Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##use item duplicator on myself to create a duplicate of myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Mafia edit:

mr.capps posted:

##create zone Straight Zone: Straight zone is a boundary zone that exists around the T E R R O R Z O N E. To Enter the T E R R O R Z O N E you must past through the Straight Zone and to exit the T E R R O R Z O N E you must past through the Straight Zone. Every time someone passes through the straight zone the homophobia meter goes up by one.

mr.capps posted:

By Jupiter's beard! :shrek:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

:shrek:

This will be pure madness - like the opium I smoke every night as a detective! It does not impair my judgement though!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##rule I learn the alignment of any player tag by the left hand of my duplicate. This is PM to me.
##rule Any player tag by the right hand of my duplicate acts as if they have just been hit by a calvinball and obey all the rules that apply.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##rule any player licked by my duplicate immediately becomes masons with me.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##enter Speaking Zone, also I'm gay

You should probably wait until your actions goes through, I'm pretty sure players don't count as items. Unless you want people carrying around 3 other players.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

You should probably wait until your actions goes through, I'm pretty sure players don't count as items. Unless you want people carrying around 3 other players.

My good sir, I do believe you should be speaking as if you were smoking a pipe and solving a crime. Such as what happened to Old Lady Wellington!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You don't have to enter the speaking zone to speak you know, the rule is you can only speak in that zone, not that you can't speak in other zones.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

By Jove, I don't know what got into me! Those murders aren't going to solve themselves! Also, in the actions zone you can only act, I did need to leave it to deliver my very important message to you, sir capps. It might help us solve these terrible murders!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You could have come to the shop zone and bought something :'(

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

No problem my good chum. We need all the help we can get to solve this diabolical situation! So long as you know the score.

Also by Lord Wembley's boots I also forgot a rule myself while correcting you. Curse the fiend Juanito - as handsome and wonderful as he is.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

Success. capps is now a Double Voter.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

##rule I learn the alignment of any player tag by the left hand of my duplicate. This is PM to me.
##rule Any player tag by the right hand of my duplicate acts as if they have just been hit by a calvinball and obey all the rules that apply.

Failure. Rules cannot activate private messages or private actions.
Success.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ixtlilton posted:

Success.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

##rule any player licked by my duplicate immediately becomes masons with me.

Failure. Rules cannot create private actions.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##rule any players with duplicates must perform actions as many times as they have duplicates, or else all their actions fail

##action create duplicate zone inside the T E R R O R Z O N E where all duplicates must stay until an action is performed by them

(theoretically capps shouldn't be able to use his double-vote anymore with this in effect)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##action create E R N I E Z O N E surrounding all other zones, any player using the E R N I E Z O N E to move between zones must surrender autonomy of one of their votes to Ernie. at any point in the game that Ernie. requests it, this is only applicable once per lifetime of player per game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

##rule any players with duplicates must perform actions as many times as they have duplicates, or else all their actions fail
##action create duplicate zone inside the T E R R O R Z O N E where all duplicates must stay until an action is performed by them
##action create E R N I E Z O N E surrounding all other zones, any player using the E R N I E Z O N E to move between zones must surrender autonomy of one of their votes to Ernie. at any point in the game that Ernie. requests it, this is only applicable once per lifetime of player per game

Success.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (12): Eight Dollars, EpicPhoton, Ernie., Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Ixtlilton, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, mr.capps, Opopanax, Philip J. Fry

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait, so I have to do 2 actions because I have a duplicate or do actions twice because I have a duplicate?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##action send telegram to capps telling him that he has to repeat himself repeat himself

EpicPhoton
Feb 1, 2013

You have the opportunity to take a one way trip with a crew of ~20 to Mars. You'll be supplied, sent food and equipment once you land.
But you might never come back. You might never talk face-to-face with anyone from back home again. You might die on a cold, dusty rock.

Do you go?
##enter Speaking Zone also I'm straight.

Gadzooks! The gentleman, Mr. Capps, will have us fondling the Queen's jewels by the end of the day. We also cannot abide a rock and homophobia based economy. For the good of queen and country I declare him a scoundrel.

##enter Voting Zone

##vote Capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##rule, every time a rule is broken the homophobia meter goes up by one

##create zone Sacrifice a Duplicate Zone, this zone exists in the Duplicate zone: If a duplicate enters this zone they are automatically sacrificed to Cthulhu which raises the Cthulhu meter by 1. If the Cthulhu ever reaches 10 the game is over for everyone and no one but Cthulhu wins.
##create zone Sacrifice a Duplicate Zone, this zone exists in the Duplicate zone: If a duplicate enters this zone they are automatically sacrificed to Cthulhu which raises the Cthulhu meter by 1. If the Cthulhu ever reaches 10 the game is over for everyone and no one but Cthulhu wins.

##have duplicate sacrifice himself

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Say chaps, could someone possibly either get me out of the T E R R O R Z O N E or make a Circle of Purification zone that would counteract this damned Cthulu nonsense (sounds Oriental, don't like it). Also please get me out. It's nearly tea time!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I too remember the Boxer Rebellion :britain:

I'll try to get you out, chap!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Or wait, I say, what year are we in, Mr. 8bux?

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Or wait, I say, what year are we in, Mr. 8bux?

*consults pocket watch*

Why I believe we're in old-timey AD Mr. Ixt! That means that as long as you can consider it old-timey I believe it could still count - unless someone clarifies in the rules. Long live the multiple Queens and also Kings and presidents if you'd rather be a hard-knuckled detective in Los Angeles (whatever that is) in the 1950s!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EpicPhoton posted:

##enter Speaking Zone also I'm straight.

Gadzooks! The gentleman, Mr. Capps, will have us fondling the Queen's jewels by the end of the day. We also cannot abide a rock and homophobia based economy. For the good of queen and country I declare him a scoundrel.

##enter Voting Zone

##vote Capps

Success, however, EpicPhoton has broken a rule.

mr.capps posted:

Success. mr.capps has lost his duplicate and, therefore, his Double Vote.

merk fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 12, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##enter speaking zone

Oh god what have I gotten myself into? Here in the year 1863 that is

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

##enter speaking zone

Oh god what have I gotten myself into? Here in the year 1863 that is

Success; however, Opopanax has broken a rule.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##rule Everybody in the speaking area must RP as this man

while still being an old timey detective

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
##enter Voting Zone and I'm gay

##vote Capps

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##enter Action Zone and I'm gay

##create rule: when capps gets lynched, all his rules are eliminated

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

##enter Voting Zone and I'm gay

##vote Capps

mr.capps posted:

##rule Everybody in the speaking area must RP as this man

while still being an old timey detective

Juanito posted:

##enter Action Zone and I'm gay

##create rule: when capps gets lynched, all his rules are eliminated

Success.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##rule the zone capps is in can't be used to create new rules. zone changes if capps changes zone.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##create rule Everytime a rule is successfully followed, the Homophobia meter resets to 0

##enter Sacrifice a Duplicate Zone, I am heterosexual

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##rule If you move out of the voting zone your vote immediately becomes void.
##rule If any rule is eliminated or voided all rules are reset.
##rule Every time a rule is removed the Cthulhu meter goes up by one.
##rule All other rules must be removed before the Cthulhu meter rule for the Cthulhu meter rule to be removed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

mr.capps posted:

##rule All other rules must be removed before the Cthulhu meter rule for the Cthulhu meter rule to be removed.

God damnit lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Juanito posted:

##rule the zone capps is in can't be used to create new rules. zone changes if capps changes zone.

Grandicap posted:

##create rule Everytime a rule is successfully followed, the Homophobia meter resets to 0

##enter Sacrifice a Duplicate Zone, I am heterosexual

mr.capps posted:

Success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
New permanent rule: Rules are processed from top to bottom on the master rule list.

• Locked thread