Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
if you dont know what the gently caress youre doing when it comes to trading items on steam please just ask for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

numberoneposter posted:

still slightly upset i should have just posted it on market and had steam games forever. but those are the risks!

No, they're risks you took because you didn't listen to a loving word we said. Good job losing hundreds of dollars for no reason

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

bpower posted:

Oh man dont get scammed :ohdear:. Do you have friends that can talk you through the trades? The scammers are clever bastards, if anything smells fishy don't do it.

whoknew posted:

No, they're risks you took because you didn't listen to a loving word we said. Good job losing hundreds of dollars for no reason

Hate to be that sort of rear end in a top hat but you should've recognized your own incompetence and asked for help. Let this be a lesson to us all.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
But hey he isn't the only goon who posted here (or in the old thread) about getting a valuable item, ignoring our warnings and then getting upset that we laugh at them for getting scammed.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

bpower posted:

you should've recognized your own incompetence and asked for help.

Yeah, and we even offered plenty of help without being asked. Your just bad.

How did you get scammed? Paypal chrageback or what?

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

quote:

give me ur cs items im legit
/
/
/
/

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Jeez, at least get scammed by Xen.

edit:

Hey hold on guys, I see a mirror so I gotta take this photo for my video game profile.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

quote:

i need u to give the item to a friend for a while so i can make sure you wont scam me
/
/
/
/

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Plum Chaser posted:

But hey he isn't the only goon who posted here (or in the old thread) about getting a valuable item, ignoring our warnings and then getting upset that we laugh at them for getting scammed.

Yup. This is the second time someone has been scammed out of a $400+ item. For fucks sake you goons

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Also, I know you didn't take screenshots of the conversation like a dumbshit, but you should really report the guy on https://steamrep.com if you can.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed

Jeoh posted:

can this be the new thread title

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Necc0 posted:

Yup. This is the second time someone has been scammed out of a $400+ item. For fucks sake you goons

Who was the other one? How can people be that loving stupid?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
I don't know whether to vote this thread 5 or 1 today lmao.

I like that the guy who scammed you is selling your knife for keys like you should have done in the first place, dumbass.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
He's a member of only two groups. One of which seems to be devoted to giving each other "trading rep". That should've enough to put yourself on guard.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

numberoneposter posted:

its for sale yo

http://csgolounge.com/trade?t=17205258

what do i do about these jokers though? the first guys reply is ridiculous.

After making this post why would you trade with a guy whose steam profile is called joker_!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed

Please tell us what the scam was do we can laugh even more about how dumb you are

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Shadowlz posted:

Who was the other one? How can people be that loving stupid?

I dunno but the guy was selling a crimson huntsman iirc

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SaberToothedPie posted:

Jeez, at least get scammed by Xen.

At least I'll make you feel like you're getting a hot deal.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
The next time one of you goons gets a $400+ item just give it to me. At least then you'll be able to come visit it to see how it's doing every now and then (maybe (gonna try to get my rig set up tonight))

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Lmao I get people trying to get my rare dota items every day but I never thought anyone would fall for those people. How did you get scammed? Did they make a better "offer" to exploit greed?

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Necc0 posted:

I dunno but the guy was selling a crimson huntsman iirc

The crimson huntsman was mine. I did not get scammed. My csgo inventory is worth like $900.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

numberoneposter posted:

well i got scammed

Congrats idiot.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

whoknew posted:

The crimson huntsman was mine. I did not get scammed. My csgo inventory is worth like $900.

I think it was still a crimson huntsman, just not yours.

numberoneposter posted:

the game hours are not really there

I don't really get this. His 1,700 hours in csgo isn't enough? What do game hours prove anyways, that they use the account a lot? Cuz it doesn't seem like that'd be a good indicator to tell whether someone might scam you or not.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 12, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

how do i turn this into bicycle parts

I think it was this knife

Sorry about your bicycle #1 Poster

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

kaschei posted:

I think it was this knife

Sorry about your bicycle #1 Poster

No, that was the one that just happened. There was another one that happened in the old thread.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Can we title the thread "Sorry about your bicycle"?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Scammed out of riding bieks, truly a tragedy of the first world.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Why don't people just go to Captain Invictus for real money trades? Does he not do those anymore? Or are you really that stingy enough that you abhor the thought of him taking a 15% cut?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I know I wouldn't give someone a 15% cut. There are other better ways to make sure you don't get scammed.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Necc0 posted:

I see a lot of friends do this irl so this may sound dumb but it's really not: Take your loving hands off the mouse and keyboard after you die. I'm serious. A ton of people stay on while speccing their teammates like they're still playing and I watch their whole body tense up. As soon as you take your hands off you loosey-goosey and everything is ok. Just sit back and chill and reflect on how terribly you played the previous round.

This is good advice. I also will sometimes just tell myself in my head that I have to not tense up (if I tell myself to 'relax' instead I do the opposite) and that seems to work.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

pandaK posted:

Why don't people just go to Captain Invictus for real money trades? Does he not do those anymore? Or are you really that stingy enough that you abhor the thought of him taking a 15% cut?

Isn't the steam marketplace 15%. Who's this guy to want 15% too?

Apogee15 posted:

I know I wouldn't give someone a 15% cut. There are other better ways to make sure you don't get scammed.

Like what, out of curiosity? Certainly if I were that guy, and when it comes time I don't want mine, I'll just dump it on the market so I don't have to deal with scams.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

This might be a dumb question, but my main screen says "mission 1/2". Does this mean I have two different missions that I can pick from or is it just a confusing way to say that I've completed one and have one current mission?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Huge Obamacare Fan posted:

This might be a dumb question, but my main screen says "mission 1/2". Does this mean I have two different missions that I can pick from or is it just a confusing way to say that I've completed one and have one current mission?

You can have a max of two active missions. You currently only have one active uncompleted mission, of two.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
The Steam market vig is just the price you pay for not knowing what you're doing. If you dont want to pay that you can always spend x number of hours researching it enough that you're confident you won't get scammed. I'd rather get a little less than have to learn the latest state-of-the-art scamming techniques. Who wants to delve into that nest of scumbags?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
can someone explain to me how the scam works? (asking in case i haha get a rare skin from a case haha not so i can scam people honest)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Beach Bum posted:

Scammed out of riding bieks, truly a tragedy of the first world.
im a loving idiot and should have my internet privileges revoked

R.I.P.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Plum Chaser posted:

You can have a max of two active missions. You currently only have one active uncompleted mission, of two.

Thanks, spent way too much time trying to select a nonexistent second mission!

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

numberoneposter posted:

im a loving idiot and should have my internet privileges revoked

R.I.P.

We want a loving story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Fauxshiz posted:

We want a loving story
wish it was better, i was doing well off the bat and weeding out the dozens of scammers and then got home from a night on the town and like an idiot turned on my computer instead of just going to bed and then totally loving forgot that CS:GO is full of hackers, scammers, and equal parts idiots like me and then went ahead with this rear end in a top hat who i should have known was just a scammer. like we even talked about currency prices and poo poo so during the negotiation process i hosed up and forget to look at all the tools like that rep site and other huge red flags that now are extremely evident.

• Locked thread