Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ok. gently caress it. I hope Frazier wins by hitting 1 HR in the Finals. Just to completely embarrass MLB. Make it a swing off where both dudes need extra pitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
gently caress this format. :mad:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

why are there 800 rounds to this thing anyways. who thought this was a good idea

just make this dumb poo poo two rounds, eight batters. eliminate four after the first round. total dingers between rounds wins

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Furnaceface posted:

114 minutes since Bautista was last seen. Minnesota.

this isn't our fault :qq:

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Will it have the h---oh hi

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sports managed to kill the hr derby and slam dunk contest in the same year, that's an impressive feat

I mean the slam dunk contest was already bad but their new rules.. man I don't know which contests' new rules are worse

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Ken Junior Griffey

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Will it have enough height!? *cuts to Cespedes sitting in a chair instead of showing ball*

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Great now I get to hear all the Toronto "fans" bloviate insufferably about the injustice of it all

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Poonerman posted:

just make this dumb poo poo two rounds, eight batters. eliminate four after the first round. total dingers between rounds wins

make a 9th spot for a hometown guy so you don't waste a real spot on one

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Todd Frazier hits like 12 total homers to win the derby, hits 0 remainder of season.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Yo gonna win 6-2

Or 2-1 if he bats second lol

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Akward silence in the studio lol

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Cespedes taking a nap to make things interesting.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

MrChips posted:

Great now I get to hear all the Toronto "fans" bloviate insufferably about the injustice of it all

this but unironically

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
oh my god can this thing be anymore of a train wreck

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

No Gillette, if you can't shave with a straight razor, you're not a real man.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I understand there was a delay but this broadcast is in its fifth hour. A homerun derby.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

will_colorado posted:

No Gillette, if you can't shave with a straight razor, you're not a real man.

Every person I've known who has shaved with a straight razor tends to be a douche :shrug:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Here is a commercial that should be showing for an event like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTnDKqprD0

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Oh please baseball gods, let Frazier win with 1 hr. 2 would be fine as well.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Laderhan posted:

Frazier hasn't won yet.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Laderhan posted:

Frazier winning with 1 HR could do it.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
lol at that harper commercial

too bad he can't hit

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They're not even going to show the celebrity softball game are they. Because of how long this derby has been

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Gorman Thomas posted:

lol at that harper commercial

too bad he can't hit

He's getting better

I hope

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

MaoistBanker posted:

Here is a commercial that should be showing for an event like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTnDKqprD0

this unironically owns

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

yeah, show Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

this unironically owns

It always sounds to me like Trey Parker is singing the jingle.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Quest For Glory II posted:

They're not even going to show the celebrity softball game are they. Because of how long this derby has been

they better, i need to take pot shots at zach parise

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I wish life was like 80's commercials

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
CORE

STRENGTH

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Quest For Glory II posted:

They better. I actually enjoy that poo poo.

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
I don't know who's doing a worse job tracking these balls: the kids or the camera crew.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Davey and Goliath? Did I hear that correctly?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

HOLY gently caress LOOK AT IT RAIN

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

#bringtherain

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Do another loving rain delay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nice barehanded stab off the wall by that kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rain this motherfucker out

• Locked thread