Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Echoing the Fatal Labyrinth rec from above, Dragon Crystal for the Master System/Game Gear is quite similar yet different enough to make for a nice time of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Crystal

Also, for more Brogue-level nicely and going places well wrought Roguelike doings:

https://code.google.com/p/forays-into-norrendrin/ Been awhile since the last update, but each one has been nicely loaded

http://www.thegroundgivesway.com/ Recently released, latest addition being an online manual

ExiledTinkerer fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Bloodly posted:

Board game. Yes, I can see it.

I do wonder, though. Melee seems to get it in the neck. It can be very difficult to get enough speed to catch up to things actively trying to get away from you. And HP recovery itself is very, very low. Not in terms of the amounts the orbs give, but from the orbs showing up at all.

Of course, I also wish I could be a summoner without the hassle of 'Blocked by EXP'. It seems odd to have EXP be a resource that needs managing. It seems weird that your class skills have to share space with 'free skills'. It seems very easy to end in a situation where you have zero options(From what little I've seen of rogue-likes, this is rarely the case).

Chasing down a ranged enemy can be problematic if you only have melee attacks, for sure. I can usually chase them into a corner or just catch up with them eventually, but that often means alerting more enemies to join the fight.

I believe HP orbs only appear if you're already hurt. HP is definitely a resource you have to manage and not something you can just stand still to recover. Most of your healing comes from going to the next level, which is a complete recovery. If you're too hurt to fight any more, find your way to the exit. This will also respawn your dog, if you're a ranger.

Each game isn't actually very long, and I don't think any class lets you get more than one extra class skill, so I've never had zero options. Typically, by the end of a game, I've found a few extra skills to pick and choose from, and I leave the rest on the ground.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I wish we could get a portable Stone Crawl

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I wish we could get a portable Stone Crawl

There is an android version.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Helical Nightmares posted:

If I remember correctly the general consensus is to get The Pit-Gold and the Mindgames dlc.

I really like The Pit and find myself coming back to it despite its flaws.
Yes and :hfive:

Getting the newest DLC is a good idea too.

Also the Shepherd is a pretty drat powerful character.
He sure is! His only real weakness is the increased hunger rate, which gets tricky when you use your Psi Powers a lot since every cast adds a bit of hunger. Granted, he's also a bit frail when you get past floor 20, but if the drops are kind to you that can be overcome. Taking control of Zuuls is also a huge help when you start to meet the larger variants. Robots will still be the number one pain in the rear end though.

For reference, I could only get to level 10 with the Marine on Easy
Whoa, the marine should easily be able to bring you farther than that :v:

Back in the day when we had only three classes, the marine was pretty much the "win game" class. His high combat skills and starting gear meant that you could tear through the early game, while pumping all his bad stats so that you could get sweet drops and ace the important skill checks. Nowadays he's a much harder class, but still a good choice for beginners. The trick is to level his combat skills(pistol and blade) from the start, so that you can get much more mileage out of your basic weapons. At the same time, get forage to 40(for the first loot dice breakpoint), and get Psi resist to 20(for the psi def power). Having Psi def is required or you'll get murdered by the various foes that can put fear/stun on you. It's not guaranteed to work, but the best thing you'll get. Psy will always be a huge weakness, and there is a recipe for "Hum Gum" which insta cures a lot of mental conditions. Pretty much a required item for the marine.

Other than that, don't get forage too high because you can't afford to squander points on it. If you reach 60 with your skill boni(brains), leave it there. You'll have less supplies than other classes, but can make more of each bullet at the same time. It's much better to invest in mechanical/electronics/computers by that point. You'll never be awesome at the later two skills, but getting all three to 60 should be a goal. And then up to 80 if you can manage it. Attributes rank Might>Finesse>Brains>Power imo. Might is your best stat, and you should prioritize it. Finesse makes you better at hitting with guns and also gives a damage boost, so it's obvious why you should also raise it. Brains should be raised to 50 and then be left alone. This will at least give you a chance to spot more floor traps(loving wormholes), passive skil boni and a bit more psi def. Power only relates to your psi pool/powers and should be completely ignored.

Your biggest weakness is having an Xp penalty, so you need to kill more enemies to keep up with the curve. However, it's a bad idea to clear full floors once you get past 15 or 20, so you will stay under the curve eventually. This is partly countered by your high weapons skills from the start, but your utility skills will stay under the curve for skill checks by that point. You're at the mercy of the RNG, deal with it. Once in a blue moon you may find enough drops to still clear floors at that point, but don't count on it. And the other problem is that you have to rely on what you can find, because the marine will never be good at using psi offense skills. If you're too trigger happy, or waste the durability of your armor or melee weapons, you're hosed when the floors get tougher.

Aside from that, a lot of being successful has to do with knowledge of the game and little tricks. For instance, my early strat is taking my armor off and not using it until I'm at least on floor ten(15 if I'm lucky). Armor drops are rare as hell, and you need that vest to carry you eventually. I'm also stingy with my weapons, and only get a single pistol and blade kill for each early character level. This makes the skill cheaper to raise on the level up, but saves ammo&dura for later. The marine is tough enough to punch most early enemies with his bare hands. Of course you sometimes meet something tougher, so that isn't an iron rule, but a generally good idea. Also you'll always be bad at crafting, so take note of what things have low checks and still help you. Lockpicks for instance can be made easily and give a little but useful boost. And making various sandwiches or simple dishes based around cooked meat will keep you from starving. If you can score items that give boni to your bad skill checks, hang on to them at any cost!

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 9, 2014

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Farquar posted:

I've been playing a lot of Cardinal Quest 2 lately. Lots of things to unlock and lots of achievements to work towards.

I really like how low all the stats are. It makes gaining 1 defense or attack feel like something significant. It just seems easier to wrap my head around than games that add 24 to armor stat whenever you level or whatever. Almost has a boardgame like feel.

I didn't care for the original cardinal quest, but I man if this sequel isn't great! I love how ever class I've played so far has their own unique play style. I normally dislike playing stealthy characters but I'm really enjoying the thief.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

doctorfrog posted:

This still really bothers me. I don't think I've ever used a wand of empowerment because weapons are forever, allies are temporary. I've even had trolls fall to pieces within a level or two, and shepherding allies past every eel pond is just a pain.

Well you can bring your ally into the treasure vault, zap the wand, drop it, then go pick up whatever you want. However this requires having an ally at the same time you find a vault with a wand of empowerment - a surprisingly rare experience.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Is there a way to purge Discord from your allies? Negation probably could, but would remove their special abilities as well. I remember getting a pretty beefy troll pack in Brogue only to have them all slaughter each other at the first pixie.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

RoboCicero posted:

Is there a way to purge Discord from your allies? Negation probably could, but would remove their special abilities as well. I remember getting a pretty beefy troll pack in Brogue only to have them all slaughter each other at the first pixie.

I'd like to know too, though I doubt it. Like paralyze, confuse, burning, poison, and other status effects, monsters just have to survive through it. Personally I murder every pixie I see the second I see it, especially if I'm shepherding allies through a level.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I tried the Pit demo after reading about it in here and it seems to be a pretty awesome game so far!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I think what might take some of the sting out of losing so many dang games of Brogue would be a ghost arena. I would like to see my top-30 scoring ghosts beat the poo poo out of each other.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Unless the undocumented features are really cool (which, in fairness, they might be) this release looks like total rear end. Tons of new stuff for Adventure Mode, which remains nothing but a weird curiosity that gets boring after half an hour if you've ever played a traditional roguelike, crippling FPS issues for fortresses, all utilities and mods broken as per usual... oh, but we get big trees. :geno:

A lot of the meat for Fortress mode is beneath the hood. For starters Dwarfs act completely different and have a new emotion system, they also are more people to do important tasks it seems. World Gen got a lot of work so a lot more happens now while the game is running throughout the world. I assume he does this because it affects you with regards to invasions. New creatures were also added I believe and with the new conversation/emotion system invasions should behave differently. However this also comes with its share of bugs and many a dwarf ATM has been killed or maimed due to falling out of a tree.

Also anyone know of a game with an actually not horrible and mind crushingly dull crafting system? All this Pit talk got me thinking about is creating and then Dredmors crafting. I kind wanna play a game where it's not that bad. Teleglitches was nice afaicr.

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 12, 2014

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The new DF update made it hard to deal with corpses. Dwarves will just drop their jobs when they see a corpse due to the shock, including burial jobs and refuse dumping.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

McFrugal posted:

The new DF update made it hard to deal with corpses. Dwarves will just drop their jobs when they see a corpse due to the shock, including burial jobs and refuse dumping.

:v:: Doop doop doop, gotta go bury Urist, hum de hum, wonder how long I have to wait until I can go for a drinking break aga OH MY GOD IT'S URIST HE'S DEAD RUN FOR THE HILLS :supaburn:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

:v:: Doop doop doop, gotta go bury Urist, hum de hum, wonder how long I have to wait until I can go for a drinking break aga OH MY GOD IT'S URIST HE'S DEAD RUN FOR THE HILLS :supaburn:

This sounds completely reasonable in the context of Dwarf Fortress

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is your guys opinion of http://keeperrl.com/ It kind of looks a lot like dwarf fortress, but significantly less buggy.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

oriongates posted:

I picked up One-Way Heroics during the steam summer sale...does it seem really easy for a roguelike, or am I just that amazing? Since I've picked it up I've now beaten the game at least once with every class, recruited all but one sidekick and gotten all three endings. From the description I was expecting a game that would be kicking my rear end, combining what looked like a fairly traditional RL with the advancing doom screen.

Which is not to say it wasn't fun, and certainly worth the pocket change I paid for it on the steam sale.

Yeah OWH is not the hardest game in the world. I assume you were playing on the hardest difficulty with Maniac Mode on? If so, then maybe select one of the daily challenge paths with more monsters for added Fun. Plus, playing the game without the Dimensional Vault makes it a very different experience. Rather than filling in the equipment gaps with old items you're forced to basically live off the land.

Old post, but worth replying to! And apparently the developer is working on a new iteration called One Way Heroics Plus with more perks, more classes, and more stuff.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Prop Wash posted:

Yeah OWH is not the hardest game in the world. I assume you were playing on the hardest difficulty with Maniac Mode on? If so, then maybe select one of the daily challenge paths with more monsters for added Fun. Plus, playing the game without the Dimensional Vault makes it a very different experience. Rather than filling in the equipment gaps with old items you're forced to basically live off the land.

Old post, but worth replying to! And apparently the developer is working on a new iteration called One Way Heroics Plus with more perks, more classes, and more stuff.

At this point I've actually gone through and basically dragged out every ounce of experience from the game. I have all 44 achievements. The actual gameplay was quite fun and addictive (I certainly would not have played it so thoroughly if I didn't enjoy it) but since it was so easy to beat and there were few unique class abilities, enemies or equipment you run out of variety fairly quickly.

So I'll certainly look forwards to a new version, especially if it includes significant extra content.

madjackmcmad
May 27, 2008

Look, I'm startin' to believe some of the stuff the cult guy's been saying, it's starting to make a lot of sense.

Turtlicious posted:

What is your guys opinion of http://keeperrl.com/ It kind of looks a lot like dwarf fortress, but significantly less buggy.

I played the version he had out during his Indiegogo campaign. It's pretty fun, far simpler than DF but depending on what you want to play, that could be exactly right. Being able to rassle up a party of summoned ogres, goblins and undeads to ride out at night and raise hell in farms and elven towns was really fun. I'm not sure where he's aiming in terms of depth and complexity but the version I played was relatively light.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I finally managed to finish a 100% UV run of DoomRL, and promptly finished it up with a full-clear 100% UV Angel of Marksmanship run on top. Now maybe I can stop playing it for good.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

How?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He deletes the file dummy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Come on, you need 100% UV Angel of Berserk in those accomplishments as well.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Come on, you need 100% UV Angel of Berserk in those accomplishments as well.

Archangel of 666. Do it!

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Do it, play the forbidden hell difficulty.

DO IT

*Shudders* I don't know how the hell people 100% Nightmare!. It was hard enough just to clear N! at all.

German Joey
Dec 18, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Archangel of 666. Do it!

I tried to do an UV Archangel of 666 run right after that version came out, and I wanted to kill myself IRL a little after floor 200. Its pretty fun for awhile running around with perfect equips (e.g. phaseshift cerebus armor (P) + phaseshift antigrav boots (A), Malek's + cerebus boots for backup, juggling an F hyperblaster and an F nanomachinic laser rifle), but then every floor is the same, nothing ever poses a threat, and levels just start to blur together... ended up just never booting up DoomRL again. Seriously, if you're addicted to that game and want to quit, there's no better way to kill your enthusiasm than an Ao666 run.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
If (if) I ever go for AAo666, I will most definitely start diving once I get the really good gear going, because seriously gently caress that.

AAo666 100% runs should be banned as a form of torture.

... I wonder if anyone has ever done 100% N! AAo666, and how much medical treatment they need.

Imagine a Doomguy, stabbing people who are in a doorway, forever.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SageAcrin posted:

If (if) I ever go for AAo666, I will most definitely start diving once I get the really good gear going, because seriously gently caress that.

AAo666 100% runs should be banned as a form of torture.

... I wonder if anyone has ever done 100% N! AAo666, and how much medical treatment they need.

Imagine a Doomguy, stabbing people who are in a doorway, forever.

Is there still the feature that lets you apply dual challenge modes? 100% Nightmare Archangel of 666 Archangel of Light Travel.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The first time around I used a shotgun Badass Army-of-the-Dead Marine who found a super shotgun. The second time I got very lucky and had a energy combat pistol, Lava Armor and cerberus boots which basically allowed me to trivialize the rest of the game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So is the key to enjoying Bionic Dues having some way to instantly murder all blunderbots before they get anywhere near you? Because it seems like they're the main thing that ever kills me since they do about twice as much damage as any of the starting bots have hp.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

dis astranagant posted:

So is the key to enjoying Bionic Dues having some way to instantly murder all blunderbots before they get anywhere near you? Because it seems like they're the main thing that ever kills me since they do about twice as much damage as any of the starting bots have hp.
As far as I can tell Bionic Dues becomes all about one-shotting enemies before they can fire, usually by abusing any combination of +area of effect, +range, and +damage . This is also the reason my play falls apart whenever I try a higher difficulty than normal since the standard strategy of "explode everything instantly" falls off after the first few days.

I do wish Bionic Dues got the same patch cycle as AI War or The Last Federation -- the Brawler suuuuucks (shaped AoE isn't great when regular AoE deals more damage more reliably at better range). They did release an update on July 3rd which is nice, I thought it was totally abandoned.

e: The updates are just steamworks integration and some additional difficulty options, so, nevermind, it's pretty much abandoned

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 17, 2014

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah Arcen acknowledged that it didn't really sell well enough to continue working on it, so it's abandoned: http://arcengames.com/followup-to-last-years-ai-war-postmortem-now-discussing-bionic-tlf-etc/

It's weird though, because they made it sound like they hosed up only the marketing portion of the release. It sounds like they're finding their groove with space-based games though. They make some really odd design decisions...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, can't be an Arcen game without something just completely :psyduck: on a fundamental level that they don't notice til it's too late for them to want to change.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So uh, I tried playing ToME. Started as a Dwarf Berserker, had no trouble with the tutorial dungeon or whatever, and noticed I had an orb of auto-id. Kindof weird, but okay, I went down into the mushroom forest mines(?) and killed the gimmick boss at the bottom no problem. Then I go into the world map and EVERY LOCATION spawns enemies like 8 levels above me. Almost every fight against more than one enemy results in me dipping below half health, sometimes from a single attack. The only thing saving me is the Vitality talent, which regenerates health rather quickly. None of my active skills seem to really do anything special aside from the AoE abilities. Still, I can survive. Of course I also made the mistake of taking a quest in the first town I got to which told me to go to the graveyard and investigate a missing woman. Turns out to be something I have to kill in there, and I barely manage it. Then a bunch of elites 10 levels above me show up and summon crap on top of me and I blow 3 lives before telling the guy to spawn me somewhere else. After that I get sucked into a couple of random encounters, do the same sort of barely-surviving poo poo, and eventually decide to go into a Temporal Rift. More brushes with death later I get attacked by a goddamn DRAGON 10 levels above me alongside a group of like 6 other similarly-overleveled nasties in a map type that is almost entirely corridors. So yeah, I die another two times and I have no more lives left.

Does Berserker just loving suck, or is ToME supposed to be this brutal? I got to level 12. That's it. Couldn't find a single respawning enemy or an area near my level. It was ALL seemingly out of depth poo poo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

So uh, I tried playing ToME. Started as a Dwarf Berserker, had no trouble with the tutorial dungeon or whatever, and noticed I had an orb of auto-id. Kindof weird, but okay, I went down into the mushroom forest mines(?) and killed the gimmick boss at the bottom no problem. Then I go into the world map and EVERY LOCATION spawns enemies like 8 levels above me. Almost every fight against more than one enemy results in me dipping below half health, sometimes from a single attack. The only thing saving me is the Vitality talent, which regenerates health rather quickly. None of my active skills seem to really do anything special aside from the AoE abilities. Still, I can survive. Of course I also made the mistake of taking a quest in the first town I got to which told me to go to the graveyard and investigate a missing woman. Turns out to be something I have to kill in there, and I barely manage it. Then a bunch of elites 10 levels above me show up and summon crap on top of me and I blow 3 lives before telling the guy to spawn me somewhere else. After that I get sucked into a couple of random encounters, do the same sort of barely-surviving poo poo, and eventually decide to go into a Temporal Rift. More brushes with death later I get attacked by a goddamn DRAGON 10 levels above me alongside a group of like 6 other similarly-overleveled nasties in a map type that is almost entirely corridors. So yeah, I die another two times and I have no more lives left.

Does Berserker just loving suck, or is ToME supposed to be this brutal? I got to level 12. That's it. Couldn't find a single respawning enemy or an area near my level. It was ALL seemingly out of depth poo poo.

Tome dungeons are tiered but the only way to find that out in game is via the quest journal you have little other reason to touch. Typically you want to do Norgo's Lair and Trollmire first, then hit up Derth for some free generic points, and then decide whether or not you feel like doing the rest of the t1 dungeons (heart of gloom, rhaloren camp, scintillating caves, ruins of kor'pul). At this point most of the map is technically in depth, though you may find some orders easier than others.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

McFrugal posted:

There's a thread on ToME; starting there will give you some basic guidance. As dis astranagant said though, you need to hit the lower tier dungeons instead of the super high ones. This is a bit tricky as a dwarf when it's your first time playing since you're in a part of the map with higher level dungeons rather than lower. It's trivial to get to the lower level dungeons, you just have to know they exist.

Also, the world map where dungeons are located is almost completely fixed every game, with only a few minor things changing, so once you know where the key stuff is, you can get to it every time without any hassle.

If it's any consolation, it sounds like you went to the graveyard, which is a hilariously lethal area, followed by Daikara (and the Temporal Rift!) which are also hilariously lethal early game. Honestly, congratulations on surviving that long in those areas at that level!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Bouchacha posted:

Yeah Arcen acknowledged that it didn't really sell well enough to continue working on it, so it's abandoned: http://arcengames.com/followup-to-last-years-ai-war-postmortem-now-discussing-bionic-tlf-etc/

It's weird though, because they made it sound like they hosed up only the marketing portion of the release. It sounds like they're finding their groove with space-based games though. They make some really odd design decisions...

It's not fair to say it's abandoned, though they are paying much more attention to their solid earners. AI War and The Last Federation are probably going to get expansions before anything significant comes out for BD, and those are probably only happening once their new 4X starts shaping up. It will be a while, and it's not definite, but the desire is there.

http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,15409.msg170591.html#msg170591

edit: ya know what, I take that back, I read the main dev's post and it really does look like he's written it off. That's too drat bad, Bionic Dues could really shape up with some more attention.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 17, 2014

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Dirk the Average posted:

There's a thread on ToME; starting there will give you some basic guidance. As dis astranagant said though, you need to hit the lower tier dungeons instead of the super high ones. This is a bit tricky as a dwarf when it's your first time playing since you're in a part of the map with higher level dungeons rather than lower. It's trivial to get to the lower level dungeons, you just have to know they exist.

Also, the world map where dungeons are located is almost completely fixed every game, with only a few minor things changing, so once you know where the key stuff is, you can get to it every time without any hassle.

If it's any consolation, it sounds like you went to the graveyard, which is a hilariously lethal area, followed by Daikara (and the Temporal Rift!) which are also hilariously lethal early game. Honestly, congratulations on surviving that long in those areas at that level!

Well, that explains the difficulty. I did hit the thief hideout and slaver compound before gibbing myself on the dragon (well, more its entourage than the dragon itself). It probably helped that I found a really good unique lightning greathammer early on and got a rune of healing that healed me for 100 health every time I used it. Then I found an even better, unique ultra-light greatsword.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Dirk the Average posted:

lol, the graveyard is a huge noobie trap. It's kinda mean that you can access it so early, because it has all the signs of an early quest that you should do. And then you get owned without mercy. Even advanced characters will have a hard time with the random elites that can spawn from the coffins, and may the gods help you if you trigger the boss without clearing the coffins first. I usually go there in my mid twenties, and then decide if I can deal after fighting one of the elites. Another mean quest is the random tunnel with the girl and chanting. Everytime when I get it I know that I shouldn't take it(except when I have huge corruption res), but I do it anyway because I'm stubborn. Then I lose a life to all the mages and ditch it. I've only cleared it once so far, and it was with a pretty powerful Wyrmic that had enough res through his equipment.

McFrugal posted:

Well, that explains the difficulty. I did hit the thief hideout and slaver compound before gibbing myself on the dragon (well, more its entourage than the dragon itself). It probably helped that I found a really good unique lightning greathammer early on and got a rune of healing that healed me for 100 health every time I used it. Then I found an even better, unique ultra-light greatsword.
As the others said, check out the Tome thead in the games forum. Once you understand the order of the tier 1-3 zones, you can start to die for real and learn how to build your char and what equipment you need to hang on to :v:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
What good roguelikes are there for Android that aren't Hoplite or Pixel Dungeon?