Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
The dagger hidden somewhere in Morrowind that turns enemies invisible for a few seconds when you hit them with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

the rpg in max payne 3 multiplayer. i remember seeing a .gif of a dude doing a bullettime dodge right over a chest high wall and firing a rpg at three guys point blank and i decided to use nothing else after unlocking it. it pissed so many people off, even more so once i got the gold skin for a ridiculous amount of kills with it.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Hog Butcher posted:

didn't the statue form let you kill thwomps and ignore everything

I didn't know about the thwomps thing. But the statue form is on such a short timer that you have to get the timing just right to really ignore any enemies. Otherwise you transform into Mario just in time for a turtle to kill you.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Let me tell you about chester cheetah: too cool to fool.

It was a pretty average poo poo licensed platformer, except, they decided to subvert the invincibility pick up trope.

The item is an electric guitar that, when picked up, chester busts a mad solo on. He hops left, he flourishes right and maybe even does a spin move.

All without you being able to control anything. So the invincibility is 8 seconds where you can kill one enemy if you plan it well.

Oh that doesn't seem bad enough? In level three there's a portion where you ride on top of what I call "the hip hoppo" who is a hippo wearing a clock chain ala flava flav. Anyway while you're on this smallish moving platform there is a guitar pickup and if you get it you die. And there are no enemies around.

The developer of this game was a cockhole.

you might be asking why I love this item if it's such poo poo. It's because it's existance in level forced me to develop this strat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz4GE1IaeG8&t=226s

which should have let me keep bouncing all the way to the end of the level if I didn't suck so much.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 3, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

CharlestonJew posted:

whenever you banged a guy his friend would usually kill you immediately.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Oh, I thought of another Fallout New Vegas weapon that fits in here: Lucky, the unique .357 magnum revolver. The thing is, by the time I have enough lockpick skill to get it, I usually have access to good mid-game guns and carrying around .357 ammo for Lucky isn't really worth it. But its texture is really cool.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my friends and i played multiplayer starfox 64 and i always insisted on the landmaster because it owned and i didn't care about the fact that people could basically just pick me off from the sky. i did manage to jet boost up into a strafing ship though. also starfox 64 multiplayer was boring and everyone just waited until someone did a loop then dropped a bomb on them.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Pretty much any pistol or shotgun in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Anybody can kill with a rifle or machine gun. Hitting a terrorist in the head from fifty yards out with a cap gun was a thing of beauty. So was killing hordes of terrorists with a gun that takes ten minutes to reload.

Any game that has a silenced shotty.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ezio's foot at the end of assassin's creed 2

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

wirt's leg

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

The N-Bomb in Perfect Dark was amazing. Just a whirlwind that if you so much as stepped into it would make your vision completely blurred the frig out. especially in the N64 version where if you were killed by the bomb, your vision would still be blurred after you revived.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Der-Wreck posted:

The N-Bomb in Perfect Dark was amazing. Just a whirlwind that if you so much as stepped into it would make your vision completely blurred the frig out. especially in the N64 version where if you were killed by the bomb, your vision would still be blurred after you revived.

it killed the framerate too and guess what

it still does in the 360 version

it is such a major feature of the weapon they included it despite it being actively detrimental

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Was there any way to ever get the tranq guns and N bomb working right in Perfect Dark's multiplayer? Every time my friends and I used them they always affected EVERYONE including the people who weren't hit. Did I have a glitched game or was this just how it was?

zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
I'm all about cigarettes in MGS games. There were maybe one or two spots where they can be used to uncover infrared sensors before you get thermal goggles in the whole series, so they were mostly useless. If i have nothing I'm using at the moment Ill equip them cuz i don't give a gently caress bout no little damage over time if it looks cool.

IMO you should have had the option of different pack, maybe menthol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The Xanthous Crown.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

its too heavy, does basically nothing, and actively obstructs your view of like half the screen. But yet it cannot be defeated.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Was there any way to ever get the tranq guns and N bomb working right in Perfect Dark's multiplayer? Every time my friends and I used them they always affected EVERYONE including the people who weren't hit. Did I have a glitched game or was this just how it was?

the blurriness shouldn't be spreading out of its containment zone much but the lagginess is the console furiously struggling not to catch fire

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Wabbajack, baby. Best staff ever.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

zelgadis posted:

I'm all about cigarettes in MGS games. There were maybe one or two spots where they can be used to uncover infrared sensors before you get thermal goggles in the whole series, so they were mostly useless. If i have nothing I'm using at the moment Ill equip them cuz i don't give a gently caress bout no little damage over time if it looks cool.

IMO you should have had the option of different pack, maybe menthol

in yakuza you can light a cig, taunt an enemy and when they attack, do a unique heat move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AqjD9mgVE#t=67

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Action Tortoise posted:

in yakuza you can light a cig, taunt an enemy and when they attack, do a unique heat move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AqjD9mgVE#t=67

speaking of useless weapons and Yakuza all those games have weapons that seem/are pretty useless until you use your Heat move with them, then you do stuff like rip a dude's tooth out with a pair of pliers or make a dude drink a jar full of semen.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I always loved the Glock in Counterstrike for its three-round-burst mode. It was piddly as hell but occasionally one of the three shots would pierce through their helmets and you could get mad headshots with it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

smoke grenades in battlefield bad company 2 because the game actually tracked how many separate smoke grenade kills you got

bf3/4 have just rolled them into the grenade launcher which just makes it seem like you use lame frag grenades instead of sick rear end smoke grenades

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

deadwing posted:

smoke grenades in battlefield bad company 2 because the game actually tracked how many separate smoke grenade kills you got

bf3/4 have just rolled them into the grenade launcher which just makes it seem like you use lame frag grenades instead of sick rear end smoke grenades

i used the hell out of the smoke grenades in battlefield 2142 just because the EU soldier sounded so loving happy when he was throwing it

he's just go "SMOKE :D" like he was playing hopscotch or some poo poo

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
The prod from worms

I got really good at setting up kills for it and would often go out of my way to use it over a more practical weapon just to be an rear end in a top hat

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

SunAndSpring posted:

Wabbajack, baby. Best staff ever.

A lot of Daedric artifacts fit this thread. Ebony Mail in skyrim is another good one - heavy armor with a 100% muffle effect and a stupid aoe poison field that makes everyone mad at you and does basically no damage. Even still my heavy armored sneak thief punch cat wouldn't have been the same without it.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Bumping this thread exclusively to post :hfive: at you for also calling your h2h khajiit a punch cat.

:hfive:

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level
Shield arm from Megaman Legends 2, basically it blocks smaller projectiles and you can't shoot while it's in use, that combined with the 1 special weapon limit makes this very unpopular. Helped me finally beat the last boss on extra hard though.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't care if it was dumb i still liked the biogun in unreal tournament. you would basically have to be blind to be killed by it but i thought it was the funniest thing to cover the floor in slime and if someone ran into it they'd do a lil hop when they got hurt and that was all good

also i would fire the redeemer but instead of aiming it at people i would fly loops for as long as i could

my friends to this day will not stop complaining about my googun spam whenever UT chat happens

it wasn't my favorite gun to use though, I preferred dual enforcers

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I used nothing but the shovel in Castle Crashers :razz: I'm extremely good at games haha isn't that so wacky! Can somebody say Wabbajack :D :D :iamafag:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i use flashbangs whenever possible because i like the afterimage effect

also i stare into the flashbangs

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 12, 2014

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Familiar Foreigner posted:

Shield arm from Megaman Legends 2, basically it blocks smaller projectiles and you can't shoot while it's in use, that combined with the 1 special weapon limit makes this very unpopular. Helped me finally beat the last boss on extra hard though.

On this note, using the maxed out vacuum arm in MML1 is hilarious because you just clear out a room with your endgame buster and press the special attack button for about a second and watch literally all the zenny in the room pop up above your head all at once. There was some one or two room ruin that I would farm the poo poo out of this way, owned.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The egg vacuum in Shadow the Hedgehog. Actually a bunch of weapons in Shadow.

Autoexec.bat
Dec 29, 2012

Just one more level

Heavy Lobster posted:

On this note, using the maxed out vacuum arm in MML1 is hilarious because you just clear out a room with your endgame buster and press the special attack button for about a second and watch literally all the zenny in the room pop up above your head all at once. There was some one or two room ruin that I would farm the poo poo out of this way, owned.

I did that as well, it was the most satisfying thing ever and pretty much mandatory to upgrade some of the weapons.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the wagon wheel with the spikes on it in dark souls that you spun around to hurt guys

also the armour that made you hurt guys when you rolled into them. combine both of these to great effect

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I still like the locust in mass effect 3 even though it's one of the worst smgs. no idea why they changed it from me2

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I always loved the Dragon in Perfect Dark; everyone else I knew adored the Superdragon but the Dragon's proxy mine effect was way funnier in multiplayer to me. Also from that same game the Magsec 4.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i don't care if it was dumb i still liked the biogun in unreal tournament. you would basically have to be blind to be killed by it but i thought it was the funniest thing to cover the floor in slime and if someone ran into it they'd do a lil hop when they got hurt and that was all good

also i would fire the redeemer but instead of aiming it at people i would fly loops for as long as i could

the alt-fire owns bigtime. a charged up shot will kill anyone in one hit, no matter how much health and armor they have. killing a dude that shrug off several point-blank rockets with one giant snotball owns

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
the mp-5 and silenced .22 in the original Delta Force FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the various knuckles in castlevania. they all have poo poo range and poor damage but they are oh so satisfying to use.

• Locked thread