Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
How does he know that KENTA doesn't speak english?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

MrBling posted:

How does he know that KENTA doesn't speak english?

Doesn't KENTA actually speak English though?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Tajiri apparently did too, but just refused to.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Apparently there's many stories that Tajiri speaks perfectly fine English, but anytime he gets in trouble he just acts like he can't speak English.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

No he kenta

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

89 posted:

Apparently there's many stories that Tajiri speaks perfectly fine English, but anytime he gets in trouble he just acts like he can't speak English.

Taijiri is the best.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I'd buy that WWE doesn't want them to speak English on camera. And so far every Japanese wrestler has ended up as something of a comedy character rather than someone in a decent position on the card. Kenzo Suzuki went from a potential main eventer to gleefully talking about his love of America in broken English.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

OmegaBR posted:

I'd buy that WWE doesn't want them to speak English on camera. And so far every Japanese wrestler has ended up as something of a comedy character rather than someone in a decent position on the card. Kenzo Suzuki went from a potential main eventer to gleefully talking about his love of America in broken English.

Given that he was to be a potential main eventer named Hirohito, the end result was really for the better. And there are these things called "managers" if they're that goddamn hung up about speaking English.

vv also this

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kenzo Suzuki was also a horrible wrestler.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

89 posted:

I like to imagine him spraying people with mist and skittering away like Zoidberg.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

89 posted:

Funnily enough this is what Jimmy Snukka did when he was being questioned by police over the 'accidental' death of his girlfriend. Vince did the talking for him instead. Presumably Tajiri has never been in that kind of trouble.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DrVenkman posted:

Funnily enough this is what Jimmy Snukka did when he was being questioned by police over the 'accidental' death of his girlfriend. Vince did the talking for him instead. Presumably Tajiri has never been in that kind of trouble.

Vince didn't talk to the police until weeks after the incident.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tajiri speaks English just fine. He done a shoot interview speaking English. He has quite a strong accent, but he knows English.

I saw a shoot interview with someone, and they went out drinking with Tajiri. The drunker Tajiri got, the more he forgot he was kayfabing his English, so he'd get MORE fluent the more he drank.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ultimate Warrior got over and he spoke a language unknown to any mortal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

89 posted:

In RF's Tajiri shoot, he would quickly kayfabe and pretend not to know hardly any English when Rob would ask him a question he didn't want to answer. Rob has known Tajiri since his ECW days and should probably know better, but apparently doesn't so it was just hilarious to hear Tajiri randomly decide he can't speak English 40 minutes into an interview.

e:

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Tajiri speaks English just fine. He done a shoot interview speaking English. He has quite a strong accent, but he knows English.

I saw a shoot interview with someone, and they went out drinking with Tajiri. The drunker Tajiri got, the more he forgot he was kayfabing his English, so he'd get MORE fluent the more he drank.
It's the RF Shoot I just mentioned yeah. This is the same shoot where the infamous Tajiri Wafflehouse video came from.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
You're a wise man Tie-jiri.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Perfidus posted:

You're a wise man Tie-jiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Dq8LtQ0GE

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CM Punk posted:

Starting a band, a podcast, and a fire. One of these is true. (Okay, two).

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

All Snow's finisher was called the Snow Plow which is a good name for a finisher if your name is Al Snow. What other good things can we say about Al Snow?

His music started with the phrase "WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT???" which was amazing because the answer was clearly "3 minute matches on Sunday Night Heat".

Angular Landbury fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 13, 2014

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Punk living that married life.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Push Matt Hardy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hahaha. That's actually hilarious.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fantastic

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Matt looks freaking jacked, holy moly.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Wanna chill with new Chill Hardy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

oatgan posted:

Brands are out of control

Pages behind but, oatgan, these are legal persons. Please show some respect.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

loving beautiful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

Ultimate Warrior got over and he spoke a language unknown to any mortal.

I'm willing to bet Delirious would get over in WWE for this exact reason.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

:iceburn:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha, goddamn Hardy :)

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

89 posted:

Went to a talk by William Regal in London and he talked about this and how it eventually drove him to purposefully play escalating pranks on Tajiri to get back at him when they were on the road together.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Writer Cath posted:

Matt looks freaking jacked, holy moly.

Trying to reconcile WWE Matt Hardy with Indies Matt Hardy is making my head hurt.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
matt hardy in roh has been amazing + cool + funny

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cabbit posted:

Trying to reconcile WWE Matt Hardy with Indies Matt Hardy is making my head hurt.

its p.much pre and post-rehab Matt Hardy. Also his wife has been acting as a filter for his social media output so we don't get Matt Hardy hosed up on pills, eating grapes and aimlessly wandering around his house with a loaded gun.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

coconono posted:

we don't get Matt Hardy hosed up on pills, eating grapes and aimlessly wandering around his house with a loaded gun.

win/lose situation here with this whole "rehab" thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

win/lose situation here with this whole "rehab" thing

post-rehab gave us this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZOH4Z8ta0
which is legit clever

pre-rehab gave us this:
http://youtu.be/iZcEU9Dahas
which is p.trainwreck.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Didn't he or his wife get arrested for domestic battery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Didn't he or his wife get arrested for domestic battery?

both, they just brawled

frankly by stockton rules, she won