Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seedy Wizard
Feb 17, 2011

who wants a
body massage
NOTHING CAN STOP HIM!

loving Zordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does that cutscene really change any of Adol's priorities? It doesn't seem like it would.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Hey sorry I haven't updated in two weeks a tree fell over and removed my internet.

I'm back and should hopefully have some stuff recorded this weekend. I hope you like sand and the things associated with sand. Sand.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

A relatively short episode, where we take a trip to the desert to fight a dragon. Good times.
Again, sorry about the delay. I'll try to have more frequent updates happening again soon!

QuetzaDrake
Sep 11, 2011

So lonely.
I've been played Ys Origin lately and I too thought the Topaz would empower your earth magic.

It also made me wish the quicksand portion of Origin was as short as Ys IV's.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

toddy. posted:

A relatively short episode, where we take a trip to the desert to fight a dragon. Good times.
Again, sorry about the delay. I'll try to have more frequent updates happening again soon!

Well MAYBE if the rest of mumblecrew wasn't sleeping 100 percent of the time...

Also maybe if a tree didnt fall on your house and knock out your internet connection for three weeks.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I stopped being surprised with the Jojo soundtrack around the time this song showed up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3tlJeTf7kg

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man that desert quicksand area looks obnoxious. Also you should have totally played "Walk like an Egyptian" during your grind section.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

QuetzaDrake posted:

It also made me wish the quicksand portion of Origin was as short as Ys IV's.

The Silent Sands is a terribly designed level, but I have a lot of unpopular opinions about Ys Origin that I'll have to leave for the LP sometime 20XX.

Mico posted:

Well MAYBE if the rest of mumblecrew wasn't sleeping 100 percent of the time...

Also maybe if a tree didnt fall on your house and knock out your internet connection for three weeks.

Also I'm lazy as gently caress but that's the majority of LP so whatever. *drops mic*

Golden Goat posted:

Man that desert quicksand area looks obnoxious. Also you should have totally played "Walk like an Egyptian" during your grind section.

I came close to losing an Asura's Wrath episode on YouTube because I used a song by Yes I assume if I used a song by the Bangles a swat team would come crashing through my window. :tinfoil:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, at least you'll find out the head isn't the weak point when you bump into it and nothing happens? I suppose that's one thing to be said for the boss.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Glazius posted:

Well, at least you'll find out the head isn't the weak point when you bump into it and nothing happens? I suppose that's one thing to be said for the boss.

Except taking a big old pile of damage straight to the dome.

----

In other news I recorded another 2 episodes so we might be back on a regular update schedule soon.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

In this episode Adol tries to save some old geezer's kid who wandered off into the snow and got eaten by crabs. I also try dangerous arcane magicks to reveal the invisible enemies lurking in the snow and find out where baddies go when they die.

Also there's a talking sage baby.

Next time Adol steps into the wrong neighbourhood.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I can just about handle the idea of walking into things to stab them but also being able to hit things in the air is somehow a step too far. It wasn't until halfway through the first time through the boss I realised you were actually damaging it and not just running around avoiding it.

Seedy Wizard
Feb 17, 2011

who wants a
body massage

I took a screenshot this dude and put it into Google image search to see if I could find his irl doppelganger.

Here's what I found.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Who was playing that old man, he sounded familiar.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Seedy Wizard posted:

I took a screenshot this dude and put it into Google image search to see if I could find his irl doppelganger.

Here's what I found.

You're managing to out-anime a Falcom LP thread and I am scared for my very life.
Also there was a Dora the Explorer cake in the results and that's obviously the correct match.

Bholder posted:

Who was playing that old man, he sounded familiar.

Michael Hillard. Maybe this Michael Hillard? I can't confirm this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

toddy. posted:

In this episode Adol tries to save some old geezer's kid who wandered off into the snow and got eaten by crabs. I also try dangerous arcane magicks to reveal the invisible enemies lurking in the snow and find out where baddies go when they die.

Also there's a talking sage baby.

Next time Adol steps into the wrong neighbourhood.

Man, it's so weird hearing the music. It sounds so similar to what I remember from the SNES version, but so different too... I kind of feel like the music here is better quality, but the music in the SNES version fits the graphics better? I dunno.

For instance, here's the ice area music in the SNES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjlktGKrikQ

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, Tim is the most unfortunate child.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wanted to say thanks; on one of your videos for Felghana I saw a strategy for a boss that hadn't occurred to me even thought I had fought it like twenty times.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 15, 2014

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Tim's stoned, and we need to go brew some herb to cure him. Wait, that's backwards or something.
Another episode should be up tomorrow. A nice chunky 2 updates for not updating enough, that good enough for you? No? Alright I'll record some more later in the week. I'm gonna pump out videos for the thread as much as possible through July...

Uh... hopefully...

Also I should reupload the Oath in Felghana videos to YouTube to get better quality. I'll do that towards the middle of the month so I can use up my data cap before it resets.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Wow, we got some really bad voice acting in this episode.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Had to take off my headphones because of that demonic shriek.
At least the voice acting is period accurate.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It did actually charge you the 20MP each time Flair made you teleport, which leads to the unimportant question of what happens if you don't have it.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

Polsy posted:

It did actually charge you the 20MP each time Flair made you teleport, which leads to the unimportant question of what happens if you don't have it.

They probably teleport into Escherspace and die. (actually it would probably just teleport anyway)

---

I'm... I'm what?

I AM DAD.

This is a cool episode where I take a comeback tour to Esteria. We see a bunch of stuff from Ys I & II and we fight our first Clan of Darkness member.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Please stop this charade and play Maplestory with me.

Seedy Wizard
Feb 17, 2011

who wants a
body massage
Ahh yes Keith Fact, cousin of Kevin Fact.

Dryzen posted:

Quiet you.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I played Maple Story once, it bored me.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I wanna play maple story todby why don't we play maplestory?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I played maplestory.
Its a decision I continually make the mistake of repeating.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

While you people are talking about a bad game, let me skip to the best part of the video for you all: Right here.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Maplestory is an amazing game and very cute and great and please play with us toddy the whole crew is here there is only great things here for you think of the children thanks toddy

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I have update for you.

Tim is still a colossal shithead why don't we leave him in a hole somewhere that would make our life a lot easier- WHY AM I ON FIRE!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

If only I could have Dogi's wallcrushing physique

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
While I work on the next couple updates, have some more bizarre snaps from the Falcom Gakuen anime:

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Hey, I'm glad someone is LPing this.
I did the voices of Eldeel and old guy jones

I hadn't played through the whole game after doing my part of the dub, and it's been tough finding videos of it.

Just a bit of back story:

The author of the project emailed me directly and asked if I'd be a voice in this, he already had the lines typed out, and even all the original samples from the game cut for each actor to mimic. How could I possibly say 'no' to being immortalized in a crazy animu CD game for all eternity? Also the timing is meant to match the japanese exactly, since you can't change how long the wavs are in the game or whatever. So this wasn't the easiest script to read since it seems that japanese words are longer or shorter.

Anyway, I hope you like my epic death scene ACTIIIING!

ChaosTheory fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 15, 2014

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
I... may have read this post in Old Man Jeff's voice once I read whose voices you did. You did great :)

Also I've seen the audio tracks after tooling around with the contents of the disc (it's the only way to apply the patch or get the redbook audio off the cd) and yeah the VA tracks are structurally archaic as all get out. Pretty inconvenient when you consider that's the way they had to do it on all PCE games like this.

---

On another note, I've been lazy as hell playing other games (grinding the hell out of Ys Origin amongst other things) but I should record, commentate and edit at least one video's worth of game tomorrow. The next section of the game really sucks and I'm not really looking forward to it but it's all fun from the next video onwards basically. Typical Water Temple nonsense, you'll just have to trust me.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Realtalk, when was the last time anybody ever told Dogi what doors are? You can't just go assuming people know these things, after all.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
He was raised in a tent.

Rady's Tomb is a kinda lovely dungeon, also something went wrong with Magic Engine at one point but it's okay I'm a trained professional.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I think I remember this dungeon from a stream from a (long) while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
Please vote for Gurumin on Steam Greenlight!

Another fantastic Falcom title is making its way to Steam thanks to the folks at Mastiff. Please support the makers of great games such as the Ys series and Legend of Heroes, and even get free copies of the game from the publishers! Details are on the greenlight page.

If you don't, beatings are in order.

---

Ys IV updates may be coming soon. I may have made the mistake of reactivating my FFXIV subscription so temporal distortion around my computer may come into effect - no promises!

• Locked thread