma 8-16? Both for Canon.

Looking for outright sale, but might be interested in a trade towards enthusiast compacts like the S110 (and later), LX7, XZ-2, X20, and possibly the RX100. Not interested in mirrorless though.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Elliotw2 posted:

Lens arrived, it works and it's in fantastic condition.

Great! Enjoy it -- it was definitely a favorite of mine on the film body.

Fedora Brandisher posted:

Sent you an email!

Payment received for the SRT-201, 50 1.7, light meter, and shutter release. Getting it in the mail tomorrow. Thanks!

The Kiron 28-210 is pending to Peter Radiator

dakana posted:

Everything is in good working condition with a few minor exceptions -- the battery door on the Canon AL-1 needs a small piece of tape to stay closed. The little plastic retainer clip has just weakened over time. The filter ring on the Soligor lens is bent, so it likely won't take a filter without some finesse. The rubber on the zoom ring is also bending up a bit but is solidly affixed.

Here is an album of prettier pictures

Shipping, from Cincinnati-ish Ohio to the continental US: add $2.50.

PMs are fine or email me: nkneer at Gmail

Table updated with what has been sold (and I took the two Minolta flashes off as I've decided to keep them for background lights).

jabber jacket
Jul 15, 2004

jototo posted:

Interested in buying a DSLR kit for an upcoming trip. I'm a bit of a noob, so it shouldn't be anything too complicated. I'd like a body and at least one or two versatile lenses. Should be a fairly modern body, something like a T3i or D3200 or something that uses SD cards and shoots 1080 video. Not looking to pay a ton for stuff I don't need initially.

I have a Canon T3i setup that sounds like it's just what you're looking for. I have the T3i with 18-55mm kit lens, EF-S 55-250mm telephoto zoom, aftermarket battery grip, three extra aftermarket batteries as well as a 32GB and 16GB Sandisk SD Cards.

The camera is in near perfect condition as I only used it for seven months or so and would take out my T2i when I thought things might get dirty. The lenses are in even better condition as I already had the previous versions of them from my T2i purchase and continued using those after I bought the T3i. The telephoto has been used less than 5 times and the kit lens less than twenty.

The T3i has everything in the box that it came with (the unopened strap and the original charger didn't make it into the pictures, but they're included, too).

Asking $565 shipped for everything. If you just want part of the bundle instead, let me know and we can try to figure pricing out. You can PM me or respond in the thread.

Here's a gallery for full size pics.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Yeast posted:

Chasing some advice.

My father passed last year and left a 400mm f2.8 lens behind.

I have zero need for it, as I don't shoot birds, sports or anything that can justify having this thing.

Sorry to hear about your father :smith:

I would second trying to sell it locally, try Gumtree or any Australia-specific photography forum there might be. Paypal + eBay fees are kinda high, there's a certain advantage to getting cash in hand.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Meeting locally with ReptilePicasso to buy the Canon 5D, grip, and accessories for $560.

Picked this up today and everything looks good. Thanks!

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
My "loving poo poo, I'm moving out in 2 weeks" sale. Need to move this stuff I no longer use so I don't eat up precious baggage allowance with it. Dropping prices a bit (include worldwide shipping from Japan, but please add a bit for insurance if you'd like it):

========

I've had a few offers for parts of the kit, would prefer to sell the whole thing. I'll give it a week before I consider breaking it up (for serious this time).

Gowland Pocket View 4x5, Xenar 150/5.6, 65mm f/8 Super Angulon, Cokin Filters - $600 shipped

Awesome ultralight 4x5 camera with a full range of movements, made by the late, great Peter Gowland. You don't get the convenience of gearing you get with a field camera or monorail, but the weight savings and flexibility more than made up for it. I honestly thought I'd be hanging on to this thing forever, as it's not like you can just hop on B&H and buy a new one whenever you want, but realistically I've come to realize that my shooting style has drifted away from 4x5 and I'd be better off selling it in favor of something I'll actually shoot with regularly. Also includes the extension rail.

Camera comes with both a 150mm f/5.6 Schnieder Xenar, and a Super Angulon 65mm f/8. Both in good shape, shutter sounds fine to my ear. Great match for the camera (the camera can definitely exceed their coverage with movements, but both are very light and compact, which match the camera's philosophy).

One minor issue with the camera: the bottom clasp on the back was down to one rivet when I got it. When I was pulling the GG back to accommodate a Polaroid back, it popped off. I expoxied it back on with JB Weld and it works fine now, although I've taken care to be fairly gentle with it. I think it should hold up just fine though (Polaroid backs are notoriously thick and difficult to get under a GG).

Also includes some astronaut condoms Cokin filters and a holder.

4 Riteway DDS holders. Rather than sell these individually (kinda not worth it after shipping and Paypal), I’ll chuck them in for free as a pot-sweetener if you buy either the Gowland, or the Speed Graphic I’m going to list soon.
========

Canon Rebel Ti + 28-80mm: $60 shipped

Ran a test roll through it when I got it, but don't have the scans handy (also, pretty sure I shot it with the 50mm f/1.8 anyways). Due to Japan Post's dumb restrictions, doesn't include a battery. Great little film body to toss in your bag, nice platform for your existing EF lenses. The accompanying 28-80 makes a great walkaround.

Full frame!

=========
Sigma 12-24 (EF mount) - $340 shipped

Wide-rear end rectilinear lens that I used maybe 3 times (thought I was a lot more of a WA guy starting out in photography than I actually was :downs: ). Have front cap, rear is generic EOS. Body in great condition, mostly the only signs of use are wear on the rubber rings. BUT - moving through the zoom range and looking through it at a bright light source, I found a very small spiderwebby thing that I think may be fungus, that showed up at about 14mm. Pretty sure it's dead (hasn't grown in the last few years since I noticed it was there, despite a warm/humid environment), and I doubt it will ever show up in a picture. Price reflects this!

Samples:

===========

4x5 Grafmatics (x2) $115 shipped

All septums there for each, cycles through the magazine normally. Frame counters removed. Not sure on light leakiness, have no more 4x5 film to try them on. The most awesome, bolt-action way to shoot 4x5. IIRC someone from before was interested in these, so they've got first crack.

=========

Pentax 67 + grip - $160 shipped

I live in Japan. A few months ago I made the mistake of wandering into a used camera store drunk after a cherry blossom viewing. Thankfully, I made it out having only purchased this Pentax 67 body with wooden grip (I had previously purchased a 6x7 kit on an auction site, only to find the 1/1000s was off, so was planning to replace the body with this one). I asked the guy at the shop if it was working and he said it was. Unfortunately, I didn't have the ability to develop stuff at home anymore so never got around to actually testing it before selling the 6x7 kit to another goon, so this thing has been sitting on my shelf ever since, mocking me. Realistically, I realised how much I hate scanning and am gradually divesting myself of all my film gear (might even sell my 'blad after I get back to the USA), so this thing needs to get sold.

So yeah, I believe it works but I don't actually know, so price reflects that.

========

Also have a 4x5 Speed Graphic + Aero Ektar to list, will get that up after work tomorrow.

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Anyone have any interest in buying a Zoom H4n recorder? Its in like new condition. Selling from USA.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

For sale: Ioptron SkyTracker + XCSource ballhead (uses arca swiss plates). Good combo for doing astrophotography on the cheap! Just need to add a tripod (I used a lightweight benro tripod and it was manageable, but the heftier the better for this job) and a camera!

Buying this combo new on amazon would run you $390 bucks, I'm just looking $320 (including paypal fees and shipping), and it's been so barely used :negative: I'm open to offers though, I'd love to see this go to someone who can use it.

No skytracker:

P2120078.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

With skytracker:

iOptron Skytracker Test by MrDespair, on Flickr

12 minutes of stacked shots

The Pleiades.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
As promised, something I've been putting off doing for ~3+ years (finding out my bike now needs the carbs loving rebuilt after I *just* got it back from what was supposed to be a comprehensive tune-up helped light a fire under my rear end):

Pacemaker Speed Graphic + 178mm f/2.5 Aero Ektar (+127mm Ektar) + rangefinder parts: $520 shipped

The good: I actually did used to shoot with this thing regularly and shutter speeds worked just fine, but not since I left the US. To my eye, FP shutter is working just as well as it did then. Leatherette is in great shape.

Less Good: I had it in the back seat driving between venues at my sister's wedding. For some reason, my dad (I was following him) saw fit to hit the brakes hard, I overcompensated and the whole rig fell off the seat. It's now a little bit cranky moving the front standard onto the forward part of the bed (sometimes takes a few times), but it still works.

Lens is in "fair" condition: has a custom metal hood (non-removeable, as far as I can tell) that is a bit bent. Not that you were going to be mounting a filter, but just a heads up. Glass is a bit yellow, I gave it some time under a UV bulb a few years ago but it could use some more to get fully neutral. There is some internal dust and a few tiny patches of fungus, but they've not metastasised since I got the lens, in two very pro-mould (Florida, now southern Japan) environment. Neither dust not fungus has ever show up in a picture. Aperture action is smooth, although it's not like people buy this lens to shoot it stopped down :v:

RF wasn't holding alignment before the spill: I had to put it in my checked bags on the way to Vancouver in 2010, and when I got there I found the RF out of whack. Tried recalibrating it but it just didn't want to hold an alignment. I used it exclusively on the tripod after that, which is how most people shoot with an AE anyhow. Before though, I actually used to shoot street/candid with it. In addition to being quite an upper body workout, it actually worked pretty drat well:

WeddingFieldRetuched.b2 by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

On the Move by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

Exit by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

Splash by ethics_gradient, on Flickr

4/20 shoot 4x5 candids everyday :catdrugs:

To that end, I bought a new Kalart assembly off a guy on RFF maybe 2 years ago. Never got around to installing it because I had quit shooting LF, but I have what I'm told are all the necessary parts plus the necessary drivers/bits he included. I'm not an expert on Kalart's but it should be all you need to get it back working.

Lensboard is a one-off done by an old pro photog in the 60's. The lens is a little crooked and kinda stuck in there, but still works fine. There's also a 127mm f/4.7 Ektar lens included, which according to an old guy who saw me using it in a park in Vancouver and then chatted with me about LF for the next 30 minutes, was quite the hot ticket on those press cameras.

Almost forgot: here are the RF parts, as well as your father's light saber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age flashgun handle, which slides on to a bracket on the RF and really helps with shooting handheld. If you want a bunch of flashbulbs and two reflector dish things for the cost of shipping when I get back to Florida at the end of August, those are yours as well.

tl;dr - a sweet 4x5 portrait rig with a few minor issues but functionally fine.

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Despair posted:

For sale: Ioptron SkyTracker + XCSource ballhead (uses arca swiss plates). Good combo for doing astrophotography on the cheap! Just need to add a tripod (I used a lightweight benro tripod and it was manageable, but the heftier the better for this job) and a camera!

Buying this combo new on amazon would run you $390 bucks, I'm just looking $320 (including paypal fees and shipping), and it's been so barely used :negative: I'm open to offers though, I'd love to see this go to someone who can use it.

I've been wanting to pick one of these up. I'm willing to do the $320 with ball head, but I won't be able to send payment until tonight if it's still available. I'll pm you.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Obsolete posted:

I've been wanting to pick one of these up. I'm willing to do the $320 with ball head, but I won't be able to send payment until tonight if it's still available. I'll pm you.

I've received payment for this, will put it in the mail tomorrow!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Pacemaker Speed Graphic + 178mm f/2.5 Aero Ektar (+127mm Ektar) + rangefinder parts: $520 shipped

I'd love to get this (same price shipping to Denmark, right?) but I'll need to double check balance etc. first. Can you hold it?

Edit: How's the film holder situation? Does the camera use standard Graflok or special holders, and are you including any?

nielsm fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 9, 2014

Peter Radiator
Aug 1, 2004

somebody got hurt
somebody get hurt

dakana posted:

The Kiron 28-210 is pending to Peter Radiator

Payment sent for this.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

nielsm posted:

I'd love to get this (same price shipping to Denmark, right?) but I'll need to double check balance etc. first. Can you hold it?

Edit: How's the film holder situation? Does the camera use standard Graflok or special holders, and are you including any?

Yep price is for worldwide shipping, although add like $7 for insurance. And no prob holding it for a bit, about how long do you need? I'm pretty busy with moving preparations the next two weeks or so, so the sooner I know about things, the better.

It's a standard Graflok back, I've got 4-6 DDS holders that aren't really worth my while to sell individually from Japan, so I was gonna throw them in with whichever of my LF cameras sold first. I've also got some sheet film that is probably expired but has been cold stored that I can throw in for another $10 or so, depending on how much there is left (I can check when I get home from work).

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

I've received payment for this, will put it in the mail tomorrow!

I did in fact mail this, and Obsolete should have a tracking number!

Let me know if there are any issues with it!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Yep price is for worldwide shipping, although add like $7 for insurance. And no prob holding it for a bit, about how long do you need? I'm pretty busy with moving preparations the next two weeks or so, so the sooner I know about things, the better.

It's a standard Graflok back, I've got 4-6 DDS holders that aren't really worth my while to sell individually from Japan, so I was gonna throw them in with whichever of my LF cameras sold first. I've also got some sheet film that is probably expired but has been cold stored that I can throw in for another $10 or so, depending on how much there is left (I can check when I get home from work).

Sound really good. I'll figure something out before the end of this week.

JSW2
Apr 26, 2008

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Gowland Pocket View 4x5, Xenar 150/5.6, 65mm f/8 Super Angulon, Cokin Filters - $600 shipped

Camera comes with both a 150mm f/5.6 Schnieder Xenar, and a Super Angulon 65mm f/8. Both in good shape, shutter sounds fine to my ear. Great match for the camera (the camera can definitely exceed their coverage with movements, but both are very light and compact, which match the camera's philosophy).

Very interested in this. What's insurance going to run (and how long will the shipping take)?

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Mr. Despair posted:

I did in fact mail this, and Obsolete should have a tracking number!

Let me know if there are any issues with it!

Thanks! I have the tracking number and it should be here tomorrow. I'll post again when it's in my hands. Thanks again!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Anyone selling a 120-300 sigma for canon mount? :ohdear:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I'm on, how soon can you have it shipped? It'd be great if I could have it before August, that should be doable, right?
Also, some film would be nice to have, yes.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Still have a Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 manual lens for Canon EF for sale:

$250 shipped within the US

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

JSW2 posted:

Very interested in this. What's insurance going to run (and how long will the shipping take)?

It's not bad, $5 will cover it.

For shipping you have two options: EMS and regular airmail. EMS takes 3 days, regular airmail probably more like 10, in my experience.

I'm going to be out of town today + Saturday, but I can try to weigh them on Sunday and let you know how much (if any, sometimes it's really close) EMS would be. edit: what country are you in/what's your ZIP code?

nielsm posted:

I'm on, how soon can you have it shipped? It'd be great if I could have it before August, that should be doable, right?
Also, some film would be nice to have, yes.

I think I could get it out between Monday and Wednesday of next week. My motorbike is in the shop getting the carbs overhauled (supposed to be ready today, but I won't be able to get it until Monday after work, I'm pretty sure) and I don't have an easy way of getting a bulky package to the post office until I get it back, unfortunately.

Bizzaro Quik
Dec 1, 2004
Japan rules, right?

Seamonster posted:

Still have a Rokinon 35mm f/1.4 manual lens for Canon EF for sale:

$250 shipped within the US

Consider $150? I'm broke.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Pentax 67 + grip - $160 shipped

I live in Japan. A few months ago I made the mistake of wandering into a used camera store drunk after a cherry blossom viewing. Thankfully, I made it out having only purchased this Pentax 67 body with wooden grip (I had previously purchased a 6x7 kit on an auction site, only to find the 1/1000s was off, so was planning to replace the body with this one). I asked the guy at the shop if it was working and he said it was. Unfortunately, I didn't have the ability to develop stuff at home anymore so never got around to actually testing it before selling the 6x7 kit to another goon, so this thing has been sitting on my shelf ever since, mocking me. Realistically, I realised how much I hate scanning and am gradually divesting myself of all my film gear (might even sell my 'blad after I get back to the USA), so this thing needs to get sold.

Alright, colour me interested. This is this the mirror up version, right?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

daspope posted:

Anyone have any interest in buying a Zoom H4n recorder? Its in like new condition. Selling from USA.

I might be. I've got to admit it would have to be a pretty killer deal though.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I think I could get it out between Monday and Wednesday of next week. My motorbike is in the shop getting the carbs overhauled (supposed to be ready today, but I won't be able to get it until Monday after work, I'm pretty sure) and I don't have an easy way of getting a bulky package to the post office until I get it back, unfortunately.

This sounds exactly like the excuses I heard when you took a month just to get stuff in the mail last time I bought stuff from you. Just sayin'.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Interest check for Polaroid stuff.

I have a ton of SX-70 (folding, rainbow onsteps, prontos), 600 & packfilm cameras (100, 250, 360 etc), flashcubes, magicubes, flashbars & accessories.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
:f5::snoop:

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

I got a box filled with a ton of plastic bags and an iOptron SkyTracker. Everything looks good.

Thanks Mr. Despair!

Now to find some batteries...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Obsolete posted:

I got a box filled with a ton of plastic bags and an iOptron SkyTracker. Everything looks good.

Thanks Mr. Despair!

Now to find some batteries...

Just so you know, when you turn it on and all you hear is a noisy whine with no discernable movement, it's just because the big wheel only spins at 1 revolution per day! Freaked me out the first time I tried it, wound up putting a mark on the wheel and the body so that I could see if it was actually spinning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLSf9R-wN-g

Crazy rear end reduction gear going on inside that thing.

• Locked thread