Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You guys Blizzard just announced Diablo 3! I'm sure it will be out in a quick and timely manner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys, I'm posting from the future, all the way in July of 2014. Anything you want to know?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

IRQ posted:

I think Obama will really change things for the better! It'll be nice to have a liberal in the white house for a change who won't just pander to corporations and crush our civil liberties like Bush did.

This was fun but now I'm crying.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

feedmyleg posted:

Guys, I'm posting from the future, all the way in July of 2014. Anything you want to know?

Do people think I'm cool in the future?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Zaggitz posted:

You guys Blizzard just announced Diablo 3! I'm sure it will be out in a quick and timely manner!

It's ok, Blizzard will release it when it's ready, but I'm sure it'll be awesome!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Ravane posted:

Do people think I'm cool in the future?

Are you Vince Gilligan? Then you're okay I guess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm watching Supernatural season 2 on Netflix and did they work out a music rights thing between seasons? Season 1 just had kind of generic placeholder-y stuff while episode 3 of season 2 starts up with Back in Black.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.

muscles like this? posted:

I'm watching Supernatural season 2 on Netflix and did they work out a music rights thing between seasons? Season 1 just had kind of generic placeholder-y stuff while episode 3 of season 2 starts up with Back in Black.

I think it's just that the S1 dvds didn't get music licensed, watching reruns on TV season 1 had awesome music.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

I think it's just that the S1 dvds didn't get music licensed, watching reruns on TV season 1 had awesome music.

I'm fairly sure the dvds have the music as well, it's just netflix s1 that doesn't, which is insanely weird.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Actual reactions I think I had in 2008:

Kings pilot is so good!

Isn't The Mentalist just Raines?

They're doing an American version of Life on Mars and Kath & Kim?

Why are they rebooting Knight Rider?

Joss Whedon is back! Dollhouse is gonna be the new Buffy!

Defying Gravity is going to be amazing!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its just kind of funny how the first episode has Sam flipping through Dean's tape collection of classic rock, which then does not make any appearance in the rest of the season.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Thanks a lot. I had forgotten all about the American version of Life on Mars :argh:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Fateo McMurray posted:

Thanks a lot. I had forgotten all about the American version of Life on Mars :argh:

Life on Mars: Literally! :haw:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Zaggitz posted:

I'm fairly sure the dvds have the music as well, it's just netflix s1 that doesn't, which is insanely weird.

Yeah the dvd's are fine, not sure why S1 only has that issue though. But then rights are a strange thing. It genuinely spoils parts of Friday Night Lights for me. There's a scene where The Go! Team was used, and ok it's fine, I accept the very similar soundalike that they used. But in the final episode there's a great bit that's set to Explosions In the Sky's 'Your Hand In Mine' that's now gone, and replaced with something that's nowhere near as good. It creates the odd effect where you know something is meant to hit you more than it does.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Joss Whedon is back! Dollhouse is gonna be the new Buffy!

I'm not a Whedon hater, but I don't think this would have been acceptable even in 2008.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Eezee posted:

How can Big Bang theory and Modern Family be nominated together with Silicon Valley, Veep, 'Louis' and OitnB?

The latter of those shows are so vastly superior to the first two, it's not even funny. If Modern Family wins again that's just more proof that those award shows are bullshit.

Award shows are basically extended industry jerk-off sessions / advertisements for the actors and shows that win. Just keep that in mind next time you find yourself getting upset about them.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

Award shows are basically extended industry jerk-off sessions / advertisements for the actors and shows that win. Just keep that in mind next time you find yourself getting upset about them.

Silicon Valley is sure to win, they have this poo poo DOWN.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

raditts posted:

Some people get unreasonably upset about them. I mean is Matthew Rhys getting nothing for The Americans while Jeff Daniels gets nominated again annoying? Yes it is, and it's not really recognising the better body of work. But that work is still there for people to enjoy. It doesn't take away from anything at all. I get that people like to see the things they like do well and be 'accepted', but frothing at the mouth won't change anything.

It reminds me of all those people that were getting mad that Batman didn't win an Oscar.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Silicon Valley is sure to win, they have this poo poo DOWN.

now I wish I could go back to my tviv awards ballot and nominate that jerking off scene for funniest moment of the year or whatever it's called. i'm sure someone else will have nominated it though

edit: more like DrGETSINTHEWAY

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

now I wish I could go back to my tviv awards ballot and nominate that jerking off scene for funniest moment of the year or whatever it's called. i'm sure someone else will have nominated it though

You still could; I'm only collecting candidates to vote for nomination, not final nominees, and the form is supposed to be reusable.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Actual thing I said in 2008: "Man, with The Wire and The Shield done, it feels like a golden age has just finished".

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The notion that there's an expiration date on good television is ridiculous and yet people keep claiming it will happen.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, since it's 2008 again: hey! They're bringing back American Gladiators!

again

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 11, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

"It's a little darker, more intense, more serious,"

Yeah okay.

Nitro will be shown snorting lines to prepare for competitions.

Laser's aggressiveness during Powerball will eventually be revealed as being a result of abuse experienced as a child.

Whenever Turbo mans the tennis ball cannon, he feels as though he's back in Iraq.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 12, 2014

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The role of Crush will now be played by Ronda Rousey. On the Joust, she'll just tackle her opponent and hold her under the water.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Defying Gravity is going to be amazing!

I liked it well enough and it certainly looked better than more expensive productions. The only major problem with what it attempted was focusing too much on the soap aspects, treating the science-fi as a means to an end instead of reveling in it.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Deadpool is forcing me to announce that he's not going anywhere anytime soon, so you're all stuck with all three of us. OSG's life is going to be busier than normal for a couple of months. And literally the day after I was modded, my boss turned in his resignation a month and a half before our big audit at work, which I'm now in charge of, so I'm going to be busier than normal til mid-August. So we'll all be around for at least the foreseeable future.

*edit* also OH MAN 24 SEASON 7 IS COMING UP you guys I heard Tony is coming back!!! He and Jack are gonna join forces and kick butt as an unstoppable team all season long! I'm sad that I'm sure he's over Michelle's death by now, but people move on, you know?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yay.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

He says, patting himself on the back.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But what about Aatrek? I mean, is he gonna continue to mod the BSG thread?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

You mean the only good thing about that thread?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Depends on if they add any child characters to the show or not probably.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yo we're in irc gonna watch the last episode of LMS season 3 to celebrate my completin the toxx join if u want here

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

To be fair to Aatrek wanting to gently caress a kid is more normal than loving a pony

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

To be fair to Aatrek wanting to gently caress a kid is more normal than loving a pony

They're both pretty not normal.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't do this.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Only because he didn't fancy ponies.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is the Fringe thread the only Aatrek OP left on the forums? I checked it out one day and was surprised to see it, though I don't know why. People really liked his OPs before they found out he raped a child.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Jack Gladney posted:

Is the Fringe thread the only Aatrek OP left on the forums? I checked it out one day and was surprised to see it, though I don't know why. People really liked his OPs before they found out he raped a child.

While I'm not a big fan of 10 page long OPs, he did make some good graphics.

Too bad he was a lunatic kiddy fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I just finished episode 3 of Black Sails, and this show is a goddamn chore to get through. Not one interesting character, and I can't remember anyone's name. Does it get any better?

• Locked thread