Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Buy a Flolem, +AV for Franken Castle, Keep Ras'Al until we have enough money to get a newer, better Ghoul.

Now watch as Ras'Al gets all the MVPs from now until the time he gets sacked. Weep bitter tears because Blood Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Flesh Golem, Kick and Keep 2x

Kick means more screen time of the goofy zombie punts, and that's payment enough for me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

The Ghoul isn't deadweight.

6/3/3/7 Dodge is a decent player that's still 2 MA and a point of Agi better than most of what we have.

They don't even add TV unless they're playing in that match, so it's not like you're trimming TV for our next match by firing a player on a broke as gently caress team that's about to run into Norse with all of its valuable players.

Seconding this. Ghouls are bad enough SPP sinks to begin with that we want to replace him soon, but with most of our team being 4mv 2ag a slow ghoul is still better than none. Necro teams have a lot of demand for mobile players to provide marking/assists, and having a throwaway ghoul gives us an easy way to do that without tying up valuable wights and werewolves.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
So many things to vote on. Okay

Kick for our Zombie. No one else has it, it's too good of a skill to ignore but too niche to give it to any of our more important players. So give it to the Zombie.
Stay on target, get the Flolem. We need things to hold the line in light of us being down two of our ball running players.
Keep Blitzer Smashed knees never hurt anyone, we sunk 120k into the Werewolf lets at least get some use out of him before we consider booting him.
Keep Ras'al for now broken ankles maybe but at the very least he still has Dodge. and like jBereton said, even with -1 MA, he is still faster then most players on our team and packing Dodge to boot. If he doesn't get any levels up later though or he gets another permanent injury, we should put him down.

Is it weird how the difference between our main positional players is so stark?

MacGruff? Hands down Star player, Wolf Number 2? Hospitalized frequently
Beefslab? Feeds the other team knuckle sandwiches. Flesh Prince? Feeds the worms
Santos von Hammerstein? Tied 1st most valuable player. Ras'al? Will never catch up, figuratively and now literally.
Dr. Wight? Death on two legs. Wight Power? Walking elf shaped punching bag.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Jesus, you go through more players than the Skaven LP did.

+AV for the stupid zombie, and it's time to permanently bury Ra's al Ghul so I never have to hear you mispronounce his name again, and also because a -MA ghoul is about as useful as a -MA skink.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Buy a Flolem, get Kick on the MVP stealing bastard.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

A remainder: Santos has never not come through. He beat the poo poo out of a vampire this match, he's amazing.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Just a thing from last match; Sweltering Heat is not the same thing as Very Sunny.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

jBrereton posted:

The Ghoul isn't deadweight.

6/3/3/7 Dodge is a decent player that's still 2 MA and a point of Agi better than most of what we have.

They don't even add TV unless they're playing in that match, so it's not like you're trimming TV for our next match by firing a player on a broke as gently caress team that's about to run into Norse with all of its valuable players.

Oh OK, I thought the entire squad affected TV? Must admit I don't really get the TV manipulation thing some people talk about in this thread! In that case I'll change my vote to keep the ghoul. Let him live the blood Bowl dream that little bit longer (and/or go out in a blaze of glory/failure).

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Cutscene Powers posted:

Oh OK, I thought the entire squad affected TV? Must admit I don't really get the TV manipulation thing some people talk about in this thread! In that case I'll change my vote to keep the ghoul. Let him live the blood Bowl dream that little bit longer (and/or go out in a blaze of glory/failure).
Right, your TV is calculated on a match-by-match basis.

It's every available player's TV, plus half the normal purchase cost of your rerolls (so 70 per reroll for Necromantic), plus 10k extra for every Fan Factor (currently 60k), 10k per Cheerleader and Assistant Coach, and 50 for the team apothecary if your team gets one.

Every skill you get on a player from their normal skillups (general for Zombies, general and strength for Wights, etc.) makes that player cost 20k more TV, every skill they only get on doubles costs 30k (for example Pass on our Wight), and then off the top of my head, the attributes cost I think 30k for +MA and AV, 40k for +AG, and 50k for +ST?

You don't get your TV reduced for losing attribute points on your players in the same way.

So losing the (completely fresh) Wolf and Ghoul for next match puts the team down nearly 200 TV.

Outside of tournaments you don't need to care particularly hard about TV, but it does make certain choices questionable (do Ogres really want a 70k ST2 Snotling because they rolled double sixes on their level up? Only if they are really, really committed to making a bad team).

e: It's also important to note that Team Value differences only really matter at increments of 50 and 100k for most teams in Cyanide's Blood Bowl, because they don't have pretty much every single horribly balanced Star Player from the boardgame like Fumbbl.

For our team,

50k TV difference can get us a Bloodweiser Babe (makes even zombies randy enough to get up from KOs easier, +1 per babe)
100k TV difference gets us an Igor (reroll a Regen), or an extra team reroll for that match, or a Bribe (helps with fouls)
150k TV difference can get us a Wizard (target one player, on a 2+ they fall down and get mighty blow'd, or a 3x3 square for a Fireball that does the same to everyone standing indiscriminately on a 4+), or any combination of the prior things.

If it's even worse than that, there are a couple of star players for Necromantic, and you can get a Halfling Master Chef for 300k - you roll 3d6 at the start of each half, on any 4+, you take a reroll off the other team and add it to your own - yes that does mean we could start with 6 rerolls and the other team with zero. Can also totally fail, though.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 11, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The reason I had been holding off on discussing TV is because

A. For you, dear viewer, it doesn't matter a whole ton
B. Jesus Christ there's a lot that goes into it, pull out your calculators y'all

However, having said that, the best teams are obviously those which are extremely effective while using as little TV as possible. Minmaxing your team's TV won't guarantee you win every game but it will certainly work in your favor. However, I am both expecting and hoping that nobody will care about minmaxing this LP team, so I've avoided going in-depth about it, especially because Cyanide does a lot of the math for you.

TV is not one of those things which you need to know about to gain a beginner knowledge for Blood Bowl, if you're playing matches you'll sorta pick up on it. But basically, TV is functionally the total value of everything you bring to the match with you. If your players are MNG (as Ra's Al and Blitzer are) then they don't factor in to TV. Same with the current team treasury.

Tally time, voting closes in ~24 hours

Actually let's make this easier, we're buying a Flolem. Give him a name

Franken Castle Level
Kick - 8
+MA - 5
+AV - 8
Kickoff Return - 1
Shadowing - 1
Dirty Player - 1

Spending Our DoughNaming the new Flolem
Hustle N. Flolem - 4
Flesh Gordon - 1
Perils Of The Flesh - 1
Spirit Is Willing - 1
Flesh Lite - 1
A Flesh Beginning - 1

And just so we're clear, if somebody made a post like "Fire Ra's Al" or "Fire Blitzer" but not explicitly saying to rebuy a Ghoul or Wolf, I'm not counting those towards anything. That'll be a vote for another time.

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 11, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He should be called Poppin Flesh.

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
kick is distinctly not the king of skills, but it has my vote. Hustle N. Flolem has its charms.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Changed Vote

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 12, 2014

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I have to say Kick and The Spirit Is Willing.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
+MA to Franken Castle because fast zombies are trendy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

+MA to Franken Castle because fast zombies are trendy.

+MA means he's almost as good as a skeleton!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
get kick because even though its a dumb skill for elves it's still better than AV because it is less TV.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
How can you possibly resist Flesh AAAaaaAAA Gordon

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

GoatLord posted:

He'll save everyone of us. :unsmith:

Gonna throw in my vote with this name.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Flesh Gordon gets my vote.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, I'm in on Flesh Gordon.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

apostateCourier posted:

Flesh Gordon gets my vote.

Definitely this

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Flesh Gordon will save us

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GoatLord posted:

THIS!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Kick and Flesh Gordon

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

CuwiKhons posted:

Flesh Gordon will save us

Flesh... Flesh I love you, but we have only seven votes to save the team!

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I don't have anything witty to go with it but I do vote for Flesh Gordon!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

ArkInBlack posted:

I don't have anything witty to go with it but I do vote for Flesh Gordon!

Don't worry, it wont get better than Flesh AAAaaaAAA

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

On second thought Flesh Gordan

Just a Golem, with a Man's courage

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Oh no, the last minute surge may take Hustle N Flolem away from us.

I already have 2 players named on the team, so it's not a bug deal. However they are MacGruff and Santos, so if you want this flesh golem to be amazing, vote for Hustle.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Flesh AAAaaaAAA

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Making a boring +AV vote because then you can point out every time that extra point of armor saves him from having armor broken.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

StoryTime posted:

Don't worry, it wont get better than Flesh AAAaaaAAA

He's for every one of us, stands firm for every one of us, so how can we not have Flesh Gordon.

Also with this team's luck don't worry we'll have PLENTY of chances to get a hustle and flolem.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

CommaToes posted:

Oh no, the last minute surge may take Hustle N Flolem away from us.

I already have 2 players named on the team, so it's not a bug deal. However they are MacGruff and Santos, so if you want this flesh golem to be amazing, vote for Hustle.

It's a good name, but it is nowhere near Flesh Gordan

And I named the best Flesh Golem on our team, so I know a good Flolem name when I see one.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Holy poo poo yes to Flesh Gordon

Also give that zombie +AV. 70k for no real skills? He's almost an elf lino!

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Kick Zombie, good Zombie.

Frenzy Zombie, best Zombie. I vote for Frenzy.

Keep the Ghoul until we get the cash to replace him.

Name the new guy Flesh Gordon.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Definitely Flesh Gordon.

Frankenstan
Jul 6, 2006
I vote for Flesh Gordon and Kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Switching vote to Flesh AAAaaaAAA Gordon from my own Spirit is Willing. Can't argue with Freddie.

• Locked thread