Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Any other options for American streams that you don't have to pay for? I'm on my corporate network so the typical dodgy ones are out of scope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Unfortunately unable to watch this. Did Froomeyboi fall on the pave? Have they even reached the cobbles yet?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Xabi posted:

Unfortunately unable to watch this. Did Froomeyboi fall on the pave? Have they even reached the cobbles yet?

That's tomorrow. Froome fell on regular asphalt.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
The cobbles stage is tomorrow, there is a little bit of cobble in the climb they will reach in a few km but nothing serious like tomorrow.

The finish line today, not as large as yesterday, maybe Kittel can loose.

http://gfycat.com/InnocentBewitchedKiwi (Froome crash)

For streams : http://www.cyclingfans.com/tour-de-france/live and http://www.steephill.tv/ for non dodgy streams.

Mr.Nice fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 8, 2014

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

TraderStav posted:

Any other options for American streams that you don't have to pay for? I'm on my corporate network so the typical dodgy ones are out of scope.

Probably not. Welcome to watching things after the fact in the US!

Unless it is something like the TdF where NBC offers an app, the one-off links can be hit or miss here without much alternative. Lots of times right after a stage, someone will post the last hour or two on YouTube and you can catch it before it gets taken down. Mr.Nice usually has a link or so to such a video in his summaries.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Sure looks like the Astana guy set that off when he stood and let his bike surge back. Poor form. The guy behind him then reacted and took out Froomes front wheel.

edit; maybe the Astana guy was just reacting to the person in front of him moving over.

/shrug

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Andy Schleck's career decline has been pretty spectacular.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

dema posted:

Sure looks like the Astana guy set that off when he stood and let his bike surge back. Poor form. The guy behind him then reacted and took out Froomes front wheel.

edit; maybe the Astana guy was just reacting to the person in front of him moving over.

/shrug
I think it was just the one dude bumping the rider next to him because he was crowding. Doesn't look like a reaction to anything else.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Cancellara being super Euro and texting his agent during the race.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Awesome! These work for me (UK, behind work firewall) - any chance you can put these and your previously posted stream links in the (already amazingly helpful) OP so they're easier to find?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Mr.Nice posted:

The cobbles stage is tomorrow, there is a little bit of cobble in the climb they will reach in a few km but nothing serious like tomorrow.

The finish line today, not as large as yesterday, maybe Kittel can loose.

http://gfycat.com/InnocentBewitchedKiwi (Froome crash)

For streams : http://www.cyclingfans.com/tour-de-france/live and http://www.steephill.tv/ for non dodgy streams.

vikingstrike posted:

Probably not. Welcome to watching things after the fact in the US!

Unless it is something like the TdF where NBC offers an app, the one-off links can be hit or miss here without much alternative. Lots of times right after a stage, someone will post the last hour or two on YouTube and you can catch it before it gets taken down. Mr.Nice usually has a link or so to such a video in his summaries.

Thanks, I will try those out. Appreciate the help, not sure I'm willing to throw out $30 (desktop streaming) for this just yet.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I didn't see the froome crash, how did he go down? Fairly major knock to confidence before tomorrows stage

EDIT: looking through the team lists i can't see anyone who's going to guide froome or contador through the cobbles like sparatacus did for schleck.

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 8, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Scratch that! Can tune directly into NBCSN through Comcasts website. SWEET!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I didn't see the froome crash, how did he go down? Fairly major knock to confidence before tomorrows stage

EDIT: looking through the team lists i can't see anyone who's going to guide froome or contador through the cobbles like sparatacus did for schleck.

Slowdown in front, people shifted out the way and his front wheel got collected.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Man, this NBC stream (free one through Comcast) is insufferable. 3-4 minute commercial breaks, which are just a screen letting you know it'll be right back with cheesy music, after 5 minutes of coverage.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
They already give up on the green jersey and intermediate sprints.

krushgroove posted:

Awesome! These work for me (UK, behind work firewall) - any chance you can put these and your previously posted stream links in the (already amazingly helpful) OP so they're easier to find?

Done :)

I will try to post them from time to time in the summary.

Edit they are trying to create echelons,this could be interesting.

Mr.Nice fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 8, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Teams just not even trying to fight cannondale for the green jersey now. Boring.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Is there still a split?

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Nope, they merged 15 mins or so back.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Ugh, three Lotto riders went down and Greg Henderson abandoned the race.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Oh no, Tommy's wagging his head. RIP

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
If they would just shut voeckler down maybe we could see a little racing.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

accipter posted:

Ugh, three Lotto riders went down and Greg Henderson abandoned the race.

Greipels not winning a sprint then

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Where are the cobbles tomorrow in terms of stage profile (which kilometers)? I'm checking the tour-website etc. but either the info is not there or I canīt read it :ughh:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bolivar posted:

Where are the cobbles tomorrow in terms of stage profile (which kilometers)? I'm checking the tour-website etc. but either the info is not there or I canīt read it :ughh:

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Sagan down.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

So is it the 1-9 numbers or what?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That was a really nice cut through the gap.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Lol @ OPQS wasting their time with those trains.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Lol @ OPQS wasting their time with those trains.

Its the only thing they can do now. No chance at the sprint and they have no-one to go after any of the jerseys. Might as well get some TV coverage.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

serious gaylord posted:

Its the only thing they can do now. No chance at the sprint and they have no-one to go after any of the jerseys. Might as well get some TV coverage.

Yep. I have no idea who's supposed to challenge Kittel in a bunch finish. I liked the pull that Tony Martin made in the end, though, and hats off to Voeckler of course for breaking away over almost the entire stage.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
It was closer than the previous sprints.

Bolivar posted:

So is it the 1-9 numbers or what?

Yes, the cobbles sectors have a difficulty rating I will post them later.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Mr.Nice posted:

Sagan down.

Watching it here at work and there was a gasp when he cut through that hole. Dude knows how to ride in a pack.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

strangemusic posted:

Yep. I have no idea who's supposed to challenge Kittel in a bunch finish. I liked the pull that Tony Martin made in the end, though, and hats off to Voeckler of course for breaking away over almost the entire stage.

I'm wondering if they'll try a few Tony Martin long rangers when the riders are bit more tired. They could string it out then launch Martin off.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

demare did well today, hope it's not just a sagan/kittel whitewash.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

demare did well today, hope it's not just a sagan/kittel whitewash.

Sagans got the green sewn up I think. No-one was bothering at the intermediate sprint today.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

froome's going in for x-rays and his wrist is messed up apparently. nothing like cobbles to gently caress up an injured wrist.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Feel really bad for him

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Aiming for the perfect "last man standing" tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Though it means Trek have no real confidence in their GC contenders, Cancellara has been given completely free reign for tomorrow! :allears: