Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
Meet this poor bastard:

He bought a house. It was a cheap house! It was $175,000 dollars. Not bad. Except it was, everywhere, with everything, constantly, and he's still discovering new poo poo that's wrong comically, insanely wrong with it a year later. He signed a waiver basically waiving any recourse he could ever have and preemptively telling himself to go gently caress himself, which is amazing, because the only reason you would ever sign such a thing is to get screwed.

He got screwed/is getting screwed. Come watch :suspense:

So far just some samples, I'll leave it to you to go digging:

•Drain and water intake combo between sink, shower, and toilet that never works

•Load bearing support? Pffft, previous owners took that poo poo OUT, structural integrity is for cowards

•Cable tv? Anywhere? Anywhere in the house?

No, gently caress you.

•16 year old water heater 4 years past warranty (exploded a couple months ago)

•Screws drilled directly into water pipes, immediately causing mold in walls the second a tap is used

•Built in raccoon habitat

Seriously, go digging, this is already an innaproprate level of detail for a nuGBS thread. Go. Bring back what you find: http://www.hoodwinkedhouse.com/#sthash.NFmOAc30.BImYLWw1.dpbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
how do people so stupid have the money to put a down payment on a $175k house, what the gently caress

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There is literally nothing behind this mans eyes. No emotion, no intelligence. He's got a blanker expression than Terri Schiavo.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
what's wrong with his face?

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Adventure Pigeon posted:

what's wrong with his face?

I'm an rear end in a top hat and took a screencap of him mid-sentence in an interview :devil:

I do feel sorry for him though. Dude's sunk like, 100k into repairing the place and now he's repairing the repairs. Water is seeping through the new cement in his basement.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

It's impossible to know everything about a house before you buy it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Looks like hiring a third party home inspector isn't a requirement where he lives.

USA! USA!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It feels a little like blaming a rape victim, but this guy is a tremendous loving idiot who ignored all possible signs of his impending stretched rear end in a top hat. I notice that he only contacts the county inspector after he's laid his livelihood on the tracks and signed the giant "can we gently caress you with no possible recourse you dolt" form. Holy poo poo.

E: And, of course, gently caress the seller/realtor, obviously.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

JakeP posted:

how do people so stupid have the money to put a down payment on a $175k house, what the gently caress

"Finally a house I can afford! Sure, I'll sign this waiver, its just a formality, I bet!"

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
he did have the place inspected, inspectors are there to find incompetence and negligence not intentionally covered-up fraud.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Alereon posted:

he did have the place inspected, inspectors are there to find incompetence and negligence not intentionally covered-up fraud.

yeah we did this in the OSHA thread too. people think inspectors = wizard or something

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

even tim the toolman taylor be shakin his head at this pitiful domicile

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alereon posted:

idk there was a few things that were hidden in plain sight under a sink or something and im just thinking, why the hell didnt the owner take a peek under there?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

holy gently caress i read that whole thing and that dude got raped

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hedge funds have been buying up properties with cash

'Flip this House!'

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This was the best derail from OSHA thread

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Alereon posted:

For a $300 inspection fee, a different grizzled old gencon came to both of my pending homes (with my presence required) and spent three hours taking pictures while explaining everything he was doing, what he found that was/was not a problem, and delivered a 30-page packet of itemized, multi-disciplinary code footnotes with recommendations for longevity and importance throughout. The OP story dude magically discovered years of raccoon poo poo in his attic and a giant hole where they got in/out, which would have been apparent to even the most cursory inspection.

If he had his home inspected, this dude seems like the kind of guy who would detail getting the inspector's info from the county licensing official who came out afterwards, doesn't he? Not that he'd have to, though, because he would have had to hire the inspector himself if he didn't sign off on the 'as-is' clause, which he did. I don't think this guy got a pre-inspection.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the absolute best part of this is that literally a day after he bought, a tree fell on it.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
this is the f-35 to grover's f-22

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

This thread and the OSHA thread are literally just shitdadstalkabout.php

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Frostwerks posted:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
what kind of idiot drains a flooded basement with a shop vac instead of a sump pump?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Actually the people who remodeled this house are way more competent than Grover ever was.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

it could be worst, at least he didn't buy snake house.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Just like in the OSHA.jpg thread, I have to side with the goons who said this guy says "ILLEGAL" way too loving much.

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I hate you all so much!

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I hate you all so much!

<3

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frostwerks posted:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

bitchtard posted:

yeah we did this in the OSHA thread too. people think inspectors = wizard or something

the inspector didn't need to be a wizard in this case. he just needed to actually do his job, but it wouldn't have made a difference because the guy already bought the place i guess.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

comes along bort posted:

what kind of idiot drains a flooded basement with a shop vac instead of a sump pump?

If he used milk crate bound BitCoin mining rigs to thaw out the west wall ice dam problem this Ouroboros of failure would be nothing less than sublime perfection.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
owning houses is for chumps

rent a nice apartment and never have to fix anything or mow a lawn

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

A misanthrope posted:

I have no desire to own a house when I can rent the top floor of a lovely Victorian townhouse for $400 a month + electric. I plan on staying here as long as my landlord allows it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A misanthrope posted:

*smugly drives past home depot & people having to hire workers to mow their lawn*

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's almost like circumstances and preferences dictate where people want to live and there are manifold scenarios open to those who wish to plan for their future. My friends, this is why I want to invite you all to an investment opportunity I've recently come across. Have you heard of Wherever You're Knee-Deep in Vagina Properties, Inc?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A misanthrope posted:

This is why government owned/low income housing are always such trash heaps.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

owned

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

You Are A Elf posted:

Just like in the OSHA.jpg thread, I have to side with the goons who said this guy says "ILLEGAL" way too loving much.

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz_wJArqSbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Sign this contract, sir! I know it seems sketchy, but we're really nice people! :a2m:

• Locked thread