Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sounds like I need to catch up on Wilfred. Were there any good parts in season 3 I should make sure I see before watching season 4? I watched the first half or so back when it was airing before I got bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't remember poo poo from season 3 (even though I created a thread for it), but the episodes are like 20 minutes each, so you could probably watch the ones you missed in 2 hours.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Sounds like I need to catch up on Wilfred. Were there any good parts in season 3 I should make sure I see before watching season 4? I watched the first half or so back when it was airing before I got bored of it.

I remember episodes 8 and 13 being important (and maybe 10, too, cause Wiki says it has Bruce in it), but that's all. I can't say I remember it all that well either tbh. David Zuckerman left as showrunner (he's back for this season) and the quality just friggin' plummeted.

edit: although the only thing I REALLY like about Wilfred is the mythology and mystery, I've never thought it was good enough to sustain itself with just "guy and dog smoke weed and go on adventures" and still don't think it's topped the season 2 premiere, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Sounds like I need to catch up on Wilfred. Were there any good parts in season 3 I should make sure I see before watching season 4?

The episode with the weird looking girl with the voice was pretty funny. Other than that, not really.

edit: Kristen Schaal

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 14, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I call it the NPR/This American Life female voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj2IiVj6erw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0Tz0B6DC4

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Plenty of things to nag about The Strain, but I hope there's a point to that glorious hair piece on the CDC doctor.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Combat Pretzel posted:

Plenty of things to nag about The Strain, but I hope there's a point to that glorious hair piece on the CDC doctor.

There were a lot of stupid things that happened that really just seemed like convenient plot shortcuts, which is really frustrating when the rest of the show is so good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Combat Pretzel posted:

Corey Stoll is bald and Del Toro is a big loving baby who wouldn't cast him unless he wore a wig because that was his 'vision'.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Combat Pretzel posted:

I thought the pilot ruled, if I'm being honest. It's hokey and campy, but it's also del Toro, so I'm gonna deal with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Corey Stoll is bald and Del Toro is a big loving baby who wouldn't cast him unless he wore a wig because that was his 'vision'.

Baldness is the solution to the vampire problem. Can't tip your hat (and reveal the shiny superweapon beneath) too early.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

sector_corrector posted:

There were a lot of stupid things that happened that really just seemed like convenient plot shortcuts, which is really frustrating when the rest of the show is so good.

If the book is anything to go by expect even more of that as it goes on; The pilot was a direct scene-for-scene adaptation of the beginning of the novel so I'm not expecting any Under the Dome shenanigans.

Dunno if it's nostalgia speaking or not but Argus Filch from Harry Potter as a badass Van Helsing figure instead of a creepy gross wizard janitor was some inspired casting. Same with getting Jonathan Hyde to play Eldritch* Palmer.

*Yes the big shadowy villain character is named Eldritch. There is no :rolleyes: big enough.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

Do you have any proof of that or are you just being an rear end in a top hat?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Dunno if it's nostalgia speaking or not but Argus Filch from Harry Potter as a badass Van Helsing figure instead of a creepy gross wizard janitor was some inspired casting. Same with getting Jonathan Hyde to play Eldritch* Palmer.

I'm pretty sure they cast John Hurt to begin with but he dropped out/got recast for some reason.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure they cast John Hurt to begin with but he dropped out/got recast for some reason.

I know you were hype as gently caress for this, do you like the show?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's PriorMarcus, dude.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MrAristocrates posted:

It's PriorMarcus, dude.

Well, gently caress you too.

Alan Sepinwall in the comments on his blog posted:

In Austin, Cuse told me that Del Toro always envisioned the Goodweather character having hair, and that the only sticking point in hiring Stoll was whether he'd be comfortable wearing a wig.

For a writer/director with such a clear and specific visual sense, I can see where GDT was coming from, but it looks ridiculous.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I thought that was p well known about the whole wig thing

I mean Marcus coulda said it nicer but if we start outing people for being assholes in TVIV, I would suggest looking in a mirror first

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Assholes in my TVIV? Why I never!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But you wouldn't be able to see your reflection! Haha, geddit?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BUT YOU WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR REFLECTION! HAHAH GEDDIT.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are you calling me, uh, a vampire.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

see cause TVIVers are myopic also it is a vampire joke

Ed: ^ yes

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Me IRL on Friday Nights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1BkF-TBng

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What's with Del Toro and vampires the dude is obsessed with them.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Vampires are one of many dumb things.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yahoo might also pick up Enlisted: http://www.avclub.com/article/yahoo-might-also-save-enlisted-206893

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

What's with Del Toro and vampires the dude is obsessed with them.

Del Toro is a gigantic loving dork.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Was that show any good?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Was that show any good?

What I saw of it was VERY good, but it never stuck with me like it stuck with other people.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

OldSenileGuy posted:

Was that show any good?

Peeps liked it, when the yahoo pickup was mentioned in my thread i think SHUPS' first reply was like "great, now do enlisted"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OldSenileGuy posted:

Was that show any good?

I was a big fan.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Quick, now someone else with a man staring at the camera avatar, post, we have a 7 post chain so far (counting this one)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Trying to empty off my DVR and get back into TV for the summer. I had no real time to watch all spring so I just lost track on everything. I guess I have to wait until I can catch up on all the fall shows on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I enjoyed The Strain. It didn't seem great but it was fun and kept me engaged. I suspect I'll enjoy this as the internet hates it. Also I've never seen anything the main actor was in before so I didn't even notice his wig. So I guess I'm just easy to please.

I should catch up with Wilfred too. I bailed last season but I'm not sure why. Either it got too weird or not weird enough. I just think I don't enjoy it week to week but if I can sit down with it for a weekend my mind gets hosed and I enjoy it.

I ruined it. Sorry, Occ.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'll add Paul McCartney to the chain.

e: Or not. As for The Strain, I can see why people may not have liked it but since I enjoyed the books I liked how they started the show.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I thought that was p well known about the whole wig thing
What's so special to Stoll then, that they don't hire an actor with an actual hairline? I haven't read the book, does he need to lose that hair at some point, or what?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Quick, now someone else with a man staring at the camera avatar, post, we have a 7 post chain so far (counting this one)

David Warner is no mere man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

I should probably watch Fargo.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

We can rise again, bigger and stronger than before! Rise, posting brethren, RISE

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

We can rise again, bigger and stronger than before! Rise, posting brethren, RISE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was just watching Whose Line, and they had an ad for a show premiering right now called Seed.

The tagline is "Fifteen years after donating sperm, Harry Dacosta is about to get a load of fatherhood."

I'm not sure if this is the best or worst tagline I've ever heard.

Burst? West?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Aphrodite posted:

I was just watching Whose Line, and they had an ad for a show premiering right now called Seed.

The tagline is "Fifteen years after donating sperm, Harry Dacosta is about to get a load of fatherhood."

I'm not sure if this is the best or worst tagline I've ever heard.

Burst? West?

Sounds like a prequel series for Jane The Virgin.

• Locked thread