Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man that is confusing.

Out of curiosity why are you thinking MMM-Grandi are both town/both scum? Why not one of each?

It's a hunch. Certainly if Grandi is scum his game makes no sense if MMM is Town - he's saying that either we lynch him to confirm a Townie or lynch a single Townie to confirm him as scum. If we flipped him as Town, we'd have to consider the possibility that he's right, but we have no evidence and at least three people have been acting scummier than MMM.

Opop also likes to play with expectations, so I wouldn't put it past him to make an unconfirmed masonry of Townies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Hal, you mentioned you thought Jam was legit. I don't get that vibe from reading his posts, especially

Heh, that doesn't sound sincere at all.

Yeah I don't know now. At first his "I'm sorta lost" think felt real to me but looking back now I don't know why I thought that. Also now knowing Ixt was scum this jumps out at me a bit more:

Jamuraan posted:

I agree with the first half, but not necessarily the second. Day 1 really hosed things up and now it feels like Day 2 is going to be D1 minus a townie.

After I said we should just turbo Ixt to start D2 and get back on track. (the half he didn't agree with was turboing Ixt, for reference)

Then pretty much everything else was just "oh no everyone sorry I have no ideas", and a little too much of that.

So him or TT, in retrospect they are both worse than ST. But he's bad too. And so is Grandi.

In fact pretty much everyone except maybe Jedit has been pretty bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I own up to my badness and apologize for it. Don't lynch me.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I think I'm going to shoot Jam, any objections?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I hesitate to shoot Grandi also because of this.

MMM, of those four mentioned by Jedit, who would you rather I shoot?

ST

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Ugh right now I want to shoot myself

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Don't shoot me you loving idiot.
I'm tired of you morons turboing me or vig killing me.
I'll probably get night killed in the next night or two anyway, find a better target.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I don't know now. At first his "I'm sorta lost" think felt real to me but looking back now I don't know why I thought that. Also now knowing Ixt was scum this jumps out at me a bit more:

After I said we should just turbo Ixt to start D2 and get back on track. (the half he didn't agree with was turboing Ixt, for reference)

Then pretty much everything else was just "oh no everyone sorry I have no ideas", and a little too much of that.

So him or TT, in retrospect they are both worse than ST. But he's bad too. And so is Grandi.

In fact pretty much everyone except maybe Jedit has been pretty bad.

Yeah I thought I was gonna be more involved in this game but then the first two days were so awful that I kind of got apathetic. And my brain is absolutely melted right now from a half dozen things IRL and I can't focus long enough to read this game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jamuraan posted:

Yeah I thought I was gonna be more involved in this game but then the first two days were so awful that I kind of got apathetic. And my brain is absolutely melted right now from a half dozen things IRL and I can't focus long enough to read this game.

This is contrary to what you just said. You don't want to be shot but you are unlikely to be able to focus or participate in the game. So even if you are town you are of limited value.

Shoot Jammy.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##kill Jam

if he's scum, awesome

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juanito posted:

##kill Jam

if he's scum, awesome

It should have been meeeeee.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I think I'm going to shoot Jam, any objections?

My only objection to that is TT's claim to be a Lynchbomb. If we think TT is also a strong suspect then we should shoot him instead, to eliminate any risk if his claim is true.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mafia edit: welp, let's hope this works.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I'll be happy to hammer TT

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

I'll be happy to hammer TT

I think you've missed the point. After Jamuraan flips there'll be seven players left. If TT is a Lynchbomb, then lynching him will drop us to five going into night. Unless there's only one scum alive at that point, that's game over. If you'd shot TT instead, then we'd go into night with six players left and be reasonably sure of getting another shot tomorrow. Summary: we now have one less mistake to work with.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Jedit posted:

I think you've missed the point. After Jamuraan flips there'll be seven players left. If TT is a Lynchbomb, then lynching him will drop us to five going into night. Unless there's only one scum alive at that point, that's game over. If you'd shot TT instead, then we'd go into night with six players left and be reasonably sure of getting another shot tomorrow. Summary: we now have one less mistake to work with.
Good, the sooner this game is put out of its misery the better. The outage mostly killed it. It's D4, and we're only on page 12. Hasn't been even a full page of posts for D4 yet.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I've got a pretty strong town read on any player with a deathwish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jam, Valkyrie, Town Aligned Bodyguard, was killed D3

Can't update votefinder until I get home

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

:angel: Go scum! :angel:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bodyguard is the Doc variant that redirects the kill to himself, right? So this wouldn't explain why we only had one kill on Night 2, not that it matters now.

So, we just going for TT or does someone else have a plan?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Bodyguard would die if they protected the person who got targeted.

Let's go for TT, and I'll hammer.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I plan to half pay attention to the thread and then vote the vote leader at the end of the day.
Same plan I've followed for the rest of the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

Bodyguard would die if they protected the person who got targeted.

Let's go for TT, and I'll hammer.

I can't think of a better plan.

##vote Tremendous Taste

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Only takes 4 to kill, so 2 more votes and I'll hammer TT.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can Juan or Jedit tell me why TT is a better target than ST or Grandi?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Because TT might be a lynchbomb which means that 2 will die for the price of one and this game is more likely to be over.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

Because TT might be a lynchbomb which means that 2 will die for the price of one and this game is more likely to be over.

A fair point. I'm curious about Jedit though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Juanito posted:

Awwww I don't know why we don't go for Grandi he's begging for it but ##vote TT

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I can't exactly say I don't sympathise with Juanito's point of view, as I was wondering if we shouldn't abandon the game last week. However, I do think TT is the best pick for scum because of that Lynchbomb claim, which came right after him trying to drag the game back into joke phase two hours before deadline on Day 1. I also think his interaction with ST at that time looks forced, with ST pushing TT in a very non-committal way and TT bantering back.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My scum picks for this game are Hal and either MMM or Jedit. WIth that being said, ##vote TT

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

let me hammer myself?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote TT

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Jedit posted:

I also think his interaction with ST at that time looks forced, with ST pushing TT in a very non-committal way and TT bantering back.

Why does this make him scum over me I do not understand

You used a thing you said mostly about me as a point against him and I am fairly sure you have seem me scum at least enough to know that I am a very bussy scum

I mostly point this out because regardless of the tt flip it feels like it is an early segway into a me chain lynch and it is sketching me a bit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote TT

:redhammer:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

You were already dead after the fourth vote. Jamuraan is listed as alive until Opop gets home.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jedit posted:

You were already dead after the fourth vote. Jamuraan is listed as alive until Opop gets home.

I claimed lynchbomb let me hammer myselaf aaarhghghag

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tremendous Taste, Destroyer, Town Aligned Lynchbomb was killed D4 and took

Juanito, Thor, Town Aligned 1-Shot Vig

With him

It is now N4

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM, Volstagg the Voluminous, Town Aligned Mason, was killed N4

Grandicap, Hogun the Grim, Town Aligned Mason
and
Hal Incandenza, Gor the God Butcher, Self Aligned Unblockable SK
Have been endgamed

Slightly Toasted, Loki, Scum Aligned Illusionist (alt night disguiser/alt night hider)
And
Jedit, Malekith, Scum Aligned Interceptor
Have own for the scum team

• Locked thread