Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"This time, I came prepared." Aspexia smiles and begins to speak the words of her spell, spreading a layer of grease below the warrior dolls.

Standard: Cast Grease on the ground, J27-K28.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"A grease spell... that will make it interesting. Lets see if... hey... stop sliding around, its hard to hit you now."

Oh we aint got a barrel of money: 1d20+3 5 2d6+7 16

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Raziya
"drat, I could barely hit that giant sand guy with this sword, now I have to go after these little things?"

Stab a Doll 1: 1d20+4 18
I've gotten so used to missing I forgot to roll damage: 1d6 2

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Tigi

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs i27 Doll AC: 1d20+5-4 17 1d8+1 3
Move: None

Tigi fires an arrow into the wall, where it sticks.

That isn't promising.

Hardness 5 you say.

Anias fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 28, 2014

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
Aspexia casts grease under the Warriors Dolls, forcing them to make Reflex saving throws.

Reflex Save: 1d20+2 7
Reflex Save: 1d20+2 18

Trying to take advantage of the prone Warrior Doll, Akamur over estimates his opponent and swings long.

Raziya has a better feel for her opponents and her blade strikes true, but it clinks off the doll's hard ceramic body, doing little more than leaving a faint scratch.

Tigi takes a pot shot from far back but it breezes past everyone and impales in the wall.

The grease appears to temporarily trip up one of the dolls, but they continue their mindless assault.

Warrior Doll 2
Full Round: 2 slams vs. Akamur (Cover)
2 slams: 2#1d20+3 14 21 2#1d3 2 2
2nd attack hits and deals 2 damage.

Warrior Doll 1
Full Round: 2 Slams vs. Raziya
2 slams: 2#1d20+3 15 13 2#1d3 3 2
Both miss.

Warrior Doll 3
Move: Stand up from Prone (Raziya and Akamur get Attacks of Opportunity)
Acrobatics: 1d20+2 19
Standard: Slam vs. Akamur
Slam: 1d20+3 7 1d3 1
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: Everyone!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Stand" *grunt* "Still" *grunt* "You" *grunt* "stinking" *grunt* "Dolls"

Maybe we're ragged and funnny: 1d20+3 23 2d6+7 16

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi

Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Doll AC: 1d20+5-4 21 1d8+1 5 Can the Dolls be Crit? Confirming in case...Longbow, Point Blank Shot w/o Precise Shot vs Doll AC Crit Confirmation Check: 1d20+5-4 10 1d8+1 9, Nope, don't worry about it.

Tigi fires an arrow into a doll, where it sticks.

Hardness 5 you say.

I am seriously regretting not specializing in fire right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I don't think I can hurt these things, so I'm just going to stand here and keep them from hurting you guys, okay?"

Since the absolute max I could do is 1 damage, I'm just gonna stand here and Full Defense Action. +4 AC.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia frowns. "That did not work like I had hoped." She throws acid at one of the dolls, but misses entirely.

Acid Splash A Doll: 1d20+3 7 1d3 2

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Korlac posted:

Warrior Doll 3
Move: Stand up from Prone (Raziya and Akamur get Attacks of Opportunity)

Mustache Ride posted:

Akamur

"Stand" *grunt* "Still" *grunt* "You" *grunt* "stinking" *grunt* "Dolls"

Maybe we're ragged and funnny: 1d20+3 23 2d6+7 16

Was this your regular attack on your turn or your opportunity attack for my dude standing up from prone? Either way I think you owe me one more swing.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

But we'll travel along: 1d20+3 19 2d6+7 10

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 27, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AoO: 1d20+4 18 1d6 6

Sorry, forgot

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Akamur and Raziya team up together and beat down Warrior Doll 3, making it regret every being an animated object!

Akamur continues the momentum of his swing and splits Warrior Doll 2 in half!

Raziya then assumes a defensive stance while Aspexia fails to hit the doll with her acid splash. Tigi is able to get a solid hit in, but it just plinks harmlessly off the doll's ceramic skin.

Mindlessly the animated doll continues it's assault against Raziya.

Warrior Doll 2
Full Round: 2 Slams vs. Raziya
2 slams: 2#1d20+3 6 14 2#1d3 2 1
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: Everyone!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"So what do you think these dolls are here to protec... hold on, this one's still alive."

Singing our song. Side by Side: 1d20+3 23 2d6+7 13

"Ehm, as I was saying, what do you think these dolls were here to protect? We need to search more thoroughly. But first, get rid of this tar, its awful."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Treasure. Jewels. Grandma's secret recipe. An exit. Anything our rather vain friend considered important enough to put in his tomb, but not important enough to protect behind the Mirror."

If it somehow survived that, Full Defense. If not, usual sift/search sweep.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
Arrow Count: 32 Arrows, 19 Blunt, 20 Flight, 5 Grapple
4/4 1st level spells

Assuming Akamur slew the remaining doll and combat is over, 2 Misses, 1 recovered arrow 1 lost. 1 hit, another lost for -2 arrows total.

"I am absolutely collecting these dolls. Look at them! They're magnificent, if a bit battered now, I'm sure I could repair them, although perhaps I'll leave the enchantment out. What wonderful detail they have. I suspect this wing of the tomb has our deceased's trophies and tools judging by that chariot."

Tigi waits while Raziya searches the room, running her eyes anxiously along the ceiling and walls looking for danger our even an out of place torch. When the girl declares it clear, she begins packing the bits of doll into a sack, being careful to get all of them that she can see.

Take 20 on perception looking for the doll pieces. Tigi can cast mending in the future, and so packs away the doll remains. After that, examine the diorama and the two hangings on the walls

"Judging by his biography, our friend was a hunter and warrior of some note. I suspect these...dolls"

She gestures with the foot of one of the dolls.

Were part of some reenactment. Yes, they'd fit here.

Korlac how much of the set pieces (chariot and diorama) could we deconstruct without damaging them?

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

You feel that you could fully disassemble both the chariot and the diorama with some careful work (Taking a 20) on either a Disable Device or a Knowledge: Engineering check (Must be trained). It's going to take you a few hours (2d4) of work to get it all disassembled and ready for extraction. All in all you think you could get about 150gp for both.

Examining the Trophy room you find that most of the arms and armor on the racks are mundane items, but Akhentepi's khopesh and spear are both masterwork weapons. The composite shortbow is still serviceable, but its string has deteriorated, and must be replaced before the weapon can be used.

You also find a scarab shaped steel shield, as depicted in many of the images of Akhentepi, and find it to be a special magical value.

Searching through the various chests you find that they are of good craftsmanship but less ornate than the trapped chest you found previously. None of them are locked or trapped but each has been sealed with wax. Inside you find various coins that total up 100gp.

You also find several scroll tubes holding papyrus records, private memos, expense ledgers, speeches, and private correspondence. Among the papers are discussions regarding the unfinished tomb of Akhentepi's mistress. There is little else of interest in the papers, but to a collector or Osirionologist, these documents are worth 250gp.

The clay urn is also sealed with wax and contains nard, an expensive, oily perfume, worth 75gp.

Want to start disassembling or continue on to the rest of the tomb?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

So the things that look like the entrance room hanging in this room are armor/weapon racks? That makes sense I guess.

Tentative plan: Let's press on for the moment, we have 4 CLW and the shield's heal still unused for the day, so we can do some more exploring.
Items flagged for taking out with us later that we're not going to carry around just yet: Chariot, Diorama, Ornate Chest?!, Tapestry, Books, Nard, Mundane Weapons from Trophy Room.
Take the spear/khopesh/shortbow/shield with us now. I think Raziya is using a shield, so probably her for the Scarab.

"So many details. Aspexia, could I beg one sketch? I'll need to remember this...when trying to put the dolls back together"

Tigi gestures to the diorama, then more generally to the room.

"We'll almost certainly want to make a map for the priests if we're going to bring these things back. For now, I think we mark what we found and where, and plan on disassembling these when we're reasonably certain the tomb is safe."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"That sounds good, let's record what we find and continue on to clear the tomb. Once that's done we can always come back."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Returning to the hallway with your previous encounter with the Sandling, you check the western doors for traps and determine it is clean. Pressing against it sternly you open it up to the next room.

A tapestry hangs from a frame against the south wall of this large chamber; it depicts an otherworldly vista where the souls of the dead, shepherded by strange beings, enter an ethereal river ambling through space toward a landscape dominated by an impossibly tall spire. Columns sculpted in the shape of Osirian warriors wielding khopeshes stand in all four corners of the room. The floor is tiled in a white spiral pattern on a black background, and this spiral pattern is repeated on the stone double doors to the north, east, and west.

Another choice lays before you. Head North or West?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"I've been kind of been getting beaten to hell recently, I wouldn't mind that shield." Other than that, and informing the others that she can definitely take the chariot apart once an exit is found, she doesn't add much to the current conversation. Once the new room is found, however, she's back in her element, and grins. "Asp, you wanna tell us about whatever spooky mythology's going on in that tapestry?"

I'll take the shield, then do the usual. I say North, for precisely no reason at all.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 30, 2014

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Know: Religion, Spirals: 1d20+5 16

"These are clearly signs of Pharasma, but their signifigance, hrm. Let me think.

Tigi wanders the room after Raziya waves them in, looking at the statues and careful not to step disrespectfully on the spiral.

Just guessing that spirals in a tomb in golarion is Pharasma. I want to go west just to keep exploring the left wall, but honestly I think we're here for the full clear so north works. Continuing the theme of ask all the questions - Are there spaces behind the columns, or something we could use as a torch holder at this intersection?

Anias fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 30, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

Staring at the mesmirizing swirling pattern on the doors, Akamur snaps out of it as Tigi speaks.

"What is a Pharasma? I've never heard of that type of beast in tombs before."

Not waiting for an answer, Akamur moves to the North Door and proceededs to examine it.

Take 20 for trap check and to see if its locked

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Aspexia recognizes the Pharasman symbols as a sign that the next rooms are tombs where the dead rest, warnings that death is the natural progression after life that should not be interrupted.

But the church gave you their blessing, and with a sense of fear and excitement you open the doors heading north.

Several additional doors lead down a hallway going deeper into the tomb. The final set of doors open to a large octagonal room with a raised square platform a few inches above the center floor, with a stone pillar at each corner. A gold-trimmed sarcophagus sits in the center of the platform, flanked by two statues of humanoid beings with canine heads, each of which holds an ankh in one of its crossed arms. Stone double doors exit the north and south.

From here on out I need you guys to be very explicit with your actions please. Not that anything bad is going to happen.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Tigi stumbles back up the steps, dragging her friends with her to the top.

"That cannot possibly be good for us after the surprises thus far. Let's stay up here a moment and discuss, maybe even check the other rooms before we poke at that and find out the statues are golems and the roof collapses. They had to have a way to safely embalm him, and in turn a way to arm whatever horrible thing is supposed to happen to, well, us."

She nods down the stairs as she speaks.

"Unless you think the people that trapped this place left an obvious sarcophagus of gold casually laid out with no defenses? Me neither. We'll have to investigate it for the church, but carefully."

Tigi finishes glumly, looking at the doors.

Move us back to the block at T12 to U13 for our initial discussion. Standing in the hallway wasn't good for us last time, standing on stairs probably isn't good here. Given the pattern thus far, I'd feel a lot safer thinking about that room from a distance to avoid accidentally setting something off while we and our characters discuss. Questions for Korlac - Do the doors have hinges/locks? Are there any distinct features on the walls/stairs/ceiling of the hall leading in or just around the door that we can see without going into the room?

Anias fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 1, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Aspexia backs up at Tigi's urging, carefully walking backwards down the steps. "A wise choice. Maybe we should go through the other door - there were doors at the other end of the chamber right? If we can circle around, we would probably get some more information, if not we're going to have to check out those rooms anyway."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

@Anias: The doors do have hinges on the inside and they look fairly sturdy. Of note you found that while the doors to the tomb were not locked, they do have the capability of locking.

Inside the actual tomb, surveying it as best you can without stepping foot inside, you find that the statues depict the ancient Osirian god Anubis. The only other door in this room is to the north.

Other than that, the room looks fairly clean and undisturbed. Whatever creepy crawlies have buried their way into the tomb, they never made it in here.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Ok. So when we're ready to look at this room, we can try to piton the doors all along one side of the hall/staircase. That should at least make sure we have a clear line of retreat. For now, I like Arivia's Idea of going west and seeing if we can circle around to that north door. If we don't find an obvious way north to our west, we could also try double checking for secret doors on the Chariot room/Weapon room when we camp for the night and disassemble stuff back there.

"That's a good point. Also we should remember to wedge these doors open, the hinges look recessed and that's a bad sign. All sorts of nastiness implied by how heavily built they are. For now, west, and carefully sounds like our best choice. If we don't find any connecting passages to that northern door, or an obvious mechanism for turning off the assumed trap, I'd be inclined to look for secret doors in that chariot room. Perhaps under the vehicle?"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

Since Raziya already checked this room for traps, Aspexia opens the door to the west and lets Raziya check the space beyond for more traps.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

Nodding with the other as they mention heading west, Akamur takes piece of bone, broken clay pot, worthless tapestry, etc and stuffs it into the hinge and underneath the door to ensure it stays propped open before joining the others at the western door.

"Remember, we need to come back and clear that room before we use the escape route that's probably beyond this door."

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

This short hallway narrows sharply to the west, descending to set of stairs that abruptly ends at a rough rock wall.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"I guess we're not going this way. Come on, lets get back to the sarcophagus room and see if there are any traps we can deal with. I think that's the only way forward."

As they approach the room again, Akamur speaks up, "Maybe you can fire your crossbow at the pillars and statues, to see if that will set off any traps or wake something up. Then we can funnel them into the antechamber and slaughter them in the confined space."

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Raziya NPC Style

Search the 'abandoned' hallway with sift/pole as appropriate, taking 20 for 24 on sift, 29 without totals.

One moment, One moment, there might be something here that gives some clue.

If nothing is turned up, head back to the sarcophagus room and after wedging the doors open, start the search process from outside the room investigating from the ceiling down, same 24 on the perception with sift. Have a rope tied around Raziya and the rest of the party up the stairs holding the other end of it.

If there is something in the hallway, ignore the sarcophagus stuff until we've had a chance to talk about it.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

The dirt on the floor is smeared in various patterns, telling the tale of more creepy crawlers having been through this area and into the various dug tunnels around the unfinished area. But despite all those red herrings, Raziya detects a secret door to the north section.

Checking it more closely she determines that the hinges are on the other side of the door, and there aren't any obvious key holes or handles. Calling it Akamar to give it some elbow grease, the tunnels shake furiously as Giant Mining Beetles suddenly emerge from the cracks!

UP NEXT: Aspexia (Arivia), Twig (Anias)

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

Tigi
4/4 1st level spells

Hurrah for flat footed things not threatening. As a result, none of the monsters should -yet- be in melee.

Standard: Longbow, Point Blank Shot vs AC: 1d20+5 19 1d8+1 5 Hit W10 beetle for 5
Free: Drop Longbow
Move: Ready shield => AC goes to 20
Free: 5' Step to W11

Conveniently, I don't yet threaten since I don't have an action to draw my sword with, so Aspexia can also take her shot without the -4.

Tigi's shot flies true, catching one of the beetles in the seam of it's carapace, and lodging there.

Too close for the bow really, good thing I brought a shield.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
"Now that's just not fair. We finally find a secret door and it's full of beetles! I'm beginning to think this place has it out for us."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Aspexia Thrune

"Beetles? Oh no, please don't get in my robes!"

Aspexia steps to the side and fires a splash of acid off at the closest beetle.

Free: Step to V13.
Standard: Splashing A Beetle: 1d20+3 13 1d3 1 I'm splashing the beetle at W10 if it's not dead yet; otherwise I'll splash the beetle at W9.

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

Tigi and Aspexia focus their fire on the nearest Beetle, pelting it with arrows and acid. The assault seemed to work but the Beetle was still standing on its multiple legs, but only barely.

Red Giant Mining Beetle
Standard: Bite vs. Akamur
Bite: 1d20+3 5 1d4+2 3
Swing and a miss.

UP NEXT: Raziya (Poison Mushroom) and Akamur (Mustache Ride)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Raziya
A bit emboldened by the addition of a new shield to her repertoire, Raziya bounces onto her left foot, and with a flourish, drives her blade towards the bug closest to the casters. "Akamur, take my old spot, keeps them from boxing us in!"

5-Foot Step to V10, then use Arch Luch (5 rounds left) and attack Beetle 3 (the one on W10).

Lucky Beetle Stab: 1d20+5 17 1d6+1 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Akamur

"Filthy creatures, picking away at the dead. They deserve the hammer."

Moving into the spot opened up by Razia, Akamur follows through with his statement.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away: 1d20+3 14 2d6+7 13

I guess orokos doesn't like the Beatles.

• Locked thread