Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
http://dashcon.tumblr.com/post/91506923986/urgent-please-help

quote:

Hello dashcon please help! The upper management of the hotel is threatening to shut down dashcon, unless we give them $17,000 by 10 p.m. Central Time tonight. Please go to DashCon.org and click the Donate button and give her anything you can. Unless we get this by tonight everything is cancelled. We suspect it’s due to the fact that upper management doesn’t like the people at the con.
Please please donate what you can!!!
Thank you, we have an hour!

Well actually the deadline ended 10 minutes ago but by god this convention will go unabated maybe!

Check the #dashcon tag for deets

http://gingerblivet.tumblr.com/post/91510709174/they-have-herded-everyone-in-every-panel-into-the

quote:

They have herded everyone in every panel into the main ballroom. This is not a drill.
I repeat:
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
DASHCON IS IN DANGER
PLEASE DONATE

Heath fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Heath posted:

http://dashcon.tumblr.com/post/91506923986/urgent-please-help

Well actually the deadline ended 10 minutes ago but by god this convention will go unabated maybe!

musta realized they needed to pay housekeeping overtime on this one

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i didnt help

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
The hotel just brokeshamed them so hard. I'm literally shaking

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
they seriously don't even include an actual link to their site in the post? like im gonna go through the trouble of putting that poo poo all the way up on the address bar ?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
People were standing in the lobby chanting and apparently singing Carry On My Wayward Son even though it appears this entire thing was (surprise) a scam

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

John Denver Hoxha posted:

The hotel just brokeshamed them so hard. I'm literally shaking

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
according to the tumblr tag they promised they'd have the money, and it turns out they just literally were hoping that they'd make it all in time somehow

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I don't know what any of this is & I don't have the energy to navigate that page.

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
somehow this is so, so appropriate lol

how do they have the spoons to actually meet up in public in the first place?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
HOW MANY HAVE BEEN TRIGGERED? WHAT IS THE TRIGGER TOLL? ARE THE NUMBERS GOOD OR ARE THEY LITERALLY SHAKEY?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Judging by the photo, "herded" was the correct word.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
The herd is in danger! Can I use someone's phone to call my mom (dad is out of the picture, don't ask...)

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I don't know what any of this is & I don't have the energy to navigate that page.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

The girl between bright teal hair and lard bucket has hair the color of a baby's first poop.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Let's help these people.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
What do they do at a Tumblr convention? Talk about how oppressed they are while wanking over guys on CW shows?

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!

would be a great time for a shooting, in this poster's opinion.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
would bet money teal hair girl has a tight pussy

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
The average bmi of that room is higher than the average temperature of that room

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

What do they do at a Tumblr convention? Talk about how oppressed they are while wanking over guys on CW shows?

iirc have panel discussion about preventing rape next door to a panel discussion about rape fan fiction

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

paranoid randroid posted:

iirc have panel discussion about preventing rape next door to a panel discussion about rape fan fiction

That makes perfect sense, actually. Ugh.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

*drops down a ham*

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDJgfYAw-g

i really want these people dead, unironically.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
tumblr is the best internet on the internet imo

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

I was curious so I found this schedule

http://dashcon2014b.sched.org/

Now I just want to find the curiousity centre of my brain and scorch it out so this won't happen again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Look at all those white motherfuckers. Where's the loving diversity?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Tochiazuma posted:

future academic disciplines in the making here

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Taint Reaper posted:

Look at all those white motherfuckers. Where's the loving diversity?

lmao it's literally 90% white women

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Tochiazuma posted:

Now I just want to find the curiousity centre of my brain and scorch it out so this won't happen again

Hateful Anons and Beyond: How to Deal With Bullies

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They are the last people I would ever ask for advice for regarding how to deal with a bully

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
shipping 101

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*raises hand* uh yeah i gotta question about trans-atlantic parcel logistics

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Pretty sure the tumbler convention doesn't need MY help

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Feminism is for white women.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
reports from the front lines: dozens literally shaking, many sobbing, some faintings

quote:

You guys who are saying that the save DashCon thing was a scam…
Literally shut the gently caress up.
I’ve been paying attention to and have been involved in this thing since the beginning. You didn’t see Cain break down and run out of one of his panels because of the news he got regarding it. Roxanne was in meetings all day because of it. Meg looked really stressed out… Even before news broke.
These are some dedicated people, to even have this happening… it’s horrible. Upper management probably received complaints because they’re hiding weddings here. Big deal; attendees aren’t going to crash them.
This was literally the biggest gently caress you to a company that was already paid once, who didn’t like the idea of being connected to a social media site they didn’t look at before approving a convention for, and that wanted to poo poo on…well, everybody.
When Cain came up to the stage, when Meg came up to the stage…. I was right in front of them. My heart has been dedicated to these people, this convention, so long that I knew exactly how they felt… I cried. I had to leave the room and have my little sobs of happiness in my room.
DashCon and those who believe in it are amazing and are destined for greater things.
Those who doubt them… I’m ashamed to be I the same blogging platform as you

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I wonder what would happen if a bunch of black guys flooded this convention. Just regular guys, but very black what the general reaction would be

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Ruby got Railed posted:

Pretty sure the tumbler convention doesn't need MY help

Wonder what excuse they'll come up with tomorrow for needing another $15k or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

9goats dead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEDJgfYAw-g

i really want these people dead, unironically.

what the gently caress is with the weird 3 finger nazi salute?

• Locked thread