Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

ApexAftermath posted:

Any chance in the future you guys might port over One of These Nights by the Eagles from GH DLC or is that still no go since the GHtoRB guys are done?

We absolutely still do GH conversions (I did "Get Over It" just a little while ago), you just need to find someone willing to do that particular song. I have a bunch of long-overdue stuff on my plate or I'd hook you up myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010

ApexAftermath posted:

Marvelous. You guys are the best.

Any chance in the future you guys might port over One of These Nights by the Eagles from GH DLC or is that still no go since the GHtoRB guys are done?

This was ported over on the c3 forums by Spindoctor. Good port, too.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Geographica posted:

This was ported over on the c3 forums by Spindoctor. Good port, too.

:stare:

Thanks!

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Kaboobi posted:

Nobody wanted to rip the Where is My Mind chart from Rocksmith to make a pro guitar chart? For shame.

(I'm sure there's some pro guitar charts that have literally never been played, so it's not a huge deal :v: )

On one hand, it's a rather simple guitar part, so the porting shouldn't be hard. On the other hand, because of that, it's one of those songs I don't really care to play anymore after doing it on Rocksmith.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

gently caress. Yes.

Great week! You guys rock!

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Just curious what is mapped for Keys on Bittersweet Symphony? I swear I don't remember any keys in the song. Is it the violin mapped to the keys?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

ApexAftermath posted:

Just curious what is mapped for Keys on Bittersweet Symphony? I swear I don't remember any keys in the song. Is it the violin mapped to the keys?

Exactly, strings are commonly authored to pro keys.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are there any features / bugfixes we lose for being on TU4? I don't know of any but I'm not the experts you guys are.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
TU5 added the ability to hide 1 lighter songs from the song selection list. It is a pretty handy feature and I do miss it since downgrading for customs.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I admit I'm sometimes baffled by the albums you C3 guys choose, but drat your singles choices are spot-loving-on. Bravo!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Binowru posted:

I admit I'm sometimes baffled by the albums you C3 guys choose, but drat your singles choices are spot-loving-on. Bravo!

The majority of the time, people just author their favorite music. It's great when this overlaps with famous singles Harmonix would have released, and we try to nudge people toward that (with farottone picking up most of the slack because he's a loving boss). Sometimes, though, you'll find some great gems in songs you haven't heard before. Like maybe the 25 NPS guitar sections of The Electric Drill Song! :suicide:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
To everybody who downloaded Lean Into It or part of it: thank you. :) It took me 2 years to polish it to the way I wanted and I'm still not satisfied, but for the amount it took to author, I'm glad some people are enjoying it. And as always, if you feel like giving some positive comments, those never hurt. :)

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
For anyone who wants to take a look at a breakdown of the Electric Drill Song, here you go!

http://www.keepitfishy.com/rb3/far_drillersongv2_analysis.txt

Good stuff.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

6.5NPS overall on guitar, dear lord.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
The solo is crazy. Can anyone really play 14 notes per second? I know I'm a mediocre Expert player, but jeez.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Any Pacific Northwesters who want more RB parties, my buds at Seattle RockBand group are doing another "open mic" type event at the AFK Tavern in Renton ( 3750 E Valley Rd, renton, WA ) starting at around 8:00 tonight.
It's likely this is going to become a regular thing if the show runner, a bud of mine, gets a new contract with the owners. Anyone who wants should come down and show support, eat some food, play some customs, and make sure it stays a weekly thing. :)
Seatle RockBand usually streams all their shows too, so I'll drop a link in here once they go live.

KazmeyerTLOC
Aug 13, 2007

farottone posted:

To everybody who downloaded Lean Into It or part of it: thank you. :) It took me 2 years to polish it to the way I wanted and I'm still not satisfied, but for the amount it took to author, I'm glad some people are enjoying it. And as always, if you feel like giving some positive comments, those never hurt. :)

I just wanted to say thank you. This was one of my favorite albums growing up and I'm enjoying playing it in Rock Band.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for June 27, 2014:

Mostly New! Songs of Canada C01 10-pack
  • Crash Test Dummies - "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" (farottone)
  • deadmau5 - "Ghosts 'n' Stuff (ft. Bob Swire)" (Gigakoops)
  • Len - "Steal My Sunshine" (drummerockband)
  • Peaches - "Kick It (ft. Iggy Pop)" (Lowlander)
  • Prozzäk - "Sucks to Be You" (Gigakoops)
  • Rush - "Time Stand Still" (farottone)
  • Serena Ryder - "What I Wouldn't Do" (drummerockband)
  • Sum 41 - "Pain for Pleasure" (pksage)
  • Tegan and Sara - "Walking With a Ghost" (drummerockband)
  • Unicron - "Broken Vessels" (Nightmare Lyra)

Happy (early) Canada Day!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Super excited about Crash Test Dummies and T&S. Thanks for another great week!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

pksage posted:

:canada:

I finally decided to put away the drums, dammit.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Without sounding ungrateful, pretty disappointed overall with the selection of Canadian bands/artists. Ah well, can't win them all. Could have used a lot more 70s/80s rock (April Wine, Triumph, Chilliwack, Trooper, Harlequin, Loverboy) and 90s alt (Our Lady Peace, I Mother Earth, Tea Party, basically every Canadian band that had a single on the first few Big Shiny Tunes) and where's the Tragically Hip?

Again, it's cool to see a Canada-themed pack at all, it just misses the mark for me almost completely. Steal My Sunshine is worth getting and I think I already had Time Stands Still in some form, but I'll grab the complete version. MMMM will always be Weird Al's Headline News to me so that too. Thanks. That loving Serena Ryder song though, didn't know the artist or song title, but it's used in every. loving. ad for Scotiabank who are major sponsors of hockey so any Canadian who watches hockey (HA!) has heard that song so many loving times that even if they liked it in the first place, I don't know how they could anymore. Sorry about the rant.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
We're always limited by what songs our authors actually want to do, instead of specific dedication to a theme. Of all of these songs, I think the only one that was specifically picked to represent an iconic Canadian band -- and wouldn't have been authored otherwise, that is -- was Crash Test Dummies. The best we can do is say "hey guys, we're doing a Canada pack, who wants to help?" and then let people fill it in, rather than "these specific Canadian bands represent the best cross-section of Canadian rock, who wants to do these specific songs?" because no one would.

Also, blatant spoilers, we had an April Wine song scheduled that got pushed back for reasons. It will come out at some point.

VVV CTD was seen as popular outside of Canada, which I realize is kind of lol for a Canada pack, but... I mean, regardless, "Mmm" is a really famous song that we wanted to release eventually. And trust me, we want BTO too, but listen to any of their big hits and tell me they're not a huge nightmare to chart without stems. :smith:

pksage fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 27, 2014

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Not really sure where you're getting the impression the Crash Test Dummies were that popular or 'iconic' here from, but I'll let it slide. Some guy here once commented that Sloan was as big as the Beatles in Canada which was quite shocking to learn. Oh, I should have mentioned Sloan in my last post lol.

Anyway, I'd just like to point any drummers interested in some pretty rad Canadian rock to CrazyCanuck's thread on the C3 forums. He only charts drums, but he's got some real fun songs in his list including Fly At Night by Chilliwack (and no it's not Fly By Night), Superman's Dead by Our Lady Peace, Oowatanite by April Wine among some other fun songs (and Nickelback for some reason.)

I don't know if linking to C3 is still taboo (why? does anyone honestly care at this point?) but just add viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1548 to the c3 forums domain or search for CrazyCanuck. Definitely check out Fly At Night, that song would kill on all instruments.

Edit: Are GH6 converts still waiting until there are better audio rips? GH6 had Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe. Would have fit :)

Editx2: Motherfucking BTO!

Editx3: At this point I'm hoping to just pique farottone's curiosity with some of these when he's bored and has already charted every song he wants.

Dr Zaius fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 27, 2014

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
As always, I have to point out that packs mainly are created by grouping songs authors wanted to do anyway, not by choosing the most famous or more appropriate songs for a theme and then finding volunteers to do those. In example, I'm sitting on roughly 150 full bands songs I've done because I wanted to do them, some are already meant to go together, some will just be added to whatever packs come up (like, the Scottish pack is announced, I browse my list of songs, spot some Scottish artists, add those songs). It can't work any differently: if THE perfect song for a duet pack is Time of My Life, it will make the pack only if somebody really wanted to author it, otherwise those 15 to 30 hours needed to author the song will never be volunteered by anyone.

For the Canada pack, I will admit to a very high degree of ignorance (which is true for a lot of music: I have a very deep knowledge but of a limited number of musical acts). When the pack was submitted by drummerockband (who is a great guy, by the way), I browsed the list of Canadian artists and, well, I was ready to just contribute some Rush polished up from my releases because I knew nobody (except artists I had already done everything I wanted from their catalogue, like Morissette). Then I noticed Crash Test Dummies were Canadian and went with it. Of the list posted by Dr Zaius I know Triumph *by name* and I Mother Earth and Tragically Hip from Rock Band. That's it. And, again, I really, and I mean really, have to like a song to spend a lot of hours on it, the fact that it would be perfect for a pack unfortunately is not driving me enough.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
For what it's worth, we really enjoyed the Morissette songs last weekend. :)

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

The main thing I got out of this response:

farottone posted:

I'm sitting on roughly 150 full bands songs
Holy crap

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Clearly the theme for next week should be "Our Biggest Release Ever" then.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

IUG posted:

Clearly the theme for next week should be "Our Biggest Release Ever" then.

No, clearly the theme should be "MORE Canadian Songs!"

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Should've released this for Canada day, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sPZILnTMWs

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

pksage posted:

I want to fly around while playing Time Stands Still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSFqXGZ5TQ (god dammit that video is so lovely).

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

FirstPlayer posted:

I want to fly around while playing Time Stands Still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMSFqXGZ5TQ (god dammit that video is so lovely).

Hey at least it isn't the Rush song with a goddamn rap verse in the middle of it.

But seriously, is that Aimee Mann in the Time Stands Still video?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, she's also singing in the chorus.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
jesus loving christ I haven't thought that Prozzak song in years. YEARS. YEAAAAAAAAAAARSSSSSSSSSSSS :woop:

i have fallen down a prozzak hole please send help and/or chart www.nevergetoveryou

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 28, 2014

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Iris of Ether posted:

For what it's worth, we really enjoyed the Morissette songs last weekend. :)

That's awesome to hear, those songs are actually more fun than I expected, except for a couple of very repetitive charts. :) Plus they drive my wife crazy because of the amount of high pitched screams and hums.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Can we please get the OP changed to reflect that customs are now possible in all consoles?
OP doesn't mention Wii and suggests that PS3 owners are totally screwed, which is not correct, as they're only partially screwed :-D

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for July 4, 2014:

Sort of New! Summertime C01 8-pack
  • The B-52's - "Summer of Love" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • The Beach Boys - "All Summer Long" (farottone) [FtV]
  • The Beach Boys - "Barbara Ann" (farottone) [FtV]
  • The Beach Boys - "California Girls" (farottone) [FtV]
  • The Beach Boys - "Fun, Fun, Fun" (farottone) [FtV]
  • The Beach Boys - "Help Me, Rhonda" (farottone) [FtV]
  • Eddie Cochran - "Summertime Blues" (farottone)
  • The Kinks - "Sunny Afternoon" (farottone)
New! Singles
  • Anarchy Club - "Behind the Mask" (ThatAuthoringGroup and AddyMilldike)
  • Ascension - "Orb of the Moons" (ThatAuthoringGroup feat. AddyMilldike)
  • Ascension - "Somewhere Back in Time" (ThatAuthoringGroup feat. AddyMilldike)
  • The Fall of Troy - "F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X." (uSound and Neversoft)

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

quote:

The Beach Boys - "All Summer Long" (farottone) [FtV]
The Beach Boys - "Barbara Ann" (farottone) [FtV]
The Beach Boys - "California Girls" (farottone) [FtV]
The Beach Boys - "Fun, Fun, Fun" (farottone) [FtV]
The Beach Boys - "Help Me, Rhonda" (farottone) [FtV]

I'm just going to call this the ultimate harmony pack I've been waiting for. Thanks so much!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pksage posted:

C3 releases for July 4, 2014:

Sort of New! Summertime C01 8-pack
[list][*]The B-52's - "Summer of Love" (Nyxyxylyth)
[*]The Beach Boys - "All Summer Long" (farottone) [FtV]
[*]The Beach Boys - "Barbara Ann" (farottone) [FtV]
[*]The Beach Boys - "California Girls" (farottone) [FtV]
[*]The Beach Boys - "Fun, Fun, Fun" (farottone) [FtV]
[*]The Beach Boys - "Help Me, Rhonda" (farottone) [FtV]
[*]Eddie Cochran - "Summertime Blues" (farottone)

Good stuff!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
My next custom is going to be released on my birthday as a reverse-present for everyone who is still lame enough to play RB!
Continuing the theme of "firsts in RB development", this one is going to (as far as I know) be the first multitrack custom optimized for 5.1 surround sound (not counting pre-mixed multitracks from GH conversions). "She Loves You" was the first RB custom with a crowd audio track, but couldn't be optimized for 5.1 because the master is mono.
While agreements with C3 dictate that I can disclose songs I'm working on, some followers (read: internet detectives) already know when my birthday is, and followers of my blog already know what I said my next custom is, so I can't explicitly disclose either without spoiling a C3 release (which is against the rules of my informal agreement with C3).
But my birthday is not far from now, and the song is a very highly demanded Beatles track (it is the 2nd most-requested Beatles song in my very annoying inbox).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Last Train To Clarksville YES! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• Locked thread