Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we got rid of polio, a much more difficult feat in my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
then we'd all be fed ups

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
If everybody aborted ds babies you wouldn't be here to shitpost OP

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Every sperm is sacred

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
because op would be aborted and this thread would never have existed. win/win

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
bc op wopullnt be here haha op your retarded

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol because then i wouldn't be here lmao

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SirEvelynTremble posted:

:eyepop:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Because it makes mama grizzly mad.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Because some people truly believe that god wants them to be miserable for a large portion of their lives.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Some people like pets, OP

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Dolphin posted:

lol because then i wouldn't be here lmao

SirEvelynTremble posted:

turdriver posted:

bc op wopullnt be here haha op your retarded

porkchop_express posted:

because op would be aborted and this thread would never have existed. win/win

quoted for truth

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

cuz lowtax needs ever :10bux: he can get

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
i saw that on reddit as well OP

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
then i wouldnt be able to say hey look at corky

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
downs babbies are great ego strokers for upper middle class white women

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

plain blue jacket posted:

downs babbies are great ego strokers for upper middle class white women

this and the belief that more chromosomes is better.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Downs people can be really good actors & be funny.

This video made me laugh, and the Downs kid is a FAR better actor than the gimp in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0og__4mZkGI

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Downs people can be really good actors & be funny.

This video made me laugh, and the Downs kid is a FAR better actor than the gimp in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0og__4mZkGI
oh wow that retarded person is really great at acting like a retarded person

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!
Big Special Olympics. It's a loving industry mannnnnnnnnnn

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
like 98% do get aborted so :shrug:

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
When my ex got pregnant with our second we found out it had Downs. She wanted to keep it and I had to basically threaten her with leaving before she would get an abortion, the irony being that we eventually split up anyway lol. Still, dodged a bullet either way.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
but then we wouldnt have rcman

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

Kirk Johnson posted:

When my ex got pregnant with our second we found out it had Downs. She wanted to keep it and I had to basically threaten her with leaving before she would get an abortion, the irony being that we eventually split up anyway lol. Still, dodged a bullet either way.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i'd rather have a downs kid than an autistic or even aspie kid.

edit: downs people can be charming and polite. aspies and autists are all insufferable

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe you don't want a human being to grow and watch turn into the best everything you and your partner ever were, maybe you want something more akin to a dog that will love you endlessly and wont make you feel guilty when it finds you guys loving because it just has the same stupid grin forever :downs:

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i'd rather have a downs kid than a goon.

edit: downs people can be charming and polite. goonss are all insufferable

i know the old "fixed this for you" thing is passe but this is really a good time for it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

maybe you don't want a human being to grow and watch turn into the best everything you and your partner ever were, maybe you want something more akin to a dog that will love you endlessly and wont make you feel guilty when it finds you guys loving because it just has the same stupid grin forever :downs:

Agreed but also regarding people with allergies. That poo poo is unacceptable.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Our son has Down's. We found out during pregnancy and decided to go ahead. I initially didn't want to but am incredibly glad we did. He's awesome. Unlike you, OP. You're just an rear end in a top hat. (As, unsurprisingly, most of you). You'll probably never really understand loving somebody unconditionally, and your life will be poorer for it.

In answer to your question, over 90% of people do abort, but it isn't always picked up during scans etc. So it would be hard to eradicate.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
but lots of downs people are really happy, most pleasant retards to be around.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

therattle posted:

Our son has Down's. We found out during pregnancy and decided to go ahead. I initially didn't want to but am incredibly glad we did. He's awesome. Unlike you, OP. You're just an rear end in a top hat. (As, unsurprisingly, most of you). You'll probably never really understand loving somebody unconditionally, and your life will be poorer for it.

In answer to your question, over 90% of people do abort, but it isn't always picked up during scans etc. So it would be hard to eradicate.
i bet if you had aborted you'd also say you were glad you did

quote:

1. The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth; 5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same, 10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back. 15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. 20

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
gorilla strength is important as well

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Big McHuge posted:

Because some people truly believe that god wants them to be miserable for a large portion of their lives.

yeah. like catholics, for instance

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

ummm pretty sure abortion is murder and sinful, op

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

therattle posted:

I disagree, the cat poo poo parasite in my brain has given me a deep, unconditional, borderline irrational love for my cat that you'll never understand.

Isn't that right precious, who's a good little fuzz ball? You are! You are!

Now if only I could figure out why I sort of zone out when driving and have an unconscious urge to slam headfirst into oncoming trucks lately...

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Because blessed are the handicapped and disabled, teaching humility and that every life has value

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 641 days!

mookface posted:

Because blessed are the handicapped and disabled, teaching humility and that every life has value

All of human history suggests they have done an increasingly poo poo job at this...

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
some people don't abort fetuses that are developing without brains and whatnot because they care more about themselves and their stupid ideals than keeping someone from spending a life full of misery and suffering, hth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
pretty much because of crazy religious people. the few parents i know of downies are jehova witnesses and mormons.

seriously abort that poo poo and then try again. unless you're like 40 year olds with fertility probs, its just dump a load in her vagina and try and try again until you get a non-downsie one. don't make the tax payers support your bad decisions by having all this extra special needs education for a downs kid that won't ever be able to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xaris posted:

pretty much because of crazy religious people. the few parents i know of downies are jehova witnesses and mormons.

seriously abort that poo poo and then try again. unless you're like 40 year olds with fertility probs, its just dump a load in her vagina and try and try again until you get a non-downsie one. don't make the tax payers support your bad decisions by having all this extra special needs education for a downs kid that won't ever be able to work

hey now lots of them get work , because lots of states give a tax break for hiring them equal to most of their yearly pay.

• Locked thread