Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

New Clutch track "Sidewinder" 52 minutes into the vid: http://www.wdr.de/tv/rockpalast/extra/videos/2014/0613/clutch.jsp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

This, a whole lot. Never thought I would see a release that made me feel like listening to Thou for an hour at a time!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

gently caress Bongripper owns. So much.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Laserface posted:

gently caress Bongripper owns. So much.

Yessss. Really really good.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think I've already listened to it more than anything in their back catalogue already, apart from Satan Worshipping Doom. They have a lot of good material and I love some of the tracks on Hippie Killer but it just doesn't quite sink in in the effortless way this does. It's just pure, irresistible heaviness.

On a side note, I noticed they've made amazing new artwork for TGBR and HK:

Gazhole
Jun 20, 2007

Them's some nice boots. Fo' thirty dollars yo' knows they's real leather
I decided to venture outside Satan Worshipping Doom and bought Hippie Killer, and have the new one downloading from bandcamp as i type this. Reefer Sutherland is simultaneously melting me and making me laugh whenever i see the song title. I love it.

Are there any other bands i should check out along this same vein? I'm a big fan of YOB, Electric Wizard, and i quite like Ufomammut as well. Cheers in advance!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Charlie, Burt Reynolds Has got poo poo on You from Hippie Killer might be my favourite Bongripper track.

Gazhole posted:

Are there any other bands i should check out along this same vein? I'm a big fan of YOB, Electric Wizard, and i quite like Ufomammut as well. Cheers in advance!

Check out the Christpunchers!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Idioteque Dance posted:

On a side note, I noticed they've made amazing new artwork for TGBR and HK:

Yeah, the full layout of Miserable is pretty rad too. It's painted with the tears of cancer patients.

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 9, 2014

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Gazhole posted:

I decided to venture outside Satan Worshipping Doom and bought Hippie Killer, and have the new one downloading from bandcamp as i type this. Reefer Sutherland is simultaneously melting me and making me laugh whenever i see the song title. I love it.

Check out Kamni: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04_lL1dy7t4
Conan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_e9im72HQ
and since you dig the instrumental try Judd Madden (one guy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqiKARuznQ

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

It's painted with the tears of cancer patients.

Oh what.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

...and a squashed kitten's blood.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Yeah, the full layout of Miserable is pretty rad too. It's painted with the tears of cancer patients.

Holy poo poo.

Also, seconding the love for "Burt Reynolds", that track is incredible.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I've found Toner Low is pretty similar to Bongripper.

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

Modest Mauser fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 22, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Okay I'm watching this band Lo Pan right now open for Weedeater. What the gently caress is up with these vocals? Completely ruins this band IMO.

E: you guys he's ruining some drat good riffs :(

nerve fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 10, 2014

Gazhole
Jun 20, 2007

Them's some nice boots. Fo' thirty dollars yo' knows they's real leather
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Will check this stuff out!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Listened to the new Bongripper last night while cruising on Xanax and watching the NED-ARG match, :cheers:

Good poo poo. Into Ruin is some scary poo poo.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Anyone catching EHG in DC tonight?

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So, we're 7 months in, what's been your favourite S/D/S releases (albums or singles) of the year?
Slomatics - Estron
Conan - Blood Eagle
The Wounded Kings - Consolamentum
Pilgrim - II: Void Worship

And Bongripper, holy poo poo.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

According to IMDB, The Body is making an appearance in The Purge: Anarchy.

The Purge looks kinda dumb, but hey, it's really cool that The Body's getting some success.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The Body/The Haxan Cloak- I Shall Die Here
Thou- Heathen
Conan- Blood Eagle
Coffinworm- IV.I.VIII
Lord Mantis- Body Choke (wasn't into the album but that song is great)
Eyehategod- EHG
Graves at Sea/Sourvein- Split

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I still need to check out the new The Body, but Conan is easily my highlight of the year so far. I've played it so goddamn much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Idioteque Dance posted:

I still need to check out the new The Body.

Get on that ASAP, it's incredible

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

So, because I some sort of slacker, I've yet to hear anything by Thou. As Heathen was going for cheap on Amazon, I've just ordered myself a copy. Given all the good talk from this thread, I'm sure I'll love it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this where I'd talk about the new Boris album? Because Jesus Christ, I'm listening to it for the first time now and it's melting my face off. It's less noisy than pretty much all their previous stuff that I've heard, but it's not any less incredible. I'm not even finished my first listen of it and I can already safely say that this is one of my favorite albums of the year. I just finished Angel and everything I've heard so far just straight up owns. Now I'm really upset that they aren't coming here on the tour for this album :smith:

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is this where I'd talk about the new Boris album? Because Jesus Christ, I'm listening to it for the first time now and it's melting my face off. It's less noisy than pretty much all their previous stuff that I've heard, but it's not any less incredible. I'm not even finished my first listen of it and I can already safely say that this is one of my favorite albums of the year. I just finished Angel and everything I've heard so far just straight up owns. Now I'm really upset that they aren't coming here on the tour for this album :smith:

Boris, Thou, and Big Business are the albums that I basically had on repeat for days after release.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
On that note, I can't wait to see Boris with Subrosa and The Atlas Moth in a couple weeks :hellyeah:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I can't stop listening to Quicksilver. Does anyone have a translation of the lyrics? Anyway it's loving great.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Optimum Gulps posted:

On that note, I can't wait to see Boris with Subrosa and The Atlas Moth in a couple weeks :hellyeah:

Holy poo poo, THAT's who's opening on this tour? I didn't think I could be more excited.

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Velocirocktor posted:

Holy poo poo, THAT's who's opening on this tour? I didn't think I could be more excited.

I know! When I first checked my local venue's website, it just said Boris. Went back about a week later to make sure I was mentioning the correct date to a friend of mine, and I saw the openers posted...so excited.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Velocirocktor posted:

I pushed my move-out date further out so that I can see this line-up. It's amazing.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

DroneRiff posted:

So, because I some sort of slacker, I've yet to hear anything by Thou. As Heathen was going for cheap on Amazon, I've just ordered myself a copy. Given all the good talk from this thread, I'm sure I'll love it.

It's a scary band to get deep into because they put out a new album every four days.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DroneRiff posted:

Also listen to The Body.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Or listen to the collab they did together Released From Love and get the best of both worlds.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

DroneRiff posted:

They have like 2/3 of their releases up on their website at http://noladiy.org/thoupast.html, and somemost of their albums and EPs bundled as albums on their Bandcamp at http://thou.bandcamp.com/. There's literally no excuse not to have a taste, even if you wind up wanting to throw your wallet at them.

I personally consider Tyrant and Peasant required listening, and the Oakland and Rendon EP collections on Bandcamp have some brilliant tracks.

rargphlam fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jul 13, 2014

kirkjames
Jul 23, 2005

The Body's solo albums are pretty loving boring for me, but both the collab albums they did are top-notch as far as crushing, slow music goes. The Haxan Cloak one is especially hateful.

Argali
Jun 24, 2004

I will be there to receive the new mind

kirkjames posted:

The Body's solo albums are pretty loving boring for me, but both the collab albums they did are top-notch as far as crushing, slow music goes. The Haxan Cloak one is especially hateful.

Agreed, I never boarded The Body's hype train. They're better when they're working with someone else - feels like they pull out of their own asses more.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

rargphlam posted:

They have like 2/3 of their releases up on their website at http://noladiy.org/thoupast.html, and somemost of their albums and EPs bundled as albums on their Bandcamp at http://thou.bandcamp.com/. There's literally no excuse not to have a taste, even if you wind up wanting to throw your wallet at them.

I personally consider Tyrant and Peasant required listening, and the Oakland and Rendon EP collections on Bandcamp have some brilliant tracks.

Jeeeeeeez. I've missed a lot of their stuff - personally I enjoyed Summit and The Archer & The Owle the most, but no doubt I'm missing on even better stuff.

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-
So, here's a new Electric Wizard track.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/electric-wizard-i-am-nothing-listen

I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

It's better than Legalise Drugs and Murder but I still can't help but feel like they're past their prime and their output after We Live has been kinda monotonous and dull.