Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

nexus6 posted:

Care to share that?

I take it back, here it is:
https://userstyles.org/styles/103096/somethingmodern

However it's still buggy and I'm getting burnt out on it so I am totally open to people forking it to add more.

I would like to make a dark version after this one is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Anyone had Aurora being very crashy the last week or so? Windows 8.1 x64.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Anyone had Aurora being very crashy the last week or so? Windows 8.1 x64.
A cache-related patch on June 28th was broken as poo poo, it was backed out on the 29th so I think builds from the 30th and on should be fine. If you still have crashes, you might try disabling the new cache backend via about :config at browser.cache.use_new_backend_temp to false.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Any idea why my Firefox ESR crashes on Windows 8.1 whenever I change resolution (due to a game launching or me turning on my connected HDTV)?

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

fookolt posted:

Any idea why my Firefox ESR crashes on Windows 8.1 whenever I change resolution (due to a game launching or me turning on my connected HDTV)?
Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers. If an AMD card, use the latest Beta drivers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gorilla Salad posted:

Does anyone know a good extension for replacing individual images on a site?

Quoting myself because I found the answer in Yahoo Answers (of all places)

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        Replace Annoying Avatars

// @namespace   http://*

// @description Replace Annoying Avatars

// @include       http://*
// ==/UserScript==

var images = document.getElementsByTagName ("img");
var x=0;
while(x<images.length)
{
if(images[x].src == "ORIGINAL IMAGE")
{
images[x].src = "REPACEMENT IMAGE";
}
x=x+1;
} 
Hooray for not having to think for myself :hf:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 5, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

As regards control over animated images: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/toggle-animated-gifs/

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

The Dave posted:

This is getting really addicting, wish I could do something to the image buttons but it looks like few have unique classes.

EDIT: I have the opacity down on avatars for work, but I can hover them to see 100%.
Nice, you've made SA look like a brain-melting modern Google website where everything is grey and white, and there are zero borders or lines to separate neither content nor controls. I can't believe someone would willingly do that. :monocle:

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Pilsner posted:

Nice, you've made SA look like a brain-melting modern Google website where everything is grey and white, and there are zero borders or lines to separate neither content nor controls. I can't believe someone would willingly do that. :monocle:

I only want someone to fix the old black theme! (Oh, and the one change I always made when it was usable: Verdana).

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

HalloKitty posted:

I only want someone to fix the old black theme! (Oh, and the one change I always made when it was usable: Verdana).

I have a fix for that: http://pastebin.com/DkEa3Uwa

It's the dark theme with the CSS stuff fixed to match the current-day forum stylesheets, and for you the fonts already changed to Verdana.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pilsner posted:

Oh no how will I ever find the quote button without borders and shadows!

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's the dark theme with the CSS stuff fixed to match the current-day forum stylesheets, and for you the fonts already changed to Verdana.

It was set to Helvetica, which pretty much defaulted to Arial, so I changed that quickly and I'm back up and running. drat that was quick. Thank you!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The Dave posted:

Oh no how will I ever find the quote button without borders and shadows!

Haha, seriously. Looks pretty boss to me.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Anyone know how to get rid of the right-click context menu entry "Search [your default search engine] for "Selected link"..."?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

jeeves posted:

Anyone know how to get rid of the right-click context menu entry "Search [your default search engine] for "Selected link"..."?

Oh god this, this is driving me crazy and I'm pretty sure it only just recently started to happen. Maybe an addon updated did this?

Using the above link as an example http://pastebin.com/DkEa3Uwa before you were able to highlight a part of the link like 'pastebin' then right click > search Google and it would act as if you just typed 'pastebin' in the Google search, now no matter how you highlight a link it will always search the link in full such as 'http://pastebin.com/DkEa3Uwa' in Google.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
An AMD driver update somehow opened an ancient beta version of Firefox on my machine instead of the current version of Firefox. Which means an ancient beta version poked at my profile. Now text rendering is sometimes hosed up in weird ways. Is there any way of fixing this short of resetting Firefox and reinstalling all my addons?

edit for an example

Popup text immediately after being displayed:

Popup text shortly afterward:

edit: Restarted Firefox for the third time since this happened and now text is normal. The first restart fixed Australis, the second fixed nothing, the third fixed text. Hopefully the fourth doesn't break anything.

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 12, 2014

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Pilsner posted:

Lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
To anyone running the YouTube Center Greasemonkey addon - it's now an extension in its own right.

Also, it no longer works as a Greasemonkey script. You can still play YouTube videos if they're embedded elsewhere, but if you try to play them on YouTube itself, you'll just see a black box where the video should be.

Also, also, the import settings button in the extension doesn't work for poo poo and won't recognize the old script's settings. So be prepared to either take a lot of notes or take a lot of screenshots if you want to keep your settings.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

HalloKitty posted:

It was set to Helvetica, which pretty much defaulted to Arial, so I changed that quickly and I'm back up and running. drat that was quick. Thank you!

I tweaked this a bit to fix some ugliness in the search, control panel, and private messages areas, and also unfucked the indentation so it's easier to read.
http://pastebin.com/T3tAGpCW

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

SamDabbers posted:

I tweaked this a bit to fix some ugliness in the search, control panel, and private messages areas, and also unfucked the indentation so it's easier to read.
http://pastebin.com/T3tAGpCW

An excellent tweak. Cheers!

To be honest, it could use going back up on userstyles.org so all can find it.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Im_Special posted:

Oh god this, this is driving me crazy and I'm pretty sure it only just recently started to happen. Maybe an addon updated did this?

Using the above link as an example http://pastebin.com/DkEa3Uwa before you were able to highlight a part of the link like 'pastebin' then right click > search Google and it would act as if you just typed 'pastebin' in the Google search, now no matter how you highlight a link it will always search the link in full such as 'http://pastebin.com/DkEa3Uwa' in Google.

This seems like another odd addition to Firefox. The corporate conspiracy nutter in me thinks it is another stipulation of the huge amount of money Google throws at Firefox to be their default search provider, but heh.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Well while people are fixing SA related things, can anyone re-port this to Greasemonkey from scriptish?

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @id             jerkikosnewtabs
// @name           jerkikosnewtabs
// @version        1.0
// @namespace      
// @author         
// @description    
// @include        http://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @run-at         document-end
// ==/UserScript==

var forum = document.getElementById("forum");
if (forum)
{	
	var button = document.createElement("a");
	button.href = "#";
	button.innerHTML = "Open New Posts in New Tabs";
	button.style.cssFloat = "right";
	button.style.marginRight = "8px";
	button.addEventListener("click", NewPostsInNewTabs, false);

var where = document.evaluate("THEAD/TR/TH[contains(@class,'title')]",
			forum, null, 7, null);
	where = where.snapshotItem(0);
	if (where)
	{
		where.insertBefore(button,where.firstChild);
	}
}

function NewPostsInNewTabs(event)
{
	var eval, node, name;
	event.preventDefault();
	eval = document.evaluate("TBODY/TR/TD/DIV/DIV/A[contains(@class,'count')]",
			document.getElementById("forum"), null, 7, null);
	OpenTabLoop(eval);

return;
}

var i =0;
function OpenTabLoop(eval){
	if (i < eval.snapshotLength){
		setTimeout(function(){		
			node = eval.snapshotItem(i);
			name = node.parentNode.nextSibling.nextSibling.childNodes[1].innerHTML;
			i++;
			OpenTabLoop(eval);
			GM_openInTab(node,name);

},(i*3)+250);
	}

}
The purpose of the script is to add an "Open New Posts in New Tabs" link to the top of forum views and the user control panel/bookmarks, which then iterates through and opens each thread with new posts in a new tab. It was working as-is in Scriptish 0.1.11 which was originally Greasemonkey forked to work in Firefox 4+; but now Scriptish has gone kinda dead so I'm switching back to Greasemonkey to use other scripts.

Right now, in current Greasemonkey, it successfully places the "Open New Posts in New Tabs" link where it's supposed to be, but clicking won't do anything; I imagine it's because there's some syntax changes between Scriptish and Greasemonkey.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Gorilla Salad posted:

To anyone running the YouTube Center Greasemonkey addon - it's now an extension in its own right.

Also, it no longer works as a Greasemonkey script. You can still play YouTube videos if they're embedded elsewhere, but if you try to play them on YouTube itself, you'll just see a black box where the video should be.

So whats the course of action then? Wait for the YouTube Center guy to update the addon (he is fixing it right?), or look for an alternative YouTube Center?

jeeves posted:

This seems like another odd addition to Firefox. The corporate conspiracy nutter in me thinks it is another stipulation of the huge amount of money Google throws at Firefox to be their default search provider, but heh.

I did some digging and it just seems this is a bug in Firefox 29/30 and is fixed in 31. (Bug 985824)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Im_Special posted:

So whats the course of action then? Wait for the YouTube Center guy to update the addon (he is fixing it right?), or look for an alternative YouTube Center?
The developer version works fine for me:
https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki/Developer-Version

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Works great, thanks.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I had to switch to the dev version around Aurora 29. That one's worked a treat since, and the developer updates it at least every few weeks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Im_Special posted:

The YouTube Center extension is made by the same person who makes the YouTube Center Greasemonkey script. They look and work exactly the same. Once running you can't tell them apart.

It's just that you need to manually import your settings over from the script to the extension.

I took about 20 screenshots, one of each tab for the script. Then I uninstalled the script and installed the extension and changed all the settings to the same as I had before. Only took a couple of minutes and it's definitely worth it. I don't think I could use YouTube anymore without YouTube Center.

Or you can do that :v:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
This may have been answered before, but is there any way I can get firefox to display SA in YOPOS theme exclusively? This white on grey is bugging my eyes out!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I imagine you could use stylish and just paste in one of those YOSPOS stylesheets. Some goons have also made dark theme's that aren't YOSPOSy.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Okay, found on one that is sort of readable. I guess I'll have to learn to tweak the colours.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SpannerX posted:

This may have been answered before, but is there any way I can get firefox to display SA in YOPOS theme exclusively? This white on grey is bugging my eyes out!

Whoah, you prefer that? I had to stop reading YOSPOS because it made me blind whenever I looked away from the monitor.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Whoah, you prefer that? I had to stop reading YOSPOS because it made me blind whenever I looked away from the monitor.

Yup, long time looking at radar at night.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Use adblock to block 219.css.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yahoo seems to have infiltrated by browser somehow. Usually when I drag text from wherever into the address bar, it makes an automatic google search. However now it's a Yahoo search and I don't know what I could have installed to make this happen. I checked Add-ons and Extensions and my control panel shows nothing installed over the last few days that could account for it. Anyone else had this happen?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Found an issue where Firefox 31 updates now open pop-ups generated by Microsoft Silverlight that are blank instead of the generated Silverlight content. :(

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

How do I get rid of this thing at the top? My mouse has forward/back buttons and I don't need ANOTHER way to accidentally add bookmarks.
It showed up after the update to Firefox 32, I think.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

How do I get rid of this thing at the top? My mouse has forward/back buttons and I don't need ANOTHER way to accidentally add bookmarks.

To be fair, those are replacing individual context menu items that already existed for each of those actions (which I admittedly didn't use, either). I assume that you could hide them by editing userChrome.css, if nothing else. The IDs might even be the same as before.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Is there any fix for Firefox 31 and VMware vCloud Director plugin? Looks like support died from version 30 and no updates from VMware since.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Seems that the latest round of updates have made rendered the Fancy SA Forums addon incompatible. Might it be possible to replicate its effects via Stylish or another applicable extension?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Surely these actually take up LESS space than the previous context menu items..
You have an area 1924 pixels vs 5104 pixels in the old menu to "accidentally bookmark" a page.

It makes the menu more compact, and uses familiar icons from the rest of the UI.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 30, 2014