Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

You never ever say you find out who kills you, dont act all smug shitbird

Hahaha I loving missed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

You never ever say you find out who kills you, dont act all smug shitbird

I get to come back to life if the person I followed kills me.

I know who I followed. This isn't very hard.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Okay I misunderstood that part of the claim

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So is your power passive then? Like you follow a dude and if he dies it activates your tracking power? Or do you have to declare you are using that power at the begining of the night?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote Tremendous Taste

I'm not going to overthink this one, because I would have to believe that the town flip that PM had was false.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I want to watch EVO not play mafia

##vote TT

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Tremendous Taste.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

So is your power passive then? Like you follow a dude and if he dies it activates your tracking power? Or do you have to declare you are using that power at the begining of the night?

I declare who I'm following every night. If the followee gets killed, I have to activate my power in-thread to find out who killed them. If the followee kills me, I get a PM saying so and I can PM Little Mac at any point in the next two game days to come back to life.

If neither happens, I get a PM saying neither happens. Following is an active action and I was rbed N2 - that would have prevented me from using either power if merk had died or killed me.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

A Public Restroom Near The National Mall - July 27th, 1997 6:34 PM

Covered in mud, the Bride flings the dirt from her sword and stands outside a public restroom near downtown DC. She walks in and there, at a urinal, is a man in a tuxedo. Bond.

"You got sloppy," she mutters. Before Bond can turn around she's got the sword pressing into his spine, through the coat. He holds his hands in the air.

"Men like me don't make mistakes, darling," he says, his voice still as dead as ever. "If you're going to kill me, kill me." The Bride presses the sword further, drawing blood.

"Who are you working for?" she asks. "What's this all about? Why come after me?"

"You were collateral damage," he curtly replies. "The rest... my lips are sealed. Maybe I let you go easy because I wanted you to come and kill me. Maybe I knew that you could escape from your grave. Maybe, if you don't run me through right now, I turn around, snap your neck like a twig, and go back to being some monster's lapdog."

Without a second thought, the blade slides through his back and out his abdomen. Bond still tries to turn and fight, but seems to be struggling not to. He finally falls, on the sword, and blood splatters around the bathroom.

"You see the bastard that did this to me..." he moans, "you stop his rotten heart..."

Bond's breathing stops and his corpse is left in the bathroom, a bad end for a great man.

Tremendous Taste aka James Bond, scum-aligned, has died Day 8.

Get in night actions ASAP!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Beatrix Kiddo's Apartment Just Outside Washington - July 28th, 1997 4:35 AM

"Hello, Ms. Kiddo," comes a voice. She listens intently to the man on the other end of the phone.

"Are you him?" she asks.

"You killed my man, Jimmy," he sighs. "Which means you're too dangerous to let lie. Go to your window, Ms. Kiddo." The Bride stands from her bedside and peeks through the slats. Outside are maybe thirty black cars, blocking the street.

"All this for me?" she laughs. "You shouldn't have."

"Laugh while you can, Ms. Kiddo. You seem impossibly hard to kill, so I purchased the best money can buy." The black car doors open and dozens of men and women in black suits pile out, seemingly in unison. Dozens... then hundreds...

"You killed O-Ren Ishii and left her empire in shambles. Did you not think people would pick up the pieces? The Crazy 880 are here to seek their revenge, Beatrix Kiddo."

She hears footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Now, don't you worry. I've sent money to the woman taking care of your daughter. She'll be well taken care of. I'm sorry we couldn't end on a better note."

They stop in front of her door.

"Goodbye, Beatrix. You should've learned when to stay dead."

The ninja plow through the door and Beatrix lunges for her katana. The fight lasts just over an hour. She fights her way out of the apartment, across the floor, down the stairs. The apartment building nearly floods with blood. As she reaches the street, the lucky blows have begun to add up and that's the point when she realizes how many are left.

"Two-hundred down..." she mutters under her heavy breath.

She lasted another ten minutes until she was finally, mercifully, beheaded in the middle of the street.

Pinterest Mom aka The Bride, town-aligned, has died Night 8.

It is now Day 9. With five alive it takes three to lynch.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: thank you :ghost:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I still don't know if I'm alive, or what :v:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Propaganda Machine posted:

I still don't know if I'm alive, or what :v:

You are.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I missed all of yesterday but gj lynching the guy you should've lynched instead of Dugong my god that was a terrible lynch!!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

quote:

Votecount for Day 9

Not Voting (5): JakeP, Propaganda Machine, Rascyc, Your Personal Muse, yuming

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is July 14th, 2014 at 6 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 15 hours, 3 minutes.
The deadline is at 6am?

tbh I feel like we are probably going to lose, I'm not confident in the players left and everyone is being far too flippant to pull this off.

I'm on my way out now but I will put some thought into my vote here WHICH WE ALL SHOULD DO BEFORE DROPPING ANY VOTES TIA.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
no thought will go into my vote, but it will be a vote for the people and the people will win

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
YPM is my first choice btw

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Yuming is the scum.

My second power is seeking an apprentice. Basically, if the target has no killing ability, they become the next Jigsaw and get my night vig ability. If they do have a killing ability, the action fails.

Guess who it failed on?

##vote yuming

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

yuming posted:

The deadline is at 6am?

That can be changed if you guys want but the days have been plenty short as of late.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yuming is the scum.

My second power is seeking an apprentice. Basically, if the target has no killing ability, they become the next Jigsaw and get my night vig ability. If they do have a killing ability, the action fails.

Guess who it failed on?

##vote yuming
I'm a hider, remember? I claimed this like D2. I hid last night!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

I'm a hider, remember? I claimed this like D2. I hid last night!

I understand that. I'm saying you are lying. The flavor said that you already had the instincts of a killer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I called Olly Olly Oxen Free last night so no way anyone could have hidden

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
im just talking poo poo but hey cool we have a standoff Yuming vs YPM. At least one of them is a scummy liar and must die~!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well I should've been untargetable, but recall I'm also a miller!

I'm conflicted because I originally thought ypms claim sounded honest-- however I know I was untargetable last night so he shouldntve been able to get any result. The fact he's still pushing and saying he got a scum result makes me think he's trying to wrap the game up with a claim.

I'm on my way to the beach and don't want to feel all flustered while I'm there so please chill out til he evening, tia

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

I'm conflicted because I originally thought ypms claim sounded honest-- however I know I was untargetable last night so he shouldntve been able to get any result. The fact he's still pushing and saying he got a scum result makes me think he's trying to wrap the game up with a claim.

I'm on my way to the beach and don't want to feel all flustered while I'm there so please chill out til he evening, tia

yuming posted:

I assumed there was one scum left. Why would this "wrap it up" for me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

im just talking poo poo but hey cool we have a standoff Yuming vs YPM. At least one of them is a scummy liar and must die~!
This is scummy. Ypms result DID hit me then and since I'm a miller it came up scum.

JakePs claim makes both our stories add up-- yet he wants to lynch out of the two of us. THAT doesn't add up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
What?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

This is scummy. Ypms result DID hit me then and since I'm a miller it came up scum.

JakePs claim makes both our stories add up-- yet he wants to lynch out of the two of us. THAT doesn't add up.

It's basically a gunsmith role. I don't know if miller claim would change the result.

Also why are you so eager to relinquish your hider status?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
About Olly Olly Oxen Free? That was a joke, which I resupport in the post you quoted in case anyone was dumb enough to take it seriously

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
But Id love for you to try to lynch me Yuming if u hammer

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
scummmmmmmmm cant kill me

ladidadida!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
how much does that piss you off yuming lol

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
why hello i am the thorn in your side, how do you do this evening?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yuming come back

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
>:||

I didn't relinquish my hider claim, I did hide-- if JakeP was bsing then my first read stands-- ypm shouldntve been able to target me.

Ypms claim only makes sense from a scum perspective if they can win the game with my lynch. Otherwise it'd be clear he was lying after my flip.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

>:||

I didn't relinquish my hider claim, I did hide-- if JakeP was bsing then my first read stands-- ypm shouldntve been able to target me.

Ypms claim only makes sense from a scum perspective if they can win the game with my lynch. Otherwise it'd be clear he was lying after my flip.

I'm thinking that him calling "olly olly oxen free" was not an actual claim. But the idea that you are so desperate for me AND you to be town shows that you know you are caught.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
No it doesn't, it shows I'm just trying to make sense of things!

This game has been wacky, I don't want to lose it even though I've been annoyed with it.

My starting point for today was going to be looking at who was willing to throw their vote at dugong-- whichever was a bad and scum serving lynch.

Rascyc's early case seemed more sincere and like something scum latched onto, where PMs vote read more opportunistic to me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
OLLY OLLY OXEN FREE!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Jake why be so flippant when were trying to figure out the game, if you're town please be less trolly idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I am maximizing my fun, while winning this game handily for the town

• Locked thread