Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23981757

Don't think there's a youtube mirror for this yet, or I'd post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Uh, did the animator give up halfway or something? It looked like they were trying to make the Moriyas the Shin Getter team and Reimu/Marisa/probably Sakuya the Neo Getter team, but then Sanae is suddenly in the Neo Getter and then Hisou Tensoku shows up randomly at the end? :psyduck:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
What's this Shin Getter Neo Getter stuff?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

Ah god drat it I keep forgetting to upload them. Remind me this weekend, I have to head to work now though.

Fancy me, first I ask my dumb question just because I'm addicted to good music, then I completely forget about this. Any chance of the music still being uploaded again?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I finally got off my butt and reuploaded the Touhou music torrent, it includes collections 1-23 as well as the Booby Prize folder. Sorry for the delay, folks.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=575194

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Thank you and currently seeding

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Same here, I'm currently really enjoying the Russian Roulette that is the booby prize folder, it seems to run the gamut between "actually interesting" and "gently caress my ears are bleeding" and is that a whole folder of miscellaneous arrangements of music where most of the instruments are Hatsune Miku? Not to mention the the precious things being stolen

Any chance you'll ever update that with new and unimproved touhou oddities? I'm super bad at finding new music myself and I'd appreciate it if people post some new weird Touhou music because I'm a musical masochist who loves strange remixes. The only unusual one I found recently was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSP4UXqUOc

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Blame Humble Bundle for my lack of new collections, every time I think I'll get back to doing the Touhou stuff, a new Humble Bundle comes out with attached soundtracks, and I get distracted by that. Though they haven't had any new ones in a while, so knock on wood, maybe I'll get back to Touhou stuff soon.

The Booby Prize folder is not always the worst poo poo, but it's certainly stuff I wouldn't be caught dead listening to in the car or something.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

A Meat posted:

Any chance you'll ever update that with new and unimproved touhou oddities? I'm super bad at finding new music myself and I'd appreciate it if people post some new weird Touhou music because I'm a musical masochist who loves strange remixes. The only unusual one I found recently was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSP4UXqUOc
Good news is that you can find a whole lot more where that came from. The artist uploaded nearly his ENTIRE discography to the internet because his hard drive with all the original tracks crashed, meaning he was unable to print off any more physical CDs.

Just go here and click on anything below the first link in the post: http://fractaleline.in/blog/2012/10/m3-2012-1.html and that will take you to each album's page. Clicking on "zip.dl" will let you download that album. (FRCT-0008 and 9 are original albums)

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=492233

All of these are good wallpaper material.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I keep my touhou stuff in a hidden folder, my shame must never leave the virtual world.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey nerds if you play these games and use a gamepad (lol), what gamepad do you all use?

I've used a PS2 controller for five years now but I'm sick of the drat thing forcing me to choose between either the d-pad or the analog stick. It's never allowed both which is really annoying when I need certain types of precision.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I finally got off my butt and reuploaded the Touhou music torrent, it includes collections 1-23 as well as the Booby Prize folder. Sorry for the delay, folks.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=575194

Thanks for the music. I already found some good stuff in it and decided to seed it. (Normaly I delete a torrent as fast as possible, because having part of your bandwidth taken over by them is annoying. But good music needs to be shared!)

soapydishwater
Feb 11, 2013

definitely not cleansing

Volt Catfish posted:

Hey nerds if you play these games and use a gamepad (lol), what gamepad do you all use?

I've used a PS2 controller for five years now but I'm sick of the drat thing forcing me to choose between either the d-pad or the analog stick. It's never allowed both which is really annoying when I need certain types of precision.

I use a PS4 controller- it has a really great dpad, which is pretty much necessary if you're gonna play something like Touhou with a gamepad. Plus it's just a really great controller in general, even if you have to do some faffing with custom drivers to get it working with games besides Touhou. I've heard the Xbone controller has a good dpad too, though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Libluini posted:

Thanks for the music. I already found some good stuff in it and decided to seed it. (Normaly I delete a torrent as fast as possible, because having part of your bandwidth taken over by them is annoying. But good music needs to be shared!)

Well I would hope that at least goons would seed a 1:1 ratio or more like any normal respectful person would anyways!!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Volt Catfish posted:

I just started using the Xbox 360 controller om PCB which for some reason doesn't recognise the d-pad and has some weird movement with the left stick. So uh, I guess don't use that one.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks for the feedback. While I'm talking about the games again, do any of you know if anymore "boss practice" patches were released for the games that don't have spell practice? They were mighty useful patches and we all know sometimes you don't want to do the whole bloody stage just to fight a boss to practice one spellcard.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Music request: has anyone ever put together a mashup of the moon 2hu themes with a Star Trek theme?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Is that what we're calling them now? 2hus?

2hu4u?

:suicide:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

DrSunshine posted:

2hu4u?

I said it before and I'll say it again:

diaper heads.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

DrSunshine posted:

2hu4u?

P4uhous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_Ag2XgG7Y
(man I miss DDR...)

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

DrSunshine posted:

2hu4u?

2hust2hurious
I would totally play a Danmaku style racer

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Trollhawke posted:

2hust2hurious

Wouldn't it just be a kart racing game where nobody ever runs out of powerups?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

drat right we are! :kamina:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

A Meat posted:

Wouldn't it just be a kart racing game where nobody ever runs out of powerups?

It'd be F-Zero GX.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

It'd be F-Zero GX.

Every course is just the lava tiki poo poo god course and the 'totally not rainbow road' course from GX combined.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009

Trollhawke posted:

2hust2hurious

Isn't this just basically Audiosurf in mono mode?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

I use god's gamepad aka the keyboard

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Is there any organized (doesn't need to be like super official, can be like a club) sports in Gensokyo?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

DrPaper posted:

Is there any organized (doesn't need to be like super official, can be like a club) sports in Gensokyo?

Women's soft ball.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Space Bat posted:

Women's soft ball.

How many teams are there? Who is the umpire?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

DrPaper posted:

How many teams are there? Who is the umpire?

Cirno, Mima and Orange.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Space Bat posted:

Cirno, Mima and Orange.

Are all umpires, or teams?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

DrPaper posted:

I can't tell if you're asking seriously, but the serious answer is "no". The fandom answer is "sure why not".

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Are all umpires, or teams?

Try the wiki.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Clarste posted:

I can't tell if you're asking seriously, but the serious answer is "no". The fandom answer is "sure why not".

I am asking serious. So what do the Touhou do in their free time then? Nobody plays sports?

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Danmaku is sport.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I was gonna say, Touhou is basically if the world was magical, japanese and everyone solved arguments with epilepsy-inducing foosballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Mostly they fight, drink, eat, and fight more. Imagine Valhalla except all anime girls.