Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

By my calculations it would have taken 19 matches to get the win rate up to 77%. Also, you should have told the booker to get rid of Cena since you were out of a job anyway, you might as well have taken him with you. You'd have booted 2 people out of the same fed in one night and it would have made turning up at wrestling school hilariously awkward with Cena there.

That green mist/light before the match with Miss Viola almost made me think it was going to be a poison gas match. Someone should suggest that to MDickie for the next game. "Federation Online have been branded unsafe workers after half of the audience was killed in that match!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
loving hell, that match at the end. That scoundrel Liam keeps finding ways to worm out of situations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The severed hands of Liam Neeson and Radical "Scotbird" Larry are locked in an eternal struggle, both fated to never win. It is these titanic struggles that will one day unmake the universe, and it is this same struggles that will begin the great cycle again.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pvt.Scott posted:

The severed hands of Liam Neeson and Radical "Scotbird" Larry are locked in an eternal struggle, both fated to never win. It is these titanic struggles that will one day unmake the universe, and it is this same struggles that will begin the great cycle again.

Set it to some bitchin tracks by Budgie and you got a video game, man.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 1, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

No offence Simosimo, but you were totally asking to lose that hand. You repeatedly talk about 'you don't want to do moves that throw you onto the ground over broken objects, because it hurts you too!' through the series... and then spend five minutes doing it repeatedly.

It was funny though.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
It's high time we had a sign in the crowd for our favourite opponent.

Under his stern gaze, Larry must not falter!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

KittyEmpress posted:

No offence Simosimo, but you were totally asking to lose that hand. You repeatedly talk about 'you don't want to do moves that throw you onto the ground over broken objects, because it hurts you too!' through the series... and then spend five minutes doing it repeatedly.

It was funny though.

I know :( but there's a 10% chance of a sweet spot where you land on the wrestler on the floor and you do not touch the weapons/debris. With Neeson being that guy on the floor, it's worth taking that chance!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
HOWDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53xewtvsJhk

HELLO JAPAN. We embark upon a journey of honour and respect. Who will be the first to call us a 'white muthafucka!'.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
It's amazing that Dickie can't get this on Steam when poo poo like this, this and this are clogging up the front page and pushing decent, original titles into obscurity.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Requesting the .GIF or video of Health Slater of 3MB asking how he's supposed to wrestle if it's dark. :allears:

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Yay, Lazza's back!

Laughed pretty hard at :vince: sign!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Your nemesis Ghetto Child languishes in Indie Hell while you top the pops in Japan. All is well in the Larryverse.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
"I couldn't help but notice that you've lost one or two limbs during your battles in the ring?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
No, Doctor, it's just one. You're just confused because you ask me in here every loving day.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
Been meaning to catch up with this! When the blue gently caress did Larry get cornrows? What did you do to him in general, he looks like a greasy skeleton. RE : Your call for a second commentator, sounds like a drat good idea if you intend to continue Larry's wrasslin' career, I'd put myself forward but I'm a social autist - have you considered doing a stream? I'd say gather the Larry-ites over on Twitch, have some banter and then see if anyone in the chat fancies a go.

Also, I'd love to see a game of Total War, Civilization, some sort of RTS. You could show us Larry's horrible Mongol ancestors and how they laid waste to entire nations. Would be a good time! Dunno if strategy games are your thing but it'd make for a bit of fun.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Sleepwise posted:

Been meaning to catch up with this! When the blue gently caress did Larry get cornrows? What did you do to him in general, he looks like a greasy skeleton. RE : Your call for a second commentator, sounds like a drat good idea if you intend to continue Larry's wrasslin' career, I'd put myself forward but I'm a social autist - have you considered doing a stream? I'd say gather the Larry-ites over on Twitch, have some banter and then see if anyone in the chat fancies a go.

Also, I'd love to see a game of Total War, Civilization, some sort of RTS. You could show us Larry's horrible Mongol ancestors and how they laid waste to entire nations. Would be a good time! Dunno if strategy games are your thing but it'd make for a bit of fun.

When the booker decided it's the best fit for him!

I've thought about that stuff, but my recordings are so sparse and random. Having someone who would even be willing to do it, on call anytime is pretty much never going to happen without pre-planning. I'd probably need a UK based smark, unless a yank doesn't mind me quizzing them about inane poo poo and my stupid bullshit :)

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EhrxKDzQ2M

Get ready to ride the rollercoaster that is Wrestling Mpire, we hit more highs and lows AGAIN. Can it get any worse?! :bahgawd:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So you're a Bo-liever too? He's just such an amazingly clueless douche.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 12, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That bribe.

That loving bribe.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The win percentage seems like a crafty way to limit career length, as the more matches you play the harder it is to make the number go up.
Or it's just something stupid MD came up with and never tested properly.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

SelenicMartian posted:

The win percentage seems like a crafty way to limit career length, as the more matches you play the harder it is to make the number go up.

Is Mr. Dickie a ccrafty man, or a stupid man...

I Be-Larry-ve!

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

This one's also impossible as it would require 20 matches in the 6 events allotted. In fact, increasing win rate by 5% in 6 events is nearly impossible after the first year of a career. EDIT: unless your win rate is low.

SelenicMartian posted:

My guess is the win rate challenge was set like attribute challenges (i.e. add a few points) with no regard for how percentages work. I suppose it could have been originally a mistake and then deliberately left in.

Death Zebra fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 13, 2014

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

If you'd never won a match, it'd be impossible to get to 5% in 6 weeks once you'd played at least 115 matches and if you're that terrible, you probably wouldn't have continued past your first year anyway.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

maswastaken posted:

If you'd never won a match, it'd be impossible to get to 5% in 6 weeks once you'd played at least 115 matches and if you're that terrible, you probably wouldn't have continued past your first year anyway.

The game rounds win rate to the nearest percent so it'd take 128 matches. Hopefully, it goes off of the rounded figure because you could otherwise have the game telling you that you've got the target and then you get fired anyway.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm just glad those Wahey/Boo-urns signs are getting so much mileage. :3:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Larry is the one suspected of killing Rory Awesome, not the guy who joins wrestling school a week later with pretty much the same look? :raise:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I was kinda hoping Larry would be forced to do some Hard Time TM.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Pvt.Scott posted:

I was kinda hoping Larry would be forced to do some Hard Time TM.

We already had this happen with Supergreatfriend's Life and Times of Bully Demise which everyone should watch on youtube because it is goddamn hilarious

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dr.Smasher posted:

We already had this happen with Supergreatfriend's Life and Times of Bully Demise which everyone should watch on youtube because it is goddamn hilarious

The po-po don't even know about all his murders.

MisterBishop
Sep 2, 2011

Nooby engineer
Oh god yes. If you didn't know, he has recently started playing WWE 2k14, using the storyline customizer to continue Bully Demise's strange tale. It is all kinds of weird and awesome, especially if you watched his other LPs.

EDIT: Forgot to watch last night's videos. Bully's journey is now over, though knowing SGF he may come back in some form later on.

MisterBishop fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 21, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlteG5X5CkU

Hired ref killaz. Japan is proving to be interesting!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is Deep Throat a face?

"Deep Throat made Majesty tap out after 3 minutes." :allears:

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

This was a good episode.

- It starts with the protagonist having a cool new gimmick

- Best entrance ever: climbing up the turnbuckle before inexplicably jumping to the outside through what seemed to be a pane of glass.

- Larry is single-handedly responsible for kicking several people out of the fed.

- The booker was top rope hurricanrana-ed head-first onto the referee.

- Larry beat up a referee he actually liked for money (? I can't remember).

- Larry cost a guy his ear and his job and said guy's manager/tag team partner/guy in the ring for no reason tried to stab Larry with a screwdriver.

There was more interesting stuff going on here than I've seen in two in-game years of WWE2k14's universe ( though I think my universe might be broken).

Also, is it possible to kill the referee?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Oh laz, it's been so long. Let's make tonight special.

Oh. You've dressed as Gold dust. That is indeed special.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh laz, it's been so long. Let's make tonight special.

Oh. You've dressed as Gold dust. That is indeed special.

Spared no expense

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvNXtB6aq9A

Japan is the most annoying fed. Also Miz decides to start feuding with Larry, big mistake!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hahaha I just caught up on this and jesus this game is a laugh

Mic to the Willy is probably going to be a go-to phrase to my friends here who watch wrestling

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

You didn't go "loser leaves town" against the booker? Why?

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Assuming the game goes off the rounded figure for win rate (which seems to be rounded according to normal rules), and given that Larry apparently has 33 losses, it would take a total of 154 matches to get a win rate of 79%. I think he had 127 matches when he was given the challenge so he'd have to win 27 matches in 5 events.

And is it me or was Matt Hardy just standing there during 1 or 2 of the backstage matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I'm starting to have a Pavlovian response to that drat sped up midi song, especially when it suddenly slows down 10x.

• Locked thread