Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.
I'm going to try to rotate my Team 1 Leader based on the Daily Dungeon: Kirin for Gold Keeper, Bastet for Ancient Masks, Shiva for Dragon Fruits, Zeus for Twinlits, Goemon for Starlight Sanctuary... but I have the feeling I'm eventually just going to make it a permanent Ronia slot when I've got her leveled / skilled-up / awakened.

Does anyone actually use G/L Guan Yu as a Leader? He feels awkward to use, with so many of the best Physical monsters being Fire, Water or Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
So I mostly run my +297 Shiva for farming and lower level Descends, so this will be almost always my number 1 slot, but what should I put in my number 2 slot?

Please vote!

http://vote.pollcode.com/29226122

All mons are max level/evo, max awakenings (except Lucifer) and your choices are: Ronia, B/L Isis, G/L Bastet, L/L Kirin, L/B AA Meta, L/L Ra, DQXQ, D/B Rebel Seraph Lucifer, DA Metatron, Satan

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Where are the echidna leads? No reason to use one of your leader slots for her today :colbert:

I put mine up 314,977,273

I mostly run Ronia, second slot will either be Blucifer, DA Meta, DQXQ or whatever is needed (like Echidna for Thursdays)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Aghama posted:

To reiterate how the slots work:

- 1st Slot: Whichever leader you currently have active. This is the leader that shows up when you friend request and in your friends' lists.
- 2nd Slot: The leader of your very first team.

So in your case, it would probably be easiest to put your rotating leaders in Team #1 and then leave your Horus team active most of the time (since you'll be using him the most anyway).

I'm going to put my (almost +297) Kirin in slot 1 so she's up all the time, and put other crap on rotation. Mostly Isis since I'm actually using her the most.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Clearly we should adopt the DotA 2 thread's fan art rule.

shiatza posted:

Fed my second Haku three big tama and two babies and got all five awakenings :stare:

I'm 13 for 14 on getting awakenings from baby tamadra. Evolving is for suckers. :dukedog:

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
I got my dad addicted to this game. He didn't understand the friends part, so last I checked, he had no friends.

He's looking for Horus friends, or leaders that gel with Horus.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

Clearly we should adopt the DotA 2 thread's fan art rule.

It could always be worse

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

raej posted:

I got my dad addicted to this game. He didn't understand the friends part, so last I checked, he had no friends.

He's looking for Horus friends, or leaders that gel with Horus.

363,917,374. It's basic Horus at level 45 since I just started but if it helps (and gets me PAL points :D ).

Hell, if anyone would like a 40 Hermes (basic) to pal up with: 381,627,344

Ugh that guy loves teenage anime breasts way too much (see 3DS and Vita thread for reference, not that you need to with the one you linked).

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 10, 2014

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm 13 for 14 on getting awakenings from baby tamadra. Evolving is for suckers. :dukedog:

Eh, I'm fine with evolving my babies. Gotta get rid of all these extra Dub-Topalits somehow.

oh my god :lol:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I don't see what that has to do with FAN art, all I see there is OFFICIAL art. :smug:

He just has that look on his face that says, 'Jesus christ, cat girls are loving annoying'.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

We clearly need more charts and graphs itt. And not about how many mons you need for the last skillup you will never get.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

I don't see what that has to do with FAN art, all I see there is OFFICIAL art. :smug:

He just has that look on his face that says, 'Jesus christ, cat girls are loving annoying'.

Is this really official? That's really fun.
Maybe an Okuni ultimate soon?No

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
It is that time again. It is the day after metal/gold and I am already frustrated with trying to evolve baby tamas. I was mentally prepared to grind out dub-topalits as the hard part of evolving them. But I just dumped 70 stamina into getting 0 drops on the final level of Thursday dungeon. Not even a stupid dragon plant to evolve cacti for Parv skill chances. Maybe I just need to start doing trifruits. What is the drop rate like in there for fruit and tamas? I haven't really had much of a reason to run it before.

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Here are the official patch notes, since I don't think anyone linked them yet: https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/652-patch-notes/869951343033459

Once nice think that nobody's mentioned yet is the Enhanced Stat awakenings getting a boost (200HP, 100 ATK, 50 RCV)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrPants posted:

It is that time again. It is the day after metal/gold and I am already frustrated with trying to evolve baby tamas. I was mentally prepared to grind out dub-topalits as the hard part of evolving them. But I just dumped 70 stamina into getting 0 drops on the final level of Thursday dungeon. Not even a stupid dragon plant to evolve cacti for Parv skill chances. Maybe I just need to start doing trifruits. What is the drop rate like in there for fruit and tamas? I haven't really had much of a reason to run it before.

Running Trifruits for Dragon Fruits/Flowers/etc is a waste of stamina. Just wait for the regular Thursday dungeon to go double drop next week.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are there presents besides the basic rank 20 starter dragon? Could swear I gave away my present-egg months ago but it seems I still have the option available. Anyone want to trade?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Pierson posted:

Are there presents besides the basic rank 20 starter dragon? Could swear I gave away my present-egg months ago but it seems I still have the option available. Anyone want to trade?

They renew the option each time the present changes. Ive been able to send out 3 total so far, my first one, then they added plusses to the present eggs -> new present. Then they added noels to the present machine -> new present.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
What do people think about the stat awakening buffs? On one hand I do have ~15 spare tamadra, but they will go fast if I use them on all my heartbreakers, who are basically the monsters I've been on the fence about awakening.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 10, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Theyre equal to 20 plus eggs. Not a game changer, but every bit helps in terms of stats.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

Is this really official? That's really fun.
Maybe an Okuni ultimate soon?No

My first line was referring to the Senran Kagura art. What I posted isn't official. :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

good jovi posted:

Once nice think that nobody's mentioned yet is the Enhanced Stat awakenings getting a boost (200HP, 100 ATK, 50 RCV)

Another 50ATK for Echidna and 200HP for Orochi? Sure why not.

93tu posted:

Holy christ do I want an Athena so bad, I finally have a use for her with a Kirin team and incidentally also a team that can do her stupid dungeon, and then she doesn't turn up in forever. Also no gently caress that super god difficulty dungeon right off.

Same here, been waiting for her and had no luck getting one from Sowilo. I guess at least this gives me a chance to attempt to get her Ultimate orbs in the meanwhile.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

psymonkey posted:

What do people think about the stat awakening buffs? On one hand I do have ~15 spare tamadra, but they will go fast if I use them on all my heartbreakers, who are basically the monsters I've been on the fence about awakening.

Hold out. The stat awakenings still aren't going to make or break a run the way Skill Lock/Poison/Blocker Resists, Skill Boost, Move Time or a giant pile of Row Boost awakenings can. I'd personally rather dump some Tamadra on a monster that might be absolutely vital to have awakened some day than give a minor nudge to a team I use right now.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

opaopa13 posted:

Hold out. The stat awakenings still aren't going to make or break a run the way Skill Lock/Poison/Blocker Resists, Skill Boost, Move Time or a giant pile of Row Boost awakenings can. I'd personally rather dump some Tamadra on a monster that might be absolutely vital to have awakened some day than give a minor nudge to a team I use right now.

Well, he also has 15 TAMADRA, can't hurt to use a few, really. Learning to not worry about TAMADRA use as much has helped lower my blood pressure as of late.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

FrickenMoron posted:

They renew the option each time the present changes. Ive been able to send out 3 total so far, my first one, then they added plusses to the present eggs -> new present. Then they added noels to the present machine -> new present.
Cool!

Anyone up for a trade then?

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Tir McDohl posted:

Well, he also has 15 TAMADRA, can't hurt to use a few, really. Learning to not worry about TAMADRA use as much has helped lower my blood pressure as of late.

Yeah, but like I said, I would personally rather drop them on a monster that might eventually be a critical puzzle piece than one that will never benefit all that much from being awakened. Even better just to hoard them, just in case some brand-new team possibilities opens up, such as Dark Metatron dropping and suddenly having to give a poo poo about Attackers.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

opaopa13 posted:

Yeah, but like I said, I would personally rather drop them on a monster that might eventually be a critical puzzle piece than one that will never benefit all that much from being awakened. Even better just to hoard them, just in case some brand-new team possibilities opens up, such as Dark Metatron dropping and suddenly having to give a poo poo about Attackers.

Consider that you have almost a full team's worth of TAMADRAs taking up space in your box. I can understand keeping 7-8 around just in case, as that would allow you to bring up two critical monsters or more. But do you really think there will be a time when all of a sudden you desperately need to awaken an entire team? Even if you did run into this, and every single member of this hypothetical team is new and unawakened, in the amount of time it would take to evolve/level this team to a usable state we will likely have Gold/Metal Dungeon and/or free daily TAMADRAs.

I mean, it's up to you. I don't want to be blamed if you end up regretting it, I just think there are better things to do than to worry about minmaxing TAMADRA use nowadays.

Edit: I suppose you might want to save 15 TAMADRA just in case you need to awaken a godfest exclusive AND a fruit dragon at the same time. Or Top Droidragon, but about that...

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I have 9 sitting around for my Droid Dragon and another 5 I just don't know what to do with. I guess it's okay that I slept through metal/holds last night.

I'll probably feed 4 of those to Yomi #3 once it's evo'd. I don't currently use Yomi #1 or #2 but whatever.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

Fanart posting cannot be complete without the best padgirl present

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Screw you. I just went 2 for 7. Had a good set of runs on gold metal and just squandered it.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

Tir McDohl posted:

Consider that you have almost a full team's worth of TAMADRAs taking up space in your box. I can understand keeping 7-8 around just in case, as that would allow you to bring up two critical monsters or more. But do you really think there will be a time when all of a sudden you desperately need to awaken an entire team? Even if you did run into this, and every single member of this hypothetical team is new and unawakened, in the amount of time it would take to evolve/level this team to a usable state we will likely have Gold/Metal Dungeon and/or free daily TAMADRAs.

I mean, it's up to you. I don't want to be blamed if you end up regretting it, I just think there are better things to do than to worry about minmaxing TAMADRA use nowadays.

Edit: I suppose you might want to save 15 TAMADRA just in case you need to awaken a godfest exclusive AND a fruit dragon at the same time. Or Top Droidragon, but about that...

As it is, I have a bunch of potential teams (Dark, Devil, Water Physical) that I could theoretically make, but would want to fully awaken three or four monsters before using, including the new awakening-heavy Chinese ultimates. I'd rather waste a little box space for a while than limit my options if a new buff or Descended comes out that makes me desperately want to get one of those teams going. When Shiva got his ultimate evolutions, I was sad that I had spent Tamadra on heartbreakers instead of having them around for him, Freyr and Uriel. When Kirin got her ultimate evolution, I was happy to have enough Tamadra to go from 0 to max awakenings.

It depends largely on your box (and your storage space needs), though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

Screw you. I just went 2 for 7. Had a good set of runs on gold metal and just squandered it.

Mission accomplished. :v: I should note that is on my alt where I don't really need the tamadra, so of course I would have almost 100% rate. :haw:

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Anyone else playing the Android US version outside the US, and having problems with the latest update? As usual, I've downloaded the latest .apk via the website mentioned in the OP, but I can't get it to install on either my phone or my tablet. No error message as such, just "Application not installed".

Must have been through four or five updates in the past without any problems, no idea why this one is different.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Maybe its the good old language issue again. Set your phone language to english!

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012

Galaspar posted:

Anyone else playing the Android US version outside the US, and having problems with the latest update? As usual, I've downloaded the latest .apk via the website mentioned in the OP, but I can't get it to install on either my phone or my tablet. No error message as such, just "Application not installed".

Must have been through four or five updates in the past without any problems, no idea why this one is different.

I'm getting the same problem. On the Evozi site linked in the OP, the APK that gets generated is labeled as version 6.3, if that helps confirm something's broken somewhere.

EDIT: checkboxing the 'force refetch apk file' option hasn't helped either for what it's worth.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Not that I'm afraid. My usual setting is English(United Kingdom), and changing to English (United States) has no effect on the problem.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Noaloha posted:

I'm getting the same problem. On the Evozi site linked in the OP, the APK that gets generated is labeled as version 6.3, if that helps confirm something's broken somewhere.

EDIT: checkboxing the 'force refetch apk file' option hasn't helped either for what it's worth.

Could the file name have been changed maybe?

EDIT: Nope, US google play store still calls it jp.gungho.padEN

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 10, 2014

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I used a proxy to install the app from Google Play and PAD prompts me to update on its own whenever one happens. There's no need to wait for evozi each time.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I started playing this a few days ago, not realising how popular it was, so was surprised to find a giant thread about it. Since I wasn't too far in, I decided to restart and start rerolling for something decent, but it's been ages and no luck yet-got one God so far, but it was just an Amateratsu. Mostly the machine has been spitting out Beast Riders. I'd have just stuck with Amateratsu if the OP/guide wasn't so insistent that it will save so much grinding later.

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012

Galaspar posted:

Could the file name have been changed maybe?

EDIT: Nope, US google play store still calls it jp.gungho.padEN

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=52698

Here you go, scroll down a few posts for a link to an upload. I just tested it, works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Battle Pigeon posted:

I started playing this a few days ago, not realising how popular it was, so was surprised to find a giant thread about it. Since I wasn't too far in, I decided to restart and start rerolling for something decent, but it's been ages and no luck yet-got one God so far, but it was just an Amateratsu. Mostly the machine has been spitting out Beast Riders. I'd have just stuck with Amateratsu if the OP/guide wasn't so insistent that it will save so much grinding later.

Wait for one of the two guys who give away accounts to post, they'll undoubtly have something better.

Also, rerolling over and over right now is a waste as it's not a Godfest. You should only reroll during Godfest.

• Locked thread