Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's Awful Survivor! Twenty people, all on one grand adventure, with one goal in mind: the $75 Amazon.com Grand Prize! Some of you may see some familiar faces, some players you're total strangers to. Either way, most of you may be bonded after this is all through, some of you may no longer be on speaking terms. A long, arduous journey awaits all of you, and at the end, only one sole survivor will stand. This is a game of two halves. First, you will be divided up into two tribes, each vying for Immunity. Losing tribe, has a date with me at Tribal Council, where you will have to vote out one of your own. But in the second half, this becomes a completely individual game, having to vie for immunity on your own, with everyone a target. Trust, betrayal, all of these things can be found here on Awful Survivor!

A note about the Hidden Immunity Idol: The Idol this time still works the same. When played after the votes are cast but before they are read, anyone who has a Hidden Immunity Idol played on them, will have all votes for them that Tribal Council canceled out, and the person with the next highest number of votes will go home. This season, there are only two Idols. They will be hidden obscurely. You will attain clues throughout the game, if you're lucky or skilled enough, and only with these clues will you be able to find them. And for the record, when you find an Idol, it will self identify as an idol. You will know without a shadow of a doubt you have one, so please no PMs asking "is this an idol?"!!!

THE TRIBE

WINNER
Adus

RUNNER UP
VivaNova

SECOND RUNNER UP
Beef Waifu

Jury
Eight Dollars (VOTE: ADUS)
MildManeredManikin (VOTE: ADUS)
TheChad (VOTE: BEEF WAIFU)
Your Personal Muse (VOTE: ADUS)
Tremendous Taste (VOTE: ADUS)
Ernie. (VOTE: ADUS)
CapnAndy (VOTE: VIVANOVA)
Paragon1 (VOTE: VIVANOVA)

Eliminated
Mills
Yuming
Winvirus
Magres
GulagDolls
HulkaMatt
Srice
Mustache Ride
illrepute

Link to Challenges|Tribal Councils
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 01
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 02
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 03a|Tribal Council 03b
Tribal Swap|Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 04
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 05
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 06
Tribal Swap|Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 07|Merge
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 08
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 09
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 10
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 11
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 12
Awful Survivor Auction|Tribal Council 13
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 14
Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 15
The Final Tribal Council

Other Links

Viewer's Vista
Ponderosa

Goku Tribe
Usagi Tribe
New Goku Tribe
New Usagi Tribe
Newer Goku Tribe
Newer Usagi Tribe
Shinji Tribe

Awful Survivor: GBS
Awful Survivor: Goons With Spoons
Awful Survivor: Sports Argument Stadium
Awful Survivor: The Pet Island
Awful Survivor: BYOB

Awful Big Brother 1

This game will run on an attempted three day schedule. There may be gaps in days, or speeding up of the game, but we will try to make it as sensical as we can. If you ever have a schedule concern, please alert us as soon as you can so we can work with you or around the issue! We are always happy to provide this game at your convenience, we know how hectic real life can be. Similarly, we will always post when the next game event is well in advance, be it a Tribal Council or a Challenge.

Rules:
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a 100,000 hour probation. It's not that hard to not cheat.
  • There will be 20 players. Every single player is a survivor. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.

• Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. You must work together, or against each other, in order to be the sole survivor. There will only be one winner.

• Game events will run primarily from 5:00 PM to Midnight EST. If your daily schedule or timezone will cause this to be a problem/interference with your personal life, then maybe signing up isn't a good idea. The game won't run all the time start to finish from those hours, but this is generally where the meat of the game will occur. Every player's participation is valued, so only sign up if it fits within your schedule!

• Private Messages aren't required, but they're strongly the preferred form of contact, and if we go over the amount of registered players, those with PMs on will have priority over those who don't and do not give alternative contact information.

• You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard., with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. :siren:Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.:siren:

• Tribal Councils (in which one player is removed from the game) will be held after a challenge. Votes will be taken privately by me (John Cena) and later published, anonymously. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. This will be announced in the thread. Hopefully this will be done about every 24 hours. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself.

• While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is in your own tribe. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.

• :siren:IF YOU ARE VOTED OUT, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANYBODY STILL ACTIVE IN THE GAME. THIS INCLUDES JURORS.:siren: Please do not abuse this since some players will come back into the game ‘after death’ to form the final jury to decide a winner. If you and someone else is voted out before the Jury Phase, then you can talk to each other fine. But if you are voted out, and someone post-merge is voted out, do not contact them as you may potentially poison their vote as a juror. The same goes for people still in the game contacting people who were voted out. Spectator posts are permissible by people not participating in the game, as long as it is not done in a way to assist or harm any active player. Conversely, if you are a still active player in the game, and a prior voted out player is contacting you, please let us know!

• :siren:You are not permitted to speak with any potential players about the game before it begins.:siren: This is mostly to effectively discourage pre-game alliances, and any long-term tainting of the game itself. Please play with SOME semblance of honor to keep things somewhat fair.

• When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No workarounds/linking to a bigger message or anything cute like that.

• There are no night phases. The next day begins immediately after each tribal council.

• There will be individual challenges and team challenges. These will be posted at a time that best suits all people in-thread (usually 5:00-7:00PM EST). Some of these will be timed so you might be disadvantaged if you cannot be around. Some challenges which can have ties will be won by the first person to submit their result. Some tribal councils may be extended to be 48 hours away if a challenge will take longer to run.

• For the individual challenges, the winner will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out at Tribal Council. For groups challenges the tribes will be competing against each other. The losing tribe will be forced to go to Tribal Council, where they will have to vote out one of their own.

• NO EDITING YOUR POSTS EVER!!!! Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity and frequency. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.

• Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!

• Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (me, Asiina, or IcePhoenix) with how to access whatever you're using to talk. You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

• The hidden immunity idol is back in play this season. It still works the same. The idol will be hidden somewhere, and if you find it, you must PM me with evidence that it has been found. The first one to do so claims legitimate ownership of the idol. To play the Idol, you must PM me that you are playing it before the votes are read at Tribal Council, but after/while you are voting. The idol may be played on either yourself, or another player. It can only be used once. It only works if it is played. You may also transfer ownership of it to anybody on your tribe. To do so, just PM me to let me know you are giving it up to someone.

RULES FOR THE VIEWER'S VISTA

• There will be a special Viewer's Only page, where non-players can see some content unavailable in the thread or to the actual players of the game, ranging from player's confessionals and snippets of their out of thread interactions, to their voting histories and some advance knowledge on upcoming twists and turns, along with some other perks. However, we want to keep things clean and fun and enjoyable for everyone, so before you enter the the Viewer's page, there are some rules that apply before entering.

• What goes on in the Vista, stays in the Vista. This is by far the most important rule of the viewer's vista. Anything that is posted in there, cannot be posted in the thread or leaked to players. Viewer's commentary is mildly allowed in the thread, but we strongly prefer to keep it in the vista.

• You are not allowed to communicate with the players of the game. Unless they were voted out pre-jury, you cannot communicate with any player of the game as long as it is going on. This is to keep things fair without tainting the natural flow of the game.

• Your co-moderators are IcePhoenix, A HUNGRY MOUTH, and Asiina if I am ever indisposed and a decision needs to be made.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GOKU TRIBE

winvirus

A/S/L: 23/M/Atlanta, GA
I usually post in: YOSPOS I guess??
My best buddy on SA is: FronzKofko/GulagDolls. They're actually the same person. I'm revealing this as my first major twist #chaosvirus
Why I should play Awful Survivor: Because I'm a two-time epic failure at this awful "game" which is actually a form of psychological torture and heartbreak and I can't get enough. Surprise, motherfucker
What you can expect from me in this game: Making merge and then blowing it
Why I am going to win: I won't. If i do it's because I Boston Rob it and the producers just give me a season and call it Survivor: ADTRW Redemption Island
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Take a girl out hopefully. Single girls: txt me ;)
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Uhh no. No condiments. Source: I eat at the varsity where the best order is two naked dogs and an order of rings and that's top tier
My favorite anime is: Persona 4, even though it's a video game deal with it

Tremendous Taste

A/S/L: 22/M/Buffalo, NY
I usually post in: SAS/BSS
My best buddy on SA is: Disco Spider IRL, Dr. Hurt on SA
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I really enjoy every aspect of playing the game and getting to know more people in the tradgames/SA community. I think I bring a certain flavor to the game that other contestants and viewers could enjoy.
What you can expect from me in this game: I try to be honest and forthright as it benefited me to do so before. I'm looking to have a long term in a fun game and looking forward to putting on a good show for the viewers with my tribemates. As a fan of Survivor I love ~~~big moves~~~ as much as anyone, so hopefully I can be on the right side of one of those!
Why I am going to win: I can't expect it. I played a pretty drat good game the first time through and couldn't seal the deal. I'd just like a chance to play again and have a good time with what's become my favorite forums activity.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Buy film for my instant camera. If I win I'll take some cool pictures and mail one each to the jury members/finalists/viewers etc.

Since there'll be cash left over, probably put the rest toward recording equipment and actually start making music like I've resolved.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? I prefer mustard if we're only going **one condiment** but ketchup+mustard+diced onions+dill pickle slices can be excellent.
My favorite anime is: Yu Yu Hakusho

Ernie.

A/S/L: 22/M/Ottowa,ON,Canada
I usually post in: Science, Academics and Languages
My best buddy on SA is: Fronz, Dr. Hurt and Tremendous Taste
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I like to be sneaky and outfox people. I enjoy making new friends. And I enjoy convincing myself that I am too good for my friends. These traits really make something as back-stab filled as Survivor the perfect environment for me to become the best human being I can be.
What you can expect from me in this game: You can expect that I will maintain my vow that I held at the end of my last season of Survivor, which is that my game is less focused on selling out those close to me, and more based on using my vote and influence to sway things my way. And then I will back-stab people.
Why I am going to win: After losing once before in a terribly anti-climactic performance, I think the key factor this time will be that everyone will underestimate me to hilarious extents. That'll make my unsuspecting trickery to get their forum accounts suspended and then kill their firstborns easier to pull off.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: That's like a whole year's worth of Crunchyroll subscriptions. What other answer is acceptable, really? Really, I'll probably end up buying myself the latest and bestest AAA game on Steam and hope I get as many hours out of it as I put into my Survivor victory.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Yes, but what does this have to do with Anime, and why doesn't this question question whether mayonnaise, relish and mustard also belong there?
My favorite anime is: Hunter x Hunter

CapnAndy

A/S/L: 32/M/Philadelphia, PA
I usually post in: BSS
My best buddy on SA is: YOU, THE FANS AT HOME
Why I should play Awful Survivor: Because I am entertaining! I am a fan favorite! AND I DID NOT GET A SINGLE AUDIENCE VOTE AT THE END

I'LL -MAKE- YOU BASTARDS LOVE ME
What you can expect from me in this game: A unique and entertaining blend of pitiless intellect and utter cluelessness. It's my trademark.
Why I am going to win: Oh man, I'm so totally not. Did you see last season? I'm dooooooomed.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: I actually just had to buy basically a whole new computer, so... use that gift card while I wait for my poor abused credit card to recover?
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Ew, no. I don't like ketchup at all, actually. I'm sort of anti-condiment in general.
My favorite anime is: Paranoia Agent. Serious answer. Have you seen it? It is nothing short of a guided tour through the raw and shrieking lands of madness. I love it.

yuming

A/S/L: 28/F/Minneapolis, MN
I usually post in: Games
My best buddy on SA is: busb
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I like playing games on the internet :sun:
What you can expect from me in this game: I am p transparent but I'm going to play to win. I hope I end up on the right side of things!
Why I am going to win: Because you can be nice and win!
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Buy a Japanese rice washing bowl.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Yes, obv.
My favorite anime is: Shamanic Princess

Gulagdolls

A/S/L:24/PrettyBoy/Tallahassee, FL
I usually post in: um....games....I guess....these forums are a vast wasteland
My best buddy on SA is: i'm legally required to put fronz here
Why I should play Awful Survivor: Well, should anyone really play this. I think it's less that it's a good idea, and more that I'm going to be bored soon, so I might as well. Oh wait, I just read that this is actually an application and not a formality. let me start over. ghulagdolls really brings in the crowd!! And he's good at strategy game, but NOT stupid puzzles. Also, I plan to betray everyone.
What you can expect from me in this game: lots of laughs. Twists and turns. I tend to find long-term schemes boring, and focus on screwing around in the short-term. I tend to be pretty honest, except when lying is really funny. I'm pretty average at challenges, I think. I don't pay attention. I also will argue relentlessly about anime.
Why I am going to win: everyone views me as comic relief. thjey look at me and say, "haha, that'll do gulag. that'll do." I slither through the grass like an oiled-up snake, and then, when they least expect it, I unhinge my jaw and vote for them. history shows that i am willing to betray my best friend to win, so who knows what else I am capable of. probably blackmail.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: i'm gonna buy lots of skincare items and gundam books.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My favorite anime is: this is tough. i guess i have to go with the original gundam. the animation's real bad in the tv series but the movies are better. the "origin" manga is the best. its just a beautiful story. especially origin.

Your Personal Muse

A/S/L: 22/M/Las Vegas
I usually post in: Let's Play
My best buddy on SA is: Windshipper
What you can expect from me in this game: I really shouldn't play, but that makes me the perfect candidate! Expect me to do illogical things that I don't think through.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Probably forget I have it
Does ketchup belong hot dogs? no.
My favorite anime is:

HulkaMatt

A/S/L: 26/M/FROM THE RED HOOK SECTION OF BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
I usually post in: PSP
My best buddy on SA is: I can't choose just one so I'll choose one who has never been on Survivor: Chorocojo
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I have summer off. Also I need to prove I can make it further than other mods.
What you can expect from me in this game: Inability to learn from past mistakes.
Why I am going to win: I've suffered through worse. I'm watching WCW READY TO RUMBLE right now.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: I can say something funny here but most likely I'm going to spend it on multiple things up to 10 dollars in price.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? I go both ways.
My favorite anime is: Dragonball

TheChad

A/S/L: 27/M/Fayetteville, NC
I usually post in: TV/IV and GBS
My best buddy on SA is: Silly Burrito
Why I should play Awful Survivor: Well I had a lot of fun last time, and I'm not really do anything productive this summer besides taking some classes.
What you can expect from me in this game: I'm a strong team player, fiercely loyal to my alliance and willing to make high risk/high reward plays. Not the type that sits on an idol hoping for an ideal time to play it late, or backstab alliance members unnecessarily.
Why I am going to win: Because of my proven history of dominating challenges! heh
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Buy a gift for my wife. Perhaps... an anime.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Hell yeah, gently caress the haters
My favorite anime is: Naruto cause Rock Lee is cool.

Mills

A/S/L: 29/M/Sydney, NSW
I usually post in: :confused:
My best buddy on SA is: Brown Moses
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I don't think I can win so not much point writing a speech about that. Let's just say that I've earned my stripes by running the first game of Survivor on SA several years ago (although it is a credit to Cena just how much more effort he is putting into it) and I'm a fan of the show.
What you can expect from me in this game: I'll participate as best as I can and hopefully make some new friendships. At the very least I get to meet some new people (maybe?) and goons are usually OK people although I also have met the exceptions to that rule!
Why I am going to win: As above, I don't. I live in Australia and I will be at work during most challenges which means I can attend some but not others, pending work schedule. I also have limited ability to communicate with other players since Google documents and chat is banned. I'm practical about all this; I'll be happy if I can make it a few 'episodes'. I don't plan to lie to anyone so hopefully there are bigger targets in episodes 1 and 2.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Irrelevant question.

Donate it to Season 7. I'll TOXX on that.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? We have tomato sauce in Australia and it has a different taste. I prefer tomato sauce to ketchup.
My favorite anime is: Pokemon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USAGI TRIBE

VivaNova

A/S/L: 27/F/Lyndhurst, NJ
I usually post in: TVIV
My best buddy on SA is: diabolik900 (irl)
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I would put in effort and genuinely enjoy getting to know my victims.

I mean friends... I am here to make friends.
What you can expect from me in this game: A growing concern for/about people who enjoy anime as I learn more about it.

Also terrible challenge performance, gifs, hand-wringing, tears and long vista posts.
Why I am going to win: I have a cache of survivor gifs ready to go!

Besides that it's kinda a longshot honestly, but I have good availability and make a great teammate.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Add it to the $10 card I got from Hunger Games!

I just got a bunch of stuff recently but I could probably enjoy some fancy bras/bathing suits and new beach chairs.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Nope.

And neither belong near me.
My favorite anime is: I liked Utena in H.S.

illrepute

A/S/L: 24/M/Portland,OR
I usually post in: Debate and Discussion
My best buddy on SA is: Ferrinus
Why I should play Awful Survivor: i ain't afraid of no post
What you can expect from me in this game: alright, i'm an rear end in a top hat. i am. let's just get it over with. i believe in having cool friends, but for $75? come on. other people on the forums are just posting ghosts, not real people. i want that 75 dollars, and i'll slash throats to do it. not because i need to, but because i can.
Why I am going to win: unrelenting stream-of-consciousness posting and advanced wordplay gives my posting style a fast and loose quality that is authentic to the crime-ridden streets of east St. Louis where i languished in obscurity before my breathless shitposting pace and the authenticity of my lyrics caught the attention of posting moguls and elevated me to my current status. nothing can stand in my way!
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: not sure, probably something porn-related if i can swing it
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? sure, but it's best on pigs in the blanket
My favorite anime is: legends of galactic heroes

Magres

A/S/L: 25/M/Corvallis, OR
I usually post in: D&D
My best buddy on SA is: Brazen Apothecary
Why I should play Awful Survivor: It looks fun, poo poo. Pretty much all I really care about. I like forums games and I'm a chill guy about them.
What you can expect from me in this game: Chill stuff, killing people with kindness. It's an easy way to play, I can't lie for poo poo. Also pulling obscure and strange skills out of my goddamned rear end.
Why I am going to win: I enjoy, and am good at, winning games that are ostensibly about lies, backstabbing, and betrayal by always upholding all of my deals and being entirely honest in all of my dealings. I won money in another game like this literally just by being nice to people. Brazen Apothecary gave me her share of the winnings (she was on a secret team of 3 that split it) just because of what a goddamned swell guy I was, and we've been fast friends ever since.

Also I'll probably wind up pulling some random and obscure skills out of my rear end for challenges, as I am mildly good at a wide variety of random poo poo. Among other things, I am a weightlifter, an engineering grad student, and an active musician. I like doing a little of everything, just enough to be noticeably better at things than the average bear.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Getting some more Warmachines or Hordes models would be pretty nice, I could use a Choir and a couple Vassals for my Menoth army. That or I might put it towards the two player Hordes battlebox so I can play that with all my friends
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Arguably, but only if it's paired with some good Mustard.

vvvv I don't care that the anime question is totally a trap, it's a fun show.
My favorite anime is: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Mustache Ride

A/S/L: 29/M/Houston, TX
I usually post in: Uhh, Posting? Well SH/SC I guess. I lurk mostly.
My best buddy on SA is: Korlac
Why I should play Awful Survivor: It seems like a good way to kill some time that would otherwise be spent watching Anime.
What you can expect from me in this game: That I will know nothing about Anime.

Also, that I will participate and maybe actually post more than in the various tg games I don't participate in.

Maybe
Why I am going to win: I know everything about Anime.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Probably buy some anime, I guess. IT SEEMS APPROPRIATE
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Hell no. Mustard is the only thing that belongs on hot dogs.

And Relish

And Homemade Chili

And onions.
My favorite anime is: That one with sniper rifle and the tits. You know, that one.

Eight Dollars

A/S/L: 25/M/Atlanta, GA
I usually post in: LAN Maybe? I'm mostly on SA to play mafia :I
My best buddy on SA is: Poque (pronouced Poke)
Why I should play Awful Survivor: It is strongly suggested I should by people who I fear. Also it'd be cool to meet some people and hopefully not fail spectacularly.
What you can expect from me in this game: You can expect someone with a cheerful demeanor, who knows that this is just a game and nobody should get mad, who will post way too much in docs and will use too many smilies.
Why I am going to win: Let me put this simply...

I'm a survivor.
I'm not going to give up.
I'm not going to stop.
I'm going to work harder.
I'm a survivor.
I'm gonna make it.
I will survive.
Keep on surviving.

I don't diss people on the internet. I don't lie about them to the magazines and I don't blast 'em on the radio. Did Yul ever put someone on blast on the radio? I don't think so.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: I'll buy that Heirloom Quality Keepsake Tear Bottle with Matching Display Tray that I've had my eye on and a used dvd copy of both Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 and Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? My favorite hot dog shop is a tiny place in Raleigh, NC called The Roast Grill (but everyone calls it "Hot Wieners"). What they do is burn the hotdogs slightly, then throw chili and onions on top. It's the only way to eat them. If you ask for ketchup they throw you out. That is the right thing to do.
My favorite anime is: Paranoia Agent

paragon1

A/S/L: 23/M/Columbia, SC
I usually post in: let's play, ADRTW, or Debate Disco. One of those.
My best buddy on SA is: RZApublican
Why I should play Awful Survivor: because John Cena told me to.
What you can expect from me in this game: I'm going to be a team player until merger. Then I'll probably get betrayed like a sucker.
Why I am going to win: I am going to stealth through this so hard. You don't even know man. The other finalist is going to be like "Huh I am the last one I guess I win" and then I'll be all "guess again" and he'll be all "Whoah."
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Use it to help pay for a dehumidifier.

gently caress the South.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Yes, in much the same way that deadly neurotoxin belongs in snake venom.
My favorite anime is: Durarara

MildManneredManikin

A/S/L: 19/M/Hamilton, ON
I usually post in: None, I play mafia and do nothing else
My best buddy on SA is: I am a LONEWOLF
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I love forum games and get heavily invested in them so I think I'll be a good fit and will provide excitement and stuff. Also I've been on the waiting list for like a year so I better get my chance.
What you can expect from me in this game: I'm probably not going to be the person that runs around doing all the things at the very beginning. I think I'm more going to be the kind of person that starts a push around the mid game. I'm a pretty good team player and coordinator if I can get a good team going so I'll be looking to set up a strong alliance.
Why I am going to win: I watched the first season of survivor when I was 6 years old and then I watched the next 16 seasons of it. I know stuff about the game and I'm fiercely competitive. I am pretty good at strategy but I don't get weird and overthink poo poo like I've seen some people do in the game.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: A cool board game. One of those really expensive ones. Maybe I'd wait until Seafall comes out and buy that.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Yes, but only when the hot dogs aren't getting super cool toppings like cheese and onions and stuff. There are so many things you can put on hotdogs and they all belong. A hotdog is like a blank canvas but for food. Anything you can't put on a hotdog represents not a failing of the dog but of your imagination or dietary restrictions I guess.
My favorite anime is: Samurai Champloo

Adus

A/S/L: 29/M/Seattle, WA
I usually post in: Uh... Let's Play or TVIV, I guess
My best buddy on SA is: none really. maybe Kuvo?
Why I should play Awful Survivor: i'm the ideal player. my incredible social ability and strategic insight will easily navigate me to the end of the gaaaahahaha hell no

because i really like survivor and i want to have fun
What you can expect from me in this game: even i don't know what to expect. probably a lot of poor decisions.
Why I am going to win: miraculously everyone else will somehow be slightly dumber than i am
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: commission homestuck/survivor crossover fanart
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? ketchup belongs wherever you want it man, i don't judge
My favorite anime is: giant bomb's persona 4 endurance run

Beef Waifu

A/S/L: 21/M/Tampa, FL
I usually post in: Games, but also the JoJo threads in ADTRW
My best buddy on SA is: Uznare
Why I should play Awful Survivor: Because I have no idea what this is and the idea of a goon game based in anime posters is absolutely hysterical to me. I'm reading the rules and I still don't know. Do I have to watch survivor?

Kamille is a man's name.
What you can expect from me in this game: I mean I'll be dedicated and pay attention and you'll probably get to laugh at my complete ignorance a ton.
Why I am going to win: Because I'm an independent, white 21-year old male with too much free time and a desire to spend 75 Amazon bucks on something.
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Probably buy Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and the BoBoBo manga.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Yes
My favorite anime is: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Srice

A/S/L: 27/M/Kalamazoo, MI
I usually post in: :nitecrew:
My best buddy on SA is: Asiina
Why I should play Awful Survivor: I have been told to play a few times and heck, for something as minor as a game who am I to try to run away from ~destiny~
What you can expect from me in this game: Heck, I don't even know how I will roll with this myself so you should pick me for the wildcard factor.
Why I am going to win: Luck, but if I do win I will pretend that I planned everything, and then post this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZyVuNCfm1E
What I am going to do with the LIFE CHANGING $75 Amazon Gift Card: Probably buy a controller for my PC or something because goddang Spelunky is a pain in the rear end to play with a keyboard.
Does ketchup belong on hot dogs? Ketchup makes a lot of things better so yes!!! Also if we're talking cheap store-bought hotdogs then it makes them edible.
My favorite anime is: Dang it is a p close two-way tie for me between Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong. However, only one of them has a character that would be able to make it in FYAD, and I invite everyone to watch both so they can figure out the answer. Also they're both really good I GUESS

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 14, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm sure that you people are wondering what's going on with the Goku Tribe. Well, we'll get to that in a little bit. For now, Usagi Tribe, WELCOME! TO AWFUL SURVIVOR!

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Turns out there's a little Goku in all of us deep down. That's the big surprise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Top mod billing :toot:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 4, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

What the hell is an Usagi anyways?

Is it a fish? Are we the fish tribe?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
it's a sort of japanese spaghetti and meatballs dish

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mustache Ride posted:

It means bunny.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mustache Ride posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_RZhh44NY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome to the Animedome, bitch.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Welcome to the Animedome, bitch.

I am glad, to be in the Animedome.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I am actually watching anime RIGHT NOW

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM4E65C14Lk

Not impressed.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
we're not here because we're the A-team of posting. we're not even the b-team. the letter of the alphabet that represents us is probably that combination A-E that got cut from the language in the fifteenth century for being too pathetic. we're talking, like, not even bothering to heat up our canned-chili level of lifestyle choices here. but that's what it takes

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
illrepute you should come to the camp where good times await

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

So it seems most of you have gotten settled in. Goku is a man very familiar with revival. No matter how many times you squash him he keeps coming back. And the same applies to the Goku Tribe, because it's a tribe consisted of a bunch of people's favorite players being revived to play once more! Your Goku Tribe!

CapnAndy
Ernie
GulagDolls
HulkaMatt
Mills
Skinty McEdger
TheChad
TremendousTaste
Winvirus
Yuming

Whether these people pose a threat, or an opportunity to work with later on the line, comes down to you. These people went into this season blind, just like you guys did, with absolutely zero knowledge of who else was joining the game or what the season entailed. They hit their beach the same time as you did, and they're learning of their full tribe right now just like you are. I'll give you all the day to get to know each other, and we'll hold our first Tribal Immunity Challenge tomorrow night at 7:00PM EST.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hello.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Hello.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hello.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hello new friends/enemies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hello.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yo

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hello.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hello.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Greetings fellow sexy players. :)

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i'm sufficiently intimidated

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Adus posted:

i'm sufficiently intimidated

*hugs adus reassuringly*

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You guys can hug each other all the way to tribal

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tomorrow doesn't work for me, I've got a date.

With a girl.

She's not a body pillow I swear.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Player bios were edited into the first post, so now i guess I can judge you all and shamelessly flirt with all the survivor girls who are going to get so island hot

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

I see everyone shamelessly cheat and post that their have multiple 'best friend on SA'

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Now I feel that i leave out ppl

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

capnandy + eight dollars chose paranoia agent as his favorite. good choice, IMO.

adus hifive

MMM champloo is p good

rest of y'all suck except the person who said fma, but all anime is bad, surprise.

also hey beef waifu i grew up in tampa, holla

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If I'd known we could put THREE answers in you'dve been there too, Ernie :argh:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

update: i don't want to flirt with yuming and the other girl is from new jersey. i abscond from island

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

honestly surprised at no nge

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

winvirus posted:

capnandy + eight dollars chose paranoia agent as his favorite. good choice, IMO.

adus hifive

MMM champloo is p good

rest of y'all suck except the person who said fma, but all anime is bad, surprise.

also hey beef waifu i grew up in tampa, holla

only the best can truly realize the persona 4 superiority

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Adus posted:

only the best can truly realize the persona 4 superiority

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCHyAvHRKJU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

anime talk: i just beat dangan ronpa a while ago, it was pretty good conceptually imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

P3>

• Locked thread