Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
The other day I was on server 2 I believe with about 6 to 8 other players. I happened to be the captain that round and hanging out at the bar when someone announced over the radio that my spare ID wasn't in my office. I hauled back to my office to see this guy closing the hatch on my door and whining that my ID wasnt there. I proceeded to flash him, drag him to security (since we had no security staff), strip him and throw him in the brig for all of 30 seconds for breaking and entering.

During this whole thing the guy proceeded to cry about it over the radio to where other people started calling me shitcurity and stating that they were going to kill me. Even after I checked to see if he had taken anything and gave the guy his belongings back they didn't let it go.

Why is it actually using the brig people spin into a new level of rage even when they are not involved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Today, as the AI, I have seen a truly mystical wonder. A traitor and mindslave were arrested, without being killed. Put on trial. There was no admin enforcement involved to maintain order. Security presented a coherent account of the traitor's crimes, with evidence (this included blowing up genetics and engineering and, worse, killing Jones). Then the jury (of three) unanimously convicted. The trial concluded without a riot. Miracles do happen.

Unfortunately, the traitor escaped before he could be executed via electric chair, though the mindslave had the implant removed by a doctor. The traitor eventually died when he purposefully jumped into the space where the escape shuttle appears and let it gib him.

Zhar the Mad was also a traitor in that round, who attacked the cargo bay with an artillery pod towards the very end. I managed to track him for a while when he was doing chemistry stuff. I couldn't harm him because he was human, but I was tempted to fill his beaker with sodium and water to give him a little surprise. I don't know if the AI is capable of using the chem dispensers like that, though.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently doing anything related to security's real job = :qqsay:~~SHITCURITY~~

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
Ugh yeah. The other night I had some shitlorde Randy Archer cry at me for taking his headset away after he lied about me injecting him with unstable mutagen. If you're gonna try to incite a riot you can sit quietly in your loving cell you and I'm not gonna feel bad.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Montegoraon posted:

Today, as the AI, I have seen a truly mystical wonder. A traitor and mindslave were arrested, without being killed. Put on trial. There was no admin enforcement involved to maintain order. Security presented a coherent account of the traitor's crimes, with evidence (this included blowing up genetics and engineering and, worse, killing Jones). Then the jury (of three) unanimously convicted. The trial concluded without a riot. Miracles do happen.

Unfortunately, the traitor escaped before he could be executed via electric chair, though the mindslave had the implant removed by a doctor. The traitor eventually died when he purposefully jumped into the space where the escape shuttle appears and let it gib him.

Zhar the Mad was also a traitor in that round, who attacked the cargo bay with an artillery pod towards the very end. I managed to track him for a while when he was doing chemistry stuff. I couldn't harm him because he was human, but I was tempted to fill his beaker with sodium and water to give him a little surprise. I don't know if the AI is capable of using the chem dispensers like that, though.

He didn't escape; the mindslave implant removed from the captain was used on the traitor, and he was made to confess his crimes. After that we agreed (over the security channel) to let him go free, since he was still mindslaved, and commanded him to be a productive member of society. I was kind of hoping his mindslave would wear off before the shuttle so he could try pulling a little more mischief, but in the end it was a really surprising wrapup to his traitorous activities.

Noah Buttes kept breaking into the courtroom and generally being a nuisance, though that's generally what he does.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Admiral Funk posted:

Ugh yeah. The other night I had some shitlorde Randy Archer cry at me for taking his headset away after he lied about me injecting him with unstable mutagen. If you're gonna try to incite a riot you can sit quietly in your loving cell you and I'm not gonna feel bad.

Randy Archer is just hilariously terrible and I usually make a point of harmlessly teasing him whenever I can.

People get really mad when Security confiscates headsets, because that can sometimes be a lovely thing to do. It isn't when the person is actively trying to incite crime from the brig, though. The best is if you disposal the headset in front of them. They know full goddamn well that there are replacement headsets but they will always go completely nuclear anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Angry Diplomat posted:

Randy Archer is just hilariously terrible and I usually make a point of harmlessly teasing him whenever I can.

People get really mad when Security confiscates headsets, because that can sometimes be a lovely thing to do. It isn't when the person is actively trying to incite crime from the brig, though. The best is if you disposal the headset in front of them. They know full goddamn well that there are replacement headsets but they will always go completely nuclear anyway.

It can be annoying if it's a department-specific or Command one, because I don't think those can be replaced.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
So yesterday I played as the barkeeper and witnessed the chef making werewolf serum within the first 60 seconds of round start. Did they make the recipe a lot easier or did I witness admin hacks?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It can be annoying if it's a department-specific or Command one, because I don't think those can be replaced.

I thought the Customs office had a few of those. Regardless, if they're really such a big bad criminal, they can mug a co-worker for a new one or just make do with a regular headset :colbert:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

With the help of mechanics they can. The bridge also has a bunch of department specific headsets in a crate.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Admiral Funk posted:

Man, I really wish he'd just hurry up and mellow out already. Earlier, he got mad that the doctors were coming into Chemistry to make meds on the chem machines the one scientist in Chemistry wasn't using, and closed the shutters to keep all non-scientists out.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's spares of all of them on the bridge except the Command one, but let's be honest, the only frequencies anyone uses are Security and Engineering anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schnugaf posted:

So yesterday I played as the barkeeper and witnessed the chef making werewolf serum within the first 60 seconds of round start. Did they make the recipe a lot easier or did I witness admin hacks?

Probably admin magic. Werewolf serum is very, very complex.

Razage
Nov 12, 2007

I'm sorry,
I can't hear you over the sound of how HIP I am.

Montegoraon posted:

Haha, you knew?! Why did you keep opening doors for me? I thought I had done a good job of hiding my identity. Nobody else seemed to know until I started shot gunning the shuttle at the end.

That was my first ever arty pod, it was short lived though. I made the mistake of blowing up a pod right next to me =(

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mash posted:

Anyone else remember when these were all the rage?

Most of them were lost with waffleimages. I stumbled across the masterpiece below trying to locate the rest of the propaganda posters. It's either Supernorn or A0Refrigerator that made it.

Shroomstation in its natural state

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 9, 2014

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.

Donnerberg posted:

Didn't someone make a similar image for donut2? nevermind, I'm an idiot, I was thinking of this exact image.

Skwid fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 9, 2014

nepereta
Aug 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Theres a Food vending machine ( with 20 dans of each kind) , a medical vend, a booze vend, some ??? Pills, a chem vend + a fridge full of crap all in close proximity. I'd imagine the list of things you can't create inside of 10 minutes is quite small expecially if you ace the RNG with the ??? and the Dans. That said I have no idea what werewolf consists of. Running around in the nude eating people has never been my gig.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

nepereta posted:

Running around in the nude eating people has never been my gig.

What heresy is this?!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

nepereta posted:

Theres a Food vending machine ( with 20 dans of each kind) , a medical vend, a booze vend, some ??? Pills, a chem vend + a fridge full of crap all in close proximity. I'd imagine the list of things you can't create inside of 10 minutes is quite small expecially if you ace the RNG with the ??? and the Dans. That said I have no idea what werewolf consists of. Running around in the nude eating people has never been my gig.

I know a few of the things in Werewolf Serum, and I can guarantee you that even all of those reagent sources combined only amount to around two of its fourteen ingredients at best. Werewolf Serum requires some chems that take a substantial effort to obtain, so getting it legitimately within ten minutes - nevermind one minute - is patently absurd. Schnugaf likely witnessed adminhax.

That said, there is one way to see early Werewolf Serum regularly: a Wizard may sometimes conjure a Golem of it out of one of his (randomly generated) beans. One of the most hilarious ways for a Wizard to die is for someone to robust the Golem, inhale its smoke and tear into the Wizard the first chance he gets.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 9, 2014

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It sounds like daerens work, he loves to go chef werewolf I've noticed :v:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Razage posted:

Haha, you knew?! Why did you keep opening doors for me? I thought I had done a good job of hiding my identity. Nobody else seemed to know until I started shot gunning the shuttle at the end.

That was my first ever arty pod, it was short lived though. I made the mistake of blowing up a pod right next to me =(

I only "knew" in the sense that someone had announced it over the intercom. That hardly constitutes as proof, right? I mean, just that very round, security managed to put together an amazingly detailed case (for this game) and convict a traitor in, it bears repeating, the first successful trial I have ever seen. Since I didn't "know" that you were a traitor, it's not like I "knew" with certainty what would happen after you reached that shuttle. That's my story and I'm sticking by it. :colbert:

Dr. Cogwerks
Oct 28, 2006

all I need is a grant and Project :roboluv: is go

hailthefish posted:

Apparently doing anything related to security's real job = :qqsay:~~SHITCURITY~~

Anyone who yells "shitcurity" is fair game for public shaming. Throw them into the defendant booth in the courtroom (from security) so people can laugh at them. Alternatively, give them a bunch of swirlies in any toilet on station.

Regarding headsets - if a prisoner is being respectful or at least amusingly grouchy, let them keep their headset so they can hear what's going on elsewhere on the station. If they're screaming SHITCURITY and trying to incite a riot, feel free to confiscate their headset and add more brig time for inciting riots. There's an intercom in there so they can still easily communicate if they bother looking around the room. If this makes them hate the server and quit playing, heh, good riddance.

Things like bucklecuffing, straight jackets, muzzles, or stuffing prisoners inside lockers should really only be done if that player is a gigantic pain in the rear end who clearly won't give up until you are dead. If they're gonna throw a giant fuckin' baby tantrum, I'd have to say I really don't care what security does to them. Use discretion though and don't just go hog wild on everyone who breaks a window.

Dr. Cogwerks fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 9, 2014

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds

nepereta posted:

I say this as a person who used to speedrun incomplete serum: it is not possible, especially as the chef, to make full ww serum in less than a minute. Not even in 10 minutes. It's far, far too complicated.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I keep playing this even though I have little to no idea what I'm doing. Is IRC the place for "How do I...?" questions or is that better to ask in mentorhelp (for things not specifically mentioned on the wiki)?

My last four rounds have been:
- accidentally spacing myself soon after landing on the arrival shuttle
- wandering around trying to find things to do, finding some dead bodies and stuffing them into disposal bins
- zapping myself trying to break into rooms to which I do not have sufficient access (this happened in back to back rounds)

For some reason I really like Botany.

:allears:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

TheDK posted:

I keep playing this even though I have little to no idea what I'm doing. Is IRC the place for "How do I...?" questions or is that better to ask in mentorhelp (for things not specifically mentioned on the wiki)?

- wandering around trying to find things to do, finding some dead bodies and stuffing them into disposal bins
- zapping myself trying to break into rooms to which I do not have sufficient access (this happened in back to back rounds)

As far as I know, it's all good, but for anything IC like "How do I use my changeling powers?" Mentorhelp that poo poo.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

TheDK posted:

http://wiki.ss13.co/

Your number one goto for all your guides and robusting.

e: And if you get a new job or new traitor role, lock yourself into a locker and open the guide for it.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

TheDK posted:

People will probably appreciate having their bodies taken to medbay instead of gibbed or trapped in disposals.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Botany is a pretty zen job assignment. There's a fair bit of complexity to it if you want to be a pro botanist, but the basics are quite simple to pick up and you can easily spend a whole round tending your hobby garden and being left alone by most of the psychopathic crew. It's a really low-stress environment most of the time, and the rest of the time, it's a cartoonishly over-the-top deathtrap that you can't help but laugh at.

Comic posted:

People will probably appreciate having their bodies taken to medbay instead of gibbed or trapped in disposals.

This, however, is good advice. Bring corpses to medbay so they can be cloned or borged. Barring that, at least bring them to the kitchen and the cook will make food out of them. Better than leaving them to rot in a disposal chute somewhere.

nepereta
Aug 9, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

I know a few of the things in Werewolf Serum, and I can guarantee you that even all of those reagent sources combined only amount to around two of its fourteen ingredients at best. Werewolf Serum requires some chems that take a substantial effort to obtain, so getting it legitimately within ten minutes - nevermind one minute - is patently absurd. Schnugaf likely witnessed adminhax.

That said, there is one way to see early Werewolf Serum regularly: a Wizard may sometimes conjure a Golem of it out of one of his (randomly generated) beans. One of the most hilarious ways for a Wizard to die is for someone to robust the Golem, inhale its smoke and tear into the Wizard the first chance he gets.

wow really? thats why we aren't swamped by werewolves. Kinda glad the secret chems even when discovered take an age to make.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Real place to bring corpses is the kitchen. Real chefs give you a burger for every corpse you bring them.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
This is exactly why when I play wizard I warp to a place with a reagent extractor, taking all the beans, and find out what they are, because an ice spider golem is going to be robust as gently caress... but a life reagent would work better with lovely Bill blood.

Also werewolf wizard would just be loving brutal. Is that possible to do?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

This is exactly why when I play wizard I warp to a place with a reagent extractor, taking all the beans, and find out what they are, because an ice spider golem is going to be robust as gently caress... but a life reagent would work better with lovely Bill blood.

Also werewolf wizard would just be loving brutal. Is that possible to do?

afaik you would loose your clothing and only be a werewolf.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Wouldn't Soulguard still work, though? You could be a quasi-immortal werewolf who resurrects upon death. Also, I thought Phase Shift and/or Blink worked without wizard gear. I'm probably wrong.

Alternatively, Cluwne absolutely everyone and then create serum golems and see what happens when you create cluwnewolves.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Donnerberg posted:

Most of them were lost with waffleimages. I stumbled across the masterpiece below trying to locate the rest of the propaganda posters. It's either Supernorn or A0Refrigerator that made it.

Yeah, that was A0Refrigerator. I never saw this version where it's on fire though. Classy.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

TheDK posted:

One round, somebody had blew a hole in the side of security, so I walked inside and noticed a borg stealing all the security supplies. I whipped out my toolkit and was breaking through the window when I realized I didn't have any insulated gloves on. "gently caress it", I thought, "I'll just snip the grill, eat the shock, and be back up soon enough."

So at this point a security guard comes in to watch what's going on. I say "Hey, wanna see something cool?", and right as I snip the grate I yell "ZAP!"

Nothing happened. It was an unpowered grate. I was disappointed, until the guard walked over and smacked me in the face with his stun baton. The borg then calmly took his locker of ill-gotten-goods and dragged it away while the guard said mean things to me. :v:

Edit: Best part, the borg was named "Syndicate Mediborg." :allears:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

First changeling round in forever.
1st off why does everyone need to be in QM right now.
2nd the port a brig is bullshit.
3rd God dammit, the one round where security is a little bit competent.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

One round, somebody had blew a hole in the side of security, so I walked inside and noticed a borg stealing all the security supplies. I whipped out my toolkit and was breaking through the window when I realized I didn't have any insulated gloves on. "gently caress it", I thought, "I'll just snip the grill, eat the shock, and be back up soon enough."

So at this point a security guard comes in to watch what's going on. I say "Hey, wanna see something cool?", and right as I snip the grate I yell "ZAP!"

Nothing happened. It was an unpowered grate. I was disappointed, until the guard walked over and smacked me in the face with his stun baton. The borg then calmly took his locker of ill-gotten-goods and dragged it away while the guard said mean things to me. :v:

Edit: Best part, the borg was named "Syndicate Mediborg." :allears:

I was that borg. I was afraid I was going to lose my loot so I doubletimed it, then I saw the security guard focused entirely on you and I made a run for it. I was glad I gave someone some entertainment.
There was a law telling us to loot and plunder and be pirates and it overrode all other laws. So I did exactly that, and I cleared out security, the armory, toxins lab, part of chemistry, EVA, The bridge?, and a few other places.
At that time the AI had gone braindead but was still logged in so we got our laws reset a few minutes before the shuttle came.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 9, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh dear

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
So, uh, how can I get that drunk

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'll say, there's a dead bee there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is