Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Calvinball Mafia is a game of mafia for 13 players.

These rules are permanent and cannot be changed:
  • The game will start with 9 Vanilla Town, 3 Vanilla Scum, and 1 Third Party Anarchist;
  • The game will repeat a cycle of day and night until all threats to the Town have been eliminated or the Scum control the majority vote;
  • The player with a majority vote (##vote [player]) during each day will be instantly killed;
  • In the event a player is not killed via majority vote by the mod-provided deadline, the day will end and night will begin;
  • Player alignment will not change;
  • Players can trust all mod-provided text at all times (i.e. players cannot change flips - janitor or otherwise);
  • The Scum team will have one collective kill each night that cannot be blocked or altered in any way by player rule changes - day will start after this kill is performed; and
  • Players cannot come back to life; and
  • Rule changes / actions that impact an individually named player may only impact one individually named player at a time and must be resolved by the mod before any additional rule changes / actions are requested (i.e. ##throw calvinball at merk must be resolved before any other rule changes or actions are requested and ##throw calvinball at merk, capps, and Fry is an invalid rule change / action.

The mod reserves the right to alter the permanent rules at any time in the event that players are awful.

These rules are not permanent and subject to player ridiculousness ->
Primary Rule: The following rules are subject to be changed, amended, or deleted by any player(s) involved.

1.0. The following words in these rules are mostly freely interchangeable, the Primary Rule applies:
-Can
-May
-Must
-Shall
-Should
-Will
-Would

1.1. All players must wear a Calvinball mask which hides their alignment publicly.

1.2 Any player may declare a new rule at any point in the game. The player may do this audibly or silently depending on what zone (Refer to Rule 1.5) the player is in.

1.3. A player may use the Calvinball in any way the player see fits, whether it be to incur injury upon other players or to gain benefits for himself.

1.4. Any penalty legislation may be in the form of pain, embarassment, or any degradation the rulee wishes to execute upon the other player.

1.5 The Calvinball Field should consist of areas, or zones, which are governed by a set of rules declared by players. Zones may be appear and disappear as often and wherever the player decides. For example, a corollary zone would enable a player to make a corollary (sub-rule) to any rule already made. Or a pernicious poem place would require the intruder to do what the name implies. Or an opposite zone would enable a player to declare reverse playibility on the others. (Remember, the player would declare this zone oppositely by not declaring it.)

1.6 Flags shall be named by players whom shall also assign the power and rules which shall govern that flag.

1.7 Songs are an integral part of Calvinball and verses must be sung spontaneously through the game when randomly assigned events occur.

1.8 Score may be kept or disregarded. In the event that score is kept, it shall have no bearing on the game nor shall it have any logical consistency to it. (Legal scores include 'Q to 12', 'BW-109 to YU-34, and 'Nosebleed to Pelvic Fracture'.)

merk fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Player List:
  1. Eight Dollars
  2. EpicPhoton
  3. Ernie.
  4. Grandicap
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. Juanito
  7. KhyrosFinalCut
  8. MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  9. mr.capps
  10. Opopanax
  11. Philip J. Fry
  12. Poque
  13. windshipper

Alignments:
Town: You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Scum: You win when your Scum team controls the majority vote.
Anarchist: You win when the game is so hosed up that the players issue a majority vote to end it or less than four posts happen during any single game day phase.

Active Rules:
##rule Create Two Zones: The Speaking Zone, and the Action Zone. If you are in the Speaking Zone, you may only speak. If you are in the Action Zone, you may only perform actions.
##rule [All] Speaking zone players must roleplay an old-timey detective during their time in the zone

##rule When anyone mentions the person who has the Red Compliment Flag they must give that person a very nice compliment. The flag can be given to anyone at any time.
##rule If hit by the Calvinball the person throwing the ball can move the person hit to the zone of the person throwing's choice
##create zone - Whaling Zone (any player who does not kill a whale in the whaling zone has their score reset to "Landlubber" at the end of the day)
##create rule - players must use :siren: when using the Calvinball.
##rule to preserve merk's sanity, each player may only create or modify X rules per day where x is the absolute value of the equation |(#of living players) - (game day#)

##create Ishmael zone within action zone - players with whale points can spend them inside this zone. For each 6 whale points they spend, an individual can choose a rule they don't have to follow (not including the merk's sanity rule). While in this zone everyone must call the players in the zone Ishmael.
##rule - calvinball can be thrown anywhere
##rule all calvinball throws through and between zones must be approved by Ernie.
##rule any Calvinball throws disapproved by Ernie will result in his removal from the game
##rule - any rules Ernie makes only apply to Ernie, retroactive to the start of the day
##rule if Ernie is to ever be removed from the game, he instead ascends into the heavens and achieves a third party victory
##rule Calvinballs are now refer to as Cowabungaballs
##rule everytime someone uses the calvin ball they have to link a vocaroo of them singing the TMNT theme song
##create rule Universal Suffrage, all players have a 1-shot teleportation to the Voting Zone
##new rule, Capps becomes Storm of the X-Men and may control weather in any Zone.

Zones ->
Action Zone (Calvinball, Calvinball Duplicate): Ernie, Juanito (Red Compliment Flag), mrcapps (Effect: Storm), Everyone Else
--Ishmael Zone: merk

Speaking Zone:

Whaling Zone:

KFC Zone: KFC

Scores ->
Hal Incandenza: 6 Whale
KFC: 0 Whale (converted all to armor)
Ixtilton: 6 Whale
Everyone Else: 0 Whale

Hal: 3 Spectator Points
Ernie: 4 peace points

merk fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 18, 2014

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yes, I want to play this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sign me up
and cheat the system to give me an anarchist role, you know i will excel at that

EpicPhoton
Feb 1, 2013

You have the opportunity to take a one way trip with a crew of ~20 to Mars. You'll be supplied, sent food and equipment once you land.
But you might never come back. You might never talk face-to-face with anyone from back home again. You might die on a cold, dusty rock.

Do you go?
I would like to play this.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Why not. Im in.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
If you don't mind that I can't start until Sunday, I'd like to play. If you want to start earlier, feel free to decline.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I'm going to be busy as gently caress this weekend. But I want in on this game.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
I'm in!

I hope the people who get voted out have to sing the "I'm Very Sorry" Song.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Eight Dollars posted:

I'm in!

I hope the people who get voted out have to sing the "I'm Very Sorry" Song.

http://vocaroo.com/

(Not in this to play... just providing help for entertainment purposes and to watch with great glee when I have time)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

In it to break it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

In it to break it.

You are a bad person who never sent me my secret santa present. I will never stop voting you.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Sign me up!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Grandicap posted:

You are a bad person who never sent me my secret santa present. I will never stop voting you.

Oh gently caress.

CHRISTMAS IN JULY IT IS, THEN.

PM me your info, I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i am in this, too!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to play in this so I can help eliminate bad people like The Betrayer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We need one more player.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm one more player!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Role PMs are out. You should have received one of: 1) Town; 2) Scum; and 3) Anarchist. Alignment is in the op. No flavor for role PMs, but there will be flavor during the game.

merk fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 12, 2014

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

With the morning Saturday sun, the players all take the pitch.
What fun will be had today, it is sure to be rich.
Oh Calvinball Calvinball, we all sing the starting song.
The game is now begun, opened with that familiar ding dong.

DING DONG DING DONG

##rule Create Two Zones: The Speaking Zone, and the Action Zone. If you are in the Speaking Zone, you may only speak. If you are in the Action Zone, you may only perform actions.

Mod Outcome of Rule: Two Zones Created; All players start in the Action Zone.

This is Calvinball; be creative. Create zones with rules, place players in zones, assign points for actions, do crazy poo poo, who cares?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Eight Dollars, EpicPhoton, Ernie., Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Poque, windshipper

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##enter Speaking zone

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##rule Speaking Zone has a capacity of 1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Juanito enters the Speaking Zone! He may now speak!
RULE ADDITION: The Speaking Zone has a capacity of 1.
FAILURE! Juanito attempted to define a rule in the Speaking Zone! Actions cannot be made in the Speaking Zone!

merk fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 12, 2014

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

(Not in this to play... just providing help for entertainment purposes and to watch with great glee when I have time)

*cough*

Sorry. :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

windshipper posted:

*cough*

Sorry. :(

Oh, my bad! Game still continues. I'll replace windshipper ASAP.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##rule Speaking zone player must roleplay an old-timey detective during their time in the zone

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Can I say a rule if I can't define with an action?

I rule that you can only enter the speaking zone if your name ends in a vowel.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

Can I say a rule if I can't define with an action?

I rule that you can only enter the speaking zone if your name ends in a vowel.

You can't create rules in the Speaking Zone because you can't perform actions. You can only speak in the Speaking Zone. If you had done your ##enter and ##rule actions backwards, you would have been successful.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Eight Dollars posted:

##rule Speaking zone player must roleplay an old-timey detective during their time in the zone

All players in the Speaking Zone must now roleplay an old-timey detective while in the Speaking Zone!

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Can't find my magnifying glass, so no point in dusting for prints, Watson.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##rule Six people may enter the speaking zone at one time.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Eight Dollars posted:

Clever, my dear Watson

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Eight Dollars posted:

Success! The max capacity of the Speaking Now is now six players!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I will replace windshipper.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ixtlilton posted:

I will replace windshipper.

Ixlilton replaces windshipper.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

##place Red Compliment Flag into action zone

##rule When anyone mentions the person who has the Red Compliment Flag they must give that person a very nice compliment. The flag can be given to anyone at any time.

##rule Create voting zone - the voting zone is the only place a person can vote in this game of Calvinball.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): Eight Dollars, EpicPhoton, Ernie., Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Ixtlilton, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry, Poque

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Eight Dollars posted:

##place Red Compliment Flag into action zone

##rule Create voting zone - the voting zone is the only place a person can vote in this game of Calvinball.

Success!

NEW ITEM: Compliment Flag (located in Action Zone)
NEW ZONE: Voting Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##Enter Action Zone

• Locked thread